Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Sony will probably continue to win best graphic awards every year.

PC literally won almost every year this gen at DF by those standards. You understand if it's a multiplat wins at DF that's literally a win for PC for that given year, correct? Heck PC got 2 wins in 2019!

PS4 has 1 definitive win out of 8 years, Horizon, and that is even going to PC. I can find no other PS4 quotes of games stating this other than HZD by DF - and we all know that won't count soon as it will be better on PC.

On top of that, and more importantly, of the top best looking 10, 20, 50, 100 video games this gen nearly all PC games, with 4 or 5 PS4 games.

P.S. Almost every game on PS4 runs and looks substantially better on PC! Fake graphics enthusiasts lol!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#102 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70034 Posts

Now we after fighting over arbitrary based graphic awards? Nioce. Let the nonsense flow.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@zaryia: Stop lying!

A PS4 exclusive has won it almost every year. Untill recently they did 3 winners and a PS4 exclusive has won at least one of the three those years as well. The PC has to wait a year for the leftovers! And going by overall awards PS4 exclusives clean house in this category. It's not even debateable.

Doesn't it suck to be a graphics enthusiast and you still don't get the best looking games? Maybe Sony will throw you some exclusives 3 years later and you will have something to celebrate. Or maybe Star Citizen will win something when it releases in 2040.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Stop lying!

A PS4 exclusive has won it almost every year. Untill recently they did 3 winners and a PS4 exclusive has won at least one of the three those years as well. The PC has to wait a year for the leftovers!

Doesn't it suck to be a graphics enthusiast and you still don't get the best looking games?

FALSE

1. PC has the most wins for the last 8 years at Digital Foundry it is in most of their videos at the end. The only game that they say that won for PS4 is HZD. I can find no quotes saying it for any other game.

2. Over 90% of games on PS4 look and run substantially better on PC. Any graphics enthusiast who only plays PS4 is fake as shit. Play your two or three 5-10th place gfx movie games and then go to PC for the other 99% of the Gen.

3. Doesn't it suck to be a graphics enthusiast and miss out on the top 3 best looking games, most of the top 10, most of the top 20, and most of the top 50? Doesn't it suck to play the worst or worse version of nearly every major release each year?

@Pedro said:

Now we after fighting over arbitrary based graphic awards? Nioce. Let the nonsense flow.

Agreed on this, so it's better to basically look at which system has more gfx king contenders over 8 years rather than a 2 or 3 wins at site XYZ. That's an easy win for PC. Basically every AAA on Ultra.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: You're going to need to link the past 8 years of best graphic awards to verify that claim.

Otherwise that's a lie.

Hell PS exclusives make up nearly half the top 20 stop with the lies. Minor improvements in multiplats and not a single exclusive in the top 50. Now no why i quit PC gaming. Shitty builder sims just didn't cut it anymore.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Your going to need to link the past 8 years of best graphic awards to verify that claim.

Otherwise that's a lie.

I watched or read each of their videos/articles, and it was not mentioned for anything other than HZD (1 year) which will be best on PC (glad I didn't buy a $400 door stop to play 1 game).

But you made the claim, you have to link it directly:

@zaryia said:
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Sony will probably continue to win best graphic awards every year.

Timestamp shows your post was first. I already know that's wrong, PC games look better and there's dozens more of gfx king contenders on PC.

You know this, surely you have a gaming rig and 144-240hz monitor. Surely you have experienced real gfx.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By R-Gamer

@Pedro: When we argue about specs it's mainly because we want the best graphics. PC gamers always flap their mouth about this but overall their best looking games are usually minor improvements in multiplats with not a single exclusive title that would crack the top 50.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@Pedro: When we argue about specs it's mainly because we want the best graphics. PC gamers always flap their mouth about this but overall their best looking games are usually minor improvements in multiplats with not a single exclusive title that would crack the top 50.

That "minor" (DF disagrees) improvement is enough for a majority of AAA releases on Ultra to pile up and make PC contain a majority of the best looking titles of this gen. It doesn't matter that they aren't exclusive, they look great and only look that way on PC.

The only person who would disagree is someone who hasn't actually experienced them.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: Don't ignore my previous post. Show me the past 8 years of DF awards( hint you lied) because DF hasn't given the award for 8 years.

I have experienced a good portion of them. I can count the games on one hand that have major visual advantages over their console counterparts.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

Hell PS exclusives make up nearly half the top 20 stop with the lies. Minor improvements in multiplats and not a single exclusive in the top 50. Now no why i quit PC gaming. Shitty builder sims just didn't cut it anymore.

1. PC games make up most of the top 20 best looking games. Nearly all of the top 50 and 100. Basically most multiplts on Ultra.

Any GFX Enthusiast knows PC is for gfx. Not consoles - that's dumb. PC is GFX KING. How is this a debate....that's like saying the Sky isn't blue. Who plays most major releases on consoles that is a gfx enthusiast? Fake as hell or poor.

2. Who care if they are exclusive or multiplat, if it's gfx king contender it's a graphics king contender. And most of them are on PC.

3. Minor differences? Digital Foundry, and my eyes, disagree.

4. Now I know why I quot console games. Low gfx, low fps, long load times, bad multiplayer, no competitive gaming, and a fraction of the aaa/aa titles didn't cut it.

I need the best visuals (this includes fps/hz), I need the most high scoring games, I need the best onilne.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

I have experienced a good portion of them. I can count the games on one hand that have major visual advantages over their console counterparts.

No you haven't. Show me your Metro on Ultra and it has to be running on a display with gsync/freesync.

It's not even funny, the top ULTRA PC games decimate your 2-3 movie games. That's dozens of titles. I'm glad Sony gives you 2-3 gfx king contenders, I'll take my 50+.

@r-gamer said:

Sony will probably continue to win best graphic awards every year.

One moment later....

@r-gamer said:

DF hasn't given the award for 8 years.

Got em'

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@Juub1990:

Unknown, but would it be really be a "farfetched" assumption to say that the ps5 exclusive line-up would trump the sex exclusive line-up at the end of that respected generation?

Given the "proof" from past generations.

**EDIT**

I just read my post, smh what I "meant" to say was name a generation where the Xbox exclusives beat out the ps exclusives. My bad.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@i_p_daily:

Like I said to Juub1990:

Unknown, but would it be really be a "farfetched" assumption to say that the ps5 exclusive line-up would trump the sex exclusive line-up at the end of that respected generation?

Given the "proof" from past generations.

**EDIT**

I just read my post, smh what I "meant" to say was name a generation where the Xbox exclusives beat out the ps exclusives. My bad.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: Metro is one of the games I'm talking about. Control is the other and most of these titles are due to Raytracing. I can name maybe 3 more... again a small percentage. Nearly half the top 20 are PS4 exclusives and you said 2 to 3 games?? .. no need to keep lying when your feelings get hurt.

So you admit lying... keep in mind DF wasn't the only source I was using over the past 8 years. Why would we use the opinion of three guys to judge the entire industry?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@zaryia: You realize you owned yourself lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 R-Gamer

@vfighter: He always owns himself .

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Pretty sure I had some DF "best graphics of 2019" vid playing in the background at some point. Wasn't some singular winner thing, each dude had their list and a top pick.

Wanna say it was Metro and Death Stranding.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@Pedro said:
@fastnslowww said:

It was a developers conference...meant for, that right "developers". Don't let it ruin the hype.

The meant for the developers is a farce.

Of course, it's a farce. The devs have dev kits for probably a year now and they are actively developing games for it. They already had all the documentation they need. Only idiots really believe they were waiting for Cerny's 1 hour presentation to teach them how to develop for it. Also, no matter how much people like to say otherwise both XSX and PS5 are still just closed PC's.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Metro is one of the games I'm talking about. Control is the other and most of these titles are due to Raytracing. I can name mabye 3 more... again a small percentage.

Hush, it's time to sleep.

DF QUOTES on the "minor" differences of various games:

Gear 5's PC port is a remarkable piece of work. In fact, in my opinion, it's very, very close to being one of the best PC conversions of all-time.

Whether it's a case of tomorrow's technology today, or simply all about getting the most out of Gears 5 across a vast range of PC gamig hardware, the key takeaway is pretty straightforward: The Coalition's work here is exemplary - and sets the standard for other PC ports in virtually every regard.

[Too much to quote from Witcher 3 article so I'll skip that]

Overall though, this is a scalable port that looks simply beautiful, and rewards PC gamers with a big bunch of additional extras and options over console players. Square-Enix has pushed the boat out here to really show us what their engine can do, and it's been fantastic to return to this game and to really see what the Luminous technology is capable of delivering.

Kingdom Come Deliverance on PC offers hugeupgrades over console

What we're dealing with in Metro Exodus is a PC version that clearly stands apart from its console counterparts, both in terms of performance and the visual feature set,

Shadow quality, water refraction quality, parallax occlusion mapping and aspects of tessellation correlate with PC's high setting, but elsewhere, consoles don't go near the higher end of the PC version's spec.

Beyond that though, Control is absolutely a showcase release. With all of the ray tracing settings maxed, it is a legitimate look into the future of real time rendering- but even without, it's a stunning PC title that comes highly recommended.

Ultimately though, despite a small number of issues, there's little doubt in my mind that Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a great PC release, much improved experience compared to any of the console releases.

When running on faster hardware, the results are certainly more in line with expectations and it becomes possible to produce visuals that greatly exceed

It looks better than the PS4 version and has the benefit higher resolutions and frame-rates.

Maybe your eyes just suck? Or more likely, you don't have a high end gaming rig or proper display.

@r-gamer said:

keep in mind DF wasn't the only source I was using

Oh. So it was useless bullshit. Cool, keep your opinions to yourself. The big boys are talking.

PS5, like PS4 and PS3, will be competing for the 2nd place in GFX (which includes FPS). Again, it will likely only have 2 or 3 games that can even begin to touch PC after a period of 8 years (one gen). While PC piles up 100's of titles that are god tier.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Zaryia

@vfighter said:

@zaryia: You realize you owned yourself lol.

Uhh....Woosh.

@r-gamer said:

Sony will probably continue to win best graphic awards every year.

@r-gamer said:

It's kind of too easy sometimes to play people into my hands.

@r-gamer said:

@vfighter: He always owns himself .

I've beaten the both of you in every single debate we've ever had using reputable citation. This time in {System Wars} it's Digital Foundry, next time it might be the GAO or NASA in the {Political Forum}.

"No man those peer reviewed studies are false because [leaves thread]".

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: Lol more self ownage.. couldn't even come up with more then 5 games and then you used Gears 5 which is sad because the XSX has higher settings then the PC!

DF doesn't say the opposite... lol your either blind or can't read.

HZD took it in 2017. Spiderman/RDR2 took in 2018( RDR wasn't even on PC) and the PC smuck said BF5 because of Raytracing.

And DS and Metro took it in 2019.

So the past 3 years DF gave the award its

3 PS exclusives

1 PS/Xbox multiplat

2 PS/Xbox/PC multiplat

So by your rules the PC had 2 winners! Lol looks like its fighting for second.

You just got owned again!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 PC_Rocks

Since people are again lying about Sony First Party and downplaying other devs, A reminder of flagship Sony exclusive 3 years later vs last gen PC game:

Loading Video...

Stop trying to compete with the PC's best, first beat the last gen PC games. Baby steps.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 R-Gamer

@pc_rocks: UC4 shit stomps Crysis 3.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

couldn't even come up with more then 5 games

I listed 8 games....and I can keep going.

This is some next level gas-lighting.

@r-gamer said:

DF doesn't say the opposite... lol your either blind or can't read.

Uhh...

• huge upgrades over console
  • visuals that greatly exceed
  • much improved experience compared to any of the console releases.
  • version that clearly stands apart from its console counterparts
  • legitimate look into the future of real time rendering
  • it's very, very close to being one of the best PC conversions of all-time.

"MINOR!"

DF is wrong? Citation? Have you ever played a high end PC recently? Bad vision? Troll account?

@r-gamer said:

So the past 3 years DF gave the award its

@r-gamer said:

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: DF hasn't given the award since 2012 they started in 2017. You claimed PC won at DF the past 8 years and you lied!. Since 2017( since they gave awards) they are second place. This is by your rules since we only use DF.

My count was accurate. PS4 3, PC2 XB 1...

You lose!

Unless you link the awards from 2012, 2013 and show the PC won I consider this another loss for you.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PC_Rocks

Actually I think I have gone too far. Crysis 3 doesn't need to br brought up. I think I should have gone with Metro 2033 from 2010. If I remember correctly the Redux had to be downgraded to make it run on PS4 and there's still not a single console game that has fully dynamic lighting with the scope of Metro 2033. 10 years and counting. Baby steps!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

DF has given the award since 2012.

@r-gamer said:

HUH!? So which is it?

You having some kind of meltdown?

I suggest getting a gaming rig to solve that issue. I wouldn't want to play the bad version of most major releases for 8 years in a row. It would drive me insane too.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

My count was accurate. PS4 3, PC2 XB 1...

Citation? PC has 4 wins since 2018 alone. RDR2, Metro, DS, BF5. You do get multiplat wins are PC wins since those games look best on PC right?

As I said, PS4 only has HZD (1 win) and that is going to be taken away as soon as it's on PC. 0 wins this gen!

Also PC has dozens contenders while PS4 has a handful. Several AAA's on Ultra beat anything on PS4.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@pc_rocks: UC4 shit stomps Crysis 3.

Witcher 3 (mods), Metro, FC5, BFV, BF1, Gears5, RDR2, Control, etc. on PC ULTRA stomps UC4. (Well anything on PS4 actually)

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: DS and RDR2 were not on PC when they won the award. RDR2 came to PC in 2019 and wasn't nominated. DS still isn't on PC.

Again PS4 3, PC 2, XB1 1.

By your own rules PS4 won at DF...

Take the L!

Sorry my typo confused you, but it doesn't change the fact you lied. DF didn't give awards in 2012. You made the 8 year claim and you specifically mentioned DF.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#132 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6054 Posts

" And I kind of expected that I would."

Cos he already knew what it would be.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

when they won the award.

But you said there was no award at DF. Are you having a meltdown?

@r-gamer said:

RDR2 came to PC in 2019 and wasn't nominated.

Arbitrary nonsense.

Acting like I won't continue to put RDR2 on a list of PC games that look better than anything on PS4 when played on Ultra because of a fake cut-off date.

Save up for a gaming PC, I assure you it's easier than twisting yourself with weird illogical nonsense like this.

@r-gamer said:

By your own rules PS4 won at DF...

So 1 win for PS4, HZD.

PC games have the most mentions at DF's end of year videos from 2012-2020. It has 4 alone since 2017, which is more than PS4. This includes RDR2 and soon DS. Multiplats are auto wins for PC, as they look best on PC.

If you want the best (and most of the best) gfx - you get a PC. Not PS4 to experience 1 or 2 after 8 years (neither of which make it 1st place).

HZD is literally your only contender now even when reviewing those DF vids. While on PC I can list several. And even HZD is comming to PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Pedro  Online

Lol @ arguing about better graphics. Games look so freaking great these days that the argument is pretty useless especially when we are talking about high budget games. Fancy graphics is nothing special. But it is fun even if it stupid.😂

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Zaryia

@Pedro said:

Lol @ arguing about better graphics. Games look so freaking great these days that the argument is pretty useless especially when we are talking about high budget games. Fancy graphics is nothing special. But it is fun even if it stupid.😂

Agreed. In which case it's better to list which system has the most of these games which one can subjectively debate against.

In which case PC takes the cake.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 VFighter

@zaryia: This whole narrative that you've never lost a debate or argument is laughable at best, pathetic at worst, now cross out what I wrote and make sure you use a lot of bolded words lol. You're so predictable.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Zaryia

@vfighter said:

@zaryia: This whole narrative that you've never lost a debate or argument is laughable at best

What is awesome is that with you I have actually bookmarked the wins.

• https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ughseems-every-pc-game-is-filled-with-cheaters-33458974/?page=3#js-message-356215054
  • https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/did-trump-and-the-far-right-accidentally-create-sj-33458326/?page=1#js-message-356206366
  • https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/us-successfully-removes-sexual-health-references-f-33457477/?page=1#js-message-356195158
  • https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/white-supremacist-coast-guard-lieutenant-was-alleg-33452614/?page=1#js-message-356124703
  • https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/milla-jovovich-opens-up-about-emergency-abortion-33459451/?page=1#js-message-356222428

You're very easy. It's because the things you say are objectively wrong. So that makes it simple.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 VFighter

@zaryia: You thinking you "won" is very different from you actually winning. But what's even sadder is you have them bookmarked, lmao, I'm in your head 24/7. I dont know how I feel about that, a little creeped out if I'm being honest.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: @zaryia: Lol your lying your ass off and just making shit up. Most mentions at DF???? Your just making shit up now. If that's the new standard the PC still loses because I can at least a dozen PS4 exclusives that make up the top 20. UC4, God of War , SoC, The Order 1886, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, GTS, DC, Infamous SS have all been featured on there respective year end tech videos.

You said the PC won the most awards at DF over the past 8 years. They only crowned winners the past 3 years... so you lied!

I said the PS will continue to win most the best graphics awards( it will) and you made up the BS DF rule and it bit you in the ass.

I counted the awards and it's as follows

PS4 3, PC2, XB1 1

You are counting DS on PC eventhough it's not even out on PC yet! And if you want to count RDR2 on PC for top 100 that's fine but it never won best visuals for PC. It may also not even be best on PC when the new consoles come out. Take Gears 5 as an example which looks superior on XSX.

Ps: it looks like you lose alot of debates to VFighter as well.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@boxrekt said:

XSX has a split memory setup with 10GB of high speed ram for games and 6GB of slower speed ram split between OS and 3D Sound which will further increase bottlenecks.

Scenario 1

For XSX GPU memory bandwdith

1st slice, 26 GB/s x 6 = 156 GB/s potential

2nd slice, 26 GB/s x 6 = 156 GB/s potential

3rd slice, 56 GB/s x 4 = 224‬ GB/s potential

IF CPU consumes 50 GB/s from 1st slice i.e. 156 - 50 = 106 then the total GPU bandwdith is 486 GB/s

----

For PS5 GPU memory bandwdith

448 - 50 = 398‬ GB/s

-----

XSX GPU has 22% memory bandwidth advantage.

PS5 GPU takes slightly more than half a penalty hit (ie. 4.5%) like RX 5600 OC 36 CU (336GB/s) vs RX 5700 36 CU (448 GB/s)= 8% performance hit.

XSX vs PS5 GPU performance gap is about 23% to 24.5%

Not factoring TFLOPS scaling issues with gimp GPU memory bandwidth.

FAIL!

LMFAO...why are you trying to apply numbers to PS5 as if it has the same I/O set up as XSX? 🤦‍♂️

IF CPU consumes 50 GB/s from 1st slice i.e. 156 - 50 = 106 then the total GPU bandwdith is 486 GB/s

----

For PS5 GPU memory bandwdith

448 - 50 = 398‬ GB/s

-----

lol wut!

For one thing the performance of XSX I/O set up is asymmetrical.

That's error # 1 for you.

PS5's is not!

The asymmetric configuration used for X1X can lead to reduced bandwidth once the symmetrical portion is full. The PlayStation 5 configuration, on the other hand, allows a static bandwidth for the entire 16 GB of GDDR6.

The PS5 does not have the bottlenecks of X1X's asymmetrical configuration.

Another correction for your graph claiming 16GB at 560GB/s.....

The XSX has 2.5 GB reserved for system functions, so the max ram XSX will ever have for games is 13.5GB/s, not 16GB/s. The XSX will also only have 10GB of interleaved memory operating at 560 GB/s for game utilization before it has to start "lowering" the effective bandwidth, PS5 never has to lower it's bandwidth. The XSX mixes and matches memory types which is another bottleneck that PS5 does not have. The XSX is either at a disadvantage in total available memory vs PS5's full 16GB or the PS5 will be more efficient when more intensive games require more memory and XSX is bottlenecked by having to mix it's memory further taxing CPU resources.

That's error #2

As I already pointed out to you PS5 is designed completely different.

Look at this graph to understand how PS5 and XSX are different in design.

PS5's custom hardware is seamlessly marries the SSD to the main processor. A custom flash marries up to the SSD modules via a 12 channel interface, delivering the required 5.5GB/s of performance with a total of 825GB of storage. The controller itself hooks up to the main processor via a four-lane PCI Express 4.0 interconnect, and contains a number of bespoke hardware blocks designed to eliminate SSD bottlenecks. The system has six priority levels, meaning that developers can literally prioritize the delivery of data according to the game's needs.

A dedicated DMA controller (equivalent to one or two Zen 2 cores in performance terms) directs data to where it needs to be, while two dedicated, custom processors handle I/O and memory mapping. On top of that, coherency engines operate as housekeepers of sorts.

RELEVANT QUOTES FROM Mark Cerny:

"Coherency comes up in a lot of places, probably the biggest coherency issue is stale data in the GPU caches," explains Cerny in his presentation. "Flushing all the GPU caches whenever the SSD is read is an unattractive option - it could really hurt the GPU performance - so we've implemented a gentler way of doing things, where the coherency engines inform the GPU of the overwritten address ranges and custom scrubbers in several dozen GPU caches do pinpoint evictions of just those address ranges."

All of this is delivered to developers without them needing to do anything. Even the decompression is taken care of by the custom silicon. "You just indicate what data you'd like to read from your original, uncompressed file, and where you'd like to put it, and the whole process of loading it happens invisibly to you and at very high speed," Cerny explains.

Now look at the current gen bottlenecks our standard SSDs have to address.

• Check in and Load Management
  • File I/O
  • Mapping
  • Coherency
  • Decompression

With bottlenecks a 10X faster drive can be reduced to less that 2x it's actual speed.

This is how standard SSD's are set up and the bottlenecks XSX will encounter.

This, however, is how PS5's design!

With it's bottleneck-less custom I/O configuration by Mark Cerny this is how PS5 will perform.

100% utilization at all times with no speed loss.

All this before even adding in the Tempest engine for audio which further reduces CPU utilization and CU usage.

Error #3

PS5's design ensures it will never have the bandwidth issues XSX does.

There is no comparison between the to hardware designs.

The XSX simply has a slower interface than PlayStation 5's. The solution used by Mark Cerny allows for better data management within the RAM as well, allowing for less frequent reloading of data into the RAM, improving system efficiency.

You want to apply XSX inferior I/0 configuration to PS5 but you simply can't. It's configuration is a generation behind PS5's.

The XSX is a more powerful high end PC like console, but it's still using a last gen configuration that will hinder some of it's impressive sounding specs. The PS5, however, is more advanced in it's design and will allow developers to do more things in less time because of it's powerful SSD and bottleneck crushing I/O configuration built in at a hardware level and will allow for more advanced next generation games.

There isn't anything to be worried about regarding 3rd party however because in 90% of all games devs will shoot for a middle ground between both systems. A few games will favor XSX and a few will favor PS5, but if you're expecting some huge advantage in favor of XSX with simple 3rd party games, you're just going to be really disappointed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Pedro  Online

@boxrekt: All of that babble because you can't handle the fact that the Series X is a stronger performer across the board when it comes to memory, CPU and GPU. No amount of argument can change that fact. Time for you to focus on the PS5 games. You know, like Godfall. ;)

Also you don't know what you are talking about for the Series X. So, please stop.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

I counted the awards and it's as follows

PS4 3, PC2, XB1 1

Liar In the last 4 years ALONE PC has gotten 4. That's 3 more than PS4 which has only gotten 1 (HZD).

Like DS, HZD will soon be on PC. Giving PC 5 and PS4 0. And that's just since 2018. A majority of games mentioned are on PC.

And that't not even mentioning the fact PC is currently GFX KING, and has the most GFX KINGS.

@r-gamer said: I can at least a dozen PS4 exclusives that make up the top 20.

I can name far more multiplats that are on PC and look better than PS4 games, theres dozens.

@r-gamer said:

It may also not even be best on PC when the new consoles come out.

Like the last 3 gens, almost every major AAA video game will look and run better on PC next gen. Look at Digital Foundry Face Offs, most that have PC state PC is the best version.

Why play the worst version of most games over the course of 8 years? Poor?

That sucks!

@r-gamer said:

Ps: it looks like you lose alot of debates to VFighter as well.

Gas-Lighting.

In one instance he literally said "XYZ" and then I showed an official W.H.O document or Britannica directly stating the opposite.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Zaryia
@vfighter said:

@zaryia: You thinking you "won" is very different from you actually winning.

You can explain to me how this isn't objectively winning a debate:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

It also doesn't make it constitutional when you put it in big, bold letters and you have a bunch of people agreeing with you.

@zaryia

Encyclopedia Britannica:

Roe v. Wade: Roe v. Wade (1973) is the legal case in which the U.S. Supreme Court first recognized a constitutional right to obtain an abortion.

Be specific.

There are more examples but I picked the simplest.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: All of that babble because you can't handle the fact that the Series X is a stronger performer across the board when it comes to memory, CPU and GPU. No amount of argument can change that fact. Time for you to focus on the PS5 games. You know, like Godfall. ;)

Also you don't know what you are talking about for the Series X. So, please stop.

And MS will continue to have little to no good exclusives next gen.....they simply don't give a shit. ALSO, going by what devs are saying and the PS5 has it's advantages...don't be suprised if you see games on the PS5 that look and perform better on it.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: The PC has won 2...

The PS4 has won 3.

You counting awards before a game is released is ridiculous and yet again shows your logic and arguments are awful.

So again by your logic PS5 will probably have better versions of DS, HZD and RDR2 dropping the PC down to 1.

4 to one the gap has grown bigger in favor of PS.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: The PC has won 2...

PC has 4, PS4 has 1. Multiplats are PC wins. Soon to be PC 5 and PS4 0. And that's just since 2018. Witcher 3 was one of their winners.

So it's actually 5:1 at the moment.

Also, forgetting the top mentions, PC has dozones upon dozens of contenders. PS4 has around 5. On top of this, PC is currently gfx king.

So it's actually 100+ games vs 2 at the moment. (HZD and GOW5?)

More importantly, imagine playing the bad version of games for 8 years. WHY!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#148 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6054 Posts

@fastnslowww said:
@Pedro said:

And MS will continue to have little to no good exclusives next gen.....they simply don't give a shit. ALSO, going by what devs are saying and the PS5 has it's advantages...don't be suprised if you see games on the PS5 that look and perform better on it.

Id be surprised to see the same game looking and running better on PS5.

Secret sauce has been proven to be damage control in previous generations.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

This thread has predictably gone to shit lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: More lies. PS4 has over a dozen games mentioned. I listed them earlier. With the PS5 the PC may have 0. Imagine paying $1500 two years ago only to get beat by a $400 prebuilt box. Ouch!

HZD and DS pretty much a lock to be best on PS5.. I expect RDR2 as well. And with visual enhancement to current exclusives PS5 may take the entire top 20.