Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38853 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Show is better than games LOL. Watched first episode so far.

What fallout game have you even tried?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Fallout 3. the highest rated fallout game. regard as best in series (dont care what cup said). it suck.

tried new vegas which is fan favorite. again its boring.

Show is better.

Fallout games are neither good RPG nor good action. should have been like STALKER games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Fallout 3. the highest rated fallout game. regard as best in series (dont care what cup said). it suck.

tried new vegas which is fan favorite. again its boring.

Show is better.

Fallout games are neither good RPG nor good action. should have been like STALKER games.

Fallout 3 had good atmosphere and some side quests, that's it. New Vegas is the game to play.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Fallout 3 had good reviews.

People cannot be trusted.

Loading Video...

According to mack. developers dont make games like this anymore and it blew away OMG!!!.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever: Play New Vegas ffs its cheap af you don't even need to pirate it and your pc from 2014 could handle it.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1861 Posts

I'll give it a watch. I'm particularly excited to watch this since it's one of the few shows that my mom, dad, brother, and sister are all interested in watching.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:

I'll give it a watch. I'm particularly excited to watch this since it's one of the few shows that my mom, dad, brother, and sister are all interested in watching.

Watch this review with your whole familty before getting into the series😎

Loading Video...
dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I finished it.

It was great. Lots of Easter eggs, too.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

Can we not cite media illiterate outrage baiters on YouTube?

Pretty much everyone who actually played the first 2 games, as well as New Vegas knows this sow captured the spirit of the games.

For those who werent paying attention to FO lore: the destruction of the NCR was inevitable and a part of Chris Avellone's writings, hell it was going to be a big plot point of the cancelled Van Buren. The NCR made enemies with everyone, so their destruction and collapse was inevitable. Great Nations/Powers never last. If you knew how to read timelines, the timeline doesnt necessarily say Shady Sands fell when it was nuked. The nuke came afterwards. Dialogue in NV already implied that Shady Sands was in a terrible spot.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1050 Posts

Best live action game adaptation I have seen. Close second is the last of us imo.

Maybe because I only played the intro to fallout 3 really and I beat the last of us. Although fallout supposedly is an original story so I doubt even if I beat the fallout games my opinion would change.

last of us might be the better made show it just didn’t feel as novel being a near 1:1 adaptation of the game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46310 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

Watch this review with your whole familty before getting into the series😎

Loading Video...

Having my own opinion takes brain juice, have this video (read: pathetic clickbait) as a surrogate for my own thoughts.

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Upd0g
Member since 2024 • 17 Posts

Never been that much into tv shows, too much time for too much filler. Same reason I rarely 100% open world games, just complete the campaign and any extra activities I have fun doing.

So I have not watched either Last of Us or Fallout, played both.

How does the MS's newest major Game adaptation compare to Sony's? I found some info on Last of Us's viewership:

https://apnews.com/article/last-of-us-hbo-streaming-ratings-viewers-2aa8b0e3fff83f3e87cf3c184ec4da4c

I could not find any viewership sources for Fallout to compare, not even premier viewers. If anyone finds any I would love to see.

There is this site - https://televisionstats.com/s/fallout - Which over a more vague "engagement score" to compare.

Last of us appears to track above Fallout, maxing out the engagement score with each episode. Fallout fares worse, apparently reaching 180 score in its first episode.

In short, I don't think fallout matched LOU's premier of 4.7 million viewers, but could possibly catch up in total viewers over time due to a wider audience and larger platform.

The last of us has not been dethroned, yet.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

I wasn't expecting much, but I watched an episode with my kids and we are going to continue watching it. The Show pleasantly surprised all of us... it honestly isn't bad at all. At least not yet, so I hope it keeps up that energy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56123 Posts

I finally set down and watch Fallout TV series and I gotta say, I really enjoyed it! This proceeded my expectations. I'll admit, I'm a New Vegas fan (since it clearly is the best Fallout game to date) through and through, Todd's influence is clear in this, mostly with how it's emulating the Fallout 4 aesthetic. But there were nods more for Fallout 1 and New Vegas than for the later Fallout to 3 and 4. I think fans in general are gonna be kinda mixed/divided for those who aren't New Vegas fan so this is to be expected. Overall, it's a 9/10 and I like it way more than TLOU mini series.

So true to this.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

Finished it tonight and enjoyed it as a general watch. I'll give it a more attentive view at some point. Walton Goggins was by far the best aspect of the show as The Ghoul. Maximus was a great big meh, and Lucy was kinda middling, but not awful by any means.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7272 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Will watch an episode to see what's up, but i am expecting modern writing🤢

People cracking jokes while in life threatening situations like they're hosting a comedy night.

Is that a new thing that just started happening recently? This describes most of Stallone, Van Dame, and Schwarzenegger's movies. And a large chunk of the horror genre. And a few eras of Bond. Hell, a lot of classic film noir too.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

It’s fantastic

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46310 Posts

@judaspete said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Will watch an episode to see what's up, but i am expecting modern writing🤢

People cracking jokes while in life threatening situations like they're hosting a comedy night.

Is that a new thing that just started happening recently? This describes most of Stallone, Van Dame, and Schwarzenegger's movies. And a large chunk of the horror genre. And a few eras of Bond. Hell, a lot of classic film noir too.

Those guys had comic reliefs, oneliners, ... way different from what's happening now.

Seriously, they are in life threatening situations all the time, and never take them serious one bit.

When Arnold or Sylvester were shooting the place up, at least they did so with a sense of seriousness. Sure, it was over the top, whacky, but there is a fine line to make it childish and removed from the situation all the time.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8233 Posts

Watched the first episode, seems pretty good honestly. 1st episode started off good, was entertained, felt like fallout. But you can tell it's a Amazon show, special effects are not that great, but it gets the job done.

I hope Amazon's WH40k show is good 🙏

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22686 Posts

I've watched the first two episodes. It's awesome so far. So good with the source content. Really enjoy it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7235 Posts

It's definitely up their with last of us much better than the halo series.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

Only two more to go for me. Loving it!

Also nice to see there are some British Actors in this show. Never really heard of Ella Purnell before this. I like her even more now, especially as she's British. And British Actor/Comedian Matt Berry is perfect for the Voice of the Mr Handy robots.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Will check this out, starting tonight!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Maroxad

I watched up to Episode 6 and it is solid all around. Builds on the worldbuilding of previous FOs. But otherwise an original story. Now that I have seen the episodes proper. I can say that the overreaction from clickbaiters trying to farm engagement is likely just that, disingenous takes for the purpose of algorithm farming.

Will watch more later. Love the nods. And good utilization of the worldbuilding.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

I watched up to Episode 6 and it is solid all around. Builds on the worldbuilding of previous FOs. But otherwise an original story. Now that I have seen the episodes proper. I can say that the overreaction from clickbait videos on YouTube were indeed bad takes.

Will watch more later. Love the nods. And good utilization of the worldbuilding.

If you like it, i know its bad. Thanks for the confirmation.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Maroxad

@hardwenzen: Yes considering your opinion on Disco Elysium and mocking me for reading books, all while at one point arguing that GoW Ragnarök was worth it for the story alone. I wouldnt recommend a quality product like this to you.

7/10 is my impression thus far, you would probably give it a 3/10.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Yes considering your opinion on Disco Elysium and mocking me for reading books, all while at one point arguing that GoW Ragnarök was worth it for the story alone. I wouldnt recommend a quality product like this to you.

7/10 is my impression thus far, you would probably give it a 3/10.

wtf are you on about, Dr Maroxad? If you saw me defending the story of Ragnarok, it was only when i began playing the game. Ever since i beat the game, i've been very vocal about its story telling being complete garbage, and the way they softened Kratos was atrocious. The story that i am all about is from gow2018, not Ragnarok.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Maroxad

Finished the season. Some of the pacing could have been better, but the worldbuilding was solid, the characters are good. And I kinda like how the 3 protagonists each allude to a different playstyle in Fallout.

7/10 is my final score for the season.

@hardwenzen said:

wtf are you on about, Dr Maroxad? If you saw me defending the story of Ragnarok, it was only when i began playing the game. Ever since i beat the game, i've been very vocal about its story telling being complete garbage, and the way they softened Kratos was atrocious. The story that i am all about is from gow2018, not Ragnarok.

The fact that you said what you did about Ragnarök at any point. Tells me that our tastes are polar opposites.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen said:

The fact that you said what you did about Ragnarök at any point. Tells me that our tastes are polar opposites.

You haven't played the game, so what would YOU know? See? I too can play this "you haven't played it, so you shouldn't be talking about the game" card🤷‍♂️And no, when the new characters were being introduced, it was interesting, and its only by the end that everything ended very flaccidly.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

You haven't played the game, so what would YOU know? See? I too can play this "you haven't played it, so you shouldn't be talking about the game" card🤷‍♂️And no, when the new characters were being introduced, it was interesting, and its only by the end that everything ended very flaccidly.

You dont need to play the game to judge the story. You can watch the story on YouTube.

You can judge the visuals by looking at them, you can judge the sound by listening to it, you judge the story by reading the script or watching the game. But gameplay, that is truly something you can only experience by playing it.

There is a reason I only comment on the story, not so much the gameplay.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

You dont need to play the game to judge the story. You can watch the story on YouTube.

You can judge the visuals by looking at them, you can judge the sound by listening to it, you judge the story by reading the script or watching the game. But gameplay, that is truly something you can only experience by playing it.

There is a reason I only comment on the story, not so much the gameplay.

No no, you must play, and beat the whole thing before you're able to say a single word about the game. This is what i am being told on SW by the likes of you and others. You're not allowed to judge anything. Until you do, you're clueless about anything related to Ragnarok.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45126 Posts

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Maroxad

Well deserved. Cant wait to watch more. Especially considering where the next setting is hinted at.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

Well deserved. Cant wait to watch more. Especially considering where the next setting is hinted at.

Watch is all you can do cuz playing actual games with your 2016 mid range gpu is simply not a reality.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1253 Posts

maybe the best game to tv series yet.

The witcher,didn't do the game justice imo..7-10

TLOU,was just the game..no deviation...no originality...the chance to expand the story with new and old characters..but they did a tv remaster of a remastered remaster 5-10.

Fallout,first 5 were great,but i think it was a season or 2 early to get too heavily involved in finding the father, politics,factions and end game territory,still good though...8-10

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3057 Posts

I'm only three episodes in, but it has me really worried for the 40k show Amazon is supposedly doing with Henry Cavill. It's decent in a lot of ways, but it also leans way too heavily on weak humor, and that Amazon vibe. If they try to do that with 40k it will be awful. There is no place for that crap in a world where the dudes pray to their guns. Just like our weak ass world (me included), most of the people would either be food for the monsters, or bullet shields for the Marines. But maybe Fallout gets way more hardcore in the later episodes.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

Fallout makes me hopeful for more video game shows to turn out well. It's a better Fallout 5 than the actual Fallout 5 will end up being

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45126 Posts

Watching the third episode. I’ll admit, I’m finding this more interesting than TLOU show. This has way more action.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

Watching the third episode. I’ll admit, I’m finding this more interesting than TLOU show. This has way more action.

That's because the TLOU show was trash, or below average at best. As i've said it many many times, the very first scene in the movie was far superior to anything in the actual show.

Loading Video...
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#90 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

Highest-rated video game adaptations on Rotten Tomatoes:

1. Steins Gate — anime series — 100%
  2. Cyberpunk: Edgerunners — anime series — 100%
  3. Resident Evil: Damnation — animated film — 100%
  4. Arcane — animated series — 100%
  5. The Last of Us — live-action series — 96%
  6. Castlevania — animated series — 94%
  7. Fallout — live-action series — 93%
  8. Werewolves Within — live-action film — 86%
  9. Dragon's Dogma — anime series — 83%
  10. Yo-kai Watch: The Movie — anime film — 80%
  11. The Witcher— live-action series — 80%

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

Why didn't the vault dwellers realize the raiders weren't wearing pip boys?

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3226 Posts

Watched the first two episodes and so far I'm enjoying it.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1253 Posts

@DEVILinIRON:

Because they didn't have the awareness perk?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

@saint-george said:

@DEVILinIRON:

Because they didn't have the awareness perk?

Good one. :D

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#95  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69521 Posts

I am sorry Sony has dropped the ball this year on games and TV shows. 😔

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#96 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

I don't like this girls chin, she reminds me of Robert Z'Dar.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 hardwenzen

Decided to watch the first episode before going to bed. Fell asleep half way in😂From what i've seen, the only thing that i kinda like is chick that plays the protagonist. He kinda fits the Fallout universe.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#98 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

I don't like this girls chin

She got dem anime eyes though... She should be cast in a live-action anime adaptation.