Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: well said.

Hate coming from people who will never play this game and it has too much gameplay for average movie gamee to like it.

I seen people some people thing new ips are dead and only remaster and rehahs game release. But when something new ip release people start hating it because its not same generic thing.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@zaryia said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@zaryia said:

People who religiously praise movie-games that are designed for casuals only are dumping on something new and creative?

Expected.

Heck, a fewgens ago these same type of loons used to say RTS genre "don't count" . Yes that's true, sadly I can't quote the posts old GS was erased.

Deathloser does nothing new or creative

At least it's not a movie game for non gamers.

10/10 cry about it.

Its a 10/10 trash game deal with it

GS > You

Random steam reviews >>> Kotaku crappy reviews >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else >>>>>>>>>>>>> you and GS

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@xhawk27: "Just you wait! Xbox will finally get a game next year!" 🤣😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

Allow me help with this disagreement

I am >>> @Ballroompirate & @zaryia. Problem solved. 😎

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I’m not hating it, I haven’t played it. But I’m not a fan of rogue lite games where you’re constantly restarting in the same environment.

I will definitely try this when it comes out on Xbox. I might like it, but at the moment I would have preferred to see a Dishonoured 3.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ballroompirate
@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, pretty common these days. On the list of shit that gamers preach but don't practice.

Constantly hear how gamers are tired of the same old same old. "Muh creativity!" Yet when something fresh comes along in the AA/AAA space, usually one of two things will happen. Ignored and ultimately falls into obscurity. Or gains enough traction to earn a hateful mob that makes no effort to try it or at least understand what it is, how it works. Just hop on the bandwagon, easier to complain.

I've accepted that when most gamers whine about wanting new IPs and experiences, they're really just asking for what they already have, but with a new coat of paint. I don't even blame pubs for regurgitating shit anymore.

Not really sure how we got here either, gaming audience used to be much more receptive.

Gamers wouldn't know a new and creative game if it literally slapped them in the nether region.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

@Pedro said:

You weren't getting the PC version to begin with. 🤭

Why wouldn't get the PC version, dummy? Especially if it's better than my PS5? 🤣🤣🤣 You're having a nervous breakdown today.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39388 Posts

After farming trophies by replaying the same damn worlds in Returnal one million times, i am not ready to replay the same maps in another rogue lite game atm. Have seen enough for the year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:
@Pedro said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Find me a game that is just like it. I will wait. 😎

Play any Roguelite and or Dishonored game

/drop mic

Basically, it's Hitman meets Dishonored in a way. Not saying this is "been there, done that" but I can understand why Arkane is really trying so hard to make FPS more unique if possible. If anyone likes Hitman and especially loves Dishonored games, I'm sure anyone will like Deathloop. I'll admit, I underestimated Deathloop, I didn't think it was going to get that much praise.

Dishonored: Who are you?

Deathloop: I am you...but with a Gun!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pedro
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

You weren't getting the PC version to begin with. 🤭

Why wouldn't get the PC version, dummy? Especially if it's better than my PS5? 🤣🤣🤣 You're having a nervous breakdown today.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

If the PC version is borked, I'm wondering if I should just get the PS5 version instead

When you are responding without thinking. 🤭

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ballroompirate

@davillain-: Dishonored is pretty much a Kmart version of Hitman with powers. Now you have Deathloop that's literally Dishonored with Roguelite elements. Although I will say Dishonored 2 was leagues better than the first one.

If you compare Arkane studios games Dishonored 1/2, Prey and Deathloop it's the same movement and gun combat (except Prey had a little stiffer gun movement). In fact both MC's from Dishonored 2 and Deathloop literally run the same way

Loading Video...

So saying Deathloop is new and innovative is stupid on so many levels, if people like the game fine I don't care but saying it's something new over the 1,000,000 FPS we've gotten over the past few years is far from it when it literally takes 90% of the gameplay elements from Dishonored

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

@BenjaminBanklin said:

If the PC version is borked, I'm wondering if I should just get the PS5 version instead

Uhhh yeah? There's nothing contradictory about that statement. Are they putting crack in Xbox controllers or is your brain more broken than usual?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ballroompirate

Oof more people are playing a 7/10 game than a 10/10 game on steam lol

https://steamdb.info/app/740130/graphs/

vs

https://steamdb.info/app/1252330/graphs/

Weebs are your overlords

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Uhhh yeah? There's nothing contradictory about that statement. Are they putting crack in Xbox controllers or is your brain more broken than usual?

Again, you re-confirm my suspicions that you are dumb. 😂

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59177 Posts

Yea, seen the Steam reviews and PC version is getting hammered by users.

Something hate about Gamespot reviews (and similar ilk) , they never really take into account the quality of the PC version and just give vague "wow this game will change your life!" which average joe reading that shit will assume is the same quality across the board.

They should really have separate staff cover different versions if it's too much for a single reviewer. And they need to cut out the "controlled review" shit where the Publisher picks the version and the environment that favourable for them.

Grand Theft Auto IV and Dark Souls are probably the most egregious examples of"bullshit". Where in Dark Souls case, it felt less like a port and more like a shitty emulator. And in Grand Theft Auto IV fap fap fap fap most game ever, even though the PC version was like, pre-alpha type shit. Just a mess. 1 point deducted. big wowee.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts

I am not hating on the game .. but this game doesn't appeal to me 🤷 ..

I'm happy for the people who bought and liked the game and wish the developers to reach the success they deserve ..

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Thanks to Denuvo the game runs like shit on PC. So hate on PC is very much deserved. Probably should wait for pirate version, that will most likely run better.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#68 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Arkane's games are very good.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39388 Posts

@Icarian said:

Thanks to Denuvo the game runs like shit on PC. So hate on PC is very much deserved. Probably should wait for pirate version, that will most likely run better.

That's what ghost has been waiting for.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#70 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19634 Posts

Still don't get the hype for Deathloop. The impression I get from the game is that it's basically the Majora's Mask of FPS games?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Game looks cool, but I'm a bit on the fence as I didn't like Dishonored that much.

Regarding all the complaints about Denuvo.. I've played lots of Denuvo games and never noticed it, that I know of. So I'd probably be fine with this game too, but I'm still on the fence. Don't get me wrong, having a anti-piracy measure that makes pirated versions run better than the bought ones is all kinds of fucked up and should be complained about to hell and back, but I've never really noticed Denuvo myself. I wonder if it's just the really weak PCs that can barely run the games anyway that has these big problems..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Something hate about Gamespot reviews (and similar ilk) , they never really take into account the quality of the PC version and just give vague "wow this game will change your life!" which average joe reading that shit will assume is the same quality across the board.

They should really have separate staff cover different versions if it's too much for a single reviewer. And they need to cut out the "controlled review" shit where the Publisher picks the version and the environment that favourable for them.

Grand Theft Auto IV and Dark Souls are probably the most egregious examples of"bullshit". Where in Dark Souls case, it felt less like a port and more like a shitty emulator. And in Grand Theft Auto IV fap fap fap fap most game ever, even though the PC version was like, pre-alpha type shit. Just a mess. 1 point deducted. big wowee.

Steam reviewers rate the technical problem and thumb it down. other reviews about game quality beacuse its quality.

the issue will be resolved and steam review back to being positive. Dishonored had initial negative reviews on steam and now

https://store.steampowered.com/app/403640/Dishonored_2/

Its very positive 91% on steam.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

The same people that are throwing a fit because their yearly COD or Ass Creed don't get a perfect 9/10 are unable to handle games that require you to think.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ghosts4ever
@Ballroompirate said:
@zaryia said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@zaryia said:
@Ballroompirate said:

At least it's not a movie game for non gamers.

10/10 cry about it.

Its a 10/10 trash game deal with it

GS > You

Random steam reviews >>> Kotaku crappy reviews >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else >>>>>>>>>>>>> you and GS

Random steam review not about game lol.

look at reviews that about game quality and its positive.

next month generic BF and far cry coming. yawn. enjoy rehashes since 10 years.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

The same people that are throwing a fit because their yearly COD or Ass Creed don't get a perfect 9/10 are unable to handle games that require you to think.

Hate coming from people who never played it or never play it. other negative reviews coming is expected as Dishonored 2 at launch was terrible because of DRM and its void engine. since then it get positive reviews. same thing can happened here.

This time critics are right. they rate 10/10 game first time to mid AA game that require creativitiy and is fresh and innovative.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22824 Posts

Are people really complaining about this game? A new ip that just huffed a 10/10 from major publications?

If you're complaining about this game based on your "allegiance" to your favorite console maker it's a pretty pathetic play.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 740 Posts

I'm playing the PS5 version and love the game. It's everything I hoped for. Arkane is one of my favorite studios and it sucks for me that I won't see their games on a playstation after this. Their studio is (one of the reasons) why I am considering another Xbox sometime in the future.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, pretty common these days. On the list of shit that gamers preach but don't practice.

Constantly hear how gamers are tired of the same old same old. "Muh creativity!" Yet when something fresh comes along in the AA/AAA space, usually one of two things will happen. Ignored and ultimately falls into obscurity. Or gains enough traction to earn a hateful mob that makes no effort to try it or at least understand what it is, how it works. Just hop on the bandwagon, easier to complain.

I've accepted that when most gamers whine about wanting new IPs and experiences, they're really just asking for what they already have, but with a new coat of paint. I don't even blame pubs for regurgitating shit anymore.

Not really sure how we got here either, gaming audience used to be much more receptive.

Gamers wouldn't know a new and creative game if it literally slapped them in the nether region.

the irony

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

The game is very good, 10 is high though as it isn’t perfect. The AI being a major let down

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Juub1990: Kind of reminds me of Death Stranding.

Arguably the most unique game of the 21st century as it released prior to The Last of Us 2, it held the record of most nominations at the GOTY awards (11) and won the most categories (4), it also became the overall most winning GOTY title of 2019, ahead of Sekiro, Disco Elysium etc.

and yet simple minded gamers had the audacity of hating this masterpiece.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Jag85: What does it mean to be the Majora's Mask of something?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59177 Posts

Death Stranding changed everything.

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Steam reviewers rate the technical problem and thumb it down. other reviews about game quality beacuse its quality.

the issue will be resolved and steam review back to being positive. Dishonored had initial negative reviews on steam and now

Should def ding a game if it's a shoddy port port.

Like, don't give a shit how amazingly amazing Dark Souls was or (lol) IV changed everything!, Forever!

Selling games full price and in a sub-par state where they very obviously have the resources to sell them in a "not" sub-par state. They just opt for the "**** that, put it out the door" option.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Like, don't give a shit how amazingly amazing Dark Souls was or (lol) IV changed everything!, Forever!

Selling games full price and in a sub-par state where they very obviously have the resources to sell them in a "not" sub-par state. They just opt for the "**** that, put it out the door" option.

It has exact same problem Arkane games have before. ie Id tech 5 engine and its problem plus its DRM. so for that its demanding game that many people couldnot run it properly. and those run it rating it positive.

like i said its old schooly with Q and E as lean. how many games today have that feature? only arkane manage to make it. from Dishonored to Prey and now Deathloop.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Ugh, leaning. Hate that shit. Completely useless and takes up buttons.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@Juub1990: Kind of reminds me of Death Stranding.

Arguably the most unique game of the 21st century as it released prior to The Last of Us 2, it held the record of most nominations at the GOTY awards (11) and won the most categories (4), it also became the overall most winning GOTY title of 2019, ahead of Sekiro, Disco Elysium etc.

and yet simple minded gamers had the audacity of hating this masterpiece.

Well said.

And at the same time , many of those PlayStation haters were just bashing fresh new IP Returnal. Yikes. They have no self-awareness about irony or hypocricy. And when they hear Kojima is making an Xbox game , they are going to change their tune real quick if they haven't already.

I can see why some Cows aren't going to bother with it even if they have some interest. If it succeeds and gets a sequel , "good guy" Phil is just going to exclude it from PlayStation 5 like Hellblade 2 and whatnot. They are frustrated. It it what it is.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Are people really complaining about this game? A new ip that just huffed a 10/10 from major publications?

If you're complaining about this game based on your "allegiance" to your favorite console maker it's a pretty pathetic play.

Sad but for SW these dayzzz....

The bovine brigade is in the pipe 5X5. lol :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

@ghosts4ever: Ugh, leaning. Hate that shit. Completely useless and takes up buttons.

leaning has been in PC FPS since decades. its been in immersive sim games.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I watched a lot of gameplay footage and reviews. I still don't get the praise. Reminds me of when Bioshock came out, which I did play and was like, that's it?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

It has exact same problem Arkane games have before. ie Id tech 5 engine and its problem plus its DRM. so for that its demanding game that many people couldnot run it properly. and those run it rating it positive.

like i said its old schooly with Q and E as lean. how many games today have that feature? only arkane manage to make it. from Dishonored to Prey and now Deathloop.

COD, Battlefield, Pubg, Tarkov, R6 Siege etc... I'll forgive your ignorance since you've never played any of these games.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#90 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@davillain-: Dishonored is pretty much a Kmart version of Hitman with powers. Now you have Deathloop that's literally Dishonored with Roguelite elements. Although I will say Dishonored 2 was leagues better than the first one.

If you compare Arkane studios games Dishonored 1/2, Prey and Deathloop it's the same movement and gun combat (except Prey had a little stiffer gun movement). In fact both MC's from Dishonored 2 and Deathloop literally run the same way

So saying Deathloop is new and innovative is stupid on so many levels, if people like the game fine I don't care but saying it's something new over the 1,000,000 FPS we've gotten over the past few years is far from it when it literally takes 90% of the gameplay elements from Dishonored

You should use your brain more instead of talking out of your ass.

the movement feel and some of the powers are very similar to Dishonored. But the increase focus on guns/shooting, and the fact that you can't save scum make its pretty fundamentally different. Most people play Dishonored by approaching a mission a certain way and reloading saves until they do it right. Deathloop forces you to adapt to your mistakes and keep going. Ghosting a mission is almost impossible, at some point you will need to play it like a shooter.

The way its structured as an investigation where the most important thing you carry between runs is new information that takes you to different parts of the maps is pretty dang unique.

It also has some Dark Souls elements that add a lot of weight to your life - situations where you have a bunch of valuable stuff, and dying means you lose it all and can't get it back by reloading a save.

Plus, you get the invasions from other players, which is also Dark-souls esque.

If you break Deathloop down to its individual elements, sure, they have been done before.

but there isn't another game that combines everything in the same way. not even close. Calling it Dishonored with rogue lite elements is overly reductive and inaccurate.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@with_teeth26 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

You should use your brain more instead of talking out of your ass.

the movement feel and some of the powers are very similar to Dishonored. But the increase focus on guns/shooting, and the fact that you can't save scum make its pretty fundamentally different. Most people play Dishonored by approaching a mission a certain way and reloading saves until they do it right. Deathloop forces you to adapt to your mistakes and keep going. Ghosting a mission is almost impossible, at some point you will need to play it like a shooter.

The way its structured as an investigation where the most important thing you carry between runs is new information that takes you to different parts of the maps is pretty dang unique.

It also has some Dark Souls elements that add a lot of weight to your life - situations where you have a bunch of valuable stuff, and dying means you lose it all and can't get it back by reloading a save.

Plus, you get the invasions from other players, which is also Dark-souls esque.

If you break Deathloop down to its individual elements, sure, they have been done before.

but there isn't another game that combines everything in the same way. not even close. Calling it Dishonored with rogue lite elements is overly reductive and inaccurate.

Absolutely. no one actually mention any game that is like Deathloop in past. and no Dishonored is nothing like Deathloop. Dishonored is thief inspired stealth game with quick save and load. only thing similar is thier art style and thats it.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Sorry but this game isn't the first to use that formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#93 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

It was never going to be a multi million seller, you lot are delusional as always. FPS, whoopi do do, old and very, very old genre that needs to die.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#94 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

I’m not hating it, I haven’t played it. But I’m not a fan of rogue lite games where you’re constantly restarting in the same environment.

I will definitely try this when it comes out on Xbox. I might like it, but at the moment I would have preferred to see a Dishonoured 3.

Oh, didn't know it will flop like returnal.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#95 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

@zaryia said:

People who religiously praise movie-games that are designed for casuals only are dumping on something new and creative?

Expected.

Heck, a fewgens ago these same type of loons used to say RTS genre "don't count" . Yes that's true, sadly I can't quote the posts old GS was erased.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@Random_Matt said:

It was never going to be a multi million seller, you lot are delusional as always. FPS, whoopi do do, old and very, very old genre that needs to die.

LOL this is by far most innovative game of 2021. you just read its FPS and suddenly its all same.

the people who are used to of sony movie games wont like it because too much gameplay.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

thanks cows for supporting MS Studios funds, we appreciate it, and will put this to the next AAA game

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Deathloop is a multiplat and the best version is getting mixed reviews. Try harder, kiddo.

It isn't the best version, due to Denuvo.

You know, it surprises me that they didn't learn from the whole scandal with Capcom and Resident Evil Village. It's almost like these companies don't pay attention to big gaming news.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@zaryia said:

Expected.

Same people hating on deathloop are now gonna praise Far cry 6 next month LOL!!.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

why would anyone be mad at a game getting a 10/10?

Because fanboys are idiots.