Will you buy TloU 2? Given the leaks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Will you buy TloU 2? Given the leaks (132 votes)

Yes I'll buy it no matter what! 31%
I am even more interested then before. 2%
No I was never interested and I'm still not. 44%
I was interested but not anymore! 23%

I want to know if people are interested in purchasing TLOU 2 in light of the current situation. This thread isn't to discuss the leaks but for those that have viewed them if they have any interest in the game now.

I was personally interested because I'm generally a fan of ND games but I can say as of now I no longer have interest in this title. This will be the first ND title I haven't purchased since the last Jax and Daxter.

• 
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#501 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@virusvaccine21: if last of us all of a sudden had gears of war guys with tumor muscles that wouldnt fit either.. People can point out the design of abby is goofy, it is goofy. Shes built like jeff hardy and looks like a dude. Its funny

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#502  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59169 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:
@Vaasman said:

ITT: lazy gamers unironically talk about how possible physical fitness is in a fictional scenario, but don't care that every male character is has biceps bigger than their head. Conveniently their suspension of disbelief falls apart for only one character.

Lol, your post is gold. Honestly, if all the characters in The Last of Us 2 were white men with unrealistic steroid bodies nobody would complain.

Heh.

Weird. Almost like the real reason is something else but it's trying to get pillowed by something that would be perceived as less vile.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@virusvaccine21: lol it wont sell 20 million + Please bookmark this. It won't outsell God of War, UC4 or Spiderman.

The people were saying the same thing about BF5 and it flopped. People said the same thing about ME:A it flopped.. so well see but id hate to tell you it's more then a vocal minority.

And yes if the game was full of white males you would complain. That's how we got here the SJW's couldn't stop crying about it.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504  Edited By VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@virusvaccine21: lol it wont sell 20 million + Please bookmark this. It won't outsell God of War, UC4 or Spiderman.

The people were saying the same thing about BF5 and it flopped. People said the same thing about ME:A it flopped.. so well see but id hate to tell you it's more then a vocal minority.

And yes if the game was full of white males you would complain. That's how we got here the SJW's couldn't stop crying about it.

You're comparing this with ME:A, how?

And no, I've played hundreds of games with white males and never made an issue about it. However, conservatives are the biggest cry babies I've ever seen, "omg black character, trans, lgbtt, muslim - SJW, ban game, blah blah."

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@Vaasman said:

ITT: lazy gamers unironically talk about how possible physical fitness is in a fictional scenario, but don't care that every male character is has biceps bigger than their head. Conveniently their suspension of disbelief falls apart for only one character.

Lol, your post is gold. Honestly, if all the characters in The Last of Us 2 were white men with unrealistic steroid bodies nobody would complain.

Heh.

Weird. Almost like the real reason is something else but it's trying to get pillowed by something that would be perceived as less vile.

Yup, you got us.

That damn transparency hiding our bigotry, oh how it's betrayed us. Perhaps if others actually pulled their heads out of their asses to gasp for a breath of fresh air not enveloped in their own blind ideologies they'd be able to hold some objective stance on the matter. It's a long hope, but a hope nonetheless.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

lol, sjw snowflakes overuse words like "bigot" "racist" and "homophobe" so much that they've become commonplace.

Calling someone one of those labels used to mean something bad, but now it's as common as calling someone an ahole or bastard. Thanks for diminishing those terms that should have been reserved for the worst among us. Now they're fodder thrown at anyone who doesn't parrot shit like "orange man bad" etc.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507  Edited By VirusVaccine21

@briguyb13 said:

lol, sjw snowflakes overuse words like "bigot" "racist" and "homophobe" so much that they've become commonplace.

Calling someone one of those labels used to mean something bad, but now it's as common as calling someone an ahole or bastard. Thanks for diminishing those terms that should have been reserved for the worst among us. Now they're fodder thrown at anyone who doesn't parrot shit like "orange man bad" etc.

Conservative snowflakes use the word SJW so much that they've become commonplace.

Also, not sure why you're adding Trump to this. He's literally the worst president of all time, just look at the economy. He's bad.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508  Edited By R-Gamer

@virusvaccine21: The developers trolled their fanbase and got wrecked.

And yes all you lefties did was bitch about playing games with white males. That's how we got here.. that's how con artist like Anita sarkeesian were able to raise millions because if a bunch of pathetic snowflakes bitched about equality.. and their idea of equality is killing off and Minimalizing old heroes in favor of characters that will appeal to 5% of their audience.

Also nobody is asking for it to get cancelled that's shit you all do.. were just making people aware of what this trash is and then people can decide if it's worth buying or not.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#509 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59169 Posts

> 11 pages of crying

> Implies other people are pathetic snowflakes

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510  Edited By VirusVaccine21

@r-gamer said:

@virusvaccine21: The developers trolled their fanbase and got wrecked.

And yes all you lefties did was bitch about playing games with white males. That's how we got here.. that's how con artist like Anita sarkeesian were able to raise millions because if a bunch of pathetic snowflakes bitched about equality.. and their idea of equality is killing off and minimizing old heroes in favor of characters that will appeal to 5% of their audience.

Other than a couple of vocal minority white males on internet forums, literally nobody cares about this. The movie industry and game industry are mostly liberal. Conservatives need to stop moaning so much - this trend won't stop. The game will still sell 20+ million plus and earn 92+ on Metacritic. Naughty Dog really don't care about people like you, hyper conservative white males with bigotry aren't their target market.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

Sensitive minds are treating SJW like it's some minority group and it's offensive to call out SJW's for their bullshit now.

SJW's also think it's perfectly okay to devalue very real words like racist and bigot by throwing them at just about anyone that has a different thought.

I think people should start getting modded for throwing such hateful words at other people with no base of reason, because they are VERY strong words that should not be tossed around so lightly.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512  Edited By R-Gamer

@virusvaccine21: lol a couple vocal minorities.. your outnumbered now sorry bro.

Then well see if LGBTQ crowd and valiant white knights can support the game. It won't come anywhere close to 20 million and when it flops I look forward to the excuses. Just like ME:A, just like BF5 it's going to be a trainwreck.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

> 11 pages of crying

> Implies other people are pathetic snowflakes

Some people just want to watch the whole world burn.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 VirusVaccine21

@r-gamer said:

@virusvaccine21: lol a couple vocal minorities.. your outnumbered now sorry bro.

Then well see if LGBTQ crowd and valiant white knights can support the game. It won't come anywhere close to 20 million and when it flops I look forward to the excuses. Just like ME:A, just like BF5 it's going to be a trainwreck.

How exactly am I outnumbered? You actually think this game will flop on sales? You're being extremely delusional. Again, Naughty Dog will show white heterosexual males how little their masculine voices are heard. Also, I'm going to watch your meltdown when the game scores massive on Metactitic. "Oh bu bu Gamespot, MEdia SJW - ONLY Metacritic user scores for trolls like me matter."

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515  Edited By MirkoS77

@jaydan said:

Sensitive minds are treating SJW like it's some minority group and it's offensive to call out SJW's for their bullshit now.

SJW's also think it's perfectly okay to devalue very real words like racist and bigot by throwing them at just about anyone that has a different thought.

I think people should start getting modded for throwing such hateful words at other people with no base of reason, because they are VERY strong words that should not be tossed around so lightly.

What's truly disgusting is that these people cannot even articulate a half decent argument, so they must resort to labeling people bigots and every 'ism' under the sun, to cheerleading, and if that's absent, to walking away feeling victorious.

There is absolutely a case to be made that an agenda is at play. Are agendas intrinsically bad? No, but they can be, and when Naughty Dog's creative director embraces the WORST person in furtherment of so-called "progress", it amazes me that people simply disregard this in their continual vapid accusations towards others simply because they're too fucking stupid to actually take a look at the evidence as a collective, understand the nuance of an argument, and are utterly unable to remove it from their rabid ideologies they believe are so progressive. When point in fact, they are the enemy they believe they are fighting against. It's really remarkable the amount of self-unawareness that these people exist in.

Seriously, **** them. I'm no Trump supporter myself, I've made it known I despise the man, but you'd have to be BLIND not to see what's going on here. Christ have I lost an immense amount of respect for many users on this board I obviously gave far too much credit to. They may have the best of intentions at heart, but they are nonetheless morons.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 R-Gamer

@virusvaccine21: Lol you think white heterosexual males have no buying power? Bahaha..

As for reviews I have no doubt it will score great the gaming media will love it but bookmark this thread the sales will not meet expectations.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 VirusVaccine21

@r-gamer said:

@virusvaccine21: Lol you think white heterosexual males have no buying power? Bahaha..

As for reviews I have no doubt it will score great the gaming media will love it but bookmark this thread the sales will not meet expectations.

Let's place a bet, then. It reaches 6 million in sales within the first week. Yes or no?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@virusvaccine21: Last time you made a bet it was Crackdown 3, that didn't turn out well for you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#519 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

This thread started okay, but holy shit, how is it still open?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#520  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

This thread started okay, but holy shit, how is it still open?

I know. I am surprised it is still going. Nowhere, but its going.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521  Edited By R-Gamer

@virusvaccine21: No it won't hit 6 million in the first week.

I'll take that bet.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522  Edited By MirkoS77

@r-gamer: perhaps not, but this will still sell. Fairly well I’m betting.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Why does the far right get so upset up about non whites or non straight people in less than 1% of entertainment?

I've never seen such big crybabies over something so stupid. Don't like blacks, women, or gays in your game? Then don't play the game! Go join your weirdo anti-vacc protests in MI or something.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524  Edited By MirkoS77

Been thinking a bit on these leaks. What bothers me the most hearing about the direction of this story is the lack of capitalization upon a situation from the end of the original that easily could've been harnessed to massive dramatic effect in its sequel. This is what they left us with at the ending of TLoU:

• Ellie is a friend of Marlene, who knew Ellie's mother and has raised, treated, and protected her as a daughter
  • Joel meets Ellie and they eventually bond like a father and daughter, something the player actively partakes in and watches blossom
  • Joel kills Marlene, someone Ellie cares for immensely and has more of a history than she does with Joel
  • Joel lies to Ellie about the truth of her fate

TLoU 2 is supposed to be a story about hate and vengeance.....well I can honestly think of no better narrative set-up to use with already established and beloved characters that holds a potential dynamic existing between them completely conducive to that narrative theme than that.

Yet what do they do? Instead of Ellie being torn by her feelings between Marlene and Joel when the revelation of a lie would tear open a painful wound, they resort to the fate of some random nobody NPC doctor who was nothing but cannon fodder in the original, completely undeveloped, with no attachments to any known character, and base a story of revenge around that. The relationship between, Joel, Ellie, Marlene, the lie......all not a part of the equation in granting impetus to the reason of what's driving the story. Instead, we get some daughter we care nothing for mourning a doctor we care nothing for, and in fact took pleasure in slaughtering like an animal to save the one for who we did.

What were they thinking in disregarding all of this? If these leaks are in fact true, this is going to turn out to be one of the greatest narrative missed opportunities in gaming history.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39385 Posts

They need to rework this game like how they reworked Sonic in the movie

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@MirkoS77: This way they can shoehorn in an agenda, enable a narrative to appease progressive ideology. They can exhibit lesbianism, kill whitey, empower a transgender character and demonize Christianity all in a single game. Yehaw.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Been thinking a bit on these leaks. What bothers me the most hearing about the direction of this story is the lack of capitalization upon a situation from the end of the original that easily could've been harnessed to massive dramatic effect in its sequel. This is what they left us with at the ending of TLoU:

• Ellie is a friend of Marlene, who knew Ellie's mother and has raised, treated, and protected her as a daughter
  • Joel meets Ellie and they eventually bond like a father and daughter, something the player actively partakes in and watches blossom
  • Joel kills Marlene, someone Ellie cares for immensely and has more of a history than she does with Joel
  • Joel lies to Ellie about the truth of her fate

TLoU 2 is supposed to be a story about hate and vengeance.....well I can honestly think of no better narrative set-up to use with already established and beloved characters that holds a potential dynamic existing between them completely conducive to that narrative theme than that.

Yet what do they do? Instead of Ellie being torn by her feelings between Marlene and Joel when the revelation of a lie would tear open a painful wound, they resort to the fate of some random nobody NPC doctor who was nothing but cannon fodder in the original, completely undeveloped, with no attachments to any known character, and base a story of revenge around that. The relationship between, Joel, Ellie, Marlene, the lie......all not a part of the equation in granting impetus to the reason of what's driving the story. Instead, we get some daughter we care nothing for mourning a doctor we care nothing for, and in fact took pleasure in slaughtering like an animal to save the one for who we did.

What were they thinking in disregarding all of this? If these leaks are in fact true, this is going to turn out to be one of the greatest narrative missed opportunities in gaming history.

This is something that I can agree with you on. They could have done better then what they have. Even with something different to what your describing. They could shoehorn what ever and still do better.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528  Edited By MirkoS77

@briguyb13 said:

@MirkoS77: This way they can shoehorn in an agenda, enable a narrative to appease progressive ideology. They can exhibit lesbianism, kill whitey, empower a transgender character and demonize Christianity all in a single game. Yehaw.

They wouldn't need to abandon what they had to further their ideologies. There'd be nothing about that direction that's stopping Ellie from developing a female love interest or precluding Joel's death (which could've been far more impactful at the hands of Ellie). I'm for one betting that Abby isn't actually a trans so that's irrelevant (and aside, Lev looks to be), and as for Christianity....eh, still possible.

It makes zero sense to toss all that narrative potential aside. They spend an entire game beautifully building characters up, intertwining them, having a lie barely holding things together just teasing us to bring the whole house of cards down, and then they go and do this crap. Using some random NPC doctor who is as noteworthy as any other enemy or zombie we killed along the way. When Marlene is literally on the opposite side of the door, right at the end of the game.

I mean, I have to hand it to Naughty Dog, really. It's quite the accomplishment to ignore such potential staring them straight in the face for a continuation of the narrative direction I believe many fans would've been happy and open to exploring, not to mention holds the possibility to be absolutely incredible if executed properly.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 VirusVaccine21

@zaryia said:

Why does the far right get so upset up about non whites or non straight people in less than 1% of entertainment?

I've never seen such big crybabies over something so stupid. Don't like blacks, women, or gays in your game? Then don't play the game! Go join your weirdo anti-vacc protests in MI or something.

Because they're losing power. It's obvious the media is liberal, because they are more artistic and dedicated hence why blue states account for most of U.S economy. Remember these same people used to kill gays and enslave blacks. They can't do it now, so their anger is geared towards and form of media.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#530 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-you-buy-tlou2-regardless-of-the-leaks.197733/

apperently reset era 90% buying it. they will defend it no matter what cost.

here case in point is different scenerio.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-you-buy-tlou2-regardless-of-the-leaks.197733/

Only 90%? That surprises me. Perhaps not enough straight white males were slaughtered as to their liking.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#532 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Only 90%? That surprises me. Perhaps not enough straight white males were slaughtered as to their liking.

Thier mods wont allow criticism. people who criticized BF5 banned there, same will happen with last of us 2. so all of them praise the game.

but if game has white male protagonist, everyone there criticize the game, calling it bad, generic etc. no problem.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#533 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:

Remember these same people used to kill gays and enslave blacks. They can't do it now, so their anger is geared towards and form of media.

Why the f*ck, is this kinda shit still circulating SW mods? @davillain- You're doing a commendable one-man job, but Jesus we should get some more mod support in some of these threads.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534  Edited By VirusVaccine21

@lundy86_4 said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

Remember these same people used to kill gays and enslave blacks. They can't do it now, so their anger is geared towards and form of media.

Why the f*ck, is this kinda shit still circulating SW mods? @davillain- You're doing a commendable one-man job, but Jesus we should get some more mod support in some of these threads.

Okay, so you want to silence me but everyone talking smack about trans people are allowed to speak?

There's nothing moddable about my post since it wasn't geared toward any users or are we going to deny that gays haven't been killed and blacks were enslaved?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#535 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:

Because they're losing power. It's obvious the media is liberal, because they are more artistic and dedicated hence why blue states account for most of U.S economy. Remember these same people used to kill gays and enslave blacks. They can't do it now, so their anger is geared towards and form of media.

The folks here might be a bit extreme in there stance that everything is agenda but WTF?
The folks here might be a bit extreme in there stance that everything is agenda but WTF?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

For once, I couldn't agree more. I can't do this shit all by myself!

As for the thread itself. This has gone long enough and it really derailed so badly, it's getting locked starting now!