"You don't understand Destiny"-no-you're just hard to please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So, Destiny.

Has:

- About 7 hours of single player story

- PVP

- Online co-op

Thats more than the average game.

Heres where I shake my head. Gamers constantly say that gameplay is the most important thing. There are a lot of indy games PC and console that have last gen graphics....not that great stories or little story....presentation is non existent....lousy pace.

But we play them....b/c gamers constantly say gameplay is what is most important.

Yet....Destiny....everyone complains. But the gameplay....the shooting mechanics are the one thing everyone praises about the game. The gameplay is universally enjoyed.

Yet...many review sites gave it mediocre scores....and gamers hated on it.

So...it just goes to show....that most ppl are don't know what they want or are just trying to be "hardcore".

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

The game is half baked and horribly repetitive and fails at trying to combine the two genres into one on every front. Nothing to excited about. Just another shitty game with a marketing budget that far out weighs what actually went into the game itself. It gets the reviews it gets because gaming journalists work for companies that get payed by companies like Activision. I'm sure some enjoy it but a lot of people got over this horrible style of game a long time ago, with the old 90's MMO's. Ya grinding for random loot... No thank you.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Agreed. Any game that scores low and is universally panned isn't really bad at all, Gamers are just too hard to please.

BigRigs was excellent.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

You logic is flawed. A lot of the complaints come from the lack of variety not the actual gunplay. You can have the best gunplay in the world, but if the game becomes repetitive then it's going to become boring very fast. What this goes to show is that you don't understand the criticism people have been giving it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

sometimes i wish i could slam the flag button on this forum simply for a post being wrong

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: Destiny deserves all the hate it receives. ALL of it.

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 newxerxes
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Agreed. Any game that scores low and is universally panned isn't really bad at all, Gamers are just too hard to please.

BigRigs was excellent.

Bad example and sometimes a good game can get mediocre reviews for not doing anything new.

If CoD Ghosts was the only CoD game ever made it would have a 95+ metascore.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I loved it. Slightly repetitive but not much more than Mmo's that charge a monthly fee.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R3FURBISHED

@Pray_to_me said:

I loved it. Slightly repetitive but not much more than Mmo's that charge a monthly fee.

"Slightly repetitive"?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Loading Video...

This is the only video you need to see when it comes to Destiny

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@silversix_ said:
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

The thing is, it's all 100% accurate. I've never seen reviews that are 100% accurate.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@newxerxes said:

@Jankarcop said:

BigRigs was excellent.

Bad example and sometimes a good game can get mediocre reviews for not doing anything new.

Or the game was just bad.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Destiny was a flop . Get over it and move on with your lives .

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

The thing is, it's all 100% accurate. I've never seen reviews that are 100% accurate.

the sad part is, it is 1000% accurate and the more you play Destiny, the more accurate it becomes.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

It got its reviews because they were telling people it was going to be this big spectacular bonanza of endless things to do for the next 10 years and a 500 million dollar budget. Instead we got a shooter that is weaker than a pure shooter, and a MMO that is weaker than a real MMO. It has single player? great! But nowhere on the lines of Halo story wise. It has raids? great! but nowhere near as satisfying as a real MMO.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

People have a basic idea of what it is they want...... However, They have an absolutely terrible way of expressing that into words that are useful to a developer.... Infact in my experience gamers describe everything they dislike the same way... By saying "It sucks" or "its boring". They can't explain why or even come up with a solution beyond "Make it not suck next time".

Hell even some reviewers do it, "The Shooting Mechanics are bad". I mean what the hell are people suppose to do with that information...... Alot of this medium's problem can easily be solved if people could express precisely what it is they want... Or they can just say "make it deeper", I don't why but developers somehow always interpret this as adding RPG elements..... I assume they either believe that RPGs are deep or they believe we believe RPG are deep, all I can say with absolute certainty is that DarSiders II was a big fat mess.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

People justifying their $100 game lol

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R3FURBISHED

@bunchanumbers said:

It got its reviews because they were telling people it was going to be this big spectacular bonanza of endless things to do for the next 10 years and a 500 million dollar budget. Instead we got a shooter that is weaker than a pure shooter, and a MMO that is weaker than a real MMO. It has single player? great! But nowhere on the lines of Halo story wise. It has raids? great! but nowhere near as satisfying as a real MMO.

First things first, Destiny didn't cost $500 million to create (it made that much in week one)

Secondly, even though I haven't played them....the raid The Vault of Glass is supposed to be the best the game has to offer. That is to say very good.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@bunchanumbers said:

First things first, Destiny didn't cost $500 million to create (it made that much in week one)

Secondly, even though I haven't played them....the raid The Vault of Glass is supposed to be the best the game has to offer. That is to say very good.

actually it shipped 500 million worth. They didn't make all their money back. And while the vault of glass is supposed to be the best the game has to offer, its pointless when the loot was still randomly generated. Sure stuff that can be fixed, but still feeds into the general feeling of being ripped off.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

Well you're either in denial or you've missed the point entirely.

Yes, at it's very core, the shooting is fun. Good feedback, nice sound effects, decently interesting weapons. But that's only the core of the gameplay. No one complains about it, because there's so many other gameplay related aspects to complain about. The looting is lame, the grinding is lame, the mission structures are lame, and the enemy variety is lame. Compared to the games it clearly wishes it was, Destiny's individual aspects fall flat more often than not.

It's fun to play in small bursts because you aren't subjecting yourself to anything but a quick shooting session. Play for any long period of time, however, and you'll have to endure the terrible choices in repetition and progression that plague the game.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R3FURBISHED

@bunchanumbers said:

actually it shipped 500 million worth. They didn't make all their money back. And while the vault of glass is supposed to be the best the game has to offer, its pointless when the loot was still randomly generated. Sure stuff that can be fixed, but still feeds into the general feeling of being ripped off.

Activision made its investment back in pre-orders alone.

Have you played The Vault of Glass? Cause it's supposed to be pretty damn spectacular also, the loot has been greatly improved with the past 1.0.2 patch -- you still have to work for any Legendaries and Exotics or get lucky on a drop, but this is how the loot should have been.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

The game has potential that's why I keep playing it. But, it's still a "bad" game right now, we were promised more and expected more. The "story" is non-existent, it's just 7 hours of dinklebot finding things interesting. PvP is ok not great. (Matchmaking is terribad.) The hate is justified, we can't simply allow bungie to simply release half-assed games to later improve upon it with DLC.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@R3FURBISHED: I've done the VoG three times on normal and about to finish it on hard. (Doing atheon.) Its amazing the first time, but it gets repetitive quick and you can basically speedrun the whole thing within a hour or two. The loot system makes it horrible though. Why would I ever need two chatterwhites or 15 ascendant energies when I have my weapons upgraded...

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- About 7 hours of single player story Story? 4 small maps (I say small because its mostly empty) where you go down the same holes multiple times but a slightly different end room ... and next to know story at all...

- PVP - A very basic version of the MANY better multiplayer shooters out there.... simply far behind in game modes, customisation ... everything. slow slugish outdated version of Halo... why would i play this over other shooters?

- Online co-op - That would actually mean something if it was actually intuitive and had proper social aspects, even with friends... there are better titles... borderlands does everything destiny's co-op content does and alot better.

Thats more than the average game. - YES, but its mundain, its jack all trades in the worst possible way.... it barely lives up to anything in any of its combined areas... hence the low scores.

Heres where I shake my head. Gamers constantly say that gameplay is the most important thing. There are a lot of indy games PC and console that have last gen graphics....not that great stories or little story....presentation is non existent....lousy pace.

But we play them....b/c gamers constantly say gameplay is what is most important.

Yet....Destiny....everyone complains. But the gameplay....the shooting mechanics are the one thing everyone praises about the game. The gameplay is universally enjoyed.

So...it just goes to show....that most ppl are don't know what they want or are just trying to be "hardcore".

Mediocre gameplay is mediocre gameplay... not focusing on graphics/story doesn't change that.

the only interesting concept is the raid, but yet another wonderful example of a poorly executed game dragging its concept's into the mud.

poorly designed game all-round.... there are millions of shooters out there with good gameplay and much better at what they do.

Destiny is not "Hardcore" its a brainwashing marketed pile of crap that promised big and ended up being worse than many other games.

Hell, minus the rpg elements, Star Citizen is more of what destiny should of been... and unlike destiny, we actually get to see its promises in developement. a Sci Fi universe FPS/Spaceship where you actually have full control over both. not spaceship loading screens that take ages.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Jankarcop: Broken game vs non broken game? That makes sense.

@Cloud_imperium said:

Still millions are enjoying it. Theres no moving on when so many are enjoying it. Maybe you're just a spiteful hermit....I think thats it.

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

People justifying their $100 game lol

I bought a $60 game....and I love it...so not sure why you think I need to justify it.

@Vaasman said:

Well you're either in denial or you've missed the point entirely.

Yes, at it's very core, the shooting is fun. Good feedback, nice sound effects, decently interesting weapons. But that's only the core of the gameplay. No one complains about it, because there's so many other gameplay related aspects to complain about. The looting is lame, the grinding is lame, the mission structures are lame, and the enemy variety is lame. Compared to the games it clearly wishes it was, Destiny's individual aspects fall flat more often than not.

It's fun to play in small bursts because you aren't subjecting yourself to anything but a quick shooting session. Play for any long period of time, however, and you'll have to endure the terrible choices in repetition and progression that plague the game.

I dunno....I play it all day long when I get the chance. I played it all day today while watching football and only took a break for certain games and a few other things.

I literally can play this game for hours on end.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- PVP

- Online co-op

Go to youtube and watch angry joes review , youll understand the flaws.. That guy nailed it with his review. Destiny is an average game , a mediocre one. Nothing more nothing less. The issue is that when theres soooo much hype and marketing behind this game and in the end dissapoints its logical gamers to be upset about it. Thats what happened with others games also. Diablo 3 vanilla comes in my mind as well.

That doesnt mean that if you , personally you , like it alot shouldnt enjoy it ! But on the other hand its not for no reason that there is so much criticism from players and mediocre scores all around from most critics.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The game mechanics are sound, it's the content that is utter rubbish.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

the only thing i don't like about destiny aside from its unbalanced pvp is its repetitive mission structure. other than that i really like it. it certainly plays better than 99% of games on the market.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr_Huggles_dog

@AzatiS said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- PVP

- Online co-op

Go to youtube and watch angry joes review , youll understand the flaws.. That guy nailed it with his review. Destiny is an average game , a mediocre one. Nothing more nothing less. The issue is that when theres soooo much hype and marketing behind this game and in the end dissapoints its logical gamers to be upset about it. Thats what happened with others games also. Diablo 3 vanilla comes in my mind as well.

That doesnt mean that if you , personally you , like it alot shouldnt enjoy it ! But on the other hand its not for no reason that there is so much criticism from players and mediocre scores all around from most critics.

I own and play it.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@AzatiS said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- PVP

- Online co-op

I own and play it.

Well whatever our opinion ( which is what matters most ) we need to see what is really going on at the same time . For example i didnt like Mario Galaxy on Wii but i could understand why was an excellent platform for the fans with great values and gameplay mechanics. I couldnt say is crap or score it less than 9. Sometimes we need to be honest and see the flaws or the other way around even if we are not into it or vice versa.

Anyways , you own it and play it. You like it ? No problem , have fun. Thats what matters!! That doesnt mean though that is an AAA title ... Its not.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr_Huggles_dog

@AzatiS said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@AzatiS said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- PVP

- Online co-op

I own and play it.

Well whatever our opinion ( which is what matters most ) we need to see what is really going on at the same time . For example i didnt like Mario Galaxy on Wii but i could understand why was an excellent platform for the fans with great values and gameplay mechanics. I couldnt say is crap or score it less than 9. Sometimes we need to be honest and see the flaws or the other way around even if we are not into it or vice versa.

Anyways , you own it and play it. You like it ? No problem , have fun. Thats what matters!! That doesnt mean though that is an AAA title ... Its not.

It doesn't deserve the hate it's getting is all.

It was graded on it's hype and delivery of that hype. Thats not how it should be. I'm not saying it's a 10 or even a 9....but maybe a 7.5 or 8....but not 6's and 5's like review sites are giving it and how ppl are agreeing with that.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Average game that wants to focus only on gameplay does just that, and excells or not. Done

Destiny wants to be an epic sci-fi universe, that evolves and grows. Then it happens to have one of the worst single player campaign storylines i've seen in a long time. I've seen people go "atleast it's better than COD" and i go "lol no". Grimoire cards don't count.

It wants to have mmorpg loot like features But from what i read, it's system is completly borked, doesn't let you trade with other players, you can't even chat with players in proximity via mic and there's no activities

It wants to be an "open world" co-op type game that let's you play with others. But then there's no npcs, towns or any real structure besides re-skined mission in the most bland way possible, basically boiling down to protecting Dincklebot from hords of Covenant and Flood.

Indie devs have a short budget and can only do so much.

When you have 50 million+ to make your game, people are expecting atleast abit more than shit like

"i don't even have to time to explain why i dont' have time to explain"

WTF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SNIClone-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SNIClone-
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@ninjaxams said:

it certainly plays better than 99% of games on the market.

LOL casual gamer spoted? destiny is crap like all Halo games.

console FPS for those who are inexperience in FPS genre and those fav FPS are Goldeneye, halo or COD4.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I can't believe anyone would try to defend this shitty game!

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@sniclone- said:

@ninjaxams said:

it certainly plays better than 99% of games on the market.

LOL casual gamer spoted? destiny is crap like all Halo games.

console FPS for those who are inexperience in FPS genre and those fav FPS are Goldeneye, halo or COD4.

Lawl...I played Tribes 2 for over a decade....I doubt you could even play that game without throwing your mouse across the room.

People like whatever game for different reasons. Halo:CE is THE console shooter, imo. Notice I said console. Destiny ranks up there...it's one of the best at what it does: be a console shooter.

Story aside....the game is solid as shit.

Edit: I just saw you joined today....now I feel dumb for responding to a troll.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Still millions are enjoying it. Theres no moving on when so many are enjoying it. Maybe you're just a spiteful hermit....I think thats it.

It got 6/10 on gamespot . It failed to meet its hype . End of story . I'm not interested in your excuses . Just because millions play COD doesn't make it a quality product . When you make millions of TV ads and make the game for "wider audience" then it is surrounded by lot of casuals .

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It got 6/10 on gamespot . It failed to meet its hype . End of story . I'm not interested in your excuses . Just because millions play COD doesn't make it a quality product . When you make millions of TV ads and make the game for "wider audience" then it is surrounded by lot of casuals .

Another hermit that can't think for himself.

Being crude for the sake of trying to make himself look right. How is enjoying a game....and millions enjoying a game an excuse?

I'll add: Who the **** are you? To tell ppl what is good and what is not according to other's opinions and never experiencing it yourself.

Fucking pathetic.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

As someone who's been playing Destiny since the day it came out ( Level 27, almost 28 ) i can tell you the first listing is uncorrected as Destiny has no story whatsoever, nothing makes sense the game story-wise and the game is filled with caps its like you cant really do anything to level up once you reach level 26 seriously its like doing the exact same 4 levels over and over and over again.

while im playing the game daily trying to get to level 30 im just starting to get very bored right now, i want to do more daily missions but nope you can do that once a day to earn rewards, so i want the public event rewards but nope you can do that once a day, i want to use my strange coins to buy an exotic auto rifle but nope thats just random for a store that appears every friday - sunday or hey i want to earn more vangaurd marks but nope you can earn maximum of 100 a week or how about earning more money? nope you can have only 25k max and whats worse the only way to get easy Shards was using the queens wrath missions and those were removed by a patch...

about the only thing that is fun in destiny is the gameplay.. What Destiny taught me? to never buy another Bungie game ever again

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@finalstar2007 said:

As someone who's been playing Destiny since the day it came out ( Level 27, almost 28 ) i can tell you the first listing is uncorrected as Destiny has no story whatsoever, nothing makes sense the game story-wise and the game is filled with caps its like you cant really do anything to level up once you reach level 26 seriously its like doing the exact same 4 levels over and over and over again.

while im playing the game daily trying to get to level 30 im just starting to get very bored right now, i want to do more daily missions but nope you can do that once a day to earn rewards, so i want the public event rewards but nope you can do that once a day, i want to use my strange coins to buy an exotic auto rifle but nope thats just random for a store that appears every friday - sunday or hey i want to earn more vangaurd marks but nope you can earn maximum of 100 a week or how about earning more money? nope you can have only 25k max and whats worse the only way to get easy Shards was using the queens wrath missions and those were removed by a patch...

about the only thing that is fun in destiny is the gameplay.. What Destiny taught me? to never buy another Bungie game ever again

Thats not Bungie...everything you mentioned aside from the little to no story, which I agree with...is an MMO thing.

The Fri-Sun vendor sells Exotic gear...it's suppose to be rare. Whats the point if having rare gear if it's not rare? Then everyone would have the best gear a week after release and the raid would be easy as shit for everyone and the game would suck.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Another hermit that can't think for himself.

Being crude for the sake of trying to make himself look right. How is enjoying a game....and millions enjoying a game an excuse?

I'll add: Who the **** are you? To tell ppl what is good and what is not according to other's opinions and never experiencing it yourself.

Fucking pathetic.

And I thought console gamers care about GOTYs, hype and review scores . Hypocrite much . Destiny didn't live up to its hype , FACT . If I wanted to play it , I could do that on PS3 . FAIL .

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#42 PAL360  Online
Member since 2007 • 30572 Posts

I don't think anyone is disappointed with the gameplay, but it fails at most of it's promisses. The story is terrible, the lore isn's interesting, lacks variety, has low player count in PvP, and my biggest complain, it's a linear game. Bungie promissed you could go anywhere you see. Instead the environments are linear full of invisible walls.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

The game has potential that's why I keep playing it. But, it's still a "bad" game right now, we were promised more and expected more. The "story" is non-existent, it's just 7 hours of dinklebot finding things interesting. PvP is ok not great. (Matchmaking is terribad.) The hate is justified, we can't simply allow bungie to simply release half-assed games to later improve upon it with DLC.

Okay I haven't played the game and I really never had any interest to do so thus this is purely a philosophical discussion. A game should be rated on what it IS. Not on what was promised nor expected. Whether the game is worth a review score or not has nothing to do with my comment.

But your reasoning for why it's a "bad" game in your second sentence is just flat out wrong.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

7 hours... of Singleplayer...

Borderlands 2 alone has 31 hours of singleplayer, actual lore told in-game through audiologs or explained by NPCs as you play (instead of forcing you to read it all on a separate website), an actual storyline and actual loot, it may not have pvp, but in terms of the basic content package alone, Borderlands 2 destroys destiny

Gameplay in destiny gets praised but with the broken loot system and little to no incentives to keep playing, Destiny is just another shooter to throw in the pile, it does nothing to be memorable or to even be replayed, if anything it frustrates people (i mean come on, bottom of leadeboard players get the best loot while the best players get punished with crappy loot, lol)

Gameplay is important, but the flaws everyone talks about hurt the experience in the long run

Edit: seriously?

"Who the **** are you? To tell ppl what is good and what is not according to other's opinions and never experiencing it yourself."

Preety hypocritical of you to say that when in your very own OP you say this:

"There are a lot of indy games PC and console that have last gen graphics....not that great stories or little story....presentation is non existent....lousy pace."

Not to mention you are here attacking people for disliking Destiny

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

Don't understand the hate this game gets on boards like this because it offers more than most FPS games, plus it's a lot of fun.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Destiny is a good game that was supposed to be a amazing game. Had way to much hype and marketing for its own good. If this game wasn't by makers of halo and didn't have advertising everywhere for the last year it might have been received better. But in the end it sold a ton and that's all that matters really success.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

It's okay to like, even love mediocrity

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#48 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

BigRigs was excellent.

Destiny has a 77 on meta. How is that "low"? Its more than the average game. Sure it wasnt what it was hyped up to be but its hardly a bad game.

Anyway, in my opinion Destiny has severe flaws but I would be lying to myself if I said I didnt enjoyed the 20h I played of it. Its stupid to say "players just dont get it" cause what is there to not get? Its an "open area shooter" with repetitive grinding and missions, little scenario variety, little to no story, and with some light MMORPG elements. But hell, the gunplay was just so fun that I was able to forgive these flaws. It was an 8/10 for me

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@dave123321

But is it okay too give said Mediocrity perfect scores and awards. ?

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- PVP

- Online co-op

7 hours of wave missions =/= story

the pvp is terrible and unbalanced, not to mention barebones.

only 3 people can play together unless it's a raid. then it's 6, but there's no matchmaking.

Oh, and hardly any social elements for something trying to pretend it's an MMO. The loot system is utter shit as well. Want me to continue listing problems?