Sony Pictures Core App comes to PS4/PS5! 100 free movies for PS+ Premium/Deluxe members! Out now!

• 80 results
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: This is not about when it started, this is about you cows were putting shit on MS for its movies, TV etc during the XB1 days and you know it. Now when Sony does it then it's a wowza 🤣

@ermacness: You need to follow the conversation, it's about how you cows shat on Xbox One because of its movies, TV, sports etc, and yet here we have a thread celebrating Sony adding movies to your subscription service.

Like I said consoles need to go back to game consoles, not entertainment boxes.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: This is not about when it started, this is about you cows were putting shit on MS for its movies, TV etc during the XB1 days and you know it. Now when Sony does it then it's a wowza 🤣

@ermacness: You need to follow the conversation, it's about how you cows shat on Xbox One because of its movies, TV, sports etc, and yet here we have a thread celebrating Sony adding movies to your subscription service.

I see very little people “celebrating“ this. In fact in this very thread, there’s more people giving crap to Sony about this, even going to the far extents to claiming that “the ps5 have no games, so in place of the absence of games here you go some movies“ like 2020, 2021, or 2022 didn’t exist. You need to do some research on why cows were stating that during the x1 reveal, and you’ll see just how moronic that comparison is (probably).

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@last_lap: As long as it's a game console first, and streaming box second, I'm fine with that. Most TV's have apps now built into them, so there's little point in running a console for Netflix, YouTube, etc. I may have been one of the few who actually thought the Xbox One idea of TV passthrough or whatever it was called was a good idea. But not first and foremost. I think if Xbox One had the same performance as PS4, it wouldn't have been a negative talking point. Also the DRM thing at the same time didn't help either. The only thing I really see cool with this new feature is if the streaming bit rate is as good as a 4k Blu-ray. I'm not into buying movies so it'd be a nice feature to at least see what my TV can do.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44364 Posts

Pretty lousy that Essential subscribers get nothing out of these. They also paid a price hike for the service as well.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Last_Lap

@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:

I see very little people “celebrating“ this. In fact in this very thread, there’s more people giving crap to Sony about this, even going to the far extents to claiming that “the ps5 have no games, so in place of the absence of games here you go some movies“ like 2020, 2021, or 2022 didn’t exist. You need to do some research on why cows were stating that during the x1 reveal, and you’ll see just how moronic that comparison is (probably).

Mozzy, randy, solid, just some of the biggest cows here are celebrating it, maybe you should go re-check this thread.

As for XB1's reveal, well its cows so they were complaining about everything.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Chutebox: Yeah I was working off memory, I remember reading about Bravia Core in the blu-ray / movie / TV / cinema forums I am apart of.

Videophiles hate streaming with a passion, but apparently Bravia Core was good enough for even the most hardcore afficionado

They recommend a connection of 115Mb/s, but the actual streamed quality of Pure Stream™ is 80Mb/s.

That's still ridiculously good as even though the discs go up to well over 100Mb/s, they are often well below 100Mb/s.

its disc quality, streamed.

The only other (legal) alternative of digital movies in this quality is getting a $6000 Kaleidescape

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45330 Posts

@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:

IPDaily thinks we're drinking champagne over this news 🤣

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Thank you for bringing more world class entertainment to us SONY.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: Well the OP (you know him well) says and I quote...

"Wowza, what a cool benefit!"

He's definitely drinking the Sony Chardonnay 🤣

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1023 Posts

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: Well the OP (you know him well) says and I quote...

"Wowza, what a cool benefit!"

He's definitely drinking the Sony Chardonnay 🤣

He's probably paid.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ermacness

@last_lap said:
@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:

Mozzy, randy, solid, just some of the biggest cows here are celebrating it, maybe you should go re-check this thread.

Well you just proved me right. I never said “everyone“, I did say “very little“ and from who all I saw in this thread, and what you just said, I was right, a very small amount praised this method.

As far as the x1 reveal, well apparently the cows weren’t totally wrong seeing as how the failure of the x1 completely changed MS methods from their glorified 360 era.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1023 Posts

Movie games, and now just movies. Sigh. Well at least they both run at similar frame rates.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Last_Lap

@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:
@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:

Well you just proved me right. I never said “everyone“, I did say “very little“ and from who all I saw in this thread, and what you just said, I was right, a very small amount praised this method.

As far as the x1 reveal, well apparently the cows weren’t totally wrong seeing as how the failure of the x1 completely changed MS methods from their glorified 360 era.

I never said you said everyone, however major cows are celebrating it, add heil to the list. Like I said MS got shit for this stuff, and yet cows are celebrating it. This thread and its posts are proof. You should re-read the comments.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Y'all make a big deal out of everything. It's just a movie service. Use it or dont 🤷

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ermacness

@last_lap said:
@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:
@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:

I never said you said everyone, however major cows are celebrating it, add heil to the list. Like I said MS got shit for this stuff, and yet cows are celebrating it. This thread and its posts are proof. You should re-read the comments.

Welcome to System Wars where factions move goalposts all day long. Cows AND lems are the most notorious for this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#66 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@uitravioience said:

Y'all make a big deal out of everything. It's just a movie service. Use it or dont 🤷

The irony.😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Last_Lap

@ermacness: I know where I am lol. Hey I think the cows were justified in giving MS shit over the TV, movie, sports stuff at the XB1 reveal. Just like I think its justified giving it back to cows over this.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

Lol you know that it’s a shit offering when they the movies they mention in the app is bangers like : “ RE Damnation, Kingsglaive FFXV, Looper, Elysium”! 😂😂😴😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45330 Posts

I wonder if they will add CrunchyRoll.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I wonder if they will add CrunchyRoll.

Probably not since CrunchyRoll is popular and a money maker.

Bravia Core has been bleeding users due to lack of compelling content.

I feel like Sony Pictures Core (stupid name) had the potential to be THE streaming service for audio/videophiles since it's BY FAR the best streaming quality and stability out there.

Problem is, like many Sony products, they refuse to put the money and work into to make them super successful.

I feel like they added SP Core for their own benefit, just trying to boost user base. They should be developing exclusive content

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah that's true lmao. I haven't used Netflix in a while.

The standard 4K rate was 'always' 15.25Mb/s, but during COVID they reduced it to 7.62Mb/s. I havn't had Netflix since they started to get greedy and closed shared accounts, I thought they had brought it up to 15.25 again. Of course not...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46497 Posts

@Mozelleple112: I watch a lot of Apple TV (thanks Playstation!) And I think the bitrate there is 25-30mb/s.

Also compared to even regular TV (cable) Netflix is such a huge drop in quality that I often don't even end up launching the app anymore.

They got really greedy and never reverted back their decision. For shame.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

SDF in full force!

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

RE Damnation, Kingsglaive FFXV, Looper, Elysium

If those are the ones they named out then fking lol. (Looper is good tho)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

So many movies, so much time on their hands. ;o

BS Jive has no Games. lol :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7248 Posts

@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:

just funny how this is a bad thing. people bitch over every thing.

difference with xbox one they were going to force people to only rent from xbox store.

locking all others. were sony its part a the subscription.

but people think some how this is bad.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Gifford38
@kvallyx said:

SDF in full force!

because adding movies to the subscription is some how a bad thing.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

SDF in full force!

Sony is more focused on TV TV TV than they are GAMES GAMES GAMES! It's been 12 months!!

SHOW US THE GAMES!

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gifford38

@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

SDF in full force!

Sony is more focused on TV TV TV than they are GAMES GAMES GAMES! It's been 12 months!!

SHOW US THE GAMES!

12 months? ff16 is a exclusive. horizon call of the mountain. spiderman 2 in 10 days. heck even a last of us remake.

sony was destin to have a drought. game after game since launch.

from gt7,hfw2,ratchet,returnal,demon souls, and much more. game after game on top of them being AAA games. were xbox it took over a year to get a first party to series x.

if they didn't buy starfield would of been just forza this year for there big game.

gamers really are bitches lately. so what makes you think its just tv tv tv? adding movies that are already out? to a subscription that is already out.

wow no one give sony credit for what they already brought to this gen already.

from AAA game after AAA game plus a vr headset that is awesome tech.

sony has delivered this gen so far. more so than the ps4 first 3 years.

you don't think sony has many games in development that they have not showed yet.

sony kept quiet for over 2 years before they had that huge ps5 reveal with many games to show. from miles,ratchet,hfw2 and more from the start. were xbox showed ray tracing gears of war to show.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

SHOW US THE GAMES!

12 months? ff16 is a exclusive. horizon call of the mountain. spiderman 2 in 10 days. heck even a last of us remake.

sony was destin to have a drought. game after game since launch.

from gt7,hfw2,ratchet,returnal,demon souls, and much more. game after game on top of them being AAA games. were xbox it took over a year to get a first party to series x.

if they didn't buy starfield would of been just forza this year for there big game.

gamers really are bitches lately. so what makes you think its just tv tv tv? adding movies that are already out? to a subscription that is already out.

wow no one give sony credit for what they already brought to this gen already.

from AAA game after AAA game plus a vr headset that is awesome tech.

sony has delivered this gen so far. more so than the ps4 first 3 years.

you don't think sony has many games in development that they have not showed yet.

sony kept quiet for over 2 years before they had that huge ps5 reveal with many games to show. from miles,ratchet,hfw2 and more from the start. were xbox showed ray tracing gears of war to show.

Yes, 12 months. FF16 is not a first party game. Horizon Call of the Mountain does not work on my (actually most) PS5 unless you get a $600 add-on. Spider-Man 2 is finally coming out, 12 months after their last first party game for our PS5 :(. If Sony hadn't bought Insomniac, they wouldn't have Spider-Man this year :(

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

Not a bad benefit, still not gonna change back to Premium. At least with the price increase they added value. Too many price increases from all the different subscription platforms and I hardly use them to justify keeping them. Had to cut them loose!

Agreed. I'm all for adding value. I might check out a few of the included movies, but otherwise it's a soft benefit for me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#82 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@kvallyx said:

SHOW US THE GAMES!

You got these Sony fannies in damage control mode.😂