xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The number one game on PlayStation from April is on Gamepass. How does that feel NathanDrakeSwag? 🤣🤣

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9563 Posts

@regnaston said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Screw the haters with the highest post count in the thread. This is awesome news! Glad this game did well. Congrats to housemarque! They deserve the success they are enjoying, and I hope everyone who got the game is enjoying it as much as I am. I've been thourougly enjoying it.

Btw: turns out 70 USD for a game isn't really prohibitive at all.

Like I said to the TC without numbers (either units sold or revenue) you can not assume that people did not find $70 restrictive

It's in a top 3 spot after being available for 1 day in the month. That's quite a reasonable demonstration of the point alone when cheaper games were available the entire month and still didn't outsell it. Not really an argument, just maths.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@regnaston said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Screw the haters with the highest post count in the thread. This is awesome news! Glad this game did well. Congrats to housemarque! They deserve the success they are enjoying, and I hope everyone who got the game is enjoying it as much as I am. I've been thourougly enjoying it.

Btw: turns out 70 USD for a game isn't really prohibitive at all.

Like I said to the TC without numbers (either units sold or revenue) you can not assume that people did not find $70 restrictive

It's in a top 3 spot after being available for 1 day in the month. That's quite a reasonable demonstration of the point alone when cheaper games were available the entire month and still didn't outsell it. Not really an argument, just maths.

sorry it means nothing without actual numbers... maybe it was a down month for sales across the board, maybe it was a massive month for sales... without numbers we do not know and so we can not draw conclusions from where it is in a top 10 list

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9563 Posts

@regnaston: Hard disagree. Again, it was available one day and topped games that always sell plenty on every platform and sell at cheaper prices like CoD.

Sounds like you're trying to downplay it more than anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Well... PS5 gamers really don't have a choice, now do they?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 regnaston

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@regnaston: Hard disagree. Again, it was available one day and topped games that always sell plenty on every platform and sell at cheaper prices like CoD.

Sounds like you're trying to downplay it more than anything.

not down playing anything.. it got #3 great... but you can not say that people were not turned off by the price point, because that data is not provided

I do know there is a British article that says it is off to a slower start than other Sony exlusives

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/uk_sales_charts_ps5_roguelike_returnal_off_to_slower_start_than_other_sony_exclusives

and that in week 2 it has slumped

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/uk_sales_charts_resident_evil_village_sells_best_on_ps5_ps4_with_80_percent_share

Last week's physical UK chart saw the arrival of a key PlayStation 5 exclusive: Returnal. It debuted in a promising second place, which isn't too shabby for a pretty niche, single platform title. Despite glowing reviews, however, the game's physical sales have slumped, with the stylish shooter now sitting in 15th. Still, we have to assume this will quickly become Housemarque's biggest seller, and we've yet to hear about its sales performance on PlayStation Store.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

Gamers charged £70 for MLB The Show 21. :-O

You just download it with Gamepass. XD

What Sony thinks about their fans:

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

People get so out of shape over games doing well. I get this is system wars and all, but I think any game that does well, and especially one that is helping further define a genre for the future is awesome. Not sure if I want to get the game now or not since I'm playing other things but the price isn't the thing holding me back. An extra $10 isn't a big deal. I know some are talking about the principle and all that and blah blah blah, but it is a non issue for me. I'll probably just ask my wife for the game at Christmas. I usually give her a list of a few games that can be picked up at a decent price... hell sometimes I even get around to playing them.

I also think it's awesome MLB The Show 21 is doing so well, it is easily my favorite Show title in a few years.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts
@Pedro said:

Celebrating third is Sony fannies new benchmark. 😂🤣

3rd Placestation 5

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Poo bovine brigade, flopped like a fish outta water...

I Herd breaks were back in stock but it was a lie. lol :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Lmao, Sony games causing a lot of salt 😄

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Lmao, Sony games causing a lot of salt 😄

You gotta appreciate the effort though. Especially with one of their own getting banned recently.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2154 Posts

Lemmings lost their minds. When Rachet and Clank drops I don't think any of them will survive.....GOOD!!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59323 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

An extra $10 isn't a big deal. I know some are talking about the principle and all that and blah blah blah, but it is a non issue for me.

How they want you to react and how they normalized practically every awful piece of shit in gaming now. No one took them to task.

Easy to blame gamers but general joe soccer mom consumer is ignorant. Mainly blame the gaming media. It's their job to inform the consumer, instead they are more interesting in serving the Publishers. They help push all this shit while simultaneously acting like the moral police when they are about as crooked as they come.

-

On an unrelated note just saw Jim Sterlings incredibly dumb video hand waving away any criticism because "it's just gaming" and it was "just that one guy playing cuphead". Like he hasn't spammed 900 repetitive videos or given shit hot-take reviews acting like they weren't hyperbole trying to bait people.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

Lemmings lost their minds. When Rachet and Clank drops I don't think any of them will survive.....GOOD!!!

So you say you're going to be spamming these boards?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39695 Posts

Honestly, this indie game has done more damage to lemmings than AAA titles from Sony. I hope none overheat like IP, tho. We need you crying on the forums, not get banned.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:

Honestly, this indie game has done more damage to lemmings than AAA titles from Sony. I hope none overheat like IP, tho. We need you crying on the forums, not get banned.

Wait--NathanDrake said this was a first of its kind AAA roguelike game, and now the other Playstation fan is calling it an indie game???

So which one is it then?

Am I sensing a civil war among the Playstation fanbase?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen  Online

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wait--NathanDrake said this was a first of its kind AAA roguelike game, and now the other Playstation fan is calling it an indie game???

So which one is it then?

Am I sensing a civil war among the Playstation fanbase?

Its a hybrid game, the first of its kind. Today it might be an indie game. Tomorrow its a massive AAA title. You just never know. This is the beauty of Sony exclusives, they do things that others can't even dream of achieving.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Loading Video...
regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 regnaston

@hardwenzen: you mean the part at the end where he realizes that the system isn't worth it and sells it to some sucker for $1000??? 😉

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#73 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70399 Posts

@regnaston: LOL troll backfired.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hardwenzen  Online

@regnaston said:

@hardwenzen: you mean the part at the end where he realizes that the system isn't worth it and sells it to some sucker for $1000??? 😉

You weren't supposed to watch the whole thing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:
@regnaston said:

You weren't supposed to watch the whole thing.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:
Loading Video...

Sitting through that video was about as intolerable as cooking bacon while shirtless.

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pedro

@jaydan:😂 That video was so stupid. I like.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hardwenzen  Online

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
Loading Video...

Sitting through that video was about as intolerable as cooking bacon while shirtless.

Loading Video...

Good good. Very good.