Who would actually be the first System Wars Forum Loser?

• 62 results
Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

So with all the news, rumors of MS going 3rd party and bringing games to Switch and PlayStation it got me thinking....

If Xbox is going the way of Sega Consoles.......who would be the first System Wars Forum loser?

I've been here since 2005 (god knows why someone tell me to stop) and even a couple of years before that before making an account. BUT I don't remember there being a system wars forum back then, or how old the forum is.

Was the forum around during the time of the Sega Dreamcast from 1998 to 2001? If so Sega and the Dreamcast would be the first and only as of now loser.

Or if the xbox line of consoles goes the way dodo would MS and the Xbox Series X be the first loser of the forum?

Remember Im only talking about the history of the forum. So Atari Consoles, Panasonic, Apple, etc don't matter, unless this forum is way older than I think it is.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Xbox has been dead and going away for more than two decades now. Amright?

Hopes and dreams I suppose but I dunno why...

lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

:P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice

@Heil68:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Xbox can't die

I mean they still owe us Everwild 😭

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k:

Eh, we'll just play it on our Bait & Switch or BS Jives. lol :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Eh, we'll just play it on our Bait & Switch or BS Jives. lol :P

"Just wait"

Sony's... erm I mean Rare's official tagline.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#8 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

All this talk of Xbox going third party, remember when it was supposed to be Nintendo that was 'next' after SEGA? After 2001-2006? And 2012-2017?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11294 Posts

Now if only Sony and Nintendo followed suit and went full multiplatform too.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Xbox is dead, no hope, their push for gamepass killed them as they see Software sales giving them more profit's

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#11 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

See I told u gamespot is finally healing everyone coming back

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Gamepass killed Xbox. Bleeding over a billion dollars over the last few years is not something even a multi trillion dollars company can handle. Playstation didn't kill the Xbox. Microsoft themselves killed it🤡How pathetic.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

Gamepass killed Xbox. Bleeding over a billion dollars over the last few years is not something even a multi trillion dollars company can handle. Playstation didn't kill the Xbox. Microsoft themselves killed it🤡How pathetic.

Activision killed Xbox, I keep telling everyone: Activision destroys everything it touches.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k

@sakaixx said:

Yeah we need some drama up in this place, thanks Phil!

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

For losers I go by console and I grade on a curve based primarily on preceding consoles, So PS3 was the loser to start, then Wiiu, then Xbone, this gen I'd say xbox will be the loser in terms of consoles sold but if they can shift the paradigm of the market to where hardware is a preference on interface more than anything else then maybe when the next hardware cycles comes around it could be a different story.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Star67

This thread is ummm interesting.

System Wars always disappoints.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@Star67: Back then, it was called "console wars". Gamespot changed the name so PC gamers wouldn't be left out.

And yes, the Dreamcast folks were the first to be losers.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8221 Posts

@Star67: I think the reaction to MS possibly putting 1st party titles on other consoles is a bit much. They have already been day 1 PC with all launches of 1st party for years now.. they already have put some titles on switch (like Ori).

I dont think this is comparable to Sega. Hardware sales were way more important back then. The hardware sold is nothing more than a way to increase your instal base because the way you make money is selling games. Not selling consoles. MS sees the money they made putting thier 1st party on PC. Cows scoffed at Xbox for doing it... now Sony is porting all thier games on PC too (they just aren't as good at it).

More plastic boxes that play thier games, bigger instal base to sell too. It's pretty simple strategy.

Do I think this means MS is done making hardware?? No. MS will continue making hardware, but the goal is not to make sure they sell more hardware than Ninty or Sony, the goal is to put thier games on as many screens as possible regardless of what plastic box that customer has. It's a bold strategy, fannies will be upset.

But if MS pulls it off, gets an install base x4 the size of Ninty or Sony and starts making bank.. don't be surprised Sony or Ninty starts to change thier tune and start doing the same thing. At the end of the day they all want to make money.

This really is reminding me of when Cows were saying MS was dying for putting thier games on PC.. now look..

Could be the start of exclusives dying as a business strategy for the gaming industry

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1248 Posts

Only on SW can a company with more customers,more games,bigger franchises,more studio's,making more gaming revenue be in trouble!

Suppose claiming it so must be better than admitting their system lags behind Xbox.

Bu Bu we got console..

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1856 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Fire Emblem Man? That's a name I haven't seen in a long time!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SargentD
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Xbox is dead, no hope, their push for gamepass killed them as they see Software sales giving them more profit's

That's true for Sony, Xbox, and Ninty tho..

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1856 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Nah. They need to bring back politics and the movie forum. The thing is... Forum gamers tend to have some of the worst politics imaginable. So gaming sites try to clean it up by getting rid of political sub forums. The issue is... That topic ends up bleeding into other places, and nothing to really contain them. Plus, sometimes... I just want to talk about movies and TV shows...

And... As problematic as it is, we need the toxicity back. System Wars is only fun when everyone was toxic and roasting each other. They made my blood boil in a good way. Lol! IP_Daily, Quadknight, Recloud, KBFloyd, Tryit, etc, made this place fun.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts
@sargentd said:

@Star67: I think the reaction to MS possibly putting 1st party titles on other consoles is a bit much. They have already been day 1 PC with all launches of 1st party for years now.. they already have put some titles on switch (like Ori).

I dont think this is comparable to Sega. Hardware sales were way more important back then. The hardware sold is nothing more than a way to increase your instal base because the way you make money is selling games. Not selling consoles. MS sees the money they made putting thier 1st party on PC. Cows scoffed at Xbox for doing it... now Sony is porting all thier games on PC too (they just aren't as good at it).

More plastic boxes that play thier games, bigger instal base to sell too. It's pretty simple strategy.

Do I think this means MS is done making hardware?? No. MS will continue making hardware, but the goal is not to make sure they sell more hardware than Ninty or Sony, the goal is to put thier games on as many screens as possible regardless of what plastic box that customer has. It's a bold strategy, fannies will be upset.

But if MS pulls it off, gets an install base x4 the size of Ninty or Sony and starts making bank.. don't be surprised Sony or Ninty starts to change thier tune and start doing the same thing. At the end of the day they all want to make money.

This really is reminding me of when Cows were saying MS was dying for putting thier games on PC.. now look..

Could be the start of exclusives dying as a business strategy for the gaming industry

Microsoft is ahead of the curve.

Nintendo will take a while longer until their shareholders make them cave in. But eventually the wishes of their shareholders will override the pride of the company.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1052 Posts

Isn't everyone here a loser?

Oh you're talking about companies.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

@girlusocrazy: lol

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Maroxad: LOL no! Nintendo calues their IP very high to sell hardware, regardless what investors have to say, they will remain stubborn and fiscally conservative to not move their most popular IP’s to other consoles. Their mobile run has been lackluster except fir Fire Emblem Heroes, which is still going strong

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Maroxad: LOL no! Nintendo calues their IP very high to sell hardware, regardless what investors have to say, they will remain stubborn and fiscally conservative to not move their most popular IP’s to other consoles. Their mobile run has been lackluster except fir Fire Emblem Heroes, which is still going strong

You forgot Pokemon Go. Which is still going strong revenuewise.

And the shareholders are the likely reason Nintendo went to the Mobile market in the first place. Unfortunately, Nintendo may have to do what the shareholders say once again if the shareholders decide Nintendo must port their games to other systems.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58971 Posts

If they end up making more money, are they actually losing?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@sargentd said:

To people claiming that MS is leaving the gaming space because of this are delusional IMHO. However I can see where this will end the mark for MS continuous production of the Xbox hardware, especially if they’re considering putting their exclusive games on the competing consoles. Why bleed money and R&D on hardware at that point? I can see that this movement could be the beginning of MS becoming a fully fledged 3rd party developer.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 956 Posts

Not sure about the "first" loser, but the winner has usually be PC multiple times.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Star67

@dabear: That's right! It was console wars!!!!

What were the dreamcast fanboys called? I would assume hedgehogs but it was before my time on this forum.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SargentD

@ermacness said:
@sargentd said:

To people claiming that MS is leaving the gaming space because of this are delusional IMHO. However I can see where this will end the mark for MS continuous production of the Xbox hardware, especially if they’re considering putting their exclusive games on the competing consoles. Why bleed money and R&D on hardware at that point? I can see that this movement could be the beginning of MS becoming a fully fledged 3rd party developer.

I dont see MS leaving the hardware space. They are honestly good at it. I dont see it worth it to them to abandon hardware completely when its pushing the software and gamepass. As far as comparing the hardware side by side (PS5, Switch, SX) I prefer SX hardware, I like Quick resume, I like the supported BC with thier older catalogs, I like gamepass, and I like play anywhere (cross Progression with my PC) Home consoles are nothing more than mini PCs with a locked down OS anyway nowadays. Most cows prefer PS5 for the few SP exclusives, it's not because the hardware is blowing anything out of the water. Thier subscription service sucks, they have abandoned thier past catalogs and BC, thier integration with PC is non existent.

This move by MS feels natural to me and just an evolution of tech and accessibility. If Sony can sell more consoles than MS because of the few SP exclusives.. so what. MS will sell thier games on both boxes and PC.

If it works and they make a ton of money, Sony going to take pause and follow suit, just like they did with porting exclusives to PC.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD
@girlusocrazy said:

Isn't everyone here a loser?

Oh you're talking about companies.

Lol

Seriously though I do find alot of interest in the buisness side of these things. It's interesting observing the shifts that happen in this industry that we all enjoy. It can be telling of what's to come.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@Star67 said:

@dabear: That's right! It was console wars!!!!

What were the dreamcast fanboys called? I would assume hedgehogs but it was before my time on this forum.

Hmm... I honestly don't remember. If I think of it, I'll respond again.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GirlUSoCrazy

@sargentd: Yeah, it's an interesting part of the business to know what goes on behind the scenes and why they make certain decisions.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

Another thing I was thinking about.

MS still invests in MP gaming unlike Sony.

Sony doesn't make MP games anymore. And they seem to be fumbling with thier strategy of focusing on live service MP games. MS has done a good job integrating cross play with PC and thier home consoles, it helps keep thier MP games filled with a player base.

Logically it makes alot of sense putting a game like sea of thieves on PS. It's a MP focused game that thrives on having higher player counts.

This is why games like Rocket League, Fortnite, OW and COD dominates the MP space. They are Multi-plat and support crossplay. Take games like Halo and Gears, by being exclusives they can never stand a chance of reaching the same amount of playerbase as a COD or fortnite.

Make Halo Multi Plat with crossplay same with Gears. As a fan of both franchises this can do wonders for the playerbase. SONY HAS NO GOOD MP GAMES. Halo Infinite playerbase will double overnite if not triple if it has crossplay with PS5.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

We are.

Because we pick any side but our own, and make stupid posts like this.

@SecretPolice said:

Just like PC gaming, the first true "loser" of gaming. RIP PC gaming😥 Been hearing "PC gaming is dying" for what feels like decades.

😋🤣

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@sargentd said:
@ermacness said:
@sargentd said:

I dont see MS leaving the hardware space. They are honestly good at it. I dont see it worth it to them to abandon hardware completely when its pushing the software and gamepass. As far as comparing the hardware side by side (PS5, Switch, SX) I prefer SX hardware, I like Quick resume, I like the supported BC with thier older catalogs, I like gamepass, and I like play anywhere (cross Progression with my PC) Home consoles are nothing more than mini PCs with a locked down OS anyway nowadays. Most cows prefer PS5 for the few SP exclusives, it's not because the hardware is blowing anything out of the water. Thier subscription service sucks, they have abandoned thier past catalogs and BC, thier integration with PC is non existent.

This move by MS feels natural to me and just an evolution of tech and accessibility. If Sony can sell more consoles than MS because of the few SP exclusives.. so what. MS will sell thier games on both boxes and PC.

If it works and they make a ton of money, Sony going to take pause and follow suit, just like they did with porting exclusives to PC.

As long as there’s a PlayStation, you can put a sure bet that the Xbox WILL NOT be seeing any 1st party Sony titles. The pc move was because more money is never a problem, and the pc isn’t a “direct” competitor to the PlayStation. Even though YOU may prefer the Xbox over the PlayStation, not many others follow this belief as evident by sales, and if they can’t get enough people to see it like you do along with their agenda to make their games playable on ALL platforms then I fail to see why should they keep bleeding money by continuously making hardware.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

If they release all games on Sony and Nintendo consoles then what's the point in releasing a console. It eliminates the need all together.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

Xbox fans always gets beatin up here. They try to argue their way out of everything. But in reality they've been beatin every year with no games to compete against PS and Nintendo. PS and Nintendo been getting great games pretty much every year and competing for GOTY.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SargentD

@ermacness said:
@sargentd said:
@ermacness said:
@sargentd said:

As long as there’s a PlayStation, you can put a sure bet that the Xbox WILL NOT be seeing any 1st party Sony titles. The pc move was because more money is never a problem, and the pc isn’t a “direct” competitor to the PlayStation. Even though YOU may prefer the Xbox over the PlayStation, not many others follow this belief as evident by sales, and if they can’t get enough people to see it like you do along with their agenda to make their games playable on ALL platforms then I fail to see why should they keep bleeding money by continuously making hardware.

We shall see if the strategy works. If it does Sony will consider it. Cows were saying the same thing about MS putting thier 1st party games on PC. They said Sony would never do that. They are now doing that lol..

The hardware isn't a bleed as long as it's pushing games and gamepass subs, no reason for MS to abandon hardware. The hardware it's self doesn't make alot of money (neither does Sony or Ninty hardware) it's just a large pool to sell software too. MS will not leave hardware, they have done great work integrating thier hardware with PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69480 Posts

@robert_sparkes: You are correct. The only way it would make sense is a game for game strategy.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GirlUSoCrazy
@ermacness said:

As long as there’s a PlayStation, you can put a sure bet that the Xbox WILL NOT be seeing any 1st party Sony titles.

If the Open Apps Market Act affects consoles then there may not be any choice for the platform holders.

But then you have multiple stores on each device. Maybe each publisher decides to only sell their games through their own store. Each with their own policies for how users can access their purchases, and maybe each with their own payment methods.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69480 Posts

@girlusocrazy: This is the first time I have heard of this but I doubt it will pass.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#45  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Xbox would be a winner if their games are infiltrating the competitor's platform. You want more people playing your games, not less.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#46 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@Maroxad: Their shareholders took them a b**** to make them go mobile. Might as well as Nintendo to play Russian Roulette with a Beretta 92.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Hmm, you can think of it this way...Xbox has lost the battle...for console sales that is. But they're winning the SYSTEM wars and winning it hard.

Sony and their shareholders and executives are shitting their pants hard, otherwise they wouldn't be changing their strategies so much just to try and keep up with Xbox. Now all of a sudden, Playstation cares about mobile games, live service, and even the PC lol. Give me a break, they are following...it's just their way to be conservative because they are comfortable where they are. MS is hungry and they're about to eat Sony lunch.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 507 Posts

I honestly have never blindly followed a corporation enough to feel like I've ever "lost" anything. That would require me to be loyal in the first place.

I will say I think Microsoft's looking much farther ahead than Sony and Nintendo. Two things that most people know:

A: Sony and Microsoft sell their consoles at a loss and make up for it in software and subscription sales.

And

B: AAA gaming is currently unsustainable and too expensive to continue how it is.

Sony is just now pushing 1st party titles to PC gaming even more than before to try and recoup AAA costs, and Nintendo's left billions of dollars on the table because they refuse to adapt. Now, Microsoft's spent years gathering developers so they can focus on the money maker: software. Who cares about console sales when they sell at a loss and you can still rake in money with game software and subscription sales.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Now if only Sony and Nintendo followed suit and went full multiplatform too.

Sony has.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FireEmblem_Man

@Maroxad: LOL Pokemon Go isn’t a Nintendo title, its a Pokemon Company title