Xbox multiplatform details coming [Update: Business update is coming Feb 15th on the Official Xbox Podcast]

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#201 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70031 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I’ve had Xbox consoles since the original Xbox and have enjoyed them all. If they continue to provide a console, games, and services that I find value in then I will continue to enjoy them. If not then I will move on. I’m not going to get mad about it. That’s why it pays to not be a fanboy for something. 😎

My reliable sources Sony fannies 😂 told me that MS is leaving gaming in 2027, so abandon ship now. In fact, you need to be raging.😎

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#202 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

Lems, go get Tim…

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44363 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I’ve had Xbox consoles since the original Xbox and have enjoyed them all. If they continue to provide a console, games, and services that I find value in then I will continue to enjoy them. If not then I will move on. I’m not going to get mad about it. That’s why it pays to not be a fanboy for something. 😎

My reliable sources Sony fannies 😂 told me that MS is leaving gaming in 2027, so abandon ship now. In fact, you need to be raging.😎

I'll just wait it out. If I'm the last one on this ship the...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#204 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

how lemmings like @Pedro@kvallyx feel right now

and how Cows and sheeps feel right now

Sorry, I was up north for the weekend! Glad to be back! And glad to be a manticore, where I lose nothing on Xbox going fully multiplatform! WOOT

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 GhostOfGolden

@Chutebox said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Phil was playing Diablo last night, and just did some lite reading on Era a little bit ago.

I don't get it lol

Phil’s was too busy playing video games lastnight to address the chaos in Xbox world. But after reading ResetEra earlier today, we get an update!

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#206 Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12342 Posts

@ghostofgolden:

Damn, it really does sound like it's all true.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Phil was playing Diablo last night, and just did some lite reading on Era a little bit ago.

Phil is probably laughing so hard at the meltdowns. He's chasing the bag.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50619 Posts

I legit don't why people would be upset. Saves you money. Who cares?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

Its actually happening. Wow.

There are so many decades-old bets that can be cashed now or once the announcement hits.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 GhostOfGolden

@Chutebox said:

The twitter/youtubers that pay their bills by “covering” Xbox. The forum users that for some reason attached their identity to Xbox. The people who thought Game Pass was the “best deal in gaming.” Whoops! But hey, most cults come to a tragic end don’t they?

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

There are so many decades-old bets that can be cashed now or once the announcement hits.

Many posts from the mid 2000's to dig up here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Pedro  Online

@ghostofgolden said:
@Chutebox said:

The twitter/youtubers that pay their bills by “covering” Xbox. The forum users that for some reason attached their identity to Xbox. The people who thought Game Pass was the “best deal in gaming.” Whoops! But hey, most cults come to a tragic end don’t they?

Gamepass stopped being the best deal in gaming? 😂

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1142 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Any accounts getting deleted?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Chutebox said:

Gamepass stopped being the best deal in gaming? 😂

It’s burning down the previous Xbox strategy… The “deal” was unsustainable. They have to sell software to direct competitors in order to support giving AAA software to subscribers on a “ecosystem” with the smallest marketshare. The buzz surrounding COD not going to Game Pass is only getting louder as well.

All this is happening and you STILL don’t see it?!?!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Pedro  Online

@ghostofgolden: Cool, now share the info of it not being the best deal because you are just confirming it is.😎

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

@girlusocrazy: @mazuiface: I'm sure most of the accounts involved are no longer in use for variety reasons, but there is a chance there may be some active members here involved whether on new accounts or otherwise.

I recall a "Dreamcast" being used as a verb pertaining to this. If you want to dig for the oil, we are sitting on it now.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22840 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Pretty sure Lems were saying that Xbox wouldn't spend billions of dollars to acquire these publishers only to make their games multiplat...

Umm... Microsoft makes all their games multiplat on day one.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Pedro  Online

@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Pretty sure Lems were saying that Xbox wouldn't spend billions of dollars to acquire these publishers only to make their games multiplat...

PC doesn't count apparently. You know how these Sony fannies love to flip-flop.😂

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

@ghostofgolden: and who cares if they do sell multiplatform games to fund gamepass? Also where is your proof for such a statement?

I mean, why would Xbox be dumb to not go for that revenue stream? They could still be generating a profit regardless. The Xbox fans are all gamepass or bust, and there's probably 150 million Playstation fans who don't want the best deal in gaming. Soo, why not sell to them. Especially considering Bethesda used to be 3rd party anyway.

Also, I said earlier that putting cod on gamepass would be dumb af. They need to milk everyone hard as possible, there are a ton of dumb people out there and they deserve to get milked.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@Chutebox said:

Timdog's saying the same people leaking this also saying Day and Date Gamepass releases will also go away. That sounds super familiar.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

Sorry, I was up north for the weekend! Glad to be back! And glad to be a manticore, where I lose nothing on Xbox going fully multiplatform! WOOT

glad to hear it amigo, but dang soon we can't play fanboy against each other any more. you better join team Nintendo !! so we can continue our war against each other.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 daredevils2k

Seeeing Ryan from IGN post something about this matter hit me really hard. I've been listening to his podcast since the 360 era on a weekly basis. Even when I jumped ship to the ps4 , I still listened to Xbox Unlocked.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Chutebox said:

Timdog's saying the same people leaking this also saying Day and Date Gamepass releases will also go away. That sounds super familiar.

That will be the ultimate slap in the face of all the "MS is so Pro consumer" cheerleaders on this board.

These fools all tried to hail MS as some type of savior for trying to lure people in Gamepass on a service that they ALWAYS planned to jack up prices or ditch the hardware and leave gamers relying on digital streaming that MS can cut off at any time once you stop paying.

Funny shit.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 GhostOfGolden

@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Umm... When people were saying that, they were referring to games like Starfield and the next Elder Scrolls etc being on PlayStation.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45330 Posts

who would’ve thought we’d see this!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Pedro  Online
@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

PC doesn't count apparently. You know how these Sony fannies love to flip-flop.😂

@ghostofgolden said:

Umm... When people were saying that, they were referring to games like Starfield and the next Elder Scrolls etc being on PlayStation.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Zero_epyon  Online
@above_average said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Chutebox said:

That will be the ultimate slap in the face of all the "MS is so Pro consumer" cheerleaders on this board.

These fools all tried to hail MS as some type of savior for trying to lure people in Gamepass on a service that they ALWAYS planned to jack up prices or ditch the hardware and leave gamers relying on digital streaming that MS can cut off at any time once you stop paying.

Funny shit.

If you think about it they already did. You gotta pay an extra $30 and be a subscriber to get early access. Basically making it a delayed release for regular gamepass users.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@daredevils2k said:

Seeeing Ryan from IGN post something about this matter hit me really hard. I've been listening to his podcast since the 360 era on a weekly basis. Even when I jumped ship to the ps4 , I still listened to Xbox Unlocked.

Ryan is spot on here. Xbox has ALWAYS been reactive and defensive. Phil Spencer did nothing to change that. What Phil did accomplish was tricking a bunch of consumers into thinking Xbox wasn't worried about software/hardware sales and market performance. They believed Xbox cared about and pushed value first. And that somehow "monthly active users" was the most important metric moving forward. (LMAO!) Well how'd that turn out folks? Here we are now with Xbox scrambling for revenue streams and paying customers, PR nightmare be damned

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 daredevils2k

@ghostofgolden said:
@daredevils2k said:

Ryan is spot on here. Xbox has ALWAYS been reactive and defensive. Phil Spencer did nothing to change that. What Phil did accomplish was tricking a bunch of consumers into thinking Xbox wasn't worried about software/hardware sales and market performance. They believed Xbox cared about and pushed value first. And that somehow "monthly active users" was the most important metric moving forward. (LMAO!) Well how'd that turn out folks? Here we are now with Xbox scrambling for revenue streams and paying customers, PR nightmare be damned

I agree with you. Ever since GP was announced, you and I amongst other cows told lems that this isn't good for the future. Ive felt MS never wanted to fix the problem they were having with their exclusives, so they always went out to buy them. Even though I made tons of threads joking about the state of the xbox, deep down I wanted MS to push and be like sony and Nintendo. meaning, instead of buying up games, put more money into MS studios and make something great, just like they did with the Halo Franchise. To me xbox is a very important console, because without it why would sony even try if their number competitor is out of the game. Thanks to Xbox, sony was able to up their game when it came to online services, and making sony to use a computer chip that is more game-dev friendly. These are the good things XBOX brought to the table and seeing it go away like this is very sad. Plus with out lems to joke around with, what is the point of system wars? nintendo fans are little b.... (joking)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22840 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:
@Chutebox said:

Those are weak reasons to be upset... 😂 If Microsoft is going full publisher, gamers save. As I often say, I'd live to buy one box that plays everything. I do own Microsoft stock and it's doing very well based on my buy in price over the past few years... I don't bean count for corporations though so whatever dollars and cents go into profiting off games is left to them. As a consumer I just want availability to be priority number one. I also have no dog in the fight with Gamepass. I've never subscribed because I don't game enough overall. I stick to one or two games until I beat them and often buy low.

Gamepass is likely getting morphed into something else. Can't imagine them being able to keep up with those big pay checks for day one bangers. Seemed crazy when that report dropped.

Will be interesting to see it unfold over the next weeks/months...! I'm still rooting for Sony to go day 1 on PC!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#232 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15960 Posts

If Xbox wants to see jrpg selling on consoles then it is time

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#233 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

Kinda hope this ain't true, because this can mean a lot of layoffs, and we have had more than enough lately.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Pedro  Online

@sakaixx said:

If Xbox wants to see jrpg selling on consoles then it is time

Sales[edit]

Lost Odyssey reportedly sold 40,000 copies in Japan on its first day at retail, around 50% of the shipment. As of February 2008, the game has sold 104,417 copies in Japan according to Famitsu numbers.[72] Its sales figures impressed Microsoft enough that they were considering turning Lost Odyssey into a series.[73] As of April 2010, the game has sold 109,517 units in Japan, becoming the ninth best-selling game for the platform.[74] The game has done much better in the West; according to NPD numbers Lost Odyssey debuted at #7, selling 203,000 in its debut month of February in North America.[75] At its UK debut, it debuted at #6 in the gaming charts.[76]

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Archangel3371

GamePass is still the best deal in gaming as far as I’m concerned. As long as they continue to keep it that way then I will be a subscriber. This news does nothing to change that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Pedro  Online

@Archangel3371 said:

GamePass is still the best deal in gaming as far as I’m concerned. As long as they continue to keep it that way then I will be a subscriber. This news does nothing to change that.

It would be funny if this hoopla was Gamepass transitioning to no more Day One's.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Archangel3371

@Pedro: That would be very interesting indeed. 😅

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

@Pedro: it's funny you mention that. Day 1 on gamepass is also rumored to be going away.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

LMAO Microsoft just giving up? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Shit, our system fucking SUCKS! Might as well port everything to PS5!"

The game is truly over for lemmings.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

agreed.. I put a ton of hours into games like Starfield via Game Pass.. other people decided to buy the game at full price on another storefront like Steam.. options are a good thing..

that's why i support initiatives like Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, and PlayStation PC.. the less barriers placed around gaming content, the better..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Pedro  Online

@uitravioience said:

@Pedro: it's funny you mention that. Day 1 on gamepass is also rumored to be going away.

Then I will enjoy it while it lasts.😊

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#242 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

glad to hear it amigo, but dang soon we can't play fanboy against each other any more. you better join team Nintendo !! so we can continue our war against each other.

I am going full on cow or hermit. Leaning on hermit.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#243 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a leader as defeatist as Phil Spencer in the corporate world.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Archangel3371

@Antwan3K: For sure. Played a lot of great games, some that I wouldn’t have even tried otherwise, with GamePass.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#245  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44632 Posts

I've been feeling for a while late February will be the time the ABK content dump will start arriving on Game Pass, and we'd have maybe a week or so of notice when it would happen. Jeez, gotta say, timing is looking good. Probably couldn't hurt to address these rumors with it. The supposed rumors were this would go public in a few months, would save us a whole lot of trouble to get clarity now. Getting some news like HiFi Rush and Sea of Thieves going to Switch might not be so bad if they're also dumping a ton of choice ABK content on Game Pass.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Zero_epyon  Online

It's crazy that all these games are rumored to come to PS5 except for Redfall.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

People outside of SW get it. That title is spot on, and god damn the gameplay awful. No idea how dabear spent over 200h on this mess.

Loading Video...
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#248 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15960 Posts

$75billion Activision + 7 billion Zenimax acquisition. Gamepass sub stuck at 25m for years and Xbox users not buying as many games due to Gamepass. Games like Redfall and Forza Motorsport bombed. Lots of reason for this move.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

People outside of SW get it. That title is spot on, and god damn the gameplay awful. No idea how dabear spent over 200h on this mess.

So you're gonna buy it on PS5 I take it?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:

It's crazy that all these games are rumored to come to PS5 except for Redfall.

Nah PS5 gets Deathloop 2 (10/10) exclusively.