Who would actually be the first System Wars Forum Loser?

• 62 results
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#52 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

@robert_sparkes: Not really, as hardware can still be considered as being a better product. I would certainly consider the Xbox a better hardware product than the PS5, if a game was available on both, I’d play it on the better hardware.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Now if only Sony and Nintendo followed suit and went full multiplatform too.

Sony has.

No they haven’t. Is Ragnarok or Spider-Man 2 on PC yet?

Sony have embraced the PC crowd, but definitely not in the same capacity as MS.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ermacness
@sargentd said:
@ermacness said:
@sargentd said:
@ermacness said:
@sargentd said:

@Star67: I think the reaction to MS possibly putting 1st party titles on other consoles is a bit much. They have already been day 1 PC with all launches of 1st party for years now.. they already have put some titles on switch (like Ori).

I dont think this is comparable to Sega. Hardware sales were way more important back then. The hardware sold is nothing more than a way to increase your instal base because the way you make money is selling games. Not selling consoles. MS sees the money they made putting thier 1st party on PC. Cows scoffed at Xbox for doing it... now Sony is porting all thier games on PC too (they just aren't as good at it).

More plastic boxes that play thier games, bigger instal base to sell too. It's pretty simple strategy.

Do I think this means MS is done making hardware?? No. MS will continue making hardware, but the goal is not to make sure they sell more hardware than Ninty or Sony, the goal is to put thier games on as many screens as possible regardless of what plastic box that customer has. It's a bold strategy, fannies will be upset.

But if MS pulls it off, gets an install base x4 the size of Ninty or Sony and starts making bank.. don't be surprised Sony or Ninty starts to change thier tune and start doing the same thing. At the end of the day they all want to make money.

This really is reminding me of when Cows were saying MS was dying for putting thier games on PC.. now look..

Could be the start of exclusives dying as a business strategy for the gaming industry

To people claiming that MS is leaving the gaming space because of this are delusional IMHO. However I can see where this will end the mark for MS continuous production of the Xbox hardware, especially if they’re considering putting their exclusive games on the competing consoles. Why bleed money and R&D on hardware at that point? I can see that this movement could be the beginning of MS becoming a fully fledged 3rd party developer.

I dont see MS leaving the hardware space. They are honestly good at it. I dont see it worth it to them to abandon hardware completely when its pushing the software and gamepass. As far as comparing the hardware side by side (PS5, Switch, SX) I prefer SX hardware, I like Quick resume, I like the supported BC with thier older catalogs, I like gamepass, and I like play anywhere (cross Progression with my PC) Home consoles are nothing more than mini PCs with a locked down OS anyway nowadays. Most cows prefer PS5 for the few SP exclusives, it's not because the hardware is blowing anything out of the water. Thier subscription service sucks, they have abandoned thier past catalogs and BC, thier integration with PC is non existent.

This move by MS feels natural to me and just an evolution of tech and accessibility. If Sony can sell more consoles than MS because of the few SP exclusives.. so what. MS will sell thier games on both boxes and PC.

If it works and they make a ton of money, Sony going to take pause and follow suit, just like they did with porting exclusives to PC.

As long as there’s a PlayStation, you can put a sure bet that the Xbox WILL NOT be seeing any 1st party Sony titles. The pc move was because more money is never a problem, and the pc isn’t a “direct” competitor to the PlayStation. Even though YOU may prefer the Xbox over the PlayStation, not many others follow this belief as evident by sales, and if they can’t get enough people to see it like you do along with their agenda to make their games playable on ALL platforms then I fail to see why should they keep bleeding money by continuously making hardware.

We shall see if the strategy works. If it does Sony will consider it. Cows were saying the same thing about MS putting thier 1st party games on PC. They said Sony would never do that. They are now doing that lol..

The hardware isn't a bleed as long as it's pushing games and gamepass subs, no reason for MS to abandon hardware. The hardware it's self doesn't make alot of money (neither does Sony or Ninty hardware) it's just a large pool to sell software too. MS will not leave hardware, they have done great work integrating thier hardware with PC.

This would be the case IF Xbox’s were flying off the shelves, but they aren’t, and the xss isn’t helping much on the Xbox camp either. This is why we see a small amount of 3rd party exclusives coming out on Sony’s end as oppose to last gen and the gen before that. Also the Xbox hardware have had very little success for Sony to just follow suit into doing this.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#55 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Sony has.

They are headed there. They just announced they are now going all in on PC and mobile as well as TV streaming. Great news for us gamers that is for sure! The more people that get to play Sony games, the better.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ermacness

@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Sony has.

They are headed there. They just announced they are now going all in on PC and mobile as well as TV streaming. Great news for us gamers that is for sure! The more people that get to play Sony games, the better.

And again Sony haven’t embraced multiplatform like MS has. Until they start releasing games on other platforms DAY 1, then I’ll stand on the FACT that Sony haven’t went fully multiplatform.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 KvallyX

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Sony has.

And again Sony haven’t embraced multiplatform like MS has. Until they start releasing games on other platforms DAY 1, then I’ll stand on the FACT that Sony haven’t went fully multiplatform.

Ok we will just agree to disagree 👍

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@kvallyx: Sony has absolutely NOT.

I am still waiting for:

• FF7R2, Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodborne, GOWR, Spider man 2, Demon's Souls, HFW, etc. to release on PC
  • Future titles like TLOU3, Ghost 2, UC5, New GoW, etc. etc. to release day one on PC
  • PSN to work on PC (an app/launcher just like Steam/Xbox/EGS/Bnet)
  • Trophies to be integrated on your PC games (I want platinum trophies and all the other trophies to progress on PC.

I cannot wait for all this to come to PC, but knowing Sony it will never happen.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#59 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

@Mozelleple112: Either there is a Remaster for bloodborne in the works or there is something going on with Licensing. I can't believe Bloodborne isn't on PC yet. I think it would be a HUGE hit, especially with the success of Elden Ring and the admiration Fromsoft has.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KvallyX

@Mozelleple112 said:

@kvallyx: Sony has absolutely NOT.

I am still waiting for:

• FF7R2, Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodborne, GOWR, Spider man 2, Demon's Souls, HFW, etc. to release on PC
  • Future titles like TLOU3, Ghost 2, UC5, New GoW, etc. etc. to release day one on PC
  • PSN to work on PC (an app/launcher just like Steam/Xbox/EGS/Bnet)
  • Trophies to be integrated on your PC games (I want platinum trophies and all the other trophies to progress on PC.

I cannot wait for all this to come to PC, but knowing Sony it will never happen.

They already are going there. Should we list the games that HAVE already came? And should we list the first party games that are coming day one (which they never used to), such as Helldivers, Marathon (also Xbox), Concord, FairGame$. And now with Sony just announcing a week ago they are going all in on PC and Mobile and TV for gaming, it's the nail in the coffin.

No need for a PS anymore. PC is all we need.

iosrareerio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 iosrareerio
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

Determining the "first System Wars Forum Loser" would largely depend on the context and rules of the forum in question. System Wars forums typically involve debates and discussions about gaming consoles, PCs, and other gaming platforms, often with members passionately defending their preferred systems.

In a light-hearted or humorous sense, the "first System Wars Forum Loser" could be someone who jokingly declares themselves as such, perhaps as a way to diffuse tension or acknowledge that debates over gaming platforms are ultimately subjective and not worth taking too seriously.

However, in a more serious context, singling out an individual as the "first System Wars Forum Loser" could be seen as divisive or unfair. These forums thrive on healthy debate and diversity of opinions, and labeling someone as a "loser" based on their preferences or arguments could lead to unnecessary conflict.

In summary, while the term "System Wars Forum Loser" may be used casually or in jest, it's important to remember the value of respectful discourse and avoiding personal attacks in online communities.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9861 Posts

There are no losers in SW. Everyone participating is a WINNER in my book!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

Some people seem to forget that it's a win/win for SONY and MS for all their games to be sold under one roof. SONY makes money off of each game sold on their marketplace regardless of whether they own or published the game. Sure, MS might get a bigger cut, but that's money on the table for both sides.

MS as a company is much larger, but why wouldn't SONY want as many games as possible for sale on their console? It drives console sales and increases revenue. It's not like if it was a bad thing they couldn't tell MS to screw themselves and simply not allow their games in their ecosystem.

Both sides benefit from a deal like this whether that makes fanboys happy or not. If SONY can eventually add Gamepass as part of their Premium plan then it would give millions of people a reason to actually sub at that rate, because as of now there isn't much of a reason... the more I think about it... maybe that's the plan. Both companies would get more subs and money would flow to each equally through different channels by the same means.

SONY would gain Xbox customers, Xbox would gain SONY customers, both would make more money, more games would be available for all, and SONY could focus on their own service with that increased revenue and make more day 1 game deals with 2nd party devs to sweeten the pot.

This actually (in theory) sounds like a match made in heaven. Revenue would increase across the board, SONY would lose direct console sale wars with Xbox, Xbox would increase software sales making Gamepass more profitable and sustainable, and SONY could focus more on game development, internal growth, and setting the narrative to what a subscription service could offer at maximum value without the need of making all those extra deals themselves that would cut into their funding available for future products.

It all lines up with a new SONY handheld... release a product that has functionality on the PC and console space giving things like the Steam Deck and ROG Ally a huge run for their money. If that's the plan I commend both sides and although I always hoped something like that might happen I certainly never expected it.