Is Switch better than PC for most games?

• 97 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@jasonofa36: Cyberflunk 2077 so you're playing a different kind of turd simulator, but, but ray tracing 🤣🤣🤣

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

yes

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@jasonofa36: Cyberflunk 2077 so you're playing a different kind of turd simulator, but, but ray tracing 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, and I play a ton more, not just Cyberpunk. Kinda sad you only play shit games 'cause Xbox doesn't even have the good ones. I'm actually sad that console players like you can't experience 100+ FPS at max settings.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44632 Posts

Portability is nice, but I haven't taken public transit since Covid started so I haven't done any of that in a long time, and thus no need to play my Switch when I am at home when I got my Xbox. Got a gaming laptop recently and I use my gaming TV to watch movies while I play my Game Pass PC and UWP games on my laptop. Use to do this with Wii U though too so no reason someone can't threat Switch same way, I just don't right now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jasonofa36: Geez man save your spiel for some newbie schmuck who's willing to listen to it.

We both know that console and PC share about 90% of the same games. If your PC can play it at a higher framerate doesn't all of a sudden make my version unplayable, it just makes you out to be some tryhard elitest arsehole, congrats 🤣🤣🤣

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JasonOfA36

@i_p_daily said:

@jasonofa36: Geez man save your spiel for some newbie schmuck who's willing to listen to it.

We both know that console and PC share about 90% of the same games. If your PC can play it at a higher framerate doesn't all of a sudden make my version unplayable, it just makes you out to be some tryhard elitest arsehole, congrats 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, I'm giving consoles shit for still sticking to 30 FPS. 30 FPS should die. Thank you and come again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jasonofa36: You act like 30fps is unplayable, you also act like all games on console are 30fps.

You just come across as having one of those "im better than everybody else complexes" it usually stems from rejection, hopefully you cheer up soon buddy 🙂

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JasonOfA36

@i_p_daily: ROFL, rejection. Says the guy who's playing on the last place machine called xbox. Yes, 30 FPS is unplayable. You need to pump those numbers up. Even 60 FPS is getting left behind in a world of 144+ FPS gaming.

DrSerigala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 DrSerigala
Member since 2018 • 208 Posts

Noooooooooooo

Another insecurity thread from OP

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Obviously

TBH though there are some cases in which I would prefer Switch over PC for only some kind of games. Like for example if Fire Emblem were to be available on both Switch and PC I would still pick the Switch version purely for the portability which (to me anyways) would make the gameplay experience feel better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jasonofa36 said:

@i_p_daily: ROFL, rejection. Says the guy who's playing on the last place machine called xbox. Yes, 30 FPS is unplayable. You need to pump those numbers up. Even 60 FPS is getting left behind in a world of 144+ FPS gaming.

Simple fact is 30fps is playable, prove that its not.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JasonOfA36
Loading Video...

@i_p_daily:

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@i_p_daily said:

Lets be honest here, the only thing PC beats in the gaming department is mobile phones, everything else is miles better.

A good PC destroys everything in performance and makes Xbox obsolete because you can play all of Xbox's 6/10 games on it.

Stop trying to be a hermit as you're not, you've been shitting on PC your entire existence here, now you've flip flopped, you're a joke man.

You're so mad over this lol. I would be too if I wasted over 150 hours of my life playing Ass Creed Valhalla. I know you're upset that you couldn't play the actual good game with an axe (God of War) because you couldn't afford a Sony console. Now you're on here getting mad over what platform other gamers play multiplats on because you can't handle that most people play better looking versions than you. You remind me of those cancel culture snowflakes because you get mad and cry when everyone isn't just like you.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Better is a weird blanket statement. Better if you just want to play games on the go? most likely. Better if you cannot afford a decent PC? Maybe. Better if you own a huge TV you want to game on without hooking up your PC to your TV? Maybe. Better for anything else? Not even close.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

When cows can't use their own platform against PC they have to hide behind their competitors'. What's worse that the same argument can be made against his favorite toy. But we all know how insecure he is.

I hope for his sake Sony won't announce anymore first party games coming to PC or he will have to jump from the cliff.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@pc_rocks: How is TC a cow if they're talking about the Switch? 🤨

You people are obsessed with alts and sony fanboys. This isn't healthy.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts

PC is more powerful, but i get where TC is coming from. My PC is great but there are some games im just not going to get on my PC but instead on switch.

Anything from past gens for the most part i prefer on switch for portability.

Most turn based RPG's i prefer on switch. Octopath for example.. yeah not going to sit at my desk and play that, but its a great game for the switch in portable. (I've always preferred these games in hand held.)

Persona 4 golden recently was ported to the PC... im holding out for a switch port because I'm not going to play that game on PC, forget about it.

All indie/arcade games i prefer on switch.

Dead Cells, my friend pedro, undertale, shovel knight, hollow knight, Binding of issac, hades, demons tilt, ollieollie, I'm getting that on the switch and not on PC.

I already have THPS remaster on ps4 but ill end up double dipping for the switch version for portable, no reason to get it on PC.

I'm a huge fan of ninja gaiden and the new remaster... i already own the games for xbox but if i get this collection... its a toss up between switch or PS4. Any past gen game the sacrifice for graphics on switch is minimal.

Anything graphics heavy is always going to be better on PC, also FPS in general is just better on PC. Like i have 0 interest in apex legends on switch... waste of time even entertaining it. Also RTS always will be superior on PC. That has more to do with KB/M than anything.

People act like portable is only useful for going outside the house but ive hardly taken my switch anywhere. I play portable 80% of the time and its usually before bed while watching stuff on TV or chilling on the couch while the lady is watching something on TV.

The people playing 100+ hour RPGS on PC are sociopaths.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45330 Posts

@sargentd: I too want to get Tony Hawk on Switch as well! Would be cool if it was cross save. Hopefully it doesn't get too downgraded. Same with Crash 4.

I just picked up Trine Collection for Switch for $15. Performance isn't the best, but 4 games for $15 is ok in my book lol.

Oh, and Persona 4 Golden on Switch would be great!

@wonderwinner said:

@pc_rocks: How is TC a cow if they're talking about the Switch? 🤨

You people are obsessed with alts and sony fanboys. This isn't healthy.

Lol, exactly.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: you watch tv while playing videogames?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SolidGame_basic  Online

@xantufrog: lol, not all the time, but it comes in handy when I'm chillin on the couch and want to play some Switch while listening haha.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: You're becoming more sheep than a cow. This needs to stop.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I'm afraid it's too late for our friend Solid. He's been brainwashed by Protoss/Floyd sheep propaganda. I'll pour one out for him

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 xantufrog  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic: I was gonna say, that's some hardcore media consumption

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SolidGame_basic  Online
@xantufrog said:

@SolidGame_basic: I was gonna say, that's some hardcore media consumption

Lol. Like most people, I think trying to find time to do it all is pretty limited 😄

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'm afraid it's too late for our friend Solid. He's been brainwashed by Protoss/Floyd sheep propaganda. I'll pour one out for him

Rest assured, Sony is still number 1 in my heart!! But damn, can't deny how great the Switch is lol.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

What a dumbass thread. Notice you're not calling out the PS5.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts

It's not April yet, save the April Fool's jokes for then.

@MirkoS77 said:

If you’re using portability as a determinant, then.....yeah?

Otherwise, PC smokes Switch in every possible metric.

Meh, sort of. Laptop is portable...yeah I know it's bigger than a Switch but honestly for how much more you gain from it I'd rather carry it around in a bag or backpack.

Besides, can a switch and joycons comfortable fit in your pocket? Generally not the case, gotta carry it around. Switch might be lighter than a laptop but I don't think it's really any more portable.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17679 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

It's not April yet, save the April Fool's jokes for then.

@MirkoS77 said:

If you’re using portability as a determinant, then.....yeah?

Otherwise, PC smokes Switch in every possible metric.

Meh, sort of. Laptop is portable...yeah I know it's bigger than a Switch but honestly for how much more you gain from it I'd rather carry it around in a bag or backpack.

Besides, can a switch and joycons comfortable fit in your pocket? Generally not the case, gotta carry it around. Switch might be lighter than a laptop but I don't think it's really any more portable.

A Switch isn't only smaller, it's formfactor is much more conducive to portability. Generally, for gaming on a laptop, you need a place to settle it on, a power brick is expected (for anything past the most miserable of performance at least), and extra accessories are needed that are integrated into Nintendo's hardware (controller).

It's still a hassle to game on comparatively in not only finding a proper place for it, but setting it up, and I say this from someone who owns and uses a laptop as my mainstay (Razer 15 Advanced 2021, which is pretty small).

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Nope. If I'm out, I'm doing other things. I only play games at home; and for that, I use a monitor/TV.

When I was a kid and didn't have to drive and didn't have responsibilities, sure portability was cool, but as an adult, portability just doesn't make sense. For that, only a laptop comes in handy with working.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#79 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 363 Posts

Um, you feeling okay?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 xantufrog  Moderator

@MirkoS77: I agree - I'm a "PC guy" but the Switch is definitely a better way for me to game portably than a laptop, unless of course a) the game isn't supported or b) you're really using a solid gaming laptop as a "convenient" way to bring a desktop-ish experience from point A to B without actually schlepping everything.

I would also note that if you aren't gaming on an actual gaming laptop, the Switch is surprisingly competitive in terms of visuals and performance. My 8 series i7 powered ultraportable is actually a surprisingly strong machine for CPU tasks (Matlab stuff, etc) but is basically a trash way to play 3D games - 3D games that run ok on the Switch and its little screen crash and burn on the laptop and look like total ass because laptop screens can't rescale resolutions worth a damn ... and they NEED to in order to support playable framerates. You ever play a 720p game on a 1080+ laptop monitor? Vomit mountain, and that's before you realize the framerate still sucks. The Switch knows it's humble and games are built around its horsepower (usually, with some hilariously bad exceptions of course)

TLDR: if you want to talk about gaming other than retrogaming (which IS a good use - I play DOS and early Win 9x games all the time on my ultraportable), you'd better have a proper gaming laptop to enjoy portability as a PC gamer. Otherwise - yeah, I'm choosing Switch for that purpose

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#81 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I know what the Switch is good at, cost. Just add up those Switch games and console, way more than a rig.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22841 Posts

I would play every game on switch over any other console of platform.

Portability rules. Been saying this for years.... Bu Bu Bu teh 4k!!! Pshhh...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

When people say they like the portability aspect are they referring to gaming on the go or just being able to bring the device wherever? Kinda amazes me how many people seem to love portability. I can never game on the go. Then again I’m either walking or driving, rarely a passenger. I gotta game in my sanctuary.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44363 Posts

@SOedipus: To me portability is just being able to game on something wherever and whenever. I’ve had numerous portable systems but never really took them outside all that much. Definitely nice to game on the Gameboy while on a long road trip or whatever. These days though it’s mainly just to game while the tv is being used for something else.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 xantufrog  Moderator

@SOedipus: for me it's not about on-the-go. Like you, I'm pretty much never able to actually do that. Occasional plane flight, sure. But not commuting, and I'm not going to go camping and bring a fucking videogame console with me.

But yeah - the bed, the patio with a cold beer, or on the sofa while my wife is watching something on the TV. It's really handy

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

Uh no not even a comparison a PC is significantly better than the switch in almost all conceivable ways, has a significantly better game library, provides a much better gaming experience (flexibility of control methods, graphics quality, frame rate, loading times, and more) and simply put Switch is an inferior way to play games. Now, if portability is your main goal, then sure it is better, but even then given covid when would you need that functionality (tbh in my view even before covid, outside of a flight, seems kind of odd to be outside playing a video game...). Even then though, you want to play game while watching TV? You can wirelessly stream your PC library to your Android phone (not perfect but if done right very good). A smartphone also has a significantly better display than the low rez, and (imo) low quality LCD display of a switch.

If you can not affordany other game system (or only one game system), switchis literally the worstone to get as it lacks games and has a tiny library. It is great as a secondaryconsole/handheld, but not as a primary.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Random_Matt said:

I know what the Switch is good at, cost. Just add up those Switch games and console, way more than a rig.

Switch games keep their value, unless you're talking digital of course. But for physical, I always get good money for my Switch games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#88 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59207 Posts

From my experience the third party games were price hiked to the point of contemporary pricing, in some cases higher than the release price on PC, and obviously not to the same quality.

The Nintendo eshop is basically a place for Publishers to actively take the piss out of people

And gamers being gamers, they buy any old shit without really thinking.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#89 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Not really but if I had a handheld gaming PC, I'd spend most of my time on that. I don't have the money for those. More like I don't want to spend premium for that yet.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1906 Posts

Switch has better exclusives imo, however it's much better to play third party multiplates on other systems.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56285 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@SolidGame_basic: you watch tv while playing videogames?

Whenever ads come on TV, I just play my Switch until the program is back. Another reason why I always use the handheld mode and why I like the Switch😉

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Absolutely. PC is just for other shady things.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

The only thing the Switch is good for is the exclusive games and 2D indie games... The moment you get a game that isn't either of those two, you are immediately aware that you a playing on a SUBSTANTIONALLY underpowered machine for 2021.

Playing Apex at 720p 30FPS is NOT great... Its not even a GOOD gaming standard for 2016 for a FPS let alone 2021.

The Switch Pro or 2 couldn't come sooner IMHO.

I love my Switch but its trash hardware full stop and no one will defend that except a fanboy.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I prefer it for indies. Rayman Legends and Dark Souls 1 are both solid on it. Every other multi plat I'd rather play on something stronger.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

None of the game currently out on Switch (even Nintendo ones) will get an upgrade.

This isn't like PS4 pro or Xbox where Sony/MS offer free upgrades for existing games.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

None of the game currently out on Switch (even Nintendo ones) will get an upgrade.

This isn't like PS4 pro or Xbox where Sony/MS offer free upgrades for existing games.

The games are running on dynamic resolution and have bad framerates will run better and run at higher resolutions... 1080p docked and 720p native handheld, you won't need a upgrade for that.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

I find myself playing more games on my laptop than anything else lately. Not sure I'd want to always hold the screen for games. Use the laptop in bed so its convenient. Don't think I'll ever go to a tower PC again. I hate sitting at desks for anything, especially gaming.