Xbox Series X or PC - which did you end up choosing?

• 84 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Antwan3K: Yeah, the PS5 multiplat nod is a little odd.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@Antwan3K said:

why would anyone play mulitplats on a PS5 over a gaming PC?..

Same can be said about an Xbox. Well under normal circumstances anyway. PC GPUs are so hard to come by, I’ve been telling people to just get an Xbox Series X for now. (If they can even find one of those). Luckily this news dropped today.

absolutely.. even more so actually because if you have a gaming PC, you really don't need an Xbox console..

not sure why we are stating the obvious though.. i'm just curious as to why @joshrmeyer would think otherwise..

you really are oblivious to the fact that most people that play consoles, don't feel like playing on a pc, and it's more than people using their pc for work.

console is one platform where everything is interconnected and competely controller operated

A pc is so many different platforms, mouse operated, and interconnection is either not available or not as user friendly.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By commander

@SolidGame_basic said:

As my PC gets older, I've been thinking about this more and more. Here are the pros/cons the way I see it:

Xbox Series X

• XSX's $500 is a steal! There might be a holiday bundle to make the pot sweeter.
  • Xbox 1st party games should be well optimized for the system.
  • Forward compatibility is nice even though the chance of me using it is low lol.
  • Can get physical games!

PC

• Obviously you can get better hardware, but at a higher price.
  • Access to more games including old Sony games 😄
  • Don't have to pay for online multiplayer, but cheating is a recurring concern.
  • All digital, but can often get a discount.

My PC is 5.5 years old now (using GPU 980TI) so I would need to upgrade a bunch of things. The XSX looks good from a price standpoint, but adding the Live service complicates things.

What say you, SW? Have you considered between the two or always knew what you wanted?

I now have a pc with a gtx 1070 and still an original xboxone. I don't have a playstation, I might get a ps5 if the psvr 2 is something.

AT the moment I'm just waiting for the gpu prices to drop to get a better gpu for skyrim vr. I might get a series x if my old x1 breaks down or doesn't run the games I want anymore

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

PC is better than Xbox. This is a factual statement

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 644 Posts

I like gaming on PC much more than on console, so I would pick even a less powerful PC over getting a XSX.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

I’m interested in a series x fir starield and forza. I’ll look in 2022.

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

PC, obviously......

.....as long as you already have a good rig. If you don't, sheesh. Them prices.

Double sheesh.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts

@commander said:

you really are oblivious to the fact that most people that play consoles, don't feel like playing on a pc, and it's more than people using their pc for work.

console is one platform where everything is interconnected and competely controller operated

A pc is so many different platforms, mouse operated, and interconnection is either not available or not as user friendly.

lol.. this guy thinks i don't believe in console gamers.. 😂😅🤣

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@Antwan3K: Did you even bother reading the thread? I'm assuming a PS5 will run multiplats better than his old PC. That was my comment.

Edit: Ok I see the confusion. He didn't state he already owns a PS5 in original post. I was saying since he already has a PS5, play multiplats on that for now and anything not on PS5(xbox games) on his PC.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I wanted to get a GPU for my PC this year, then all went to hell. Probably just gonna get a Series X at this point, since it's 1000€ cheaper than the GPU I want for my PC.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

I generally like playing on consoles, connected to the projector in the media room, versus continuing to be on the computer. But I couldn't even get a GPU if I wanted to upgrade mine for better FPS's with my wider monitor.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@Antwan3K: Did you even bother reading the thread? I'm assuming a PS5 will run multiplats better than his old PC. That was my comment.

Edit: Ok I see the confusion. He didn't state he already owns a PS5 in original post. I was saying since he already has a PS5, play multiplats on that for now and anything not on PS5(xbox games) on his PC.

in that context, it makes much more sense..

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

As my PC gets older, I've been thinking about this more and more. Here are the pros/cons the way I see it:

Xbox Series X

• XSX's $500 is a steal! There might be a holiday bundle to make the pot sweeter.
  • Xbox 1st party games should be well optimized for the system.
  • Forward compatibility is nice even though the chance of me using it is low lol.
  • Can get physical games!

PC

• Obviously you can get better hardware, but at a higher price.
  • Access to more games including old Sony games 😄
  • Don't have to pay for online multiplayer, but cheating is a recurring concern.
  • All digital, but can often get a discount.

My PC is 5.5 years old now (using GPU 980TI) so I would need to upgrade a bunch of things. The XSX looks good from a price standpoint, but adding the Live service complicates things.

What say you, SW? Have you considered between the two or always knew what you wanted?

I chose both. Bought an Xbox Series X on launch. Recently built a new PC with Ryzen 5 5600x and Radeon RX 6800XT. I paid through the nose for that GPU, and it wasn't even the one I wanted (I wanted a GTX 3080). :(

My take, until GPU prices come back down from the stratosphere, Xbox Series X is probably the way to go.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 UnnDunn

@Fairmonkey said:

Any sentence that includes the words "better/worse than" is always an opinion.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@UnnDunn: not to be pedantic, but that's not true, lol

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

I'd like to see anyone build a 500 dollar 4k capable PC with brand new parts

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

@ocinom said:

AND include controller and 4K player.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#68 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ocinom said:

AND include controller and 4K player.

Probably if you get the 5 finger discount.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

@ocinom said:

That's impossible. Are you implying someone is saying that it's possible?

@Fairmonkey said:

Indeed. A PC can do everything an Xbox can do. But better. Plus more. Of course it'll cost more.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

@Litchie: it can cost whatever u want it to be as long as you are ok with 1080p instead of 4k. You can make it cheaper or cheaper than xbox in the long run

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 UnnDunn

@xantufrog said:

Yes it is. What is considered "good" or "bad" (and therefore "better than" or "worse than") is always subjective and therefore an opinion.

If you had said "PC is more capable than Xbox", that's a factual statement. But saying "PC is better than Xbox" is meaningless unless you define what is "good" and what is "bad", and everyone will have a slightly different definition.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@shellcase86 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Xbox Series X

Had to stop reading there. What makes you think a bundle is a possibility when there is no supply currently, i.e. plenty of demand?

I see bundles even now. But I know from previous experience Xbox does pretty generous bundles around the holidays. It's still 5 months from now so hopefully stock situation will be better.

Oh, you mean these bundles that cost as much as a decent prebuilt computer? 😂

Yeah, those are the only bundles I see -- nothing reminiscent to a holiday bundle where you save a little money or at least are paying MSRP.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@UnnDunn said:
@xantufrog said:

Yes it is. What is considered "good" or "bad" (and therefore "better than" or "worse than") is always subjective and therefore an opinion.

If you had said "PC is more capable than Xbox", that's a factual statement. But saying "PC is better than Xbox" is meaningless unless you define what is "good" and what is "bad", and everyone will have a slightly different definition.

I'm being super pedantic, but you are wrong/overgeneralizing. It is NOT subjective that being healthy is better than being sick. It's not subjective that being robbed is worse than not being robbed ;-) PC being better than XBox is subjective.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mane_basic
Member since 2002 • 537 Posts

just finish upgrading my pc yesterday.. the 3080 was the last part to go in and i was shocked i was able to get one. only paid $1000 for it. O and got to have gamepass. pay $19/ month for netflix while just $10 for GP i barely use netflix but always DL random games to try... If i ever have to drop one to save money it would be netflix

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

If I only had to choose one between the two (or really between anything), I would choose the PC. Far more flexible, a larger and better library of games, better graphics and performance and etc. The only downside of the PC I can see (other than the current shortage of GPU's), is its support for HDR and Surround Sound. It's support for HDR is finnicky at best, has some issues and also constantly having to turn it on and off (my PC is also connected to my TV for couch gaming). More importantly, the support for surround sound is sometimes finnicky too (have not tested this extensively yet, but at least with ME Legendary, no surround, but works on others so maybe its game related).

Both are good systems though, hence why I have both (actually, have two XSX, second one was almost free since I sold my old Xbox One X for over $400).

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Gamestop had XSX's in store today 😮 Keyword, had.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 commander

@Antwan3K said:

absolutely.. even more so actually because if you have a gaming PC, you really don't need an Xbox console..

not sure why we are stating the obvious though.. i'm just curious as to why @joshrmeyer would think otherwise..

@Antwan3K said:
@commander said:

lol.. this guy thinks i don't believe in console gamers.. 😂😅🤣

because that's what you said, and you also gave me that impression in our discussion about E3.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

Xbox Series X (own two PS5’s, PS4 Pro, One X, Switch too). I’ll never be a PC gamer. It’s just not “gaming” to me. M&K isn’t gaming. It’s like ordering an “impossible” plant based burger. Just get the real thing. Consoles all the way.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@BassMan said:

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Pc. Now that the dust has settled, the xsex doesn't seem so powerful after all.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Why not both? It is not like you need a PS5 anymore since those games go to PC anyways. So why get a PS5 to pay the most for games and use the worst controller. Xbox/PC with game pass and the best controller is where it is at.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#82 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

PC is not viable for most people, unless you have pot luck at grabbing a 3080 FE like me. Today's prices are dumb as shit, I would tell people to buy a PS5 and XSX.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

Xbox Series X (own two PS5’s, PS4 Pro, One X, Switch too). I’ll never be a PC gamer. It’s just not “gaming” to me. M&K isn’t gaming. It’s like ordering an “impossible” plant based burger. Just get the real thing. Consoles all the way.

If you're bad at shooters (and rts/moba/mmorpg/arpg/tbs/sim) and have to use controllers for some weird reason, PC can use more controllers than consoles.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1650 Posts

How about if you're like me with a Series X and an RTX 2080 gaming PC?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts

I bought an x. No need for a pc