pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Looks like ND had their feelings hurt and went crying to MC.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3141 Posts

Users should have to link their PSN/XBL/Switch/Steam accounts to be able to review a game. You want to be taken as seriously as actual reviewers? Be as accountable as them.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Seems odd that MC has never cared and yet after TLOU 2 which got a lot of news and videos over the difference in scores they change policy! So has Sony been in contact or is it a coincidence

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

@subspecies said:

So now review bombers will spend a day or two not review bombing.

And then they'll review bomb.

Hurray.

It wont stop review bombing, but it should help mitigate it. Emotions will be at their all time high when a game just comes out. By waiting a day or 2, devs it gives some time for the heat to die down, hopefully reducing the number of review bombs.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Is metacritic really used by the average gamer in deciding what to buy? I’ve never visited the site and the only time I read about it is here where fanboys use the numbers to back up what crap they bought.

Critics scores are mostly compiled from gaming marketing sites and user scores are compiled by fanboys who probably didn’t play the game in question. Who doesn’t know this?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#56 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59175 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Is metacritic really used by the average gamer in deciding what to buy?

Do gamers by and large even read reviews?

I imagine the hyperbole all or nothing IGN helped cultivate is firmly ingrained in their psyche where by a large gratifying number and a few flaunted choice words is all that's required to turn them into dribbling man-babies.

Unfortunately.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Howmakewood  Online
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

The user reviews still remain useless as one don't need to own it to post a review

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

They didn't do that for Warcraft III Reforged. MC is biased towards Sony confirmed!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 uninspiredcup

@howmakewood said:

The user reviews still remain useless as one don't need to own it to post a review

Yes. Issue optional MC keys with a game only a single Metacritic account can use.

Won't fix it, but presumably it would at least alleviate it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Oh no, the screeching lunatics won't be able to vomit their hatred for a day longer, however will gaming survive this :P

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

I think it's funny how review bombing is a practice that's been going on for years and usually greeted with silence by these websites and it took TLoU2 for them to finally address the issue.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Does it have a protection in place for the fake good reviews too?

I mean only low IQs choose to buy games based entirely on review scores or use the scores to justify being a single system loser but if they make a bad game their sales should take a hit accordingly

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@jaydan said:

I think it's funny how review bombing is a practice that's been going on for years and usually greeted with silence by these websites and it took TLoU2 for them to finally address the issue.

There were too many lemming cry babys who watched leaked YouTubes and cancelled the game. The issue is crybaby xbox fanboys and cancel culture. Like we get it, there is nothing to play on xbox, sorry Sony devs make bangers? TLHBO

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jaydan

@phlop_spencer said:
@jaydan said:

There were too many lemming cry babys who watched leaked YouTubes and cancelled the game. The issue is crybaby xbox fanboys and cancel culture. Like we get it, there is nothing to play on xbox, sorry Sony devs make bangers? TLHBO

And yet Neil Druckmann was flattered over how well his bad publicity campaign worked out for him.

I'm impressed by his puppeteering, he really played everyone for fools.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Phlop_Spencer

@jaydan said:
@phlop_spencer said:
@jaydan said:

And yet Neil Druckmann was flattered over how well his bad publicity campaign worked out for him.

I'm impressed by his puppeteering, he really played everyone for fools.

I’m impressed you can’t comprehend sarcasm. And yes Neil Druckmann with a 94MC game played everyone for fools LOL.

Unlike Phil Spencer who talks and talks and talks and STILL has yet to release a system seller. You and your green muppets are the epitome of internet clowns LOL.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jaydan

@phlop_spencer: That tweet was waaaay before the Metacritic scores got adjusted and it was far less than 94.

There is no purpose for a big-shot game director to be making sarcastic tweets like that other than to provoke his cause and stir the firestorm.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Phlop_Spencer

@jaydan said:

@phlop_spencer: That tweet was waaaay before the Metacritic scores got adjusted and it was far less than 94.

Huh? TLOU started at a 95 and dropped to 94 MC. I’m not talking about user scores. We all know, and yes even Neil Druckman, that people giving it a score of 0 before the game is even out is just pure butthurt.

His tweet was basically saying “ahh yessss let the hate flow through you...” Wouldn’t your efforts be better spent directing your salt towards daddy Phil to put his feet to the fire and force him to you know, START DELIVERING SOME GAMES??

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#69  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Good idea, but one day seems silly; it should be at least a week.

If professionals get a week or so to review a game, normal people with lives that involve something other than playing videogames should as well.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22824 Posts

Can't believe how sensitive some people are over a review score number.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jaydan

@phlop_spencer: You seem to lack contextual comprehension.

That Tweet refers to all the user scores, not the professional ones.

There's no reason for a high-profile game director to be making sarcastic remarks like that other than to fuel the fire.

That, along with all the other questionable antics Druckmann has performed leading up to the game's release bare great reason to believe his bad publicity campaign was perfectly conducted.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:
@jaydan said:

Huh? TLOU started at a 95 and dropped to 94 MC. I’m not talking about user scores. We all know, and yes even Neil Druckman, that people giving it a score of 0 before the game is even out is just pure butthurt.

His tweet was basically saying “ahh yessss let the hate flow through you...” Wouldn’t your efforts be better spent directing your salt towards daddy Phil to put his feet to the fire and force him to you know, START DELIVERING SOME GAMES??

ND himself eh? That is shocking. Most of us would walk briskly away from such an embarrassing public floater. Yet there he is, the man himself, right at the cubicle door, rationalising away the public reception of his bobbing three-bean masterpiece.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Well it took me about 3 weeks or 42 hours of game time (playing everyday) to complete The Last of Us 2. They should at the VERY LEAST have three day delay for a game of that size. twice as long for a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Witcher 3.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mozelleple112

@dagubot:Its the greatest game of the generation and arguably of the decade. Will be talked for a loooong time buddy.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Phlop_Spencer

@sancho_panzer: @jaydan: lol you guys are really upset with the success of TLOU huh? This feels more like an Xbox victim support group than system wars.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Well it took me about 3 weeks or 42 hours of game time (playing everyday) to complete The Last of Us 2. They should at the VERY LEAST have three day delay for a game of that size. twice as long for a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Witcher 3.

Why would it take 42hrs to beat a game that people are beating in 20 or less?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jaydan

@phlop_spencer said:

@sancho_panzer: @jaydan: lol you guys are really upset with the success of TLOU huh? This feels more like an Xbox victim support group than system wars.

Nah I'm not upset over the success of this game, I'm just telling my observations of the sleazy practices of the game director.

There's greater desperation on your part for constantly trying and failing to pivot the discussion to Phil Spencer when he has nothing to do with the topic.

I get it, you're a new troll account, "blah blah blah let's talk about Phil Spencer in a TLoU2 thread because I think I'm a clever troll."

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

I'm absolutely livid. Why, I've a good mind to use all my market leverage to pressure CBS into changing their MC review policies, just over these disappointingly wonderful scores!

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@fedor said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Why would it take 42hrs to beat a game that people are beating in 20 or less?

Think for me it took 35 hours and I didn’t even search everywhere or do much exploring. Played on masochist mode so I did whatever I had to to not die which sometimes meant studying enemy patterns for long periods before I made a move, lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45320 Posts

Wow, user scores of Ghost of Tsushima are through the roof. I can't even find a physical copy in my area lol.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Fedor

@SolidGame_basic said:

Wow, user scores of Ghost of Tsushima are through the roof. I can't even find a physical copy in my area lol.

Yeah GOT is doing great, looks like people just didn't like TLOU2 and it wasn't a fanboy brigade giving low scores after all.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

User scores are closer to what I would give the game than the paid critics.

Game is absolutely stunning and full of detail.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45320 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

User scores are closer to what I would give the game than the paid critics.

Game is absolutely stunning and full of detail.

Damn that looks good. I look forward to playing it when the time comes!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

oy vey

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@jaydan: All the weirdo right-wingers need some boogeyman to latch onto. Kathleen Kennedy ruined Star Wars, Brie Larson ruined Marvel. Anita Sarkeesian ruined gamings. Neil Druckmann is the next great threat to the world.

They basically single-handedly employ edgy-youtube-reviewers, and weirdo 30 year old kneck beards like The Quartering who's turned milking 10 minute videos into an art-form far surpassing anything in Last Of Us 2.

Whatever Neil Druckmann does next, probably going to be preemptively bombarded even more.

Not to say the gaming media itself isn't full of weirdo far (far) left activists. They fuel each other making a giant mountain of shit.

You forgot how they ruined Game Of Thrones too. And didn't these "right wing boogeymen" just destroy your beloved Picard? Lol. I couldn't careless abut Star Wars or TLoU so it doesn't effect me. It's just frustrating to watch you nerds have no backbone while these talentless hacks destroy all your favorite franchises.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By uninspiredcup

@pinkribbonscars said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@jaydan: All the weirdo right-wingers need some boogeyman to latch onto. Kathleen Kennedy ruined Star Wars, Brie Larson ruined Marvel. Anita Sarkeesian ruined gamings. Neil Druckmann is the next great threat to the world.

They basically single-handedly employ edgy-youtube-reviewers, and weirdo 30 year old kneck beards like The Quartering who's turned milking 10 minute videos into an art-form far surpassing anything in Last Of Us 2.

Whatever Neil Druckmann does next, probably going to be preemptively bombarded even more.

Not to say the gaming media itself isn't full of weirdo far (far) left activists. They fuel each other making a giant mountain of shit.

You forgot how they ruined Game Of Thrones too. And didn't these "right wing boogeymen" just destroy your beloved Picard? Lol. I couldn't careless abut Star Wars or TLoU so it doesn't effect me. It's just frustrating to watch you nerds have no backbone while these talentless hacks destroy all your favorite franchises.

Picard/Discovery are bad because it's badly written and don't resemble Star Trek itself was always left-wing and progressive.

DS9 (which is now generally considered the best) is literally a story about spacey Nazis who done bad stuff to spacey Jews where the villain turns into Mecha-Hitler.

Loading Video...

Disney's live action Starwar movies, again can be argued as basically just, bad writing. It already had well written female characters in the lesser known Clone Wars/Rebels, Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress. Ahsoka Tano herself I would say is probably the most developed character in the franchise full stop. And I have very little doubt we will get weirdos (monetizing on Youtube) shitting their panties if Rosario Dawson plays her in Mandalorian.

SHE HAS TITS, AND SHE'S BAHLACK???!!!!!

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Good! There's no justification for reviewing a game you haven't played. You played it and hate it? Fair enough - "bombs away". But otherwise sit it out.

Of course, now people will just wait a day to pretend they played it before bombing. But hey - it's a start

Ideally it should be linked to people's Steam/Origins/XBL/PSN/Nintendo account. Not even allowing you to review it if you don't own it.

Probably waaaayyy too much work, but it's likely the best way to avoid positive and negative user review bomb campaigns.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Fedor

@uninspiredcup: People have already shit their pants about Rosario, something about misgendering or being a terf. Can't remember exactly but there was a lot of hub bub around the time of her casting.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By uninspiredcup

@fedor said:

@uninspiredcup: People have already shit their pants about Rosario, something about misgendering or being a terf. Can't remember exactly but there was a lot of hub bub around the time of her casting.

Donno. Just be ignoring that shit. She fits the age, looks remarkably like the character and is generally a good actress, really good casting and the evolution of how Ahsoka went from annoying child character in bad movie to one of the most loved characters (not even comparable to the terrible Rey shit), is super interesting.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mozelleple112

@fedor: Because it took me 41 hours and 47 minutes to complete it. I still didn't get the 100% of the artefacts (I didn't use any of the visual or auditory hints to help find stuff - I explored manually) Running through a second time now to get 100%.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

@zaryia said:
@phlop_spencer said:

@zaryia: I don’t hate it, I love it. Might be my favourite game this gen. It’s only hated by salty fanboys with nothing to play such as yourself. Better luck next gen with 15 mediocre studios

Most people dislike this game.

you guys do know its ghost and not last of us 2. most people hate ghost know?