PC gaming is still too much of a hassle.

• 79 results
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

TC: Consoles are mostly on par with PC

Consoles: sub720p 30FPS in 2023

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Nothing is more pathetic than playing on my pc with AMD GPU.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 720 Posts

Also most exclusive these days are console exclusives, which means with pc you can play all console games (except Nintendo unless you are willing to emulate)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Is this a thread from 2013? Did I somehow go back in time?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts

@NoodleFighter: Nice, dude. Thank you.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: The most pathetic thing about the PS5 is the 8k logo. Games are in 8k? Yeah, right. It borders on false marketing.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: the XSS is beyond pathetic. I have no idea why anyone would buy one unless it cost $99. The fact that it costs the same as a PS5 here but less than half the power is just incredible.

You can't upgrade the PS5 because you don't need to. You can only upgrade your XSS to what the PS5 standard alreasy has (an XSX)

"You can't upgrade the PS5 because you don't need to". And yet there are cows on this forum who are hoping for a 20+ teraflops PS5 Pro so they can finally say that PS5 boasts more teraflops than Xsex. Just saying.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

The consoles are on par with that laptop maybe…

Build a proper PC and it’s not even close

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts
@pmanden said:

@HalcyonScarlet: The most pathetic thing about the PS5 is the 8k logo. Games are in 8k? Yeah, right. It borders on false marketing.

Exactly. The PS5/Series X came out with all the claims and expectations and are failing to live up to them, as soon as cross gen releases dry up.

8K/120fps is out. 4K is upscale only more and more. Games are dropping well under 2K. The 60fps standard is making way for the old 30fps standard... Dat SSD. :-S

I said this would happen. I'll make another prediction. PS5/Series X standard will be under 2K and 30fps, or under 1080p and 60fps.

The Series S will be 720p 30fps. But like the Switch, there was never meant to be technical expectations.

I think the days of the performance mode is limited. Performance modes are already struggling to meet the vision of the game at higher fps. And a developer won't want a "looks like shit" mode, it makes them look bad. Even performance modes sometimes struggle to hit that 60fps.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 292 Posts

It's all in the matter of what can be afforded and what you want to add later on...no problem to me their's decades of titles to be explored

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tjandmia

Wow. So many people crapping all over the series s. 😂

The series s is the best value in gaming.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9899 Posts

It's a bit more of a hassle, but easily worth it imo. I had some issues with my PC because apparently the company that build it didn't put enough cooling paste on the CPU 🙄. Anyway it was very annoying for a month when every game kept crashing and I didn't know why.

But since it was sorted I have had very little issues. And playing some games with kb/m + high frames makes it all worth it. Just feels so smooth. Would not wanna play Starfield with a controller.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

It's a bit more of a hassle, but easily worth it imo. I had some issues with my PC because apparently the company that build it didn't put enough cooling paste on the CPU 🙄. Anyway it was very annoying for a month when every game kept crashing and I didn't know why.

But since it was sorted I have had very little issues. And playing some games with kb/m + high frames makes it all worth it. Just feels so smooth. Would not wanna play Starfield with a controller.

I had the exact same happen to me.

In fact it was even worse, because it was GTA V that we were playing online, and it's a game that really strains the CPU.

So every time we played my PC crashed, and everyone else got booted from the game; as GTA V would not continue without a full party.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@tjandmia said:

I've been gaming on pc for a long time. It's always been a hassle. If it's not a driver or poor optimization issues, it's something else. These days I like sitting on the couch. Big picture from steam is supposed to solve that. Half the time games start in the background or minimized, meaning I have to get off the couch, flip the laptop open and bring it to the forefront. Console quality is on par with pc these days. There's no reason to put up with this crap anymore.

Buy a ps5 and be done with it, or an Xbox if you like playing last gen games at 60fps. I could have bought both for the price I paid for this ridiculous laptop.

You do know you can purchase a wireless mini keyboard with an integrated mouse TouchPad that folds open for less than $40... When you need to get back to the dashboard simply unfold the mini keyboard and, on mine, it's three finger swipes down on the TouchPad.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

@davillain: Yeah the Switch is something else entirely. Even though I think its a terrible product for using 2003 hardware, I can fully understand why people buy Switches. 1) the portability. 2) its the only way (except for PC) to play two of the highest rated games this century (Zelda BOTW and Zelda: TOTK) and all other Nintendo exclusives like Metroid Prime, all the Marios etc. Again, I wish Microsoft bought Nintendo so they could port all their exclusives their and standard making Nintendo games with XSX level of graphics (and better on PC).

The only purpose of an XSS its to get 1/3 the power of an XSX for a measly 100 dollars less. I guess for your kids, but if you're an adult "hardcore" gamer... lol

I mean... Why? The Series S is SO VERY clearly not for hardcore gamers.

Bro, consoles in general aren't for hard-core gamers. They're for casuals.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tjandmia

@theam0g said:
@tjandmia said:

I've been gaming on pc for a long time. It's always been a hassle. If it's not a driver or poor optimization issues, it's something else. These days I like sitting on the couch. Big picture from steam is supposed to solve that. Half the time games start in the background or minimized, meaning I have to get off the couch, flip the laptop open and bring it to the forefront. Console quality is on par with pc these days. There's no reason to put up with this crap anymore.

Buy a ps5 and be done with it, or an Xbox if you like playing last gen games at 60fps. I could have bought both for the price I paid for this ridiculous laptop.

You do know you can purchase a wireless mini keyboard with an integrated mouse TouchPad that folds open for less than $40... When you need to get back to the dashboard simply unfold the mini keyboard and, on mine, it's three finger swipes down on the TouchPad.

Yeah, because I want to have TWO keyboards in order for it to work as expected. Brilliant idea! What's next, advising me to just keep the computer on my lap and just use a realllllly long HDMI cable? I mean, it is called a laptop for a reason...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@tjandmia: Use a small form PC? Bruh, you're complaining about issues whilst using a likely shit laptop hooked up via HDMI. You're saying it's called a laptop like an own, but you're using it exactly like a PC.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4274 Posts

@lundy86_4: just sounds like he got burned out playing on PC and wants to switch to consoles. No harm in it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lundy86_4

@outworld222: I didn't say there was anything wrong with switching to consoles.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 outworld222

@lundy86_4: I know. Just sharing my opinion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lundy86_4

@outworld222: No worries. Just unsure on the relevance.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 outworld222

@lundy86_4: yeah….it’s pretty hard to read people’s posts sometimes. You can’t read emotions I suppose.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#73 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

I kept from upgrading the RTX 2060 for the simple reason of I dont like the problems associated with playing modern games its why I only buy game on PC that is complete and about few years old. I really just prefer plug and play nature of consoles.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tjandmia

@theam0g said:
@tjandmia said:
@theam0g said:
@tjandmia said:

Yeah, because I want to have TWO keyboards in order for it to work as expected. Brilliant idea! What's next, advising me to just keep the computer on my lap and just use a realllllly long HDMI cable? I mean, it is called a laptop for a reason...

All you need is a controller to navigate Steam Big Picture and a frickin 5" mini slim keyboard to navigate the desktop when need be, genius.

You're not the brightest I see.

C'mon, man! That was funny. Laugh a little.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9899 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Sushiglutton said:

I had the exact same happen to me.

In fact it was even worse, because it was GTA V that we were playing online, and it's a game that really strains the CPU.

So every time we played my PC crashed, and everyone else got booted from the game; as GTA V would not continue without a full party.

Wow that sounds real annoying! Even worse when it affects others in an online game!

I spent so many hours trying to decode errorlogs which indicated various kinds of memory problems. Lesson learned, next time I will send it back much sooner!

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#77 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

Having been PC Gaming on the big screen for over a decade now. Also have Gaming Laptop and gaming on the Desktop. Haven't had any issues. Do yourself a favor grab wireless keyboard and mice and problem solved. I put the keyboard on my lap and have the wireless mouse beside me on a flat surface like a strong hard mousepad.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#78 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@theam0g said:
@tjandmia said:

Why TWO keyboards? You can move around that wireless keyboard to another PC. At that point you don't need Steam's BIG Picture. I use it occasionally when I plug my Gaming PC onto my 65" TV.

hadipam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hadipam
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I still love PC gaming.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1409 Posts

PC gaming is easy,just pretend you have a high end one like most people do...job done!