The ps vs xbox power battle, does it still matter.

• 99 results
Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

It doesn’t matter if you buy both

HAH

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

Honestly, I don't understand this whole power thing. Historically I don't think any generation the most powerful console won the console war. Unless you count PS4 vs One.

I'm all about the games, and ultimately that will be what leads consumers to decide.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Likely very wrong on this butt..

Cows say nooo.

Lems, yesss, this gen mooaar than ever. lol :P

Hermits: You kids are making noise again?!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:

Honestly, I don't understand this whole power thing. Historically I don't think any generation the most powerful console won the console war. Unless you count PS4 vs One.

I'm all about the games, and ultimately that will be what leads consumers to decide.

Historically it's the cheaper console that gets the most sales.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

It would matter is the PS5 was more powerful. Now that it is not, cows pretend it is no biggie. It's kind of like the back compatibility. All of the sudden the Cows can't wait for it. Foolish bunch you dudes are. I have both and have no affiliation to either. I guess I am more grown up than most the basement dwellers on here.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@sleepnsurf: I see no point in having both, I bought a ps4, twice, and twice I sold it because it was collecting dust.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#57 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

The narrative is just funny now... Back in 2013 the Sony fanboys were raging over the .5 difference in power, now there is a 2 teraflop difference and now it doesn't matter.

Games are obviously the first priority, but I want to play those games on the most powerful console. Phil Spencer stated that they are "staying agile" on the price. That makes me think they will either match or beat the PS5 price. That'd be huge.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@greygoose12 said:

The power gap is huge this time imo. I went to ps4 last gen because of the power honestly. The gap is more than 18%. The Gpu is way better on the x. I believe the ray tracing will be better too. The x has way better technology this time as far as graphics until Sony proves otherwise. Teraflops are not a accurate way of measuring power. Its a 18 % Teraflop advantage but really the hardware is way above that figure.

According to some inside sources i have,probably 3 to 4 times stronger.

2TF which is 4 time as big as the xbox one vs the PS4.

Is something out of this world.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@commander said:

@briguyb13: what does have that to do with it, you think ray tracing is going to be a the all time saviour of the xbox, the playstation has it too and graphics are way more important for the playstation than for the xbox.

it's not the xbox series x would be irrelevant but maybe he shouldn't have put so much resources in the xboxone x then.

X1X development has a trial run for XSX e.g. mass-produced vapor cool solution, adaptive VRMs, software-driven profiling hardware design, the push for lower latency in the graphics pipeline, and 'etc' .

RDNA continues the lower pipeline latency work and adapting hardware for software e.g. RDNA's wave32 compute length which is similar to NVIDIA CUDA's warp32 compute length.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#60 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

The Wii and PS2 prove that most powerful console doesn't always win. It's all about the games.

The only thing about the PS5 that could be bad for Sony is that it turns out to be hard to develop for, like the 360 vs PS3. If the Series X is easy to develop for I could see devs making it the lead system, and if it's hard to port over to the PS5 I could see the PS5 struggling. I don't think that will be the case, but you never know.

I see the PS5 vs XSex more like the PS1 vs N64. N64 you could argue had better looking games, but the PS1 was really close, and had some cool features devs could utilize like CD quality audio.

Does all this really matter though? You know there will be a PS5 Pro that's gonna be more powerful than the Xsex, and then there will be an Xbox Serious X Seriously

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@Star67: From everything I've heard, the PS5 is really easy to develop for. I'm not sure about the XSX but it's probably the same.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Star67: xbox series x serialness

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KazHirai
Member since 2019 • 433 Posts

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

It matters. Even if the Xbox is 50-100 more the difference in power and reliability (rumors have ps5 overheating)

Warrants it.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#66 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

@commander: Xbox Super Saiyanious Series 6

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

This forum is a microcosm of the real world. People don't care about power. Besides from this gen the most powerful console didn't sell the most. Not to mention Microsoft didn't have a lot of good will going into this gen. They had the red ring of death on Xbox 360 debacle, the DRM announcement, including the Kinect 2.0 which nobody asked for (and jacked the price up).

So to review, power isn't that important to 99% of gamers and Microsoft royally screwed up at the beginning of Xbox One's life cycle.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@kazhirai said:

lol :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

yes but the difference in power this gen will not show because the ps5 will be able to have 4k/60.

wear the xbox one had 720p games at fist compared to 1080p on the ps 4. or one 30 frames while the other 60 frames.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gifford38
@greygoose12 said:

The power gap is huge this time imo. I went to ps4 last gen because of the power honestly. The gap is more than 18%. The Gpu is way better on the x. I believe the ray tracing will be better too. The x has way better technology this time as far as graphics until Sony proves otherwise. Teraflops are not a accurate way of measuring power. Its a 18 % Teraflop advantage but really the hardware is way above that figure.

um it's not going to matter because both systems have raytracing. what will the xbox be doing that will look better than the ps5? ps5 will be able to do 4k/60 so on the same tv that your playing both systems will look identical when it comes to third party games. plus sony is working with Microsoft to get there own gamepass.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Gifford38
@gifford38 said:
@greygoose12 said:

um it's not going to matter because both systems have raytracing. what will the xbox be doing that will look better than the ps5? ps5 will be able to do 4k/60 so on the same tv that your playing both systems will look identical when it comes to third party games. plus sony is working with Microsoft to get there own gamepass.

then you have what is in the ps 5. faster loading times and a tempest chip that will have 3d sound. more than just power here.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@gifford38: "plus sony is working with Microsoft to get there own gamepass."

Lol...what?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

More power is always better, just allows more possibilities and helps longevity. The 360 and PS3 felt less dated coming into current generation than this gen going into next.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

It has only ever mattered to fanboys/system warriors.

PS4 did not beat Xbone because it had "dah powah." It won because when parents took little Jimmy to the electronics store there were two machines that could play the latest Madden/Call of Duty and one was $100 cheaper. That's it. The general public cares about price and games/features far more than they ever have powah. If it was the other way around then PlayStation would have been crushed by the N64 and original Xbox and the Wii and Switch would have sold nothing.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

It's funny how the power of the consoles was made to be such a big deal at the start of this gen (not just be PS fanboys, but the media too), but now it suddenly doesn't seem to be as important. Hmmm... wonder why that could be?!

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

The XSX which is weaker than 2080 according to DF so it lands between 2070 S and 2080 in performance... But according to lemmings the XSX only has ONE GPU better than it the 2080 Ti, completely ignoring a 2080 S which is about the same difference as a PS5 to XSX in TFLOPs.

So clearly the XBOX fans don't think such a "trivial" difference matters.

Hell 15% TFLOP difference... No biggie, since the 2080 Ti is only "noticeably" better at 30-35%.

The level of ignorance and double standards is extreme with these fanboys.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Gifford38

@sealionact said:

@gifford38: "plus sony is working with Microsoft to get there own gamepass."

Lol...what?

Look it up

Microsoft and Sony unveiled a surprising partnership last week that will see the companies collaborate to develop future cloud solutions for game and content-streaming services. While both companies have spent more than 15 years battling it out over PlayStation and Xbox sales, Sony is now looking to Microsoft’s vast cloud experience to help power its existing and future streaming services, and Microsoft is teaming with a rival to fend off far larger gaming threats.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ronvalencia

@commander: Sony has the compute power narrative marketing from PS3 to PS4 Pro.

Loading Video...

November 2017's X1X comes in late in the current game console generation.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ronvalencia

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

The XSX which is weaker than 2080 according to DF so it lands between 2070 S and 2080 in performance... But according to lemmings the XSX only has ONE GPU better than it the 2080 Ti, completely ignoring a 2080 S which is about the same difference as a PS5 to XSX in TFLOPs.

Hell 15% TFLOP difference... No biggie, since the 2080 Ti is only "noticeably" better at 30-35%.

Where did you obtain "XSX weaker than 2080 according to DF"?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-inside-xbox-series-x-full-specs

but there was one startling takeaway - we were shown benchmark results that, on this two-week-old, unoptimised port, already deliver very, very similar performance to an RTX 2080.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

@hrt_rulz01 said:

It's funny how the power of the consoles was made to be such a big deal at the start of this gen (not just be PS fanboys, but the media too), but now it suddenly doesn't seem to be as important. Hmmm... wonder why that could be?!

Yeah lets pretend it was at the start of this GEN and not before that power matter.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/gta4-360-vs-ps3the-final-verdict-27344632/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/mafia-2-looks-better-on-360-when-360-is-pushed-it--27420482/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/eurogamer-rdr-360-vs-ps3-face-off-360-wins-27326005/

I can keep going and going period fact is the xbox was more powerful than the PS2,the xbox 360 was easier with a more powerful GPU and for 2 full generations lemmings bragged about superior versions.

When the PS4 gained the graphics crown all lemmings went into denial and full damage controll including your self who didn't care about the disparity between 1080p and 900p or even 720p but now want to champion power.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#82 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

It depends if your chosen console is the more powerful one.

To me, no, it is about the games. I played games during the Atari/Intellivision days. Todays graphics are just insane compared to what I could imagine could be done.

I also end up buying all the consoles even though I always say I won't do it at the beginning of the gen. This gen I am completely open to seeing what both MS and Sony deliver in the way of games. MS bought two of my favorite developers with InXile and Obsidian. I have high hopes for both of them developing games on the Series X and PC.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

I have said in another thread, both sides that are claiming they don't care about it are lying. I mean DF became a thing during the 360/PS3 gen pretty much and the whole myth around 'teh cell'. I mean cows invented the whole 'first party better than other devs or only exclusives can utilize the consoles to its fullest' to DC the inferior multiplats and teh cell. The sides just flip flop based on who has a weaker system. They always cared no matter how small the difference was and that further makes both these camps hypocrites because they try to brush aside PC's advantage as nothing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tormentos

@pc_rocks:

The power battle predate the 360 and PS3,and PS3 exclusives did look better than 360,fact is no developer would drop the amount of money Sony would drop to optimize its games,in fact there are countless examples of games been develop poorly.

This is not exclusive to the Xbox 360,during the PS2 generations many were the developers who would simply port a game to the Xbox and would not do much to make it look better.

But I do agree that people pretend here that they don't care.

By the way how would you know cows invented supposedly that when you were not here during that time. lol

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ronvalencia

@pc_rocks said:

I have said in another thread, both sides that are claiming they don't care about it are lying. I mean DF became a thing during the 360/PS3 gen pretty much and the whole myth around 'teh cell'. I mean cows invented the whole 'first party better than other devs or only exclusives can utilize the consoles to its fullest' to DC the inferior multiplats and teh cell. The sides just flip flop based on who has a weaker system. They always cared no matter how small the difference was and that further makes both these camps hypocrites because they try to brush aside PC's advantage as nothing.

MS and ATI didn't market X360 GPU's async compute with 8 concurrent contexts which are the challenger against CELL's 6 available SPUs.

@tormentos

PC GCN 1.0 has two ACE units with a total of 16 queued context.

PC GCN 1.1 has up to eight ACE units with a total of 64 queued context.

Game console GCNs has an extra Graphics CP (Command Processor)

ATI's fusion concept is the genesis for AMD's GCN fusion with CPU capability

CPU and GPU are pointer copy capable which is not possible for PS3's "teh CELL" i.e. SPU is incapable to read CPU's pointers.

This is why Xbox 360's fusion model was the real CPU/GPU fusion.

IBM CELL's CPU and SPUs couldn't exchange pointers.

IBM CELL's SPUs couldn't exchange pointers with NVIDIA's RSX.

I don't need to kiss MS's ass with pure hardware debate when Mark Cerny era PS4/PS5 supports my argument.

This argument is a debate between AMD/ATI's fusion vision vs IBM's "teh CELL" vision.

For NVIDIA camp, https://devblogs.nvidia.com/unified-memory-cuda-beginners/

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

as a hardcore Xbox fan i’ll say the same thing i’ve said since the beginning of time.

i don’t care whether my Halo looks better than a PS game or not. it’s still my Halo and it’s still better than any PS game.

i hope PS fans feel the same about their games

same goes for Gears of course

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PC_Rocks

@tormentos said:

@pc_rocks:

The power battle predate the 360 and PS3,and PS3 exclusives did look better than 360,fact is no developer would drop the amount of money Sony would drop to optimize its games,in fact there are countless examples of games been develop poorly.

This is not exclusive to the Xbox 360,during the PS2 generations many were the developers who would simply port a game to the Xbox and would not do much to make it look better.

But I do agree that people pretend here that they don't care.

By the way how would you know cows invented supposedly that when you were not here during that time. lol

No PS3 exclusive is technically superior than Crysis 2 and 3 on 360. We have DF and Crytek's rendering engineer themselves to prove it. It's a myth.

So, you're saying that the supposedly 'superior first party narrative' is restricted to this forum only? Should I bring out the countless youtube comments, articles from PS dedicated sites and fanboy forums? Hell Jim back then write an entire article on the fanboyism of cows. So, keep crying because apparently the mods didn't think I'm an alt. How will you deflect now?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tormentos

@pc_rocks: you mean that game that ran on sub 720p and dropped frames all over the place?

Please.

But this give me a pretty good idea of who you are now..there was only one so call PC fan here who was always trying to push that crysis notion..

Hi zehaimer or what ever your other alt was name.🤣🤣🤣

I knew you were one very well know so call PC troll,no wonder you quote me so much.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ronvalencia

@TheGrat1 said:

It has only ever mattered to fanboys/system warriors.

PS4 did not beat Xbone because it had "dah powah." It won because when parents took little Jimmy to the electronics store there were two machines that could play the latest Madden/Call of Duty and one was $100 cheaper. That's it. The general public cares about price and games/features far more than they ever have powah. If it was the other way around then PlayStation would have been crushed by the N64 and original Xbox and the Wii and Switch would have sold nothing.

Switch has the mobility form factor difference. Weaker laptop PCs has superior unit sales over desktop PCs due to mobility form factor.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ronvalencia

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

RTX 2080 Super has 11.79 TFLOPS with 496 GB/s memory bandwidth.

RTX 2080 has 11.2 TFLOPS with 448 GB/s memory bandwidth.

Gears 5 benchmark has less AMD GPU bias when compared to Battlefield V or Forza Motosport 7.

Scale Doom Eternal's RX 5700 XT's result by an extra 25% and it lands on RTX 2080 Super level.

Scale Gears 5's RX 5700 XT's result by an extra 25% and it lands on RTX 2080 level.

XSX GPU's TFLOPS increase from RX 5700 XT is backed by a similar memory bandwidth increase.

XSX has a desktop-class CPU, hence less CPU bottleneck issues when compared to X1X. No Jaguar CPU to gimp results.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By PC_Rocks

@tormentos said:

@pc_rocks: you mean that game that ran on sub 720p and dropped frames all over the place?

Please.

But this give me a pretty good idea of who you are now..there was only one so call PC fan here who was always trying to push that crysis notion..

Hi zehaimer or what ever your other alt was name.🤣🤣🤣

I knew you were one very well know so call PC troll,no wonder you quote me so much.

Yes I mean the game that has 4x the scale of all Sony first party games with almost all things dynamic compared to tiny levels, everything scripted, no HDR lighting and trash textures of Sony games who still dropped frames. Definitely please!

Now that I think about it, they were not the only games but actually the first. RDR, GTA V and Witcher 2 all shat on PS3 exclusives.

Whoever zhaimer was, seems like a very intelligent guy. Seems like you were owned by him so much that you're still reeling from it.

Wait, I'm zehaimer or other alt? Can you make up your mind? I thought I was a lem hiding behind PC, then Zariya but now a PC troll. Oh and you ball less fraud, for once put your money where your mouth is. You didn't have the balls to go to mods/admin and I have to bring them twice for you. Let's see if you can prove it I'm an alt.

Oh and I very seldomly quote you on your lies. You on the other hand always have to DC when I rbing the lies of your ilk to forefront. I know though why you're talking bout my quote because you can't answer my 2 simple questions. No wonder you're desperately trying to deflect from it so much.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos

@pc_rocks:

It can be 10 times bigger it matter little when you are just rendering what is in front of you,it had frame problems and could not even make it to 720p not to mention games like uncharted 3 had better animations and physics.

No you were as much of a troll on that account as you are on this one,and if I am not mistaken I think he was ban.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By PC_Rocks

@tormentos said:

@pc_rocks:

It can be 10 times bigger it matter little when you are just rendering what is in front of you,it had frame problems and could not even make it to 720p not to mention games like uncharted 3 had better animations and physics.

No you were as much of a troll on that account as you are on this one,and if I am not mistaken I think he was ban.

That's not how games work or render. If that was the case your overlord Cerny wouldn't be babbling about teh PS5 SSD for 40mins. Memory is not free. Crysis was less than 720p is due to not enough memory and large level sizes. Animations aren't memory intensive either, and the physics of UC was pre-defined/scripted, not realtime like Crysis. All Sony games are static and nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Oh and you guys are hypocrites because you have to hide behind resolution to attack Crysis and RDR but goes around and say HZD, GoW on Pro etc. is better than Gears 5, Crackdown and Halo 5 on X. You flip-floppers goes even ahead and say that they are better than PC games on Ultra.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#95  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

I haven't really cared much for the PlayStation vs. Xbox power battle for almost the entire time I've been on SW, over the past decade or so.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Not really. Yea Xbox may have a little edge on multiplats but devs aren't going to go out of their way to make a massive difference. PS5 is still gonna be a beast, look how good FF7 remake and uncharted 4 already look. What matters is the exclusive content, something Xbox has struggled with this Gen and it doesn't help that all of their games are on PC. Most people besides hardcore Lems just don't care about Halo, gears, Forza anymore so unless Xbox brings something fresh, I don't think they are gonna sway the general public

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Fairmonkey said:

Not really. Yea Xbox may have a little edge on multiplats but devs aren't going to go out of their way to make a massive difference. PS5 is still gonna be a beast, look how good FF7 remake and uncharted 4 already look. What matters is the exclusive content, something Xbox has struggled with this Gen and it doesn't help that all of their games are on PC. Most people besides hardcore Lems just don't care about Halo, gears, Forza anymore so unless Xbox brings something fresh, I don't think they are gonna sway the general public

Did you know that the highest PS4 first party game attach rate is around 15% does that mean outside of hardcore cows most people don't care about them either?

Devs aren't going to go out of their way to make a massive difference, well I remember a certain cow on here (who has since disappeared) said that R* would gimp the X version of RDR2 because Sony had the marketing rights, how well did that turn out? also there are games that were of a higher resolution on the X over the PRO.

Not all devs will make the difference such as indie devs, but most AAA devs will take advantage of what they have in front of them.

The funniest part is the "they're not going to go out of their way" comment lol. You make it sound like they will have to do hundreds of extra work, add more people to the proccess and tons of more money, which they don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Well when the PS5 specs were revealed both tormy and boxy aka cash angry went into full damage control mode, so yes power does matter, to the ones who have lost it lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ronvalencia

@i_p_daily said:

Well when the PS5 specs were revealed both tormy and boxy aka cash angry went into full damage control mode, so yes power does matter, to the ones who have lost it lol.

Loading Video...

Without AMD's Smartshift technology,

• GPU's 2 Ghz was almost unreachable with a fix frequency strategy.
  • CPU was running at 3 Ghz with a fix frequency strategy.

Mark Cerny has revealed fixed frequencies for CPU and GPU. LOL.

Clock speed is meaningless on the actual usage.

Loading Video...

Mark Cerny's warning on 256-bit AVX's power consumption.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:
@Fairmonkey said:

Did you know that the highest PS4 first party game attach rate is around 15% does that mean outside of hardcore cows most people don't care about them either?

Devs aren't going to go out of their way to make a massive difference, well I remember a certain cow on here (who has since disappeared) said that R* would gimp the X version of RDR2 because Sony had the marketing rights, how well did that turn out? also there are games that were of a higher resolution on the X over the PRO.

Not all devs will make the difference such as indie devs, but most AAA devs will take advantage of what they have in front of them.

The funniest part is the "they're not going to go out of their way" comment lol. You make it sound like they will have to do hundreds of extra work, add more people to the proccess and tons of more money, which they don't.

The difference now is that unlike the xbox one X the series X only has 18.3% more GPU power,unlike the XBO X which had like 45%,the series X has the same amount of ram 10GB faster 6GB slower,the xbox one X again had more ram and faster to over the Pro.

Both have the same CPU which will not make a difference at 4k.

Is not the same.

@i_p_daily said:

That is funny you claim power doesn't matter to you but yet you are riding power all the time..lol