NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

With the acquisitions of so many studios you would think they would have something to offer by now that isn't more of the same. Yet here we are with another year in the history books and their lineup is once again Halo and Forza.

Is it too much to ask of Microsoft to release a new IP? I mean, with the recent news of Avowed being stuck in development hell it may not happen anytime soon. What are they hoarding studios for if they never plan on releasing anything to recoup their money? All of their studios can't be on the same exact cycle. Something is clearly wrong with Microsoft's managing of them. It has been a problem since circa 2010 for them and no matter how many they acquire it always ends up being the same old song and dance.

Will 2022 be better for them? Or will Starfield be delayed and they be forced to try and convince us to care about Gears 6 and Forza 14?

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

Everwild looks dope but apparently was completely scrapped and started over. Target release day now supposedly 2024.

Loading Video...

Methinks it might end up the way of Scalebound, or WiLd.....

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

MS pulled a late PS3 and PS4 era Sony... they let all the beans spill very early and now the Xbox crowd has to wait... but at least they know what they're getting.

Sony on the other hand has gone the way of Nintendo and basically not announced much of anything. We don't have anything specific to PS5 only we can expect as of yet for the foreseeable future from them as every game they've announced is also coming to PS4. While that's great news for PS4 owners, it makes the PS5 essentially a PS4 Pro Pro.

Hopefully the Playstation showcase next week will make the PS5 feel like a next gen system.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

And Sony relies on sequels also yet another Ratchet n Clank, yet another God of War, Yet another GT, Horizon, and others.

Also I see you failed to mention games Medium, Perfect Dark, Stalker, State of Decay, Psychonauts 2, Hellblade, Outer Worlds 2, Avowed,Wasteland 3, and others.

Sequels are not bad since people clearly like the first game. Your just a giant fanboy

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38980 Posts

Gears is missing, but the only reason that it does, is because this is the most outdated series MS has. It became completely irrelevant. Nothing else but a benchmark for the unreal engine.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MysticalDonut

@CanYouDiglt said:

And Sony relies on sequels also yet another Ratchet n Clank, yet another God of War, Yet another GT, Horizon, and others.

Also I see you failed to mention games Medium, Perfect Dark, Stalker, Psychonauts 2, Hellblade, and others.

Sequels are not bad since people clearly like the first game. Your just a giant fanboy

Medium and Psychonauts 2 are on Playstation/PC

Perfect Dark is another game like Everwild that is 3-5 years away

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag

@mysticaldonut said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

Also I see you failed to mention games Medium, Perfect Dark, Stalker, Psychonauts 2, Hellblade, and others.

He doesn't know that because he doesn't actually play games. He's just a shill.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NathanDrakeSwag
@Telekill said:

MS pulled a late PS3 and PS4 era Sony... they let all the beans spill very early and now the Xbox crowd has to wait... but at least they know what they're getting.

Sony on the other hand has gone the way of Nintendo and basically not announced much of anything. We don't have anything specific to PS5 only we can expect as of yet for the foreseeable future from them as every game they've announced is also coming to PS4. While that's great news for PS4 owners, it makes the PS5 essentially a PS4 Pro Pro.

Hopefully the Playstation showcase next week will make the PS5 feel like a next gen system.

Microsoft did the same thing last gen. They showed a bunch of CGI trailers in 2014. Most ended up being canceled or being bad games. They have yet to prove they are capable of releasing anything of quality that isn't Forza or Halo. And even Halo has sucked for years now.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Even though it's Forza 325325 it still look fookin great!

Loading Video...

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Well, I'm pretty sure that's why they bought Bethesda.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69595 Posts

Strange complaint when they have Starfield, RedFall and Contraband announced, with two of the three slated next year. Then following those are Fable, Perfect Dark and Avowed. I guess whenever, the next Forza and Halo games is released in between the new IPs you will create this thread again. 😂

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44578 Posts

Halo and Forza for the holidays is still a good line-up. I was actually most looking forward to WH40K: Darktide from Fatshark but that got pushed until 2022, but something to keep the game flow coming after the year. Back 4 Blood also coming to Game Pass, and Game Pass itself whether the releases are exclusive or not should will give Xbox gamers plenty to play for an insanely low monthly price, cheaper than a free next gen upgrade on PS5. There won't be a lack of fun to be had for anybody invested in the ecosystem. I myself still have to get caught up with the onslaught of stuff they added to GP in just the last month.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

Also I see you failed to mention games Medium, Perfect Dark, Stalker, State of Decay, Psychonauts 2, Hellblade, Outer Worlds 2, Avowed,Wasteland 3, and others.

Lol, you're throwing too many facts at him. His small brain can't handle it.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Are they really relying on Halo? MS seems ashamed to show any more footage of it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24937 Posts

and in 2021 sony doesnot even have a single exclusive.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NathanDrakeSwag

@Sushiglutton said:

Are they really relying on Halo? MS seems ashamed to show any more footage of it.

They're pushing it hard without showing off the game. They are hoping they can make people forget about how bad it looked last year along with the fact that it is launching without several series staple features by plastering it on energy drinks and releasing lots of Halo branded controllers.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

Well like ive said in the past, MS is where studios go to die.

Bethesda deserves it after ruining Quake, and re-releasing Skyrim 8000 times.

Oh yea, and the fact that they created Zenimax is also why they deserve to burn.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5914 Posts

What has Sony got coming the rest of 2021.

Not a right lot

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NathanDrakeSwag

@ghosts4ever said:

and in 2021 sony doesnot even have a single exclusive.

Except for Returnal and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. Nice job outing yourself as a lemming alt btw.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Avowed stuck in development hell? Please, how's Abandoned doing by the way? You expect for the acquisition of a beast like Bethesda means games just come pouring out? Research how long it takes to make a big game and ask again why "there's no games"...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Wait til you see what Xbox has to rely on in Q4 2022… You’ll be begging for 2021

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11107 Posts

I say this and people get mad. Xbox has all these studios, and projects are still not even remotely close to being finished or still in the planning phases. Also...

a) Xbox is still pimping Halo and Forza

b) Having to borrow from PC to get content (and the fans aren't even playing the games)

c) Xbox consoles are still having to depend on indie fluff for "new" content for GP

I honestly feel like everything is riding on Bethesda for the Xbox brand. But how far apart are THOSE releases? And will they be regular enough?

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Ps has no games

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag

@simple-facts said:

Ps has no games

This site would look a lot nicer without spam bots like Bluestars.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61495 Posts

TBH, my PS5 isn't relying on too much atm. I just replayed GoW and am playing UC1 in the UC Collection.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

What has Sony got coming the rest of 2021.

Not a right lot

Well, that's kinda none of your business, don't you think?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14417 Posts

Somebody is jelly of Horizon 5

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LetsHaveFun
Member since 2020 • 369 Posts

sony has been pumping games out since launch but for some reason holiday 2021 is the only time that matters..

MS studios haven't put out anything and has been relying on slim third party deals up until now..

the only thing new they put out was flight simulator..

but lets act like sony's been sitting around doing nothing all gen..

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44234 Posts

Well games take time to make and this acquisition is still pretty fresh. The developers have stuff that they’ve been working on prior that they still need to release. I thought Microsoft has shown a pretty good number of titles that they have in the works with some pretty good stuff coming next year, especially Starfield. Anyway I’m a big fan of Halo and Forza so having Halo: Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 coming out in the next few months definitely works for me.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41542 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

Yes! AND Psychonauts 2 is an XBOX IP. Only multiplat because of prior deals made to be fulfilled.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

Ok I did not know that those two games were on the Playstation. I'm glad they are though since the Playstation has so few games. I mean it is beyond hilarious that the Sony fanboys are still trying the tired line of Xbox has no games when Xbox has already put out more games and the future line up is FAR FAR bigger then what Sony has.

Sony's big upcoming games are all sequels like the 1,000th version of God of War, yet another GT game which has always fell FAR short since Forza has come out, another Horizon. Hell Sony's big games of the year were an overpriced Spider Man expansion and the 1,000th version of the kiddie Ratchet and Clank that could only be done on the PS5 till it was released on the PS4. It is clear as day Sony has nothing and that is why they are doing so many directors cut games of games that were just recently released like ghost of tsushima. A bunch of games are not even old enough to collect a speck of dust but Sony's game department is so dry they just rerelease them.

As far as when Xbox games are coming out , You have no idea and your Sony fanboyness just wants to create these dates in your head. In saying that though at least Xbox has games coming. All your sony fanboy can do for the Playsation is just imagine there are games coming since.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: My god the stupidity in your post actually makes my head hurt a little.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5914 Posts

@hardwenzen: as a PS5 owner they are not doing a lot to make me keep it.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

we don´t care,we do care about RTX 3090 SUPER & lacks of XSX ,PS5 stock

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9818 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Considering you were raving about the 26th (Yes 26th) Ratchet and Clank, I’d say this thread is about as well received as Sony’s lies regarding cross play.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MysticalDonut
@CanYouDiglt said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

Ok I did not know that those two games were on the Playstation. I'm glad they are though since the Playstation has so few games. I mean it is beyond hilarious that the Sony fanboys are still trying the tired line of Xbox has no games when Xbox has already put out more games and the future line up is FAR FAR bigger then what Sony has.

Sony's big upcoming games are all sequels like the 1,000th version of God of War, yet another GT game which has always fell FAR short since Forza has come out, another Horizon. Hell Sony's big games of the year were an overpriced Spider Man expansion and the 1,000th version of the kiddie Ratchet and Clank that could only be done on the PS5 till it was released on the PS4. It is clear as day Sony has nothing and that is why they are doing so many directors cut games of games that were just recently released like ghost of tsushima. A bunch of games are not even old enough to collect a speck of dust but Sony's game department is so dry they just rerelease them.

As far as when Xbox games are coming out , You have no idea and your Sony fanboyness just wants to create these dates in your head. In saying that though at least Xbox has games coming. All your sony fanboy can do for the Playsation is just imagine there are games coming since.

lol, wouldn't have been easier to just to leave it at just "I didn't know they were also on PS"

Sackboy, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank is already more in offerings than what Xbox has produced since November 2020. Their first major exclusives are finally coming this fall with Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: as a PS5 owner they are not doing a lot to make me keep it.

Sell it? Literally millions are interested.😊

Nobody's fault you're looking for something generic that is usually available on gamepass.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#39 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6094 Posts

I still want a PS5,games are coming soon enough for both systems. I own a XSX and satisfied so far, I wish games could come out sooner,but at least the developers are not rushing them. Rushed games are incomplete games.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18040 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Somebody is jelly of Horizon 5

Yeah, they're just getting Horizon 2

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

Sony desperation continuation.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8858 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: PS5 is relying on Rachet and Clank 49, and a Indy game that was a sales flop.

He who lives in glass houses.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#43 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49572 Posts

In the last month or so...the Xbox received Psychonauts 2 and Flight Simulator from Xbox Game Studios. A couple indie games like Death's Door and 12 Minutes also were released on Xbox. All of which were critically well-received.

With that said, Flight Simulator doesn't hold that much longevity and I haven't played the others. Been too busy enjoying getting slaughtered in Aliens Fireteam.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NathanDrakeSwag

@CanYouDiglt said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: yes, this is a dumb thread lol. Just halo just forza?? Those are block busters of the highest caliber, I love how the OP just dismissed them. Then he dismissed psychonauts 2, ori, the graphics king MSFS20.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1: Forza and Halo block busters of the highest caliber?🤣Halo used to be that... in 2007🤦‍♂️Forza never was nor will it ever be a "bluck buster of the highest caliber" lmao. GT is the only racing game that can be considered that, but even then, they release one of these per decade, so its not even worth talking about this series either.

Microsoft has no BLOCK BUSTERS OF THE HIGHEST CALIBER. None. Zero.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NathanDrakeSwag

Here's the last time Halo was a blockbuster franchise:

Loading Video...

After that 343 killed it.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@hardwenzen: 24 million people played Forza Horizon 4 as of last November 🤣

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

rent free

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen

@StrongDeadlift said:

@hardwenzen: 24 million people played Forza Horizon 4 as of last November 🤣

Forced to play it because there's nothing else on the system. Is this how MS creates their block busters of the highest caliber😁