Nintendo just dropped an atom bomb. (pokemon direct)

• 87 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@hardwenzen: First you need to define what are "2021 graphics"

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@i_p_daily: why would you care? You don't play anything besides racers. You're not their target audience. They don't care about you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39449 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@hardwenzen: First you need to define what are "2021 graphics"

Graphics that don't look like they're made for the 3DS🤣

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

Game looks like the step in the right direction. But Game Freak really needs to expand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@wonderwinner: Well im allowed to state my opinion alty, thats what these forums are for duh.

Maybe you should stop getting shitty over my opinions, did i beat you up a lot on here with your previous alt or something 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:

Game looks like the step in the right direction. But Game Freak really needs to expand.

Why? No matter what they release, their games sell a shitton. No reason to take risks when you can be on auto pilot and print money while doing so. Reminds me of the current state of Nintendo, actually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen: Sorry but im going to need you to define it clearly before i can give you an answer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@i_p_daily: why do you always act so triggered? Guess you're a baby who can't deal with this forum, pathetic. 😎

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Looks like a step in the right direction, but I still have no idea how open world automatically means "BOTW POKEMON!!!!". It's just open world, nothing more. Stop hyping it to the moon until we see more.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#60 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70041 Posts

@Miyomatic said:

Looks like a step in the right direction, but I still have no idea how open world automatically means "BOTW POKEMON!!!!". It's just open world, nothing more. Stop hyping it to the moon until we see more.

Open world games wasn't invented until Breath of the wild, thus the comparison. 😋

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

This is a must have for me. I can overlook the bad graphics because I've wanted an open world Pokemon game for a long time.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I really only care about the series bc of nostalgia. (Which is primarily for gen 1 and 2)

An Archeus style remake of Gold/Silver would be interesting. They remade gen 1 twice, so I'm hoping they do the same for 2.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#63  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Pokemon Legends visually looks like an early Alpha version based on the footage shown. The world kinda looks extremely shallow, and a bit janky here & there (those low fps pokemon animations in the overworld really stand out). I really like the idea direction though. But I would like to see some more content from it. I have faith that they will pull through.., this is Gamefreak afterall.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

Not the perfect remake, but looks really good. Pokemon Arceus looks exciting and brings something new to the franchise.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts

open world pokemon game is long overdue, honestly wish they would make a pokemon MOBA. I think its the perfect world for a moba

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

The 25 years of milking at the beginning should have been for the shareholders. Long and boring.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Maroxad

@sargentd said:

open world pokemon game is long overdue, honestly wish they would make a pokemon MOBA. I think its the perfect world for a moba

Gross...

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Why? No matter what they release, their games sell a shitton. No reason to take risks when you can be on auto pilot and print money while doing so. Reminds me of the current state of Nintendo, actually.

This new Pokemon game is taking risks though. What I can gather from this game,

• Structurally it is completely different, no pokemon league, even the concept of a trainer has yet to be formalized
  • Rather than a linear romp, the game puts emphasis on exploration.
  • Allegedly, Pokemon CAN attack the trainer, with a possible game over if they takes too much damage.
  • Combat looks to use some form of Real Time Battle system. Since Pokemon's balance and moveset is built around turn based combat, this is huge. (Can't say I like this change though).
  • The goal looks to be to survey they land and basically do some form of research. Instead of being the very best, your goal is to effectively become a Pokemon Professor.
  • No suburban setting (or urban in hte case of gen 5), the game's setting is instead feudal japan.

And for the record, so is Nintendo in general since the Switch. A lot of their games eschewed established formulas. To either resurrect something old, or take a new spin with their IPs.

There is a reason a lot Zelda fans felt alienated by Breath of the Wild.

Pokemon Legends looks to be Nintendo giving Pokemon the treatment they gave a lot of their other franchises on the Switch.

Tell me, with hte exception of God of War, which Sony franchises took significant risks?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Gross...

Guessing you dont like mobas.

I think it would be perfect.

In the style of Dota 2. They have a huge variety on pokemon and move sets to work with. Weaknesses and strengths. Strategically Pokémon sounds ripe for the moba genre. 5v5 and teams would need to strategize who who picked what, dont want all fire types or all ground types. Id be all about lol I love traditional turn-based pokemon but if we are talking about taking different risks with the franchise i think a MP moba could be sweet.

Is it anymore risky than doing an open world pokemon game? i dont think so. I mean pokken is a thing...

With the amount of pokemon to work with it seems ripe for the genre.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Maroxad

@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Gross...

Guessing you dont like mobas.

I think it would be perfect.

In the style of Dota 2. They have a huge variety on pokemon and move sets to work with. Weaknesses and strengths. Strategically Pokémon sounds ripe for the moba genre. 5v5 and teams would need to strategize who who picked what, dont want all fire types or all ground types. Id be all about lol I love traditional turn-based pokemon but if we are talking about taking different risks with the franchise i think a MP moba could be sweet.

Is it anymore risky than doing an open world pokemon game? i dont think so. I mean pokken is a thing...

With the amount of pokemon to work with it seems ripe for the genre.

I despise MOBAs. And I would want Pokemon to avoid that taint.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad: That's not taking risks. Pokemon mmo or an open world Pokemon game has been suggested and wanted for almost two decades at this point. Its a nobrainer evolution of the series, which took them soooooooooooo long to go for. If bet you that if Sword and Shield wasn't as criticized as it was for being too samey/outdated, they wouldn't even bother going into the open world direction. I am sure BotW success has also played a role.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:

@Maroxad: That's not taking risks. Pokemon mmo or an open world Pokemon game has been suggested and wanted for almost two decades at this point. Its a nobrainer evolution of the series, which took them soooooooooooo long to go for. If bet you that if Sword and Shield wasn't as criticized as it was for being too samey/outdated, they wouldn't even bother going into the open world direction. I am sure BotW success has also played a role.

That still counts as taking a risk.

There is no real established playbook they can go by, bringing Pokemon into a open world game is not the same as bringing Mario or Zelda into the open world. Following player suggestions and feedback can be very dangerous too. Iirc, Planetside 1's giant mechs came as a result of player feedback, and those pretty much ruined the game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

There is no real established playbook they can go by, bringing Pokemon into a open world game is not the same as bringing Mario or Zelda into the open world. Following player suggestions and feedback can be very dangerous too. Iirc, Planetside 1's giant mechs came as a result of player feedback, and those pretty much ruined the game.

What are we primarily doing in a pokemon game? Catch pokemons and level them up while fighting other pokemons. If this doesn't suit an open world game, i really don't know what does. Some series are too damn suitable for a certain genre, and Nintendo not having taken advantage of it is ridiculous to me.

A Pokemon mmo could stomp WoW. Not match it, but literally stomp it. That of course if the game was well build and not just created to milk their players with mtx.

You should never go by players feedback alone, but when a certain thing is being constantly suggested, maybe you should look into it, and an mmo/open world pokemon game has been a thing since late GC to early Wii days. If they were printing money with a stupid fad known as the Pokemon Go, imagine what it could be if this was an mmo with all the good things people love about Pokemon. Literal gold mine.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

What are we primarily doing in a pokemon game? Catch pokemons and level them up while fighting other pokemons. If this doesn't suit an open world game, i really don't know what does. Some series are too damn suitable for a certain genre, and Nintendo not having taken advantage of it is ridiculous to me.

A Pokemon mmo could stomp WoW. Not match it, but literally stomp it. That of course if the game was well build and not just created to milk their players with mtx.

You should never go by players feedback alone, but when a certain thing is being constantly suggested, maybe you should look into it, and an mmo/open world pokemon game has been a thing since late GC to early Wii days. If they were printing money with a stupid fad known as the Pokemon Go, imagine what it could be if this was an mmo with all the good things people love about Pokemon. Literal gold mine.

1. I think you are vastly underestimating the number of things that can go wrong in an Open World game. Just look at Bethesda. With this game they have to provide a home for possibly 800 mons, likewise critter placement is important, this includes not just species, but also Levels, and collectables. All these things need to be accounted for.

2. Those games were pretty niche. And Open World would be better. Pokemon MMO was tried, but the series mechanics arent really entirely suited for it. Not enough content that works to bring people together.

Pokemon Legends is Game Freak taking a risk for once. That is why, despite the poor frame rate and subpar graphics, people are still hyped for it.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

@hardwenzen: that’s some serious damage control right here! Did the state of play ( or shit tbh) really shake you up that much?? Don’t worry sooner or later I am sure the ps5 will have an actual game that validates your purchase, probably not in 2021 though😂😂😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen  Online

@djoffer123 said:

@hardwenzen: that’s some serious damage control right here! Did the state of play ( or shit tbh) really shake you up that much?? Don’t worry sooner or later I am sure the ps5 will have an actual game that validates your purchase, probably not in 2021 though😂😂😂

wut

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

@hardwenzen: wat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@wonderwinner: So im triggered, a baby, pathetic and can't deal with these forums, and yet YOU are always replying to my comments with your salty claims, and obviously couldn't deal with these forums because you're an alting cow, yeah we see you 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hardwenzen  Online

@djoffer123 said:

@hardwenzen: wat

I agree.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#79 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19647 Posts

This looks like what Sword and Shield should've looked like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@i_p_daily: lmao still triggered 😂😂😂😂😂

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 NathanDrakeSwag

Hermits, cows and even sheep are swimming in games and it has poor I Cry Daily throwing a tantrum lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@NathanDrakeSwag: worse, he keeps saying I'm a cow despite me owning and praising the XSX. that's how triggered he is. 😂😂😂😂

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NathanDrakeSwag

@wonderwinner said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: worse, he keeps saying I'm a cow despite me owning and praising the XSX. that's how triggered he is. 😂😂😂😂

I'm noticing a pattern with all of these insecure lems around here. Almost none of them own an XSX lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

The fact that it looks graphically worse than BOTW is truly staggering. I'll put any hype on the back-back-back-burner.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Pedro  Online

@lundy86_4: Always leave room for Nintendo to disappoint. 😉

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

@Pedro said:

@lundy86_4: Always leave room for Nintendo to disappoint. 😉

Always do. Been on a Switch bender, but man the performance and graphics can be jarring. Thankfully BOTW has something whimsical, but this Pokemon just looks meh.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro  Online

@lundy86_4 said:

Always do. Been on a Switch bender, but man the performance and graphics can be jarring. Thankfully BOTW has something whimsical, but this Pokemon just looks meh.

This looks pretty rough. Probably they wanted to out do Halo Infinite reveal last year. 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Pokemon Archeus is basically an indie-looking mobile game that runs like a PowerPoint presentation at a whopping 5 frames per second.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#89  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34703 Posts

That looks much worse than BotW. And it's still Pokémon. Doubt it'll be fun enough to slog through all the slow stuff the series alwyas has.

I guess Pokémon have been so lame for so long, that every single thing they change about it gets hype. Bit sad, really. Think of the things they could do with the series that they don't.