judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

Makes me appreciate how the PS3 could be placed vertical or horizontal all by itself. No extra stand needed because they didn't add some protruding bullshit on the sides to make it unbalanced.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Looks ugly, no better than the original.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

They had all this time….and still went for the air conditioner with a beer belly design?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

@SolidGame_basic: Oh, so Sony also has a digital only version. It's almost like... Sony is also thinking "digital first"?

Poor @hardwenzen

@dabear I guess you just overlooked this option for the ps5 Digital. Unlike xbsex moving forward, Sony gives its fans an option to buy a disc player attachment.

Sony wants you to buy the digital version of the new PS5. By creating an add-on that will exceed the cost of the PS5 that includes the BR drive, they have clearly demonstrated they want you to avoid the disc.

They will most likely produce quite a few more digital versions of the PS5 than physical to encourage digital purchases. Not to mention, over charging for the add-on making it more expensive than both skus lol.

Let's not start with a $30 vertical stand, that used to be included lol.

Sony is going all digital and all gouging.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22825 Posts

Easy pass.... Not a pro model, just the same innards that have been thus far easy to pass on as well. I'll wait till the price and value match before going in. If they released a dedicated handheld id be more urgent to purchase.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KvallyX

Wait, so this is more expensive, and you get less and doesn't have any performance improvements?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

That's pretty cool. I like the detachable disc drive.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

@SolidGame_basic: Oh, so Sony also has a digital only version. It's almost like... Sony is also thinking "digital first"?

Poor @hardwenzen

@dabear I guess you just overlooked this option for the ps5 Digital. Unlike xbsex moving forward, Sony gives its fans an option to buy a disc player attachment.

And how do you know the digital XSX is going to replace the launch XSX? How do you know MS won't sell a USB blu-ray player? Oh wait, you don't - you just know about a partial leak and are running with it. LMAO@U

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KvallyX

@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

Poor @hardwenzen

And how do you know the digital XSX is going to replace the launch XSX? How do you know MS won't sell a USB blu-ray player? Oh wait, you don't - you just know about a partial leak and are running with it. LMAO@U

There is a reason the mods close every single thread the daredevil makes. He talks out of his ass too much.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sealionact

lol….not only is the digital version more expensive than the current console, it only comes with a horizontal stand, and Sony are charging 30 bucks if you want to place your console vertical.

Shame on Sony.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39388 Posts

@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

Poor @hardwenzen

Because the new will be less expensive to produce, and when the stock for the og X is depleted, the digital X is all there's gonna be. But for you that's not a problem because you're full digital, right?😂😂😂😂😂😂

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

Poor @hardwenzen

Because the new will be less expensive to produce, and when the stock for the og X is depleted, the digital X is all there's gonna be. But for you that's not a problem because you're full digital, right?😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's all speculation. The new SKU was labeled "Digital Xbox Series X". There is no mention of a replacement for the launch XSX.

And yes, I really don't care if it is all digital. I won't be getting it because I already have an XSX.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

Poor @hardwenzen

That's all speculation. The new SKU was labeled "Digital Xbox Series X". There is no mention of a replacement for the launch XSX.

And yes, I really don't care if it is all digital. I won't be getting it because I already have an XSX.

Any bad news to you is just speculation, and when its official, you will find an excuse such as "i never cared, i am 100% digital, anyways"😂😂😂

The fact that you have trouble seeing this being the reality when they're pushing gamepass this hard (especially after blizzard titles come to gp), tells me that you're blinded by your fanboyism, and you refuse to see what's happening around you.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6050 Posts

Another in a long line of milking strategy Sony is implementing

They really are the worst of the companies right now.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By super600
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@sealionact said:

lol….not only is the digital version more expensive than the current console, it only comes with a horizontal stand, and Sony are charging 30 bucks if you want to place your console vertical.

Shame on Sony.

This announcement might have killed the idea of a a $500 USD PS5 pro to.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6410 Posts

Geez, Sony has released more price rises than games this gen 🤦‍♂️

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:

Any bad news to you is just speculation, and when its official, you will find an excuse such as "i never cared, i am 100% digital, anyways"😂😂😂

The fact that you have trouble seeing this being the reality when they're pushing gamepass this hard (especially after blizzard titles come to gp), tells me that you're blinded by your fanboyism, and you refuse to see what's happening around you.

Check my above comment - I already have said I am 100% digital. Plus, why would I buy a new XSX when I already have one? This is not a Xbox One vs XBox One X. Games will not run better on the new SKU.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Not a very impressive announcement. I kid you not, I have 6 fat PS5's so I won't be getting this. I know it's getting crushed in sales but I really think the Xbox Series X was the most well made system this gen, I have 5 of those.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Check my above comment - I already have said I am 100% digital. Plus, why would I buy a new XSX when I already have one? This is not a Xbox One vs XBox One X. Games will not run better on the new SKU.

Exactly, you're already ready to damage control the all digital Xbox Series X days by stating that even in 2023, you were already 100% digital. You're literally proving my point. So that speculation you were talking about, isn't speculation at all, you're simply not wanting it to become the reality because if it does, your favorite system will get sooo much shit. So yea, keep telling yourself that its all speculations and rumors until MS announces it officially, and when it does, pretend you never cared, and point out to your 2023 posts showing that you're 100% digital. You lems are too easy.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#70 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

Another price increase by Sony? What are they doing this gen? Lack of games but numerous price increases. Generally, consoles go down in price, not up. It is becoming harder and harder to support Sony and their business practices.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 arkephonic

I went 100% digital after I sold my massive video game collection and I haven't experienced a moment yet where it's been a problem. I actually prefer the ability to launch games without a disc. It's just the future, always look to PC for the way things should be. Like imagine having to change a cartridge in your phone for every time you open a new app. Physical media is archaic and that's just a fact, it's on its way out.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@omegamaster said:

Only 0.7kg lighter. Meh

Uhm, it's actually about 1.3kg lighter.

That's true. But I got the 2022 PS5 model and it's supposed to be lighter than the 2020 model

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 arkephonic

@omegamaster said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@omegamaster said:

Only 0.7kg lighter. Meh

That's true. But I got the 2022 PS5 model and it's supposed to be lighter than the 2020 model

It is, there's 3 versions of the fat PS5 and you can find teardown videos on YouTube. The latest SKU takes up very little space inside that big case, and it's very lightweight. They probably just took the 3rd fat PS5's guts and put it in this smaller case, which it would easily fit in.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I always said a smaller version of the PS5 would look sick in that design, but how did Sony f**k THAT up. It looks shit.

That said, I'll very likely get a PS5 Slim. The size of the original PS5, was a deal breaker for me. I want one I can tuck away.

@shadyacshuns said:

Looks really cheap, but it costs more now?

It really does. I'm shocked Sony f**ked this up. It somehow looks worse than the original. I never thought the original looked cheap, just looked like an abomination. But for me, the slim is the only option.

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

It looks like a tie.

But I gotta hand it to Sony, making a slim version of every console and every handheld they've ever done has become their hallmark.

If the PS6 ends up weighing 50KG and needs a forklift to be wheeled into my house I can always go "eh, I'mma wait for the slim version"

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:

Most of the leaked Xbox stuff was just prototyped ideas. It also mentioned some handheld and the TV streaming thing that got canned and a different updated version of the Series S that got canned. Instead they went for one with a 1TB storage upgrade.

Some stupid ideas make it, see PS Portal. This time MS has had the benefit to get a feel for the public reaction.

I honestly think the chances of a digital Series X is slim, unless the idea was to have an affordable Series S, a mid priced digital Series X and an expensive disc based Series X like the PS5. That may be a consideration, but MS might consider it would be one too many SKUs at this point and ditch the idea. But dropping physical discs mid gen just will not happen. It's weird and would cause Xbox unnecessary problems.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

Poor @hardwenzen

There is a reason the mods close every single thread the daredevil makes. He talks out of his ass too much.

@dabear data shows that majority of xbox owners are poor which is why XBSES is the console that has majority hold over at XBOX camp. Also Data shows that Lems are very poor which is why they don't buy games any more, so why would MS make an usb player for a console that lems are to poor to buy games for (hence GP)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

As hideous as the OG is (and this isn't much better), not dropping more bills for a slim. Next system/upgrade is either gonna be Switch 2 or RTX 5 series.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@lundy86_4 said:

As hideous as the OG is (and this isn't much better), not dropping more bills for a slim. Next system/upgrade is either gonna be Switch 2 or RTX 5 series.

I can't believe that. I thought for sure a slim version of the PS5 design would look amazing.

The slim version of the PS One, TWO and THREE looked really good. PS3 Slim actually looked classy imo.

This though... It looks like a Chinese knock off. :-O

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Most of the leaked Xbox stuff was just prototyped ideas. It also mentioned some handheld and the TV streaming thing that got canned and a different updated version of the Series S that got canned. Instead they went for one with a 1TB storage upgrade.

Some stupid ideas make it, see PS Portal. This time MS has had the benefit to get a feel for the public reaction.

I honestly think the chances of a digital Series X is slim, unless the idea was to have an affordable Series S, a mid priced digital Series X and an expensive disc based Series X like the PS5. That may be a consideration, but MS might consider it would be one too many SKUs at this point and ditch the idea. But dropping physical discs mid gen just will not happen. It's weird and would cause Xbox unnecessary problems.

When Microsoft exits gaming in 2027-2028, lets see how prototypish it was😂

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

@sealionact: imagine charging $30 to place the console vertically. 🤣 🤣 🤣. Cows got to be milked HARDER.

On top of that, a $50 increase for the digital version, and $80 extra if you want to get an external disc drive later.

You'd have to be an idiot to buy a digital ps5, get the disc drive later, and then pay another $30 to put it vertically.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

MS exiting gaming completely is such a dumb take, you know why? At worst, let's say MS quits Xbox hardware, and becomes fully multiplat tonight, they'd literally be one of the biggest and most successful publishers in the world by morning. Xbox/Zenimax/ABK is a shit ton of ips across all platforms including mobile. Xbox quitting hardware only, is really the worst case scenario.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

I know this generation has been wacky with COVID and all that, but this is just ridiculous. Maybe im not giving enough credit to all the factors, but how can this be justified? Let's look at the past PlayStations.Console Prices

PS1 launch - $299, 3 years later - $129

PS2 launch - $299, 3 years later - $179

PS3 launch - $499 20GB /$599 60GB, 3 years later - $299 120GB(slim) & 80GB/ $399 160GB

PS4 launch - $399, 3 years later - $299

PS5 launch - $399 (digital) $499 (disc), 3 years later - $449 (digital) $499 (disc)

I didn't want a PS5 at launch, and I sure as f#ck don't want one now. So the question is, who wants this? What are you playing? Can it be argued that anyone buying this isn't an idiot? Is this just par for the course in this modern world of goof? Can we please stop making the worst decisions possible?!

Loading Video...

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sealionact

@blaznwiipspman1: Oh sweet Jesus. I’ve just seen that it’s the vertical stand that costs extra. I just assumed it was the horizontal…that’s unbelievable, and no wonder Cows are raging at Sony on their twitter…uh, “x”. It’s a shitstorm.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 hardwenzen  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

MS exiting gaming completely is such a dumb take, you know why? At worst, let's say MS quits Xbox hardware, and becomes fully multiplat tonight, they'd literally be one of the biggest and most successful publishers in the world by morning. Xbox/Zenimax/ABK is a shit ton of ips across all platforms including mobile. Xbox quitting hardware only, is really the worst case scenario.

Its not a take, but a plan by Phil himself.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

@sealionact: yep..i dont know anyone who puts the ps5 horizontally. The funny thing is that all the components got cheaper than they were 3 years ago, but they couldn't even keep the price the same.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@Chutebox said:

So they essentially raised the price of no disc version by 50 bucks.

Likely because leaving it at $399 would have made that plus the disk drive $20 cheaper than the version with the Blu Ray drive.

I'm assuming they'll claim chip-shortage, inflation when asked, if they comment at all.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dabear

@daredevils2k: Link?

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1273 Posts

Time to get one. I don't think Sony or MS is making a Pro version this time around.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Why they would keep the exact design and not refresh the look a little is baffling. At least make it black.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:

Because you might be one of those "who cares about physical", and then you wake up a few years down the road, and see how much better physical is. By simply reading the blog post of this annoucement, you will see plenty of people in the comments section regretting getting the digital ps5, and wanting the drive to be compatible with their system.

So everything I wrote in the text you responded to was spot on? Damn. I'm good. :)

Nothing to do with not being able to find it (even tho, during covid days, of course some found themselves in that situation). Its simply telling yourself that you don't need physical because digital is the future, and then, you quickly find out that there's ZERO advantages of going full digital. Digital on consoles is a big joke. Paying the same price as a physical copy (which, btw, in many cases its actually more expensive to purchase digital than physical), is so incredibly dumb. Digital defenders are always mentioning pc, but pc gets a price discount by 20-30% on day one, sales happen much more often, and they're actual sales, not the $4.99 discount memes we see on the PS store.

I'm talking about when this slim model comes out for the holiday season and the disc versions get bought out, and thus others have to "compromise" and get the digital and "attachment" drive. Even then, I don't understand why anyone would go digital if they're not fully committed. I'm strictly digital, seldom ever buy disc.

Typically I get disc for games I know I will play once, like AC Mirage, and sell it. Even still, digital all the way for me, personally. Why do I have a disc PS5? Because that's all I could find. LOL

That's the thing, many think they're set for 100% digital, but when you're stuck with digital only for over a year, you quickly find out how inferior it all is, and what a mistake it was to buy a system that can't play physical copies.

I haven't bought a single physical copy in over 5 years. You sir are wrong.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@saint-george said:

ps5....ps5 slim...ps5 pro and no games.

The scalpers will be happy,and the gulible will buy 🤡

The only next gen platform that have more games than the ps5 is the switch (4 year head start).

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45320 Posts

I think the detachable drive is a great idea, but I wasn’t imagining them putting it on the console itself. I thought it would be a plug and play kind of thing. Either way, hope Sony continues with the idea for the next systems. Other than that, the Slim disc version is ugly ! Also, I assume we can’t use our existing custom covers? either way, I don’t think I’m getting this!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By omegaMaster

@arkephonic said:
@omegamaster said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@omegamaster said:

Only 0.7kg lighter. Meh

It is, there's 3 versions of the fat PS5 and you can find teardown videos on YouTube. The latest SKU takes up very little space inside that big case, and it's very lightweight. They probably just took the 3rd fat PS5's guts and put it in this smaller case, which it would easily fit in.

Precisely. I only discovered this today.

MODELYEARDISC DRIVEDIGITAL
CFI-10XX20209.9 lbs (4.5 kg)8.6 lbs (3.9 kg)
CFI-11XX20219.25 lbs (4.2 kg)7.9 lbs (3.6 kg)
CFI-12XX20228.6 lbs (3.9 kg)7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)

Going to have a look on Youtube. Didn't know Sony were slimming down inside the fat PS5. Going to take a look on YouTube.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9411 Posts

Would love to see them ditch the liquid metal. I just can't see that being good for the longevity of these things.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

The digital had to go up, or they had to price the disc drive higher(could have made the drive $99). I'm not sure why it was so cheap to begin with though. $100 more than a series S is a crazy bargain. I think $449 is priced right for what you get. Now that the gens half over though, those prices should have dropped. I guess they will once PS5 Pro gets announced.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2587 Posts

They aren’t even proofreading their slides over there at PlayStation. Just low effort all around

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By arkephonic

@omegamaster said:
@arkephonic said:
@omegamaster said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@omegamaster said:

Only 0.7kg lighter. Meh

Going to have a look on Youtube. Didn't know Sony were slimming down inside the fat PS5. Going to take a look on YouTube.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

It honest to God looks like a Vulva. Now that I've said it you can't unsee it.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 omegaMaster

@arkephonic said:
@omegamaster said:
@arkephonic said:
@omegamaster said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Lol that's the video I watched. Very interesting.