SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45269 Posts

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2021/08/08/gamers-frustrated-response-to-sony-not-a-ps5/?sh=22aa89bb360a

The growing frustration with PS5 stock shortages was amplified yesterday morning when the official US PlayStation Twitter account posted the following innocent message:

Understandably, the overwhelming response to this casual question was anything but positive, resulting in the phrase ‘Not a PS5’ trending for a good long while on the social media platform. Lots of disappointed gamers sharing their largely fruitless hunt for elusive PS5 consoles, and judging from their stories, it wasn’t for a lack of want or effort.

Honestly, I’m in the same empty-handed camp. I got lucky early on and snagged an Xbox Series X back at launch, but I basically gave up trying to find and purchase a PS5 months ago. And it’s not because of any weird console war mentality; I love my Series X but I’m also a huge PlayStation fan and would really enjoy exploring what Sony has to offer in 2021 and beyond.

Sadly, I seriously doubt that’s going to happen anytime soon. If I’m being truthful, I don’t see supply catching up with demand until perhaps early 2022, and that’s being optimistic. I can’t even blame Sony at this point, as it seems they’re making PS5s as fast as they possibly can.

With the pandemic throwing everything out of whack this past year, supply chains simply can’t keep up, and I suppose those of us who want PS5s and can’t manage to make it happen just need to be patient and wait it out. Not the greatest news, but that’s where we’re at. Hopefully the holiday season sees a bump in available units.

Anyone else not able to find a PS5 yet? I guess I was lucky I was able to find one at launch. A few weeks ago I was able to get an XSX without much struggle at all. But the PS5, that seems to be the elusive one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

If only these fellows had a PC, they'd quickly realize what a waste of exertion this is.

Sadly some opt to remain delusional.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic

@uninspiredcup said:

If only these fellows had a PC, they'd quickly realize what a waste of exertion this is.

Sadly some opt to remain delusional.

Even so, the PC route won’t exactly get you access to PlayStation’s slowly growing staple of excellent, and potentially excellent, PS5 exclusives. This includes stuff like the upcomingHorizon Forbidden West, Demon’sSouls,Sackboy: A Big Adventure, or even the new and improved version ofGhost of Tsushima Director’s Cut. Unless Sony ports them all to PC anyways, but that’s a story for a different article.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup

@SolidGame_basic: I mean that's the thing, slowly growing, and expensive with a lot of stuff merely being last gen or already third party.

In concept, I get it, remember the excitement of running out and buying a Sega Meglalodrive with the edgy hedgehog for more hardcore gamers, but as an adult, less inclined to excitement (largely to Publishers murdering it), thinking more about monetary reasoning.

Just, hold off. games accumulate, become cheaper.

Ordinarily the console would probably become cheaper, but we live in an age of wankery. Prob won't happen much, if at all thanks to scalpers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69821 Posts

Seems odd to me. There is not much someone without one is missing especially since several anticipated games are also coming to PS4.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Anyone with the means can pick up a pc at anytime.

The fact that you think people don’t know that tells me that the delusions are with you.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

Haha this generation is such a joke, even when magazines writes payed shill stuff for x company, they still struggle to actually justify why anyone would want one of these consoles…

“ slowly growing staple of excellent, and potentially excellent, PS5 exclusives. This includes stuff like the upcomingHorizon Forbidden West ( might come out in a year), Demon’sSouls ( a remake of a PS3 game) Sackboy: A Big Adventure ( really?)or even the new and improved version of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut.( wooow a PS4 game with slightly better settings)!”

You just can’t make this stuff up!😂😂😂

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sealionact said:

The fact that you think people don’t know that tells me that the delusions are with you.

Sadly peoples perceptions, expectations and experiences are not all encompassing.

While I admire your confidence, this is a simplistic take distanced from reality.

Most certainly delusional.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic
@uninspiredcup said:
@sealionact said:

Sadly peoples perceptions, expectations and experiences are not all encompassing.

While I admire your confidence, this is a simplistic take distanced from reality.

Most certainly delusional.

You seem to think everyone thinks like you lol. Lets look at the state of PC in 2021:

• Ridiculously high GPU prices
  • All digital platform where PC gamers are resorting to gray markets to avoid paying full price
  • Segmentation of games depending on what platform you use
  • Barely any worthwhile exclusives so value has been repositioned as playing console games with extra shiny graphics
  • Having to figure out if your PC is optimized for a game or if a game is optimized for PC

Even if you had the most state of the art PC, it would still be a waste of money. Developers make games for the masses. They aren't going to focus on making resource heavy games when most people don't have the hardware for it. Look at Nintendo, Mario Kart 8 has sold 37 million copies. And where is that on PC again?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
@SolidGame_basic said:
  • All digital platform where PC gamers are resorting to gray markets to avoid paying full price

Seeking value should be applauded.

Nintendo's users could learn much from PC gamers, elevating themselves above accepting exploitation as normality. Making fan games without being sent run DMCs.

Significant quality of life improvements across the board.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sealionact

@uninspiredcup: You’re suggesting people are delusional because they’re looking for consoles instead of buying a pc.

You then state that people have different expectations, perceptions and experiences …. which is exactly why some people prefer consoles.

You just argued with yourself basically.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sealionact: Thankfully, "some" was added as context, ensuring empathy towards the more enlightened Sony (most likely now PC) users who jumped ship.

Unfortunately, the reply didn't, presented as a binary 0 or 1 choice. In turn creating a self-fulfilled hypocrisy, projecting which was being implied tenfold. Causing a big nuclear explosion.

Ah.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

I wonder what game they are so eager to play and have to own a PS5 for.

Can't be Returnal, Sony fans don't like good shit.
Is is the Demon's Souls remake? Probably not, most Sony fans don't like difficult shit.
Is it the 10 hour long R&C?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pedro
@SolidGame_basic said:

You seem to think everyone thinks like you lol. Lets look at the state of PC in 2021:

• Barely any worthwhile exclusives so value has been repositioned as playing console games with extra shiny graphics
  • Having to figure out if your PC is optimized for a game or if a game is optimized for PC

Even if you had the most state of the art PC, it would still be a waste of money. Developers make games for the masses. They aren't going to focus on making resource heavy games when most people don't have the hardware for it. Look at Nintendo, Mario Kart 8 has sold 37 million copies. And where is that on PC again?

GPU prices are high.

You claim to sell your games and are facilitating the process of gamers not paying full price for games.

All the games you purchase can be played on the same PC.

Opinion and folks don't game on PC for exclusives. That is console silliness.

While there are some games that has it problems(like all platforms), modern games automatically configures itself.

Why are you gaming on the PS5 and XSX if developers are making games for the masses which is the PS4 and Switch? Why did you spend $1000 to game on PS5 and XSX but then complain about segmentation of games on PC?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

GPU prices are high.

You claim to sell your games and are facilitating the process of gamers not paying full price for games.

While there are some games that has it problems(like all platforms), modern games automatically configures itself.

Why are you gaming on the PS5 and XSX if developers are making games for the masses which is the PS4? Why did you spend $1000 to game on PS5 and XSX but then complain about segmentation of games on PC?

GPU prices are high.

Yep, me 1 you 0

Console gives me my freedom of choice when it comes to ownership. PC does not.

Me 2 you 0

But if you have a preference for a certain platform, that is not guaranteed.

Me 3 you 0

States what I said is an opinion, and then delivers his own opinion.

I'll give you the tie on that one.

Lmao, everyone knows you're obfuscating the truth there

Me 4 you 0

Why are you gaming on the PS5 and XSX if developers are making games for the masses which is the PS4? Why did you spend $1000 to game on PS5 and XSX but then complain about segmentation of games on PC?

I think you forget that I'm the ultimate gamer, Manticore Extraordinaire.

Me 10 you 0

Wow, you just got smoked! I suggest you take a break and come back once you've collected yourself 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

GPU prices are high.

Yep, me 1 you 0

Console gives me my freedom of choice when it comes to ownership. PC does not.

Me 2 you 0

But if you have a preference for a certain platform, that is not guaranteed.

Me 3 you 0

States what I said is an opinion, and then delivers his own opinion.

I'll give you the tie on that one.

Lmao, everyone knows you're obfuscating the truth there

Me 4 you 0

I think you forget that I'm the ultimate gamer, Manticore Extraordinaire.

Me 10 you 0

Wow, you just got smoked! I suggest you take a break and come back once you've collected yourself 😎

You are deflecting. You called out PC gaming for grey markets to avoid paying full prices when the act of buying used games is also avoidance of paying full price. It was nothing about ownership.

Again, you are deflecting. All the games you purchase can be played on the same hardware. This segmentation you speak of is a far cry from owning multiple systems to play games.

There is no tie.

No I am not obfuscating the truth. You are embellishing reality because reality doesn't fit your agenda.

You are unable to accept the hypocrisy of your claims. You complain about PC pricing and segmentation but spent $1000 to play games on two different platforms for just an upgrade in performance.

At least you tried. 🤷🏽‍♀️

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

It's selling on hype alone. Most people who pick one up will play CoD and Fortnite on it anyways.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sealionact

@uninspiredcup: No nuclear explosions anywhere.

Just a reminder of the bleeding obvious; If those people wanted a pc, they can find one easily. They can’t find a console, which is they want…and that was also what this thread was about.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7206 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

Haha this generation is such a joke, even when magazines writes payed shill stuff for x company, they still struggle to actually justify why anyone would want one of these consoles…

“ slowly growing staple of excellent, and potentially excellent, PS5 exclusives. This includes stuff like the upcomingHorizon Forbidden West, Demon’sSouls ( a remake of a PS3 game) Sackboy: A Big Adventure ( really?)or even the new and improved version of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut.( wooow a PS4 game with slightly better settings)!”

so tell why a gamer would want a series x then if its just a xbox one with better settings.

halo can be played on xbox one. medium (coming to ps5 soon) flight sim (that is really not a game). see they both have no reason to buy right now.

next gen just started. ps4 and xbox one didnt have much more games one year in but people wanted them.

I have a ps5 and just playing ps4 games at 60fps 4k is enough to want one alone. nevermind whats to come.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

It’s always entertaining to me to watch a “hardcore,” “enthusiast“ board talk about how owning new consoles isn’t worth it. Higher FPS and resolution meant the world during the PS4 vs Xbox One era, but now even bigger differences that the PS5 vs PS4 and Xbox Series X vs Xbox One aren’t important.

I had a friend over this last weekend that was in this camp. His base PS4 is all he needs right now. He’s playing through FF7 remake, so I had him play it on the PS5 in performance mode. Of course he was blown away. Now he needs a PS5. Y’all always talk yourselves into these stances out of necessity, or some sort of validation. It’s OK to not have the newest tech. But don’t lie to yourselves…

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Helps that gaming is kinda whatever these days. No rush.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

Gamers frustrated that they can find a PS5 in their living room but can't find a good reason why it's there.

Fixed. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@sealionact said:

Just a reminder of the bleeding obvious; If those people wanted a pc, they can find one easily. They can’t find a console, which is they want…and that was also what this thread was about.

That is not true. My PC is going to take 60 days before it can be shipped. That is assuming there are no delays in parts acquisition. Many pre-built PCs are out of stock and I am referencing gaming PCs.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sealionact

@Pedro said:
@sealionact said:

That is not true. My PC is going to take 60 days before it can be shipped. That is assuming there are no delays in parts acquisition. Many pre-built PCs are out of stock and I am referencing gaming PCs.

Your PC. I can walk into any store and buy a prebuilt gaming PC immediately.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@sealionact said:

I don't type words aimlessly. I am specifically referring to gaming PCs.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact
@gifford38 said:
@djoffer123 said:

“ slowly growing staple of excellent, and potentially excellent, PS5 exclusives. This includes stuff like the upcomingHorizon Forbidden West, Demon’sSouls ( a remake of a PS3 game) Sackboy: A Big Adventure ( really?)or even the new and improved version of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut.( wooow a PS4 game with slightly better settings)!”

so tell why a gamer would want a series x then if its just a xbox one with better settings.

halo can be played on xbox one. medium (coming to ps5 soon) flight sim (that is really not a game). see they both have no reason to buy right now.

next gen just started. ps4 and xbox one didnt have much more games one year in but people wanted them.

I have a ps5 and just playing ps4 games at 60fps 4k is enough to want one alone. nevermind whats to come.

There’s many more reasons for getting an XSX. Sony’s upgrade path for games is bizarrely inconsistent. Some games require you to pay for a deluxe edition of the game you already own, with no option of simply upgrading the game for free (Spider-Man). Some have no upgrade options at all. All cloud saves require a subscription to PSplus, with methods of transferring game saves being completely different from game to game.

Framerate and HDR upgrades are way more consistent on XSX than PS5.

There’s already more games that are only available on XSX than there are only on PS5, and all of those games are on Gamepass, while PSNow doesn’t have one single PS5 only game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

You answered your own question.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 947 Posts

I must be one of the few that really isnt in a hurry to buy one, especially at the current price. My PS4 is still kicking and I still dont see any big reason to fork 500 euros on a PS5. A remake of a 2009 game and a Roguelite for 80 euros each definitely arent enough reason. Ratchet and Clank looks very good also but not 500 euros good.

Yeah, I can easily wait 2/3 years until I buy one. Both the console and the games will be cheaper by then. Bought a house recently so I have priorities on my money spendings atm

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sealionact

@Pedro said:
@sealionact said:

I don't type words aimlessly. I am specifically referring to gaming PCs.

So was I….that’s why I non-aimlessly spoke about prebuilt gaming PCs.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pedro

@sealionact said:

Pre-built gaming PCs are not as easily acquired as you are claiming it to be. What stores are you referencing?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sealionact

@Pedro said:
@sealionact said:

Pre-built gaming PCs are not as easily acquired as you are claiming it to be. What stores are you referencing?

Literally every single store that sells prebuilt PCs. Even if you can’t get a PC with the exact specs you’re looking for, it’s infinitely easier to get a gaming PC right now than a “next gen” console.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@sealionact said:

Literally every single store that sells prebuilt PCs. Even if you can’t get a PC with the exact specs you’re looking for, it’s infinitely easier to get a gaming PC right now than a “next gen” console.

I literally visited Best Buy on Saturday for pre-built gaming systems and there were none. And despite your hyperbole, it is not infinitely easier to get a gaming PC right now.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sealionact

@Pedro said:
@sealionact said:

I literally visited Best Buy on Saturday for pre-built gaming systems and there were none. And despite your hyperbole, it is not infinitely easier to get a gaming PC right now.

Dude, you’re being pedantic. Here’s a link which should really get you to move on. This was the first place I checked, and I’m not really going to waste more energy to prove something that you already know the answer to;
1 x gaming PC at BestBuy delivered in 3 days, or pick up at your local Best Buy next day.

Best Buy gaming PCs.

If you really want to continue with this debate, then by all means post a link that gets you a PS5 within 3 days at retail price.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

That’s the power of the ps5. Gamers want to experience nothing but the best, so I don’t blame them for wanting one so badly.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Why?

Delay-station 5 has no games

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Wow... lots of console vs PC talk in a PS5 supply thread.

Anyway, the only time I've seen either a PS5 or XSeX on a store shelf was at the same time last week. Found one of each at a store selling them as bundles but the system was marked up to $800. Bundle included 2 games and an extra controller but the asking price was just over $1000. Ridiculous that even stores are now being scalpers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@sealionact said:

Dude, you’re being pedantic. Here’s a link which should really get you to move on. This was the first place I checked, and I’m not really going to waste more energy to prove something that you already know the answer to;

1 x gaming PC at BestBuy delivered in 3 days, or pick up at your local Best Buy next day.

Best Buy gaming PCs.

If you really want to continue with this debate, then by all means post a link that gets you a PS5 within 3 days at retail price.

You stated you can easily go into a store and purchase a prebuilt gaming machine immediately and I told that was not the case and my recent visit to the store this Saturday says otherwise. You just counter your own argument and validated what I initially stated.

Who stated anything about the PS5?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pedro
@daredevils2k said:

That’s the power of the ps5. Gamers want to experience nothing but the best, so I don’t blame them for wanting one so badly.

The best isn’t PS5 and that is demonstrably true.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2021/08/08/gamers-frustrated-response-to-sony-not-a-ps5/?sh=22aa89bb360a

The growing frustration with PS5 stock shortages was amplified yesterday morning when the official US PlayStation Twitter account posted the following innocent message:

Understandably, the overwhelming response to this casual question was anything but positive, resulting in the phrase ‘Not a PS5’ trending for a good long while on the social media platform. Lots of disappointed gamers sharing their largely fruitless hunt for elusive PS5 consoles, and judging from their stories, it wasn’t for a lack of want or effort.

Honestly, I’m in the same empty-handed camp. I got lucky early on and snagged an Xbox Series X back at launch, but I basically gave up trying to find and purchase a PS5 months ago. And it’s not because of any weird console war mentality; I love my Series X but I’m also a huge PlayStation fan and would really enjoy exploring what Sony has to offer in 2021 and beyond.

Sadly, I seriously doubt that’s going to happen anytime soon. If I’m being truthful, I don’t see supply catching up with demand until perhaps early 2022, and that’s being optimistic. I can’t even blame Sony at this point, as it seems they’re making PS5s as fast as they possibly can.

With the pandemic throwing everything out of whack this past year, supply chains simply can’t keep up, and I suppose those of us who want PS5s and can’t manage to make it happen just need to be patient and wait it out. Not the greatest news, but that’s where we’re at. Hopefully the holiday season sees a bump in available units.

Anyone else not able to find a PS5 yet? I guess I was lucky I was able to find one at launch. A few weeks ago I was able to get an XSX without much struggle at all. But the PS5, that seems to be the elusive one.

That's funny cause I was able to get a PS5 without much issue at launch but I still haven't been able to get an XSX

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

Not surprising really. Most people generally get frustrated when they are unable to get something they want. There would probably be less frustration if scalping wasn’t so rampant.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I do want one. But in no rush. Once I can just go onto Amazon and click buy with no faffing around I will get one.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

Lol another thread where a certain someone got rekt by multiple people. 🤭

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

I'm frustrated having been unsuccessful even had one cancelled by the retailer. I've given up for the rest of the year.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46448 Posts

Waiting for all black version. It just looks so much better.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@R4gn4r0k said:

Waiting for all black version. It just looks so much better.

You can spray paint the current one black. 😁

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

The PS5 was easier for me to get, than the Series X. Probably a combination of better supply by Sony and trying harder on my end.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sealionact

@Pedro: The whole thread was about ps5. Just out of curiosity, are you claiming it’s easier to get a ps5 than a gaming pc? Also, which Best Buy store did you go to?

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

Both the PS5 and the Xbox Series X are way easier to get than a gaming gpu (especially rtx 30 series and AMD RX6000). Frankly as long as you follow a restock Twitter, should be able to get a ps5/XSX within a week or two max of following a restock Twitter page (or discord). This of course assumes you work from home still but getting either console is pretty easy since January I'd say.