System Wars lounge V 87: The Immersive old school sim Masterpiece Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50620 Posts

Ghost saying others can't debate 😅

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10507 Posts

watching some old xfiles lately. surprised how well they've held up. they're darker than i remember. very unglamorous too, for lack of a better word, but in a good way. there's a gritty, authentic feel which i really like. lots of haunting and moody strings in the music scores. subtle silence of the lambs vibes. been randomly picking episodes from s1 and s2 and i've enjoyed most of them. and bonus this handsome lad popped up in a dream i had the other night 😬

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59208 Posts

Yea went through them myself a month or two ago.

You're not wrong. Really good writing. Thing noticed as well didn't as a kid, has quite a lot of humour, not all grim-dark as I remember.

Once Mulder stops being a regular kind of does go down the shitter.

Reading the wiki apparently S5 was supposed to be the end in case the show was cancelled, and when you watch it does feel it. After that it's like "what do we do now?"...

The Xfiles movie was a pretty good tie-in as well. The first one, second eh...

@Macutchi said:

watching some old xfiles lately. surprised how well they've held up. they're darker than i remember. very unglamorous too, for lack of a better word, but in a good way. there's a gritty, authentic feel which i really like. lots of haunting and moody strings in the music scores. subtle silence of the lambs vibes. been randomly picking episodes from s1 and s2 and i've enjoyed most of them. and bonus this handsome lad popped up in a dream i had the other night 😬

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

my friend, you cant proven me wrong or debate.

English is not my language yet I can debate better than you.

Do you consider yourself a master debater?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#55 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25003 Posts

@hallenbeck77: not really but can we debate about movies my friend?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2475 Posts
Loading Video...

Video errors seem to be so common these days. Barely any quality control left, I imagine. One or maybe two people doing all the work.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@ghosts4ever: No. And I'll tell you why:

1. I'm trying to live my life conflict free. Life is too short to go into arguments that, at the end of the day, really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, maybe it's because the world seems like a cruel place right now, but I rather talk to people in a cordial manner than get into verbal sparring matches. Life is too short.

2. My opinion on films will always be right, yours will be all sorts of wrong. End of story...I'm also a delusional, narcissistic, mental case whose time is too precious to be wasted on heathens like you!

(I'm an A-hole, but at least I'm self-aware).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 uninspiredcup

Pluto TV is pretty good if you're into true crime.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#59 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Man, Road to Hill 30 brings back some great memories.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

Will Smith has created a monster:

Loading Video...

I guess no stage comedian is safe now.

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

@hallenbeck77: Please don't fall into the trap of debating with ghosts on anything or movies , it will be shitty taste one sided and you will be like hitting your head on a wall lol.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
@warmblur said:

Guess you never played COD or any modern shooters. MOHAA MP takes more skill then any COD ever made same goes for Halo. You don't have regen health holding your

Played all of them when they were red hot at their release. if your idea of depth is "hur durr it has health packs" then you have shitty takes is the nicest way I'm putting it.

I played allied assaults campaign last year on whatever its equivalent of veteran was, and CoD1.

MOH does not take more skill than fucking anything. Its a basic bitch shooter as anything else. You have no interesting movement, you have low ttks, you have accurate as **** hitscan weapons, you have hitscan weapon friendly enemies. A lot of the encounters in Moh also get to have a lower enemy count and work smaller angles, because the only way it can reliably challenge the player without getting busted are the following

>have a few enemies for a lot of close quarters combat

>larger enemies in a scripted spot, which works a bit trial and error like the sniper town mission.

In Halo, you actually have to strafe around your enemy shooting at you and pacing your shot, with the last shot needing to be a headshot. The melee is a more practical tool in up close engagements, how you move around the map impacts a whole bunch of shit from all the angles n positions you can take. Which is a pretty big deal because when you make guns uber accurate, and enemies quick to kill the only thing you're left with in the FPS isn't "tactics" becasue it wasn't like Quake was short on it, but Moh and even COd is little more than a basic bitch positioning challenge.

CoD1's changes are the gunplay has a bit more commitment going on once they added ADS, and the regen health/faster pace meant that you could have more aggressive enemies, more enemies on screen, and use a wider range of scripted segments that didn't need to be so obviously one shot punishing like a sniper. hard by itself does not equate to an interesting game, the jackal snipers are notoriously hard in Halo 2, but no one likes them for an obvious reason. Because the solution for them is the same. You find out where they are, and you headshot them ebfore they kill you or die. A lot of the times you are stuck finding them by brute forcing through with your protagonist power of infinite checkpoints.

In contrast Halo 3's solution is that they aren't as immediately accurate and aren't insta killing you. Gives more counter play and back n forth options to the enemies. Also allows more jackal snipers to be in the area, and pair them with enemies.

I value depth in my games ,decision making, basic bitch positioning isn't skill slick. You PC frauds just liked shitty games and made excuses for them, because both CoD n MOH aint up to snuff with halo on their best day, which admittedly isn't as good as Tribes, Unreal, and Quake. But hey the arena shooter is basically dead these days.

Medal of Honor AA is the cinematic wannabe movie game of its era. It took the the white knuckle action of a the doom era FPS games, and replaced it with a roller coaster. Hooray. Kick rocks.

in multiplayer? What is there even to get good at? Aiming? It's more basic than aim assist ass halo on analog. Movement? Its by default last place among the games you name dropped. Tactics? The other games feature more complex maps, in Halo's case with vertical layers, map control based on power weapon spawns, and all sorts of shit that doesn't apply to MoH basic ass set up.

Like there is a reason Halo had a real competitive scene, while MoH never did even in an era when Quake 3, Unreal had a comp scene, and of course CS (which does have more engaging gunplay, and has movement related stuff to get good at like counter strafing, and has its whole economy to focus on).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jg4xchamp

More skill LOL

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15961 Posts

Can't wait for the Miami F1 GP. Seems the track very suited to Red Bull as its fast on the straights. Maybe Mercedes could pull a surprise if they able to fix porpoising issues.

Other than that since we no longer have Sochi due to the war and Monaco probably not in the calendar next year, hope F1 can return to Sepang or Kyalami.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@kazumakiryu21: Oh, I don't. It's like trying to reason with a toddler--although a toddler will at least take a nap once in awhile. Fun to break balls, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-64fbf588222fb

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Watched TOP GUN again last night after ages (Solid music , stylish , real life fighter plane stunts and Mr Cruise was top of his game in his prime) , hoping Maverick turns out great.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp: well said champ, warmie friend will ignore it and pick only one line.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: any favourite episodes cup? watched one last night with bob bulldog briscoe from frasier as a member of a satanic cult who this evil devil bitch ends up taking out one by one. she reminds me of the nurse from the omen. just looks evil. pretty good episode

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Donno man. Top of me head these stood out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Blood_(The_X-Files)

Two part

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_(The_X-Files)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_Game_(The_X-Files)

-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(The_X-Files)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Sea_(The_X-Files)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grotesque_(The_X-Files)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Barry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unnatural_(The_X-Files)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Hearts

@SOedipus: Seems to know his shit

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:
@warmblur said:

Guess you never played COD or any modern shooters. MOHAA MP takes more skill then any COD ever made same goes for Halo. You don't have regen health holding your

Played all of them when they were red hot at their release. if your idea of depth is "hur durr it has health packs" then you have shitty takes is the nicest way I'm putting it.

I played allied assaults campaign last year on whatever its equivalent of veteran was, and CoD1.

MOH does not take more skill than fucking anything. Its a basic bitch shooter as anything else. You have no interesting movement, you have low ttks, you have accurate as **** hitscan weapons, you have hitscan weapon friendly enemies. A lot of the encounters in Moh also get to have a lower enemy count and work smaller angles, because the only way it can reliably challenge the player without getting busted are the following

>larger enemies in a scripted spot, which works a bit trial and error like the sniper town mission.

In Halo, you actually have to strafe around your enemy shooting at you and pacing your shot, with the last shot needing to be a headshot. The melee is a more practical tool in up close engagements, how you move around the map impacts a whole bunch of shit from all the angles n positions you can take. Which is a pretty big deal because when you make guns uber accurate, and enemies quick to kill the only thing you're left with in the FPS isn't "tactics" becasue it wasn't like Quake was short on it, but Moh and even COd is little more than a basic bitch positioning challenge.

CoD1's changes are the gunplay has a bit more commitment going on once they added ADS, and the regen health/faster pace meant that you could have more aggressive enemies, more enemies on screen, and use a wider range of scripted segments that didn't need to be so obviously one shot punishing like a sniper. hard by itself does not equate to an interesting game, the jackal snipers are notoriously hard in Halo 2, but no one likes them for an obvious reason. Because the solution for them is the same. You find out where they are, and you headshot them ebfore they kill you or die. A lot of the times you are stuck finding them by brute forcing through with your protagonist power of infinite checkpoints.

In contrast Halo 3's solution is that they aren't as immediately accurate and aren't insta killing you. Gives more counter play and back n forth options to the enemies. Also allows more jackal snipers to be in the area, and pair them with enemies.

I value depth in my games ,decision making, basic bitch positioning isn't skill slick. You PC frauds just liked shitty games and made excuses for them, because both CoD n MOH aint up to snuff with halo on their best day, which admittedly isn't as good as Tribes, Unreal, and Quake. But hey the arena shooter is basically dead these days.

Medal of Honor AA is the cinematic wannabe movie game of its era. It took the the white knuckle action of a the doom era FPS games, and replaced it with a roller coaster. Hooray. Kick rocks.

in multiplayer? What is there even to get good at? Aiming? It's more basic than aim assist ass halo on analog. Movement? Its by default last place among the games you name dropped. Tactics? The other games feature more complex maps, in Halo's case with vertical layers, map control based on power weapon spawns, and all sorts of shit that doesn't apply to MoH basic ass set up.

Like there is a reason Halo had a real competitive scene, while MoH never did even in an era when Quake 3, Unreal had a comp scene, and of course CS (which does have more engaging gunplay, and has movement related stuff to get good at like counter strafing, and has its whole economy to focus on).

I was talking about COD2 I never mention COD1 as for Halo you said it has strafe MOHAA has lean I also would take health packs anyday over regenerating health hiding behind a rock and waiting for your health to regenerate is pathetic. There's also sneak movement in MOHAA so other players don't hear your footsteps Halo is more of a run and gun shooter. Also I don't know why you and Sniper keep bringing up Quake it's a arena shooter it's pretty much a whole different genre of FPS. All and all MOHAA plays alot like the original Counter Strike at least in terms of objective mode. You can praise Halo's movement all you want but I can't take it seriously when it has regenerating health.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@warmblur said:

I was talking about COD2 I never mention COD1 as for Halo you said it has strafe MOHAA has lean I also would take health packs anyday over regenerating health hiding behind a rock and waiting for your health to regenerate is pathetic. There's also sneak movement in MOHAA so other players don't hear your footsteps Halo is more of a run and gun shooter. Also I don't why you and Sniper keep bringing up Quake it's a arena shooter it's pretty much a whole different genre of FPS. All and all MOHAA plays alot like the original Counter Strike at least in terms of objective mode. You can praise Halo's movement all you want but I can't take it seriously when it has regenerating health.

wait a minut??

did you said MOHAA play like a Counter strike???

A COUNTER FREAING STRIKE!!???

I generally dont play MP but i used to play CS back in days. Its still one of the most Skillfull online FPS.

my friends, play games instead of reading from articles.

Halo 1 never had regen health.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@warmblur said:

I was talking about COD2 I never mention COD1 as for Halo you said it has strafe MOHAA has lean I also would take health packs anyday over regenerating health hiding behind a rock and waiting for your health to regenerate is pathetic. There's also sneak movement in MOHAA so other players don't hear your footsteps Halo is more of a run and gun shooter. Also I don't why you and Sniper keep bringing up Quake it's a arena shooter it's pretty much a whole different genre of FPS. All and all MOHAA plays alot like the original Counter Strike at least in terms of objective mode. You can praise Halo's movement all you want but I can't take it seriously when it has regenerating health.

wait a minut??

I generally dont play MP but i used to play CS back in days. Its still one of the most Skillfull online FPS.

Yes, Ghost it absolutely plays very similar to the original Counterstrike you never played obj mode in MOHAA it looks like. The Axis has to plant a bomb while the Allies have to prevent it or defuse it if set there's no respawns if you die in a round. You can lean and walk quiet bounce grenades off door frames but you don't play any MP so what do you know?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@warmblur said:

wait a minut??

Yes, Ghost it absolutely plays very similar to the original Counterstrike you never played obj mode in MOHAA it looks like. The Axis has to plant a bomb while the Allies have to prevent it or defuse it if set there's no respawns if you die in a round. You can lean and walk quiet bounce grenades off door frames but you don't play any MP so what do you know?

you cant lean in counter strike but its tactical shooter and require skillls unlike MOHAA.

you can also lean in COD2. so?

im waiting for next reply when you say MOHAA play like Arma. im waiting lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

wait a minut??

you cant lean in counter strike but its tactical shooter and require skillls unlike MOHAA.

you can also lean in COD2. so?

im waiting for next reply when you say MOHAA play like Arma. im waiting lol.

CS and MOHAA both take skill COD2 holds your hand with regen health you never even played MOHAA obj so you have no idea all you talk about is the singleplayer. People still play MOHAA to this day online with clans for a reason it isn't some tacked on MP like most MP games these days.

It also has serverside options just like CS you probaly don't know what that is since you didn't play old school MP PC games. Anyways server side options are when the owner of the server who is renting it can configure gameplay options it can be really fun like a all rockets or rifles match ect.. Man old school PC MP games where the best until the stupid AAA publishers ruined everything when they started banning mods and stopped letting people from renting servers now it's all corporate.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46498 Posts

Never even minded regen health in COD 2, sure it was a noticable change.

But COD 1 was completely linear anyway, it's not like you had to explore levels to find healthpacks.

COD 1 was a tiny bit harder than COD 2, that's it.

But damn, ever since MW2 they really started to take away core features from the PC experience. I wish I could find that chart of all the features they cut, including but not limited to:

• Server based online games gone
  • Leaning gone
  • Proning gone
  • Mod support gone
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

CS and MOHAA both take skill COD2 holds your hand with regen health you never even played MOHAA obj so you have no idea all you talk about is the singleplayer. People still play MOHAA to this day online with clans for a reason it isn't some tacked on MP like most MP games these days.

It also has serverside options just like CS you probaly don't know what that is since you didn't play old school MP PC games. Anyways server side options are when the owner of the server who is renting it can configure gameplay options it can be really fun like a all rockets or rifles match ect.. Man old school PC MP games where the best until the stupid AAA publishers ruined everything when they started banning mods and stopped letting people from renting servers now it's all corporate.

COD2 is old game. 20 years old game. why you keep mentioning it when no PC gamer apart from you who only play 4 games hating it.

your gaming revolve only in AAA gaming. I would have quit gaming if my gaming revolve only around AAA gaming.

Im excited for IGI origins. you prob never heard of it. its upcoming old school sandbox type FPS by rising storm developers.

plenty of hardcore MP games around like Rising storm, insurgency but you wont play them because they are not AAA.

you wont play Ready or not because its not AAA.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 uninspiredcup

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1521867530389835776

" the stormtroopers always cut a striking figure in the movies. Their first canonical appearance in Attack of the Clones is equal parts ominous and suggestive, visually twisting our built-up hostility to them and foreshadowing the Republic’s doom."

This think piece could do with more thinking.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Chutebox  Online

Ghost is reeeaaaaly bad at this. Just stop, man.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ghosts4ever

@Chutebox said:

Ghost is reeeaaaaly bad at this. Just stop, man.

the one debating me couldnot counter argument. but im bad. ok ok.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chutebox  Online

@ghosts4ever: Sad thing is you actually believe this.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@ghosts4ever: Sad thing is you actually believe this.

Indeed

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jg4xchamp
@warmblur said:

I was talking about COD2 I never mention COD1 as for Halo you said it has strafe MOHAA has lean I also would take health packs anyday over regenerating health hiding behind a rock and waiting for your health to regenerate is pathetic. There's also sneak movement in MOHAA so other players don't hear your footsteps Halo is more of a run and gun shooter. Also I don't know why you and Sniper keep bringing up Quake it's a arena shooter it's pretty much a whole different genre of FPS. All and all MOHAA plays alot like the original Counter Strike at least in terms of objective mode. You can praise Halo's movement all you want but I can't take it seriously when it has regenerating health.

strafing is a gun on a gun fight practical thing. in a fight that isn't immediately one with one accurate shot barring having a sniper rifle or a rocket, lean is just playing further into the more turtly nature of how MoH works.

Halo is a more aggression based title.

"I can't take regen health seriously". Because you're a close minded clown who falls for Ghost's bait on a daily basis. health systems have application and pros n cons to what they allow in gameplay. Yes on balance I much prefer having health bars, with a healing consumable because it creates long term context to engagements, but the trade off for regen health is that you don't need to build map rotation around a healing source, and can focus on more active n consistent engagements. Where every fight stays on the razor's edge, because the punishment for not getting the job done is the other person is gonna get away with it.

Moh is more of a hide behind the rock game compared to Halo ever is, or any recent CoD game lol. And I'm not big on CoD MP, so i aint got a horse in that race, but my gut says CoD4 was probably a better multiplayer game than MoHAA ever was. Sneak movement isnt some bastion of interesting movement, when its almost always a more viable play in its given scenario to avoid being heard. Even Halo has crouch walking to not show up on radar.

As for the bold, because I am not beholden to this bullshit, that the games intent and aesthetic goals are a get out of jail free card. Yeah sure some aesthetics inherently don't lend themselves to any sort of interesting enemy variety, and guess what that still means its a fucking flaw. Doesn't matter how you got to it, it means in the broader genre of FPS games, these games end up being deeper video games because they are mechanically more complex and have all around less redundant decision making and a wide variety of tactics.

What's more fun can be subjective. What's deeper however can be measured, and deeper games tend to by nature test more skills and have a higher skill ceiling.

And the CS comparison does MoHAA no favors lol

CS is a game that works from the position of all around less accurate guns, harsher recoil, movement penalties on your shooting to begin with, with each round playing into the econ of what gear you can bring in given how valuable smokes n molies are to the exchange. It is not comparable to CS in any context other than "I guess it has objectives"

Loading Video...

IF you're idea of skill, is gut all the mechanics as much as possible so we're left with the most bare bones positioning challenge, than yeah I guess mozal tov on allied assault. Rising Storm 2 and the like satiate a similar itch, with a bigger scale these days.

I however value depth in my gameplay, and for all the "it ruined fps games" (and sure, it did, its one of the reasons the arena shooter died), it pales in comparison to the damage done to the genre because of the likes of Medal of Honor having broader appeal, because the game strips down any and all complexity the genre used to have.

**** that franchise. Then. Now. Forever.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jg4xchamp
@Chutebox said:

he aint exactly lying.

"i can't respect this totally valid design decision" is tiny brain shit. Regen health makes more practical sense when you're going to create enemies in a shooter that exclusively use hitscan weapons. IE, consistent, unavoidable damage.

Otherwise you pigeon hole the type of encounters you can have, or do what a lot of these games did which was just litter the map in health items. It's not a shocker that the best fps games that don't use health regen, tend to have more enemies that shoot projectile based weapons (as in shit a better player can work on avoiding) or a lot of melee/close quarters based enemies (while you take care of them from a distance, expanding on the positioning game) mixed in with hitscan enemies.

Plus again, if you fall for Ghost's shit, every single day. When you know every single day he's gonna give you the same response he gave you, every single day. You aint debating, you're just choosing to be stupid lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Chutebox  Online

@jg4xchamp said:
@Chutebox said:

he aint exactly lying.

"i can't respect this totally valid design decision" is tiny brain shit. Regen health makes more practical sense when you're going to create enemies in a shooter that exclusively use hitscan weapons. IE, consistent, unavoidable damage.

Otherwise you pigeon hole the type of encounters you can have, or do what a lot of these games did which was just litter the map in health items. It's not a shocker that the best fps games that don't use health regen, tend to have more enemies that shoot projectile based weapons (as in shit a better player can work on avoiding) or a lot of melee/close quarters based enemies (while you take care of them from a distance, expanding on the positioning game) mixed in with hitscan enemies.

Plus again, if you fall for Ghost's shit, every single day. When you know every single day he's gonna give you the same response he gave you, every single day. You aint debating, you're just choosing to be stupid lol.

Not arguing about either games, couldn't care less about them.

This right here, is why I don't bother.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By uninspiredcup

The tranquillizer gun in Turok 2 is extremely gimmicky.

But being able to knock out an enemy, and then remove their head with an accompanying death animation kinda never gets old.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jg4xchamp

But yah do............its like the weirdest shit. I know damn well when I bad mouth max payne 3...this clown is gonna go. But champ it best one, best rockstar game, better than Resi 4.

I don't debate it anymore, I just say mean things to him, healthier lol.

The trolls don't work hard no more, lazy ass clowns. The thing yah should be bullying more instead of Ghost, is CLones bullshit. How the **** do you spend every day bitching at Ghost for being some old account, or other posters for being some old account. Did you fucking tell teacher we had homework too?

The forum is dead as shit. Imaging going hur durr its the same sniper thread about the same fucking games, but then posting in it. Fkn idiot.

Cup, get KoF15 you dirt bag. It has roll butt. It also isn't an anime fighter. So you don't have to worry about the fact that people have air dashes n shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@jg4xchamp said:
@warmblur said:

strafing is a gun on a gun fight practical thing. in a fight that isn't immediately one with one accurate shot barring having a sniper rifle or a rocket, lean is just playing further into the more turtly nature of how MoH works.

Halo is a more aggression based title.

"I can't take regen health seriously". Because you're a close minded clown who falls for Ghost's bait on a daily basis. health systems have application and pros n cons to what they allow in gameplay. Yes on balance I much prefer having health bars, with a healing consumable because it creates long term context to engagements, but the trade off for regen health is that you don't need to build map rotation around a healing source, and can focus on more active n consistent engagements. Where every fight stays on the razor's edge, because the punishment for not getting the job done is the other person is gonna get away with it.

Moh is more of a hide behind the rock game compared to Halo ever is, or any recent CoD game lol. And I'm not big on CoD MP, so i aint got a horse in that race, but my gut says CoD4 was probably a better multiplayer game than MoHAA ever was. Sneak movement isnt some bastion of interesting movement, when its almost always a more viable play in its given scenario to avoid being heard. Even Halo has crouch walking to not show up on radar.

As for the bold, because I am not beholden to this bullshit, that the games intent and aesthetic goals are a get out of jail free card. Yeah sure some aesthetics inherently don't lend themselves to any sort of interesting enemy variety, and guess what that still means its a fucking flaw. Doesn't matter how you got to it, it means in the broader genre of FPS games, these games end up being deeper video games because they are mechanically more complex and have all around less redundant decision making and a wide variety of tactics.

What's more fun can be subjective. What's deeper however can be measured, and deeper games tend to by nature test more skills and have a higher skill ceiling.

And the CS comparison does MoHAA no favors lol

CS is a game that works from the position of all around less accurate guns, harsher recoil, movement penalties on your shooting to begin with, with each round playing into the econ of what gear you can bring in given how valuable smokes n molies are to the exchange. It is not comparable to CS in any context other than "I guess it has objectives"

Loading Video...

IF you're idea of skill, is gut all the mechanics as much as possible so we're left with the most bare bones positioning challenge, than yeah I guess mozal tov on allied assault. Rising Storm 2 and the like satiate a similar itch, with a bigger scale these days.

I however value depth in my gameplay, and for all the "it ruined fps games" (and sure, it did, its one of the reasons the arena shooter died), it pales in comparison to the damage done to the genre because of the likes of Medal of Honor having broader appeal, because the game strips down any and all complexity the genre used to have.

**** that franchise. Then. Now. Forever.

I stand by what I said if you disagree that's fine I live rent free in Snipers head so he has to bring me up once awhile because deep down he knows I'm right and he's very insecure about his gaming habbits it's weird AF he's to scared to play online where the real skill takes place. The dumbing down did start with Halo and COD anybody that denies that is just delusional. Ghost blaming MOHAA for the dumbing down of FPS is freaking hilarious he would get destroyed online LMAO.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur: COD born from MOHAA lol. Learn gaming history my friend.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: nice thanks man memories are flooding back i recognise most of those from the descriptions

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 uninspiredcup

@jg4xchamp: Would pick it up if had crossplay.

Holding off until SF6.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Macutchi
@jg4xchamp said:

The thing yah should be bullying more instead of Ghost, is CLones bullshit. How the **** do you spend every day bitching at Ghost for being some old account, or other posters for being some old account. Did you fucking tell teacher we had homework too?

can only assume whatever pictures clone got in his inbox that day were really bad. scarred him for life

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Two part

-

I prefer the "monster of the week" episodes. You can dive into those without knowing what's going on in the main story arc. Awesome to re-watch too if not fresh in memory. Home and Bad Blood are my favourites. Beyond the Sea is awesome too. I would also add:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (S3, E4)
Small Potatoes (S4, E20)
Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' (S3, E20)
Monday (S6, E14)
The Post Modern Prometheus (S5, E5)
Humbug (S2, E20)

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

I don't debate it anymore, I just say mean things to him, healthier lol.

The trolls don't work hard no more, lazy ass clowns. The thing yah should be bullying more instead of Ghost, is CLones bullshit. How the **** do you spend every day bitching at Ghost for being some old account, or other posters for being some old account. Did you fucking tell teacher we had homework too?

The forum is dead as shit. Imaging going hur durr its the same sniper thread about the same fucking games, but then posting in it. Fkn idiot.

thanks. I do it solely to piss you off. And sniper4321.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2475 Posts

Max Payne 3 used to be MY game. Ghosts shat on it until I started talking about it more and posting my gameplay videos. I'm sorry for what I've created. No wait, I'm not. Last good Rockstar game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Macutchi

@SOedipus said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Two part

-

I prefer the "monster of the week" episodes. You can dive into those without knowing what's going on in the main story arc. Awesome to re-watch too if not fresh in memory. Home and Bad Blood are my favourites. Beyond the Sea is awesome too. I would also add:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (S3, E4)

Small Potatoes (S4, E20)

Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' (S3, E20)

Monday (S6, E14)

The Post Modern Prometheus (S5, E5)

Humbug (S2, E20)

nice thanks man i recognise all but the jose chung one. just watched one called soft light s2 e23, the one with the guy with the black hole shadow. loved it. great music too

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Ghosts4ever
Loading Video...

Sniper Elite 5 looks pretty good. coming end of this month. looking forward to it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39445 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

Sniper Elite 5 looks pretty good. coming end of this month. looking forward to it.

CoD2 graphics in 4k🤭

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jg4xchamp

@Macutchi said:
@jg4xchamp said:

The thing yah should be bullying more instead of Ghost, is CLones bullshit. How the **** do you spend every day bitching at Ghost for being some old account, or other posters for being some old account. Did you fucking tell teacher we had homework too?

can only assume whatever pictures clone got in his inbox that day were really bad. scarred him for life

the big black cock spamming?

Ngl gotta hand it to sniper/ghost on that one. Mans was searching some mammoth dongs out here.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jg4xchamp
@uninspiredcup said:

@jg4xchamp: Would pick it up if had crossplay.

Holding off until SF6.

It's japan, you can't expect fighting games to not let you down some way.

-Good gameplay
-Good netcode
-A population that plays the game
-Cross play
-matchamking systems that make sense

NO fighting game is allowed to have all of that. Best you get is 4 out of the 5. KoF15 will probably become a discord fighter long haul tho yeah, its healthy right now, big doubts it stays like Strive n dbfz where it sustains a healthy 1k player base 4-5 years later.