Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#151 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70540 Posts

@gifford38 said:

@Pedro: evidence cameout of Phil's mouth. He said Microsoft was going to drop Xbox because it was losing money until Phil went in and begged them to give it to him. They lost so much money sense the original Xbox. Got to admit Phil did save the Xbox. But Xbox one was there last console phil said.

Please share the link to your claim.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@vfighter said:

@sealionact: Success must mean very different things to you vs others. Xbox has never made a dime since the day it first came out, it's been in the red the entire time. Even the 360 failed to actually make money because of the rrod. Now with nearly 80 billion spent I don't see how they won't stay in the red for decades to come.

Yeah, I’m going to need to see some kind of source for your claim. Honestly, the reaction by some people to all this is kind of pitiful; “Gamepass will be $50/F**k Xbox/Xbox hasn’t made any money in nearly 20 years/Nobody buys Activision games anyway” and so on.
No Wonder Sony is the butt of so many jokes these days…..

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts
@mazuiface said:
@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

This level of consolidation is of course bad for the entire industry. As much as fanboys want to blame Sony for making successful games for their platform, the Actiblizz acquisition is the biggest ever in gaming and more than most entertainment deals, overshadowed by Disney which is another evil corporation. Microsoft is being the same company they have been since the 90s and people are coming full circle.

Anyone who thinks that this spells a good future for gaming is a moron. Really.

The problem I have with folks like you is that this behavior has ALWAYS been a problem but only now it is being voiced after the marginalization of this practice by Sony for years. The main difference is that MS is taking what Sony has done to the next level and suddenly you all are concerned. If anyone celebrated acquisitions and/or exclusives prior, then your complaints are hollow, just as your concerns.

Lol You again with this? Perhaps you were in a coma in the days of the 360 where games would be *announced* for PS3 only to never release on PS3. Years later it would be revealed that a moneyhat prevented the release. (The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, etc)

*or* the devs were approached by MS and told to make the game run worse or at parity with the Xbox One version (PS4/Xbox One days) This happened with popular titles like Battlefield!

You're so eager to drop a rap sheet for Sony's supposedly horrible crimes, but they were all part of trends - trends that Microsoft was still, and is still, the worst expression of.

“This happened with popular titles like Battlefield”

What? Where are you getting that from - especially as bf4 ran at 720p on x1 and 900p on PS4?

Am I supposed to follow your lead now and accuse Sony of approaching Dice and “telling” them to make the game run better on ps4, or how does this fantasy make believe stuff I’m reading on these boards work?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7343 Posts

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

@Pedro: evidence cameout of Phil's mouth. He said Microsoft was going to drop Xbox because it was losing money until Phil went in and begged them to give it to him. They lost so much money sense the original Xbox. Got to admit Phil did save the Xbox. But Xbox one was there last console phil said.

Please share the link to your claim.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/spencer-microsoft-almost-abandoned-xbox-brand-after-the-xbox-one-launch/

just google it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/spencer-microsoft-almost-abandoned-xbox-brand-after-the-xbox-one-launch/

just google it.

"He said Microsoft was going to drop Xbox because it was losing money until Phil went in and begged them to give it to him. They lost so much money sense the original Xbox."

Please point to the sections in which the above statement is true. That means show me where Microsoft was going to drop Xbox because it was losing money and Phil begging to give it to him.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7343 Posts

@Pedro: he said in a interview. He cameout of his mouth that the Xbox one was Microsoft last console. Phil saved Xbox.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Pedro

@gifford38: Then provide said interview

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@boiled-hotdug said:
@shellcase86 said:
@boiled-hotdug said:

I don't see how this will be bad for the employees and/or for the gamers...unless you're a fanboy

Do you think it's better for consumers when they only have the choice of one or two utility or internet service providers? Most don't.

No, but Blizzard-Activision was failing...and failing hard; at this point who else would be better in purchasing Blizzard-Activision? Microsoft certainly the better choice over companies like Tencent or Google. I mean Facebook & EA both were interested in purchasing Blizzard-Activision. Sure as hell wouldn't want that 😂

Got to agree I'm cool with MS over Facebook or EA aquring them any day. Had no clue they were on the verge of bankruptcy, though.