Single Player Games are 'THRIVING' according to Sony maybe Microsoft something else to say about this.

• 103 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news/71739/leaked-playstation-report-shows-single-player-games-are-thriving/#:~:text=Research%20from%20Sony%20Interactive%20Entertainment,are%20in%20fact%20%22thriving.%22

I'm honestly sick of Microsoft and their multiplayer focused trash games on gamepass. They can keep that garbage to themselves. Screw multiplayer I'm single player gamer. I always have been since I was born.

Singleplayer is still King its still #1 and always will be get over your multiplayer loot box dreams microsoft get with the rest of the gamers already.

It's all about big hitting games like Breath of the wilds, the Spiderman's, the demon soul's FU microsoft you piece of crap take your multiplayer 5/10 multiplayer trash and stick em back where you got em.

We want single player experiences...we are sick of loot boxes look what happened to marvel's avengers look at that trash can't even sell 1/15 the amount of copies of spiderman take your multiplayer trash and just get the hell out.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61520 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

I like both myself and I get plenty of that with Halo, Gears, Forza, and others. I also don’t simply buy games just because it’s a “single player” or a “multiplayer” game, I gotta also enjoy the actual game itself in general.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

Haven't MS invested heavily in single player studios?

Sure, they sucked during XB1 but at least they are fixing it.

Ninja Theory, InXile, Obsidian, Double Fine, Compulsion, etc

Single player games are coming, though I'm sure you hate on them anyway

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

The Gamepass model may lead to more focus on microtransaction focused multiplayer and DLCs with some sprinkle of single player projects. I still dont see how its sustainable for one and done single player on it especially when The Last of Us Part 2 reported costing over $100m and Microsft various cancelled projects like the Halo MMO and Fable legends reported costing around $75m - $110m.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Nice meltdown

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@sakaixx said:

The Gamepass model may lead to more focus on microtransaction focused multiplayer and DLCs with some sprinkle of single player projects. I still dont see how its sustainable for one and done single player on it especially when The Last of Us Part 2 reported costing over $100m and Microsft various cancelled projects like the Halo MMO and Fable legends reported costing around $75m - $110m.

Xbox sprinkling some microtransactions into halo inf, and gears and everything just cuz of gamepass. Just sprinkle multiplayer crap into everything Fable will have multiplayer by the time microsoft is done with it remember fable legends remember that?

Xbox sprinkling multiplayer into everything cuz of gamepass

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lundy86_4

@ProtossRushX said:

Xbox sprinkling some microtransactions into halo inf, and gears and everything just cuz of gamepass. Just sprinkle multiplayer crap into everything Fable will have multiplayer by the time microsoft is done with it remember fable legends remember that?

Do you remember the sprinkling of MP into Ghost of Tsushima?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371

@NathanDrakeSwag: What in the world does my tv have anything to do with the topic at hand?

Does harassing people online make you feel more like a man or something? 😐

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: What in the world does my tv have anything to do with the topic at hand?

Mentioning someone's TV is considered harassment now? I can't with these snowflakes...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

Isn't OP the bum who was harping on about how wonderful Classic WoW is? Do you just pick and choose what MP games to hate on?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4

@fedor said:

Isn't OP the bum who was harping on about how wonderful Classic WoW is? Do you just pick and choose what MP games to hate on?

TC just rambles and rambles... Not worth noting, TBH.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Mentioning someone's TV is considered harassment now? I can't with these snowflakes...

Snowflakes? Care to weigh in again?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Archangel3371

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yep it is because it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with gaming on a 1080p tv, especially when I don’t even have a system that is even capable of gaming at 4K. You keep on mentioning my tv and it’s gotten to the point of just being outright harassment now. I shouldn’t be surprised though as your just a toxic troll trying to fill whatever inadequacies that you have in your life. Hopefully one day your sad sorry ass will be banned from this place. 👋

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sakaiXx

@lundy86_4 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

No microtransactions though. Probably not yet 🥲

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lundy86_4

@sakaixx said:
@lundy86_4 said:

No microtransactions though. Probably not yet 🥲

Okay. Not the point I addressed, but yes, they haven't added MTs.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lundy86_4

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Dang man, that one stung you pretty bad huh? Lol

You just proved how right I am. You hermits are insecure and really desperate to participate in system wars even though no one cares about PC gaming.

Stung? Not a chance. You claimed snowflakes, but made a snowflake comment yourself. Congrats.

It's also funny how you claim Hermits want to partake in SW, and then make a post in a largely PC topic in order to... Partake in SW.

Jeez.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NathanDrakeSwag

@Archangel3371 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yep it is because it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with gaming on a 1080p tv, especially when I don’t even have a system that is even capable of gaming at 4K. You keep on mentioning my tv and it’s gotten to the point of just being outright harassment now. I shouldn’t be surprised though as your just a toxic troll trying to fill whatever inadequacies that you have in your life. Hopefully one day your sad sorry ass will be banned from this place. 👋

You want me banned when you're resorting to insults and profanity because I mentioned your television?! Yikes!

Way to show your true colors, man.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Well yeah. I generally only buy single player games unless there's a good co-op game. Sadly, co-op feels far more rare these days.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yep, I hope for the day that your sorry shitposting troll ass gets banned. If me displaying “my true colours” = not putting up with shit from you toxic posters then your god damn right son.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NathanDrakeSwag

@Archangel3371 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yep, I hope for the day that your sorry shitposting troll ass gets banned. If me displaying “my true colours” = not putting up with shit from you toxic posters then your god damn right son.

So what you're saying is you want a safe space where no one can offend you? Gotcha. It's sad to see you embrace cancel culture just because you're ashamed of your television.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Archangel3371

@NathanDrakeSwag: Nope. I just want to see harassers like you put in your place. Not embarrassed about my tv at all. It’s completely irrelevant to the topic at hand but that certainly doesn’t prevent you from constantly bringing it up regardless. That’s kind of the definition of harassment. Don’t use “cancel culture” as an excuse. You still haven’t answered the question as to what my tv has to do with this topic. You going to answer it or not?

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@ProtossRushX: fun fact. Did you know Halo 5 has more hours played than all PS5 exclusives put together since 2013-2019?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Sony's said a LOT of things lately that turned out to be lies, sooooo.

But it does raise a question, and if SP is thriving for Sony why are they charging for MP?

Oh and the OP doesn't play games his profile proves that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@sakaixx said:

That is a odd conclusion when the majority of the games on Gamepass are not multiplayer. 🤔

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag

@Archangel3371 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Nope. I just want to see harassers like you put in your place. Not embarrassed about my tv at all. It’s completely irrelevant to the topic at hand but that certainly doesn’t prevent you from constantly bringing it up regardless. That’s kind of the definition of harassment. Don’t use “cancel culture” as an excuse. You still haven’t answered the question as to what my tv has to do with this topic. You going to answer it or not?

It's not an excuse. It's what you're trying to do. You're asking for mods to ban me because I mentioned what resolution your TV is. People like you have killed public forums. It's sad really.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

That is a odd conclusion when the majority of the games on Gamepass are not multiplayer. 🤔

For 3rd party they in for the money but for Xbox studios itself my opinion is of that they probably pursuing the DLC, expansions and MTX model. The whole economics of single player games is that you buy once and some single player games can have expensive dev cost.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

For 3rd party they in for the money but for Xbox studios itself my opinion is of that they probably pursuing the DLC, expansions and MTX model. The whole economics of single player games is that you buy once and some single player games can have expensive dev cost.

And this is based on what again?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Archangel3371

@NathanDrakeSwag: Wrong. I’m not asking mods to do anything. I said that I hope that one day you get banned. Not simply because you “mentioned” my tv’s resolution, but because you have a history of toxic and harassing behaviour. You’ve constantly “mentioned” my tv’s resolution as if it’s something that I am unaware of and in topics such as this one in which it has absolutely no relation to the topic at hand or my initial post. It’s become harassment pure and simple.

Answer the question already. What does my tv have to do with this topic?

Don’t blame me if public forums are no longer the Wild West for toxic people such as yourself. Public forums are exactly that, public, and other people don’t have to put up with that kind of nonsense.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Wrong. I’m not asking mods to do anything. I said that I hope that one day you get banned. Not simply because you “mentioned” my tv’s resolution, but because you have a history of toxic and harassing behaviour. You’ve constantly “mentioned” my tv’s resolution as if it’s something that I am unaware of and in topics such as this one in which it has absolutely no relation to the topic at hand or my initial post. It’s become harassment pure and simple.

Don’t blame me if public forums are no longer the Wild West for toxic people such as yourself. Public forums are exactly that, public, and other people don’t have to put up with that kind of nonsense.

Forgive the poor lad. He is lonely, lacks self esteem and you are his only friend. 😥

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Great thread.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Aww. Now I feel bad. 😔

Well almost at least. 😅

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Forgive the poor lad. He is lonely, lacks self esteem and you are his only friend. 😥

Simply basing it on the economics of gamepass.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pedro

@sakaixx said:

So, you are basing it off nothing. Gotcha.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

So, you are basing it off nothing. Gotcha.

Not exactly, gamepass is similar to netflix and we can take netflix as example but on a much smaller scale.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

Not exactly, gamepass is similar to netflix and we can take netflix as example but on a much smaller scale.

So, you are using Netflix as a reference. Does Netflix have microtransactions for their service?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

So, you are using Netflix as a reference. Does Netflix have microtransactions for their service?

No, what is has is a large subscription base.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

That is the objective of Gamepass and any service that is similar to it. If MS purchased a bunch of multiplayer developers you would have a point but they didn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

movie games thrive amongst the casuals.

how is this news?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

That is the objective of Gamepass and any service that is similar to it. If MS purchased a bunch of multiplayer developers you would have a point but they didn't.

Yeah that is also my point. Per now gamepass still small, 3rd party license and AAA games cost a lot so Xbox will need other sources of revenue. Not saying every studio will so it as there are single player focused studios like double fine and ninja theory.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Look...I know this shit is none of my business but come on guys, you don't have to be at each others throats like this. We're just trying to have a good time. You two always get into it and it shouldn't be that way. Cow, Lem, whatever, put the bullshit behind you please. We're almost at the end of one of the worse years mankind has ever faced and instead of being thankful to be alive, you guys are bickering. @NathanDrakeSwag Leave the man's TV alone. Don't forget that before you had a 4K TV you also had/have a 1080p TV. If he's not ready to upgrade, he's not ready but you don't want any bad karma coming back on you because you could easily lose everything in one swoop. It's happened to the best of us so just think about it.

@Archangel3371 If anyone attacks you because of your situation, don't feed into it. You're wasting energy on them and it's not worth it. Misery loves company.

I like the fact that you're both very passionate about the brands you support but you guys don't have to take it this far. It's the holidays...just think about that. Game on bros

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LouiXIII

@ProtossRushX: I like SP experiences too but MS does have a worthy SP game in the works and it's being dev on UE5. Hellblade 2 is going to be great...at least that's the feeling I get.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Archangel3371

@louixiii: Good advice, I will definitely take that into consideration more often. Thanks. 👍

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Microsoft bought studios to feed game pass. They don’t give a shit about making actual quality games that get nominated for awards.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LouiXIII

@Archangel3371: Anytime. Happy Holidays to you and yours too.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I gotta say that lemmings are tough. Because they had to endure single player games that flopped reallly hard :(

I know I couldn’t even last a minute games that flopped , especially after playing games that Sony put out .

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

Sony: Singleplayer games

Microsoft: Live Service games

I know where I'll be putting my money.