Halo Infinite or DOOM Eternal - which is the better game?

• 110 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SolidGame_basic

Poll Halo Infinite or DOOM Eternal - which is the better game? (87 votes)

Halo Infinite 60%
DOOM Eternal 40%

I would say Halo's multi-player puts it up top. DOOM Eternal also felt spammy to me where Halo's feels more tactical. What so you think, SW? Halo Infinite or DOOM Eternal - which is the better game?

• 
Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#51 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

Doom Eternal for sure, It launched as a full experience with everything fans wanted.

Infinite is good at it's core, but it's bare bones on release and gamers need to stop putting up with unfinished releases

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Halo and as usual it's not even close.

TC, I hope your next thread is; TES or Unfarted, which is better. ;o

G'head lol :P

Not even the same genre bro, not even the same genre.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:

Halo and as usual it's not even close.

TC, I hope your next thread is; TES or Unfarted, which is better. ;o

G'head lol :P

Not even the same genre bro, not even the same genre.

Never stopped you in the past. ;o

lol :P

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I’ve not finished Halo Infinite yet, but Halo is a better game. The action in Doom Eternal is sublime, truly great but is lacking in all other aspects.

Halo is a far more complete package with various styles of play, close up and distant combat, land and air vehicles, proper sniping and a proper story.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

I've not played Eternal. I need to check it out. But Infinite is smooth, polished and a lot of fun.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

Easily Halo Infinite. Even though it almost ran into the same annoyance as Doom Eternal.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

haven't played doom, its one of those games on my list that I need to get to. But there aren't that many fps games ive played that are better than halo infinite in mechanics, strategy, challenge, visuals and overall fun. The campaign is also excellent, and If I could compare it to anything, it gives me a bad company 2 kind of vibe. The biggest weakness of halo infinite is the story line (again). 343 needs to hire someone that can actually write a damn script that makes sense fucks sake.

Jesus! You're actually admitting that its bad? That is a start.

And how exactly is comparing it to BC2 campaign a positive? The actual gameplay in a BC2 singleplayer was garbage, but because BF camapaigns were as shitty as it gets in an fps, some people on copium were telling themselves that it had a good campaign (BC1 campaign was better btw, and that is not saying that it was actually good compared to a proper fps). Campaign was trash. Hearing a few jokes from the crew was the only decent thing on it, but that's no gameplay, and you don't need to suffer through a shitty campaign to hear em, just watch them on youtube or something.

right I forgot your trash gaming tastes. The fact that you hate on the re series, but hype up the tlou2. Of course you would hate on BC2, because you literally have no taste. I played through and beat that games campaign 4 times. I enjoyed it too, otherwise I wouldn't have beaten it 4 times lol. I didn't touch the multiplayer portion either...I don't play fps games online on the pc, its not my thing. Battlefield 3 campaign was also decent enough, but a backslide compared to bc2. I didn't even beat battlefield 4 campaign yet.

also when did I ever say halo had a good story? I said it a bunch of times, nobody really understands what the heck its about. I even went over the gamespot feature article about halos story, and I left confused.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#58 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

Halo is infinitely better.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

If i was iD, i would be offended by this comparison. Eternal is arguably (if you disagree, that's fine, you're just wrong) the best fps that we've seen in five plus years. Infinite feels like a game that began development about 15 years ago, got canned, and then released in 2021 for some unknown reason. Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever were equally as outdated for their release dates, and that, that demands some time for our fellow lems to let it sink in. If this is their 10 years plan 🙄

Halo scored better, hater.

Plus, judging by your complaints, I don't think you have even played Halo Infinite and are quite biased against it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

Infinite feels like a game that began development about 15 years ago, got canned, and then released in 2021 for some unknown reason.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39698 Posts

Looks like lems were serverly triggered by facts, but they're still voting for an unfinished game🤣

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44542 Posts

@x_hedon: Very appropriate gif, very appropriate indeed. 😅

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dabear

@hardwenzen said:

Looks like lems were serverly triggered by facts, but they're still voting for an unfinished game🤣

IDK about "unfinished", but it sure is funny to watch someone bash a game that they have never played...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

IDK about "unfinished", but it sure is funny to watch someone bash a game that they have never played...

Like playing it will make any difference. Will the garbo story change because i have played the game? Will they add coop because i am playing the game? Will they discover something called Shadows to make the game less washed out because i am playing the game? This is public knowledge, you don't have to play the game to know what the game is failing at. You really don't want me to play the game because i'll take a bunch of pictures of the assets used, and expose its incredibly ugly visuals.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Definitely DOOM Eternal. I think Halo Infinite as a whole is ok. I have some fun with its multiplayer, but the story mode is very boring to me. I couldn't even care to do too much of the conquering of bases once I got to that point before I deleted it from Gamepass.

Whereas Eternal pretty much rocks all the way through. Story is stupid/silly, but the gameplay keeps you on your toes and all the banging music and moving around dodging shit and hookshotting to demons and blasting them in the face with my super shotgun. So much fun!

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Like playing it will make any difference. Will the garbo story change because i have played the game? Will they add coop because i am playing the game? Will they discover something called Shadows to make the game less washed out because i am playing the game? This is public knowledge, you don't have to play the game to know what the game is failing at. You really don't want me to play the game because i'll take a bunch of pictures of the assets used, and expose its incredibly ugly visuals.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

You wouldn't make weak comments like "the grapple hook doesn't add anything to the game", or the constant b*tching about the visuals.

You are making comments out of ignorance, and making yourself look worse every day.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

So you’ve not played it then?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Doom Eternal is not good game at all. I bought on BF sale for $15 or so, but the game isn't fun. I spent 2 hours playing over 4-5 sessions because it gets stale after half an hour.

Halo: Infinite surely has to be the better game.

This is why Conan n I dunk on you souls dorks, yah play a real video game with more than 2 mechanics and yah can't deal. Absolute scrubs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen  Online

@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Outside of the beta, no.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@hardwenzen: What beta? You mean the mp beta? Lol….. yup, go ahead and judge a single player game on an mp beta.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Outside of the beta, no.

You should. It’s fun as hell.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 hardwenzen  Online

@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Outside of the beta, no.

You should. It’s fun as hell.

Of course i will. I haven't watched any reviews because of that. But i can't do so before i find a gpu for my pc, and its impossible to buy in Canada.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 sealionact

@hardwenzen: You haven’t played the game and you haven’t watched any reviews.

Remind me again…what is all the hate based on?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You haven’t played the game and you haven’t watched any reviews.

Remind me again…what is all the hate based on?

Because we're in 2021, and information is everywhere. Not sure where you were going with this one.

I really need to play the game to see how ugly the assets are and how washed out the game is🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️I also need to play the game for at least 50 hours to criticize its childish dialogue.

You're trying way to hard to discredit my criticism, knowing damn well that everything i am saying is true, and only fanboy goggles will help you ignore the issues.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Ok….I’ll bite. Where did you get information from that made you hate the game so much? Honestly, I haven’t seen a negative score, nor any review slating the visuals anything near as much as you do - without even playing the game.

Halo looks like Halo. This is the best looking halo yet - and that’s to be expected. Still, Halo was about gameplay - not graphical details.

I mean….post what you want, but when people are playing - and enjoying - the game, it just makes you look weirder when they know you haven’t played the game, nor read any reviews and you’re hung up on things like sparks…..and moaning about shadows, when there are shadows.

Bizarre.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Ok….I’ll bite. Where did you get information from that made you hate the game so much? Honestly, I haven’t seen a negative score, nor any review slating the visuals anything near as much as you do - without even playing the game.

Halo looks like Halo. This is the best looking halo yet - and that’s to be expected. Still, Halo was about gameplay - not graphical details.

I mean….post what you want, but when people are playing - and enjoying - the game, it just makes you look weirder when they know you haven’t played the game, nor read any reviews and you’re hung up on things like sparks…..and moaning about shadows, when there are shadows.

Bizarre.

Oh nooooooo! i am gonna stop criticizing what i dislike seeing and hearing because it makes me look weird. Lets see how i care🤦‍♂️

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Not much I guess, but then what’s the point of posting here if you don’t want to talk…kinda asked you a question there bud.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pedro

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Infinite feels like a game that began development about 15 years ago, got canned, and then released in 2021 for some unknown reason.

A waste of a boombox.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

A waste of a boombox.

It was a cheap RCA purchased from Walmart. I actually tried to sell it after receiving it in my mouth, but nobody wants to buy it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

It was a cheap RCA purchased from Walmart. I actually tried to sell it after receiving it in my mouth, but nobody wants to buy it.

Well it hit you, thus the value plummeted. 😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Well it hit you, thus the value plummeted. 😎

Do you want to buy it? $7. Please let me know.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pedro

@hardwenzen: I am good. I can use that money to fund the Elden Ring Visual Improvement Project, also known as ER-VIP. 😊

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:

@hardwenzen: I am good. I can use that money to fund the Elden Ring Visual Improvement Project, also known as ER-VIP. 😊

Don't bother spending a cent for the Visual Imprevement Project. Fromsoft have never heard of good visuals, they don't know what it means. Instead, i would suggest you to invest in Ubisoft NFT's.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pedro

@hardwenzen: 😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Looks like the people have spoken. Sorry,@ghosts4ever

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Doom Eternal doesn't understand why people ever liked Doom in the first place.

This is Doom: me big guy with guns, will kill stuff just over there, and there.

Doom Eternal: let's throw in a few gimmicks to be fake modern and totally destroy what people liked about Doom. Let's f*** about with the ammo types too and make it really boring and annoying for people who just want to shoot stuff in the face.

Halo Infinite at least knows what it's always been good at. No surprises, no major innovations (come on Lems tell me Halo Infinite invented grapple hook lolz) and it at least has some kind of explanation for why you're doing what you do.

Doom Eternal is pretty much the end of Doom. I don't see how they can go back to basics after this since they have totally f***** the basics up i.e. what we all loved about Doom in the first place.

Ghost will still pretend to love it even if the next Doom has water pistols instead of guns and you have to do important paperboy delivery missions in between squirting water at stuff but I like to think the rest of us have higher standards.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro

@blueinheaven: Doom Eternal was major chore for me and I have no interest if the sequel follows the same formula.

Halo Infinite needed the grapple hook for it was a game changer for Halo.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 blueinheaven

@Pedro said:

@blueinheaven: Doom Eternal was major chore for me and I have no interest if the sequel follows the same formula.

Halo Infinite needed the grapple hook for it was a game changer for Halo.

I don't really care about the grapple hook to be honest I haven't had time to look too much into Halo Infinite yet but it's still Halo to me from what I've played so far and that's enough information for me to know I will like it.

Doom Eternal, I had the same problems just couldn't rouse up any enthusiasm for it I dropped it after a couple of hours. It's basically Doom's version of Halo 5, completely missing the point of why people like the other games.

Infinite feels like Halo to me and that's all I really wanted.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@blueinheaven: So legit gameplay gets tossed at you and you get scared and run...noted.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

@vfighter: meh I beat the main campaign and feel similar.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game..

But I'm not a fan of glory hole kills. This new mechanic is ingrained now where other mechanics are built around it. It feels off for me. I love the shooting in the game and the movement and the art style. But the glory kill rotation mixed in with the new ways to get armor and health don't feel like traditional doom or arena shooters I grew up with.

Having demons glow orange to then walk up press one button to then watch an animation of you rip them up while waiting on health to come out... Mehhh

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@x_hedon: finally, you shut him up...no wait he's still going on and on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Calm down, i didn't go anywhere. Just camping in a bush waiting for an opportunity to pounce on a sheep or a lemming.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

both games are amazing but i prefer halo infinite

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Who said it was difficult? I said the game was bad (which it is), not that it was hard. I eat scrubs like you for breakfast.

But simple minds like yours are impressed with the doing the same basic shit over and over again. its fun ripping someone in half for about 20 minutes.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Litchie: I enjoy FPS games and I should enjoy Doom Eternal. However I don't. its been 4 weeks now and I still only have 2 hours played. It's a chore to play the game. I play on the difficulty that is below Ultra Nightmare.

Doom just gets extremely stale very quickly.

it feels exactly the same as Doom 2016 which just feels like you're doing the same encounters again and again. I completed that game in about 16 hours on second highest difficulty but I had to break it into 30-45 minute sessions to not get bored of constantly doing the same thing.

It feels like a Zombies/horde mode.

The music is excellent and graphics even on PS5 is great. I guess the main selling point of Doom Eternal is having an RTX 3090 and playing it in 4K/120+ fps with fully ray-traced Ultra graphics.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#96  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Litchie: I enjoy FPS games and I should enjoy Doom Eternal. However I don't. its been 4 weeks now and I still only have 2 hours played. It's a chore to play the game. I play on the difficulty that is below Ultra Nightmare.

Doom just gets extremely stale very quickly.

it feels exactly the same as Doom 2016 which just feels like you're doing the same encounters again and again. I completed that game in about 16 hours on second highest difficulty but I had to break it into 30-45 minute sessions to not get bored of constantly doing the same thing.

It feels like a Zombies/horde mode.

The music is excellent and graphics even on PS5 is great. I guess the main selling point of Doom Eternal is having an RTX 3090 and playing it in 4K/120+ fps with fully ray-traced Ultra graphics.

Gotcha. Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the arena gameplay either. As I said, it's like an FPS version of hack'n'slash, a genre I don't really enjoy. In the older DOOMs, you were adventuring more, solving puzzles, finding secrets and jumpscares and shit. This takes a backseat in the newer DOOMs where they're more interested in throwing hundreds of demons in your face in closed arenas all the time. One of my complaints with 2016 and Eternal.

I also think there's too much crap in them. Don't like that you have so many upgrades for your weapons and shit. It makes replaying the games a chore, when you have to go get the same secrets and shit to get upgrade points for your equipment. It's rather lame, and doesn't feel like DOOM.

Also don't like the amount of story it has, when the story sucks so much balls.

That said, still love the games and find them great fun. They're just not the DOOMs I personally wanted them to be.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Just camping in a bush

Try Manscape 3.0.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 blueinheaven

@vfighter said:

@blueinheaven: So legit gameplay gets tossed at you and you get scared and run...noted.

Legit gameplay WTF are you even talking about? lol. Doom 2016 had legit gameplay. Eternal makes changes just for the sake of saying 'look it's definitely different now' and it's all stuff that's ripped off from a dozen FPS games over the last few years.

Just about every game I play is infinitely more complex in every way imaginable (Doom is an FPS I'm wondering now if you've even played it) so what is it you think I'm scared of? Nothing to be scared of apart from just getting bored. I'm not saying Eternal is a bad game it's just pretty average compared to the 2016 version and it just doesn't need all the new mechanics (IMO) and Infinite is just a far better bet if you want to play a good FPS.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#99 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@vfighter said:

Legit gameplay WTF are you even talking about? lol. Doom 2016 had legit gameplay. Eternal makes changes just for the sake of saying 'look it's definitely different now' and it's all stuff that's ripped off from a dozen FPS games over the last few years.

Just about every game I play is infinitely more complex in every way imaginable (Doom is an FPS I'm wondering now if you've even played it) so what is it you think I'm scared of? Nothing to be scared of apart from just getting bored. I'm not saying Eternal is a bad game it's just pretty average compared to the 2016 version and it just doesn't need all the new mechanics (IMO) and Infinite is just a far better bet if you want to play a good FPS.

going back to 2016 after Eternal is not feel right and although 2016 done atmosphere better. Eternal done gameplay loop better. its more challenging, more faster with dash, more demons at same time. more fun.

and LOL infinite being better FPS. its incredibly slow paced, having same avg gunplay of 20 year old Halo, but now ith ubisoft like open world. its not better FPS. not in any shape or form.

Eternal annihilate Infinite.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 blueinheaven

@ghosts4ever said:
@blueinheaven said:
@vfighter said:

going back to 2016 after Eternal is not feel right and although 2016 done atmosphere better. Eternal done gameplay loop better. its more challenging, more faster with dash, more demons at same time. more fun.

and LOL infinite being better FPS. its incredibly slow paced, having same avg gunplay of 20 year old Halo, but now ith ubisoft like open world. its not better FPS. not in any shape or form.

Eternal annihilate Infinite.

Thank God you disagree with me, I'd feel a right idiot if we shared an opinion on anything.

2016 was a Doom game. Eternal is a 'me too' FPS that copies other games in the genre hoping to freshen things up when it never needed it. Of course you will say you loved it, it's one of only three franchises that you've ever played. If they put a mini golf game on every level in Doom and changed the guns to tennis racquets you'd applaud the innovation that's why you're a laughing stock on here.

Infinite is not incredibly slow paced, yes it has FPS gunplay just like Doom so Eternal is now average in your opinion? Oh and it does not have a Ubisoft style open world either. Right there I have proved you haven't even played Infinite and probably never will.

Go back to Metro Exodus and enjoy fake Russian accents, average gunplay, dreadful dialogue and story and an incredibly boring open world. The rest of us have much, much better games to play.