BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

I mean, Xbox only "won" E3 because Sony doesn't have E3 shows anymore. They're practically having competitions with themselves. It's still all hype until the games show up

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

@st_monica said:

FH5 was chosen by a few media outlets such as IGN and GS, not the general public. In other words, a small number of journalists, even more limited than SW, chose it regardless of public expectations.

But anyway, don't lems feel uncomfortable with those journalists expecting this annual racer higher than Halo or Starfield?

No, not at all. Why? Because of the pedigree. Every single Forza Horizon game to date has been simply excellent. Halo has had some mediocre entries. Starfield is an unknown quantity. But Forza Horizon? We already know it's going to be excellent, as sure as the sun will rise in the morning.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#53 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 15961 Posts

Most anticipated E3 game does jack shit. Those journalist back then gave Evolve the awards. Those journalist the ones out of touch with general gamer opinions and trends.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Most anticipated E3 game does jack shit. Those journalist back then gave Evolve the awards. Those journalist the ones out of touch with general gamer opinions and trends.

omg I rememeber that and then everyone was like 4on1 was going to be the new beast and fable did 4on1 and got canceled after evolve died.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

@UnnDunn said:
@st_monica said:

FH5 was chosen by a few media outlets such as IGN and GS, not the general public. In other words, a small number of journalists, even more limited than SW, chose it regardless of public expectations.

But anyway, don't lems feel uncomfortable with those journalists expecting this annual racer higher than Halo or Starfield?

No, not at all. Why? Because of the pedigree. Every single Forza Horizon game to date has been simply excellent. Halo has had some mediocre entries. Starfield is an unknown quantity. But Forza Horizon? We already know it's going to be excellent, as sure as the sun will rise in the morning.

Well, I myself don't expect Halo Infinite or Starfield to be a good game at all, but I've seen quite a few Xbox fanboys who have unrealistically high expectations for them. So I wondered if they were dissatisfied with FH5 being the most anticipated games by some journalists.

Sure, 343i has made Halo a mediocre shooter, and the developer who made a broken mess like FO76 probably won't be able to make a decent game.

So, as you say, FH5 may be a reasonable choice if you focus on pedigree.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@st_monica said:

Well, I myself don't expect Halo Infinite or Starfield to be a good game at all, but I've seen quite a few Xbox fanboys who have unrealistically high expectations for them. So I wondered if they were dissatisfied with FH5 being the most anticipated games by some journalists.

Sure, 343i has made Halo a mediocre shooter, and the developer who made a broken mess like FO76 probably won't be able to make a decent game.

So, as you say, FH5 may be a reasonable choice if you focus on pedigree.

The things gamer's are willing to tell themselves is sometimes frightful.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

Silly question from the TC.

SWs is out of touch with reality, period. This should be clear to anyone with an IQ over 70.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Silly question from the TC.

SWs is out of touch with reality, period. This should be clear to anyone with an IQ over 70.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#59 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

@sakaixx said:

The journalist are the ones that are out of touch. Nintendo showed gameplay. Microsoft showed a lot of CGI trailers. We want gameplay.