The PS5 is garbage. MS did a better job.

• 79 results
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@tjandmia said:

I finally scored one and I really hoped Sony would do better than Microsoft this gen. It's the size of an 80s VCR. You really don't realize how big it is until you see it. The controller, while comfortable, is complete garbage with it's horrible battery life, and WTF, 670 gb for games? This is horrible.

I thought the series x was bad, but this is a huge piece of shit. Possibly getting 60fps in some games and upscaled 4k isn't worth it with the PS5.

Buying a PS4 in 2022 makes more sense than this disaster. If you can't at least get a mid range gaming PC or laptop, the only console worth owning this gen is the Series S because of it's price. At least with the series s file sizes are smaller so 384gb is actually enough.

All you guys defending the PS5 are way off base. I can't believe the series x is actually better than this.

I don't believe you. your a liar because you feel right away how much faster and smooth it runs over the ps4.

I have a series s and 384 is not even close to have enough.

ps5 hands down way better built than the ps4. ssd is what makes this gen better.

try going back to the hard drive after the ps5 ssd.

funny the battery life is better than the ps4 controller.

I have a external ssd for my ps4 games.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Gifford38
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:

@girlusocrazy: The Xbox has no first party games? Sure, it does. Only problem is they're all from Xbox one. 🤣

Difference is, Xbox hasn't had a reputation for proper exclusives for about 3 gens now. Where as Sony told us Playstation was all about single console only exclusives, yet they're on the PS4 and PC now? :-S

I don't know. Can we excuse Sony for bringing things to pc if they're doing it 2 - 4 years later? I'm glad they're doing cross gen stuff for the PS4. A shit ton of people are just getting the PS4 now.

That's true, but cows can't mock Xbox for games, when Playstation hasn't been doing exclusives for some time.

um 3 huge games in 2022. hzd2, gt7, god of war

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gifford38
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

lol...i told you in your other thread to stick with the ps4 and not bother with the ps5 for a reason. I might be a hater, but its not like im coming from nowhere. I've owned every single console at some point this gen, a low~mid tier gaming pc and even a steam deck. I sold the ps5 after a month and a half, for a couple of reasons 1) the digital ps5 is just a scam and 2) the ps5 really has very little in terms of games, especially if you have owned a ps4 and even worse if you own an xbox series S/X already.

The best part of the ps5, and the reason I still half wanted to keep it, is because of the controller being so fantastic, and miles morales which I didn't end up beating before I sold the console. Other than that, the ps5 is a giant MEH. I'll be grabbing one when the uncharted 5, spiderman, wolverine, tlou3 and persona6 releases.

its a scam the ps5 is shit. I want one though he says. do you buy things you hate?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Gifford38
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Pedro said:

What year is this again?🤔

Don't know... The cows keep telling us Xbox has no games like it's 2020. :-S

so what games came out from xbox in 2022? grounded was out a year ago.

only one I see is scorn this october.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

I finally scored one and I really hoped Sony would do better than Microsoft this gen. It's the size of an 80s VCR. You really don't realize how big it is until you see it. The controller, while comfortable, is complete garbage with it's horrible battery life, and WTF, 670 gb for games? This is horrible.

I thought the series x was bad, but this is a huge piece of shit. Possibly getting 60fps in some games and upscaled 4k isn't worth it with the PS5.

Buying a PS4 in 2022 makes more sense than this disaster. If you can't at least get a mid range gaming PC or laptop, the only console worth owning this gen is the Series S because of it's price. At least with the series s file sizes are smaller so 384gb is actually enough.

All you guys defending the PS5 are way off base. I can't believe the series x is actually better than this.

Good to know your takes on gaming are as shitty as your political takes. Who in the **** buys a Series S? That's the console a grandma buys their grandchildren because they couldn't figure out what they really wanted and it's all they had left.

Better a 80s VCR than this :

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

Good to know your takes on gaming are as shitty as your political takes. Who in the **** buys a Series S? That's the console a grandma buys their grandchildren because they couldn't figure out what they really wanted and it's all they had left.

LOL!

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

I agree, it is ugly.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:

@girlusocrazy: The Xbox has no first party games? Sure, it does. Only problem is they're all from Xbox one. 🤣

Difference is, Xbox hasn't had a reputation for proper exclusives for about 3 gens now. Where as Sony told us Playstation was all about single console only exclusives, yet they're on the PS4 and PC now? :-S

I don't know. Can we excuse Sony for bringing things to pc if they're doing it 2 - 4 years later? I'm glad they're doing cross gen stuff for the PS4. A shit ton of people are just getting the PS4 now.

That's true, but cows can't mock Xbox for games, when Playstation hasn't been doing exclusives for some time.

None of them exclusive. :-S

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@Pedro said:

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HalcyonScarlet

@gifford38 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Pedro said:

Don't know... The cows keep telling us Xbox has no games like it's 2020. :-S

so what games came out from xbox in 2022? grounded was out a year ago.

only one I see is scorn this october.

Still got games at the end of last year when PS wasn't getting any.

Then Sony wasted HFW and chucked out GT7 like it didn't matter. And both only got an 8. Not exactly blowing anyone away.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

In terms of console design, absolutely the Xbox Series consoles are leagues ahead of the huge eyesore that is the PS5.

CaIiber345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CaIiber345
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

I think Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch are all disappointments. We’ve reached the point of diminishing returns in the present console space. No one is clearly better than anyone else. They each have their strengths but overall I think we’re at the point where of you want more than what a modern console offers, just get a PC. The modern console can’t get better without costing more, that’s not worth it when compared to what a PC will do.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

@CaIiber345:

Yep. Not even sure if I'd say disappointing, just the logical end. It's all homogenized. Machines to play games, all doing the same exact shit with varying specs.

Owning different consoles was pretty exciting when gaming hardware was in its growing phase. Wouldn't mistake a Genesis game for a SNES game. Wouldn't mistake a N64 game for a PS1 game. The hardware really made the difference. I certainly don't mind that this is no longer a thing. Though the fact that these machines are all so similar now, makes it extra annoying juggling redundant hardware just to access a handful of exclusives.

CaIiber345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CaIiber345
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: And I’ve advocated the death of exclusivity for several years now. Let gamers choose the hardware with the UI and controller they like, and where their friends are. The majority of people don’t know and don’t care about the differences between the resolutions. The majority of people aren’t paying attention to frame stutters and dips. These people like the Xbox controller. Those people like the DualSense. Switch is the outlier but that’s because Nintendo has refused to make technologically competitive and current hardware.

It’s all massive exclusive deals that just muddy the waters for customers. And of course, there is the absolutely disgusting monetization of all things gaming. Big business has ruined video games.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@gifford38: yes, right now the ps5 is close to trash. But of course it’s going to get better once wolverine, Spider-Man2, uncharted, tlou3, persona6 and a few more releases. I was a bit interested in returnal, but now it’s coming to pc lol.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@simple-facts said:

PlayStation has no games and has a piss power console that's ugggggggly as f@#k.

Do anyone take you seriously anymore?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#68 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@ermacness: Anymore you say?🤔

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Gifford38

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@gifford38: yes, right now the ps5 is close to trash. But of course it’s going to get better once wolverine, Spider-Man2, uncharted, tlou3, persona6 and a few more releases. I was a bit interested in returnal, but now it’s coming to pc lol.

ps5 is not trash. the system is well made. quiest playstation in a long time. just because your not interested in the games now does not make the system it self trash.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

ps5 is not trash. the system is well made. quiest playstation in a long time. just because your not interested in the games now does not make the system it self trash.

It is the most audible system of the 4 current systems. Even the old One S and X are quieter.

ROCKBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 ROCKBO
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

My guy has size envy it seems. Sorry, the PS5 is bigger than yours, and you'll have to come to terms with that.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

It is the most audible system of the 4 current systems. Even the old One S and X are quieter.

I did say quietest playstation. ps5 is much better made than ps4. smoother and quieter. my ps4 sounded like a jet engine.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gifford38 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Oof....

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

I did say quietest playstation. ps5 is much better made than ps4. smoother and quieter. my ps4 sounded like a jet engine.

this is true...the ps4 was loud as heck. I didn't realize it originally when I bought my ps4 slim with uncharted back in ~2016 how loud it was. Maybe the slim was quieter?? The og on the other hand sounded like a jet engine about to blow up when I tried plants vs zombies.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Gifford38

@x_hedon said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gifford38 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tjandmia said:

Oof....

so because there both ps4 and ps5 there not exclusive?

man people make no sense. you need a sony product

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@x_hedon said:

Oof....

That is what peeps said back when Xbox One games were also on the 360. And Xbox games are also on Microsoft Windows.

I need a Sony product? I have owned every PlayStation to date. I have and play PlayStation 5 (Sony product) My living room TV is a Sony TV. My sound bar and sub is Sony. The receiver for my turntable is Sony. My clock radio/charger on my bedside is Sony. I pretty much eat/sleep/breathe Sony products.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Gifford38

@x_hedon said:
@gifford38 said:
@x_hedon said:

Oof....

That is what peeps said back when Xbox One games were also on the 360. And Xbox games are also on Microsoft Windows.

I need a Sony product? I have owned every PlayStation to date. I have and play PlayStation 5 (Sony product) My living room TV is a Sony TV. My sound bar and sub is Sony. The receiver for my turntable is Sony. My clock radio/charger on my bedside is Sony. I pretty much eat/sleep/breathe Sony products.

but pc/windows is not xbox. 360 had exclusives that was not on pc.

you know what I mean with sony product lol.

but ps4 and ps5 = exclusive to me. ow well. if its only on xbox one and 360 and not pc I think it should be listed as a xbox exclusive game. just saying.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gifford38
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

this is true...the ps4 was loud as heck. I didn't realize it originally when I bought my ps4 slim with uncharted back in ~2016 how loud it was. Maybe the slim was quieter?? The og on the other hand sounded like a jet engine about to blow up when I tried plants vs zombies.

yeah this is why the ps5 upgrade was a blessing after the slow clanky ready to blow up my hause ps4 lol. ps5 as a console to me is solid and the best part of it all sony made it easy to clean. even the fan is easy to take out without ruining the warranty.

thats a huge plus for a console to me any ways.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:

but pc/windows is not xbox.

According to MS, Microsoft's Xbox and Microsoft Windows PC are Xbox for gaming.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@gifford38 said:
@x_hedon said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Oof....

That is the Playstation definition of exclusives. Single console only. It has been since the PS1. And the cows have been shoving it down our throats since.

Cows don't get to change that because it's not convenient any more. :-S

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Im glad the Xbox did a better job OP, but I wish it did a better job at selling. With the ps5 doing a poor job, it’s still outselling the Xbox s/x 😞

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pedro
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Take the time to type man because you sound like a lunatic. On to the topic, I was pointing out that it is still the loudest console even if it is quieter than the previous gen.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

XD

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#84 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

XD

Xbox, yes

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

All of them are trash.

Everything is cross-gen. To me, I don't need to upgrade for some upscaling.

Ray Tracing and 60fps should have been standard out of the box. Having two different modes is ridiculous. The only reason it's there is because neither console can have both performance and fidelity at the same damn time.

This was a half-baked "next-gen."

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts
@sonic_spark said:

All of them are trash.

Everything is cross-gen. To me, I don't need to upgrade for some upscaling.

Ray Tracing and 60fps should have been standard out of the box. Having two different modes is ridiculous. The only reason it's there is because neither console can have both performance and fidelity at the same damn time.

This was a half-baked "next-gen."

It's impossible to maximize performance and fidelity at the same time.

They're two ends of the same scale. Performance goes down if you increase fidelity and vice-versa.

Sure, the consoles could have been 4K / 60FPS w/ raytracing but, I guarantee you something would come along that would mean you'd have to sacrifice something for either performance OR fidelity anyways.