The PS5 is garbage. MS did a better job.

• 79 results
tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

I finally scored one and I really hoped Sony would do better than Microsoft this gen. It's the size of an 80s VCR. You really don't realize how big it is until you see it. The controller, while comfortable, is complete garbage with it's horrible battery life, and WTF, 670 gb for games? This is horrible.

I thought the series x was bad, but this is a huge piece of shit. Possibly getting 60fps in some games and upscaled 4k isn't worth it with the PS5.

Buying a PS4 in 2022 makes more sense than this disaster. If you can't at least get a mid range gaming PC or laptop, the only console worth owning this gen is the Series S because of it's price. At least with the series s file sizes are smaller so 384gb is actually enough.

All you guys defending the PS5 are way off base. I can't believe the series x is actually better than this.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Welcome to November 2020!

I've got some bad news about some games...

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

Phones are getting bigger, thicker, heavier and even more expensive than a PS5. It's £1100 for the 128GB iPhone 14 Pro... makes the PS5 or a laptop more value for money.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tjandmia

@girlusocrazy: The Xbox has no first party games? Sure, it does. Only problem is they're all from Xbox one. 🤣

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

I play with my controller tethered so battery life is not a problem for me. Yes, I know it costs extra, but I bought 1GB of extra internal memory. The size of the console is not a problem for me, as it sits on its own night table.

Sorry to hear you don’t like it and if you don’t like it that is fine/great by me.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

recommend getting a 2nd controller + the charging dock, takes care of the battery life situation + you'll be left with one working controller when you send the other one to be replaced because of stick drift

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 489 Posts

People bitch too much.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

What year is this again?🤔

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts

I agree that MS has the better design this time, but it's dumb we can't just use the hardware we prefer for some games.

@timemasheen said:

People bitch too much.

I strongly disagree with that. People don't bitch enough!

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 489 Posts

@pyro1245: I dunno man. I hear people bitch all day every day lol

I do agree companies should do better for their consumers.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44355 Posts

Eh, while I agree with your points in general ie.

- PS5 is an ugly monstrosity

- storage space is too small

- controller battery life is too short

I wouldn’t call the system trash. I’m enjoying it well enough myself. The games look and run great in performance mode and the loading times being reduced greatly to the point of almost being nonexistent sometimes is quite a blessing. The system’s menus and storefront all run very snappy. My system runs very quite with the exception of the Blu-ray Disc drive when it’s reading or copying from the disc. I wouldn’t really recommend getting a PS4 over a PS5 to anyone myself.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

My PS5 has 17 games installed on it and, I still have 100GBs of storage left. lol

It's enough for the vast majority of people; you'd still get like 10 games if they were all AAA games.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tjandmia

@Nonstop-Madness: wow. Really? I find that hard to believe.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

@tjandmia: Yes, 17 games.

Ex. Multiversus, Rumbleverse and Arcadegeddon are all under 10GBs.

My largest game is Horizon at 90GBs but most AAA games I have like Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection, Cyberpunk, Ratchet, Fifa 23 are all under 60GBs. There's few indie games like Kena which are <20GBs.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Rip off SSD for xbox.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

How can you say series S is a good deal, but the $399 PS5 isn't? $100 more for a way better GPU, more RAM, more storage. I agree with you on the size, it's way too big. I dont mind the look of it, but at half that size. Gonna wait til a slim version before I get one, or a Pro version.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Yeah well if they put bigger ssds in the consoles the price of them would of been higher. They did the right thing. Not everyone keeps all their games downloaded on the hardrive. People like me delete the games when done with them. Plus if you save some money you can buy a extra SSD. They will only get cheaper and cheaper. I don't think storage will be a big deal in the future. If you have a issue with the size of the consoles, wait for a slim version.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

I really dont give a **** about the ps5 size. And I actually really like the look of it. Storage space hasn't been an issue yet either. Also the controller is far better than any other standard ones of other consoles.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@tjandmia: I agree man, the PS5 is bad when compared to series X. I'm actually really happy with the series X. It's a solid living room console, gamepass sub on both it and my PC. Play anywhere, quick resume, backwards compatibility.

**** the PS5, still have my PS4.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

Like last generation, the market seems to think differently. You're entitled to your opinion though...

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

Lmao at this thread. Hate all you want, not going to strengthen MS position. Like last generation, the market seems to think differently. You're entitled to your opinion though...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@Sagemode87: Then why is Jim Ryan freaking out over MS acquisition?🤭

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@Pedro said:

He's only worrying about CoD becoming permanent Xbox/PC only. CoD IMO just needs to take a break and regardless of whatever MS does with the franchise, I hope MS gives CoD a break.

But I know that will never happen so oh well🤷‍♂️

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@girlusocrazy: NBA 2k23 is 140 gb on the PS5! 😂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

I've never had a VCR the size of a PS5. Or one as ugly.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Who cares about HDD space lmao, get faster internet.

the PS5 easily stores like 7-8+ games (unless its CODs) and even so, with my internet connection it takes only 5 minutes to download a game. I literally cannot even take a shit or microwave a meal before any game I desire to play is fully operational on my PS5. The longest games like COD takes about 10 minutes, so I don't even bother storing it on my PS5 anymore. if a friend asks to play I just download it on the spot.

If I ever want to replay Dark Souls 3 for a 4th time, its just a 2-3 minute download and I'm in.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

And who cares about the size of the console? If they made a PS5 Ultra, that launched with the ability to play PS5 games in 4K and60 fps (not 4K or 30 fps) but it was more expensive and literally twice the size, I'd pick the PS5 ultra.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

I mean, eventually there will be only new game exclusive games, so I'm glad I got a PS5 for that reason alone. :/ I will say that the battery life sucks tremendously. I charge that thing and it seems like it dies faster and faster after each full charge.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@davillain said:

He's only worrying about CoD becoming permanent Xbox/PC only. CoD IMO just needs to take a break and regardless of whatever MS does with the franchise, I hope MS gives CoD a break.

If Activision has a 3 year deal with Sony, MS cannot give COD a break, at least for the next 3 years.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Welcome to November 2020!

I've got some bad news about some games...

I don't remember reading your posts denouncing Sony for the lack of exclusive games for Playstation last Christmas...

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2085 Posts

Generally I think Ms did a better job this time round on the design side, is the PS5 trash? not even remotely, tbh probably one of the closest gen's in terms of actual real world performance.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

In the overall console design and features, yeah the series x is a better console

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Lmao at this thread. Hate all you want, not going to strengthen MS position. Like last generation, the market seems to think differently. You're entitled to your opinion though...

First off, last gen is not this gen. Second - does it really matter? If MS is more profitable with less physical consoles sold, what difference does it make? If I, as an XBox owner, still get all the best of 3rd party, plus all of the 1st party (and Bethesda and soon Activision), does it matter to me if Sony sold more PS3s?

Will it matter to me when I am playing Call of Duty via game pass and you are pay $70 for it?

MS is more interested in Game Pass subscriptions than physical XBoxes sold. Physical hardware sales are a nice talking point, but they are not the "end all, be all" of the "system wars" anymore. If I can play Xbox games on my tablet, phone, PC, or smart TV, why would I necessarily buy a console when all I need is game pass?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@girlusocrazy: The Xbox has no first party games? Sure, it does. Only problem is they're all from Xbox one. 🤣

Difference is, Xbox hasn't had a reputation for proper exclusives for about 3 gens now. Where as Sony told us Playstation was all about single console only exclusives, yet they're on the PS4 and PC now? :-S

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HalcyonScarlet
@Pedro said:

What year is this again?🤔

Don't know... The cows keep telling us Xbox has no games like it's 2020. :-S

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HalcyonScarlet
@Pedro said:
@davillain said:

If Activision has a 3 year deal with Sony, MS cannot give COD a break, at least for the next 3 years.

Imo, Activision should reduce CoD output to Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer. Allow Beenox, High Moon and Raven Software to do other stuff. Also detach Neversoft from Infinity Ward and let them go back to doing their thing.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HalcyonScarlet
@davillain said:
@Pedro said:

Thing is, CoD won't work unless it's multiplat. The franchise will dry up surely.

It would be a huge mistake for MS to do that.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tjandmia

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:

Difference is, Xbox hasn't had a reputation for proper exclusives for about 3 gens now. Where as Sony told us Playstation was all about single console only exclusives, yet they're on the PS4 and PC now? :-S

I don't know. Can we excuse Sony for bringing things to pc if they're doing it 2 - 4 years later? I'm glad they're doing cross gen stuff for the PS4. A shit ton of people are just getting the PS4 now.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HalcyonScarlet

@tjandmia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:

I don't know. Can we excuse Sony for bringing things to pc if they're doing it 2 - 4 years later? I'm glad they're doing cross gen stuff for the PS4. A shit ton of people are just getting the PS4 now.

That's true, but cows can't mock Xbox for games, when Playstation hasn't been doing exclusives for some time.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

PlayStation has no games and has a piss power console that's ugggggggly as f@#k.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I wouldn't call PS5 a piece of s*t, it does have pro's over the XsX, being able to expand your storage without the need of A FKNG PROPIETARY DEVICE is a big plus imho, on the other hand the design does suck Richard, in that aspect MS did a much better job.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3455 Posts

Can we just agree everything is trash and the worst thing ever?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

lol...i told you in your other thread to stick with the ps4 and not bother with the ps5 for a reason. I might be a hater, but its not like im coming from nowhere. I've owned every single console at some point this gen, a low~mid tier gaming pc and even a steam deck. I sold the ps5 after a month and a half, for a couple of reasons 1) the digital ps5 is just a scam and 2) the ps5 really has very little in terms of games, especially if you have owned a ps4 and even worse if you own an xbox series S/X already.

The best part of the ps5, and the reason I still half wanted to keep it, is because of the controller being so fantastic, and miles morales which I didn't end up beating before I sold the console. Other than that, the ps5 is a giant MEH. I'll be grabbing one when the uncharted 5, spiderman, wolverine, tlou3 and persona6 releases.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Eh, I can't agree, OP. I personally really like the design. But yeah, it's really big -- pretty much the only area I agree w/ others.

But I've had no issues w/ the battery life of the controller, and the controller it self is very comfortable. The battery life would have been more of an issue when I was younger.

Also, the issues w/ the storage. I have over a dozen games installed, which is far more than I need. Thankfully, the wifi chip is better than the PS4's which was very slow, so downloading games isn't an issue. I can recognize this would be a more valid point for those tat have data caps and/or slow internet service, though.