deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@gifford38: you're expecting logic from a lemming, that's never a good thing.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

White goods department.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@super600 said:

Seriously I feel the same way with the XSX. Yeah. It's easy to predict when stock will drop at some stores like the MS store now, but it's still kinda tough to find any of the current gen consoles in Canada because stock disappears quite quickly after a restock. I don't know enough about the supply chain issues that have affected the entire world lately but it might be another year or two until the current gen consoles are less rare in the marketplace.

Have you tried Best Buy or Walmart? They have a very fair process. It's like a queue system basically. You go on and then wait for your opportunity to buy.

I don't know much about PS5 stock in Canada but the xbox series x has not been restocked at walmart or best buy in months in Canada according to NowinStock which is a bit weird if true. I am mostly relying on the MS store and to a lesser extent EB games canada and Amazon to get a series x now. Also the last time walmart restocked the series x in the US the console went out of stock in less than a minute.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#105  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1182 Posts

Xbox Series X was in stock in Canada 2-3 weeks ago at Bestbuy. If I remember correctly it wasn’t stores absolutely close to me though. It took 18 minutes to sell out because people weren’t expecting the time it came in stock 12pm. I think it was order online and pickup in store only.

For the last 8 months, I’ve gotten up at 12am pacific time to see if a console would be in stock, because that is when Bestbuy refreshes their inventory online. 2 weeks ago I got my PS5 as it came in stock around 12:10pm.

I may have gotten lucky. But the key is to check Bestbuy online around 12 to 12:20am. And check Bestbuy online in the morning, 10am and 12 to 12:20pm. Also try around 3 or 4pm I would think. There is a good chance I got lucky though.

As soon as I saw the Xbox Series X become available I figured a PS5 shipment wouldn’t be far behind and I was right. 1-2 days later a PS5 shipment arrived.

—————————

I don’t think Bestbuy Canada has a queue system.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

This is a regular scene now here in Michigan. The only next gen console to actually hit store shelves (X and PS5 have been online only) and they're always available. The console is very capable. I'm glad I own mine! But this doesn't look good

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

For what? I have mine, and it's barely had anything worth a **** to play outside of Returnal.

Ratchet was fine, for the umpteenth ratchet game. Demon's Souls is a remake of an old ass Souls game, most of my playtime with the machine has been PS4 shit I didn't get around to yet.

The framerate boost is much apprecaited, as someone who dislikes bum ass 30 frames, but I could have easily not purchased my PS5 and would not have given a shit. Returnal aside of course,.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7284 Posts

What annoys me is even the pre order bundles are garbage. Every bundle includes cod which I do not want.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46598 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

For what? I have mine, and it's barely had anything worth a **** to play outside of Returnal.

Ratchet was fine, for the umpteenth ratchet game. Demon's Souls is a remake of an old ass Souls game, most of my playtime with the machine has been PS4 shit I didn't get around to yet.

The framerate boost is much apprecaited, as someone who dislikes bum ass 30 frames, but I could have easily not purchased my PS5 and would not have given a shit. Returnal aside of course,.

This seems to be the general concensus:

Everyone who doesn't have a PS5, is sad they couldn't get one. And the only way to get one is paying ludicrous scalper prices.

And everyone who has one is spitting the same story: that this launch (like every launch before it) is lacklustre, it's just previous gen games at 4K and/or 60fps, and there aren't enough exclusives / worthwhile megatons at the moment.

What did you think of Returnal?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#110 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

So.. why did you get a PS5? I find it weird when people buy hardware that doesn't have software they want. Unless they're gonna resell the thing of course.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56359 Posts
@Litchie said:
@jg4xchamp said:

So.. why did you get a PS5? I find it weird when people buy hardware that doesn't have software they want. Unless they're gonna resell the thing of course.

PS5 situation is nothing like what PS4 went through. While PS4 had a slow start, it did had some really good games to play such as Resogun, Killzone: Shadowfall, (Shadowfall was forgettable) and later on, we got Infamous: Second Son. Some gamers thought this would be the same with PS5 but looking at it now, that WOW factor isn't their with PS5. I too almost fell for the hype but glad I held back on getting PS5 day one and when it comes to games I wanna play so badly, I'll just play'em on PC but the PS5 exclusives like Returnal and Ratchet & Clank; Rift Apart I do want to play but I can wait a year or two to buy PS5. Plus, with Sony now porting games on PC, chances of me buying PS5 is looking slim.

But like Champ said, playing games in 60fps is a nice bonus in that regard but not enough for me to warrant a purchase...yet. Nothing wrong buying hardware day one if you know what to expect.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45408 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Litchie said:
@jg4xchamp said:

PS5 situation is nothing like what PS4 went through. While PS4 had a slow start, it did had some really good games to play such as Resogun, Killzone: Shadowfall, (Shadowfall was forgettable) and later on, we got Infamous: Second Son. Some gamers thought this would be the same with PS5 but looking at it now, that WOW factor isn't their with PS5. I too almost fell for the hype but glad I held back on getting PS5 day one and when it comes to games I wanna play so badly, I'll just play'em on PC but the PS5 exclusives like Returnal and Ratchet & Clank; Rift Apart I do want to play but I can wait a year or two to buy PS5. Plus, with Sony now porting games on PC, chances of me buying PS5 is looking slim.

But like Champ said, playing games in 60fps is a nice bonus in that regard but not enough for me to warrant a purchase...yet. Nothing wrong buying hardware day one if you know what to expect.

I'll take the PS5 launch over the PS4 launch any day. Shadowfall was a huge disappointment and Second Son and Resogun were short lived experiences. The PS5 has great hardware, and as much as people want to keep ragging on Demon Soul's being a remake, it's a remake of an amazing game. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is the best game in the series IMO and Returnal is incredible. Also want to give a nod to Astro's Playroom which came for free on the system. Not to mention being able to play multiplats on much better hardware and that DualSense controller!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56359 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Fair enough I supposed. PS5 in this shortage of silicon's is really hurting not just PS5, but other newer hardware that depends on it. If you are really loving PS5 so far, more power to you SolidGame😊

I just hope the silicon shortage gets resolve quickly.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

If only these fellows had a PC, they'd quickly realize what a waste of exertion this is.

Sadly some opt to remain delusional.

you do realize with the price of GPUs it would take more then double the price of a series x or PS5 to have even close to the amount of ability the consoles have. PC gaming was cheaper at a time where it was only slightly more to be better then the consoles which was made up quickly with the lack of fees and sales on games. Now with the GPU shortage and bitcoin farmers PC gamins is way too expensive for many to jump into. Not to mention leaving all your friends behind who you've gamed with for years and having split consoles for older games and newer games. Plus having to adjust to using a KB/M or being at a disadvantage by using a controller which you have to buy separately. I think you are being a bit delusional here

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#115 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

@fedor said:

That's unfortunate for those looking for a PS5. Fortunately for me I was able to grab a 3080 before the consoles launched and quickly realized how unnecessary it is to waste time pursuing a console.

Same.

Feels good man.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@jg4xchamp: stop crying and sell your PS5 if it doesn't please you.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@jg4xchamp: stop crying and sell your PS5 if it doesn't please you.

I think the only one crying seems to be you...in every thread. I heard sharing can be cleansing and therapeutic so why don't you tell us what the big bad Xbox fan did to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-611edca0d6021

I see I have a new fan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I don’t see why the demand is so great. The PS5 U.I. Sucks, games cost $70, upgrades are not free and the most important thing…. No Games. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#121 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70250 Posts

@kingtito said:

I think the only one crying seems to be you...in every thread. I heard sharing can be cleansing and therapeutic so why don't you tell us what the big bad Xbox fan did to you.

I take full credit for his tears. 😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Another drop tonight at 9 PM ET. Y’all are running out of excuses…