"You don't understand Destiny"-no-you're just hard to please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

The game got the scores it deserved. It did nothing new, but what it did do it did well.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

@handssss: The pvp has more modes than Halo ever did.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@BeastmodeBoy

Variety over Quality ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@BeastmodeBoy

Variety over Quality ?

tbh the pvp in Destiny is shit, just like the pvp in Halo is shit, but Destiny at least has more modes of shit on a platter. Idiots who pretend Halo MP is amazing are full of horse crap.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Gameplay is more than just how the guns feel. Mission designs are uninspired and bosses are a chore to fight. Destiny does quite a few things very well, but the gameplay is far from perfect.

I'd say story is important in enhancing the gameplay as well. A good story gives weight to your actions and ultimately drives your desire to be a part of the fight.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

repetitive as hell, warlocks are a lousy excuse of magic

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lulu_Lulu

@BeastmodeBoy

Well... Atleast Halo is Balanced right ?

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ScarTM
Member since 2014 • 174 Posts

Destiny sucks

- Day one owner

/thread

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@AzatiS said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@AzatiS said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- About 7 hours of single player story

- PVP

- Online co-op

Thats more than the average game.

Heres where I shake my head. Gamers constantly say that gameplay is the most important thing. There are a lot of indy games PC and console that have last gen graphics....not that great stories or little story....presentation is non existent....lousy pace.

But we play them....b/c gamers constantly say gameplay is what is most important.

Yet....Destiny....everyone complains. But the gameplay....the shooting mechanics are the one thing everyone praises about the game. The gameplay is universally enjoyed.

Yet...many review sites gave it mediocre scores....and gamers hated on it.

So...it just goes to show....that most ppl are don't know what they want or are just trying to be "hardcore".

Go to youtube and watch angry joes review , youll understand the flaws.. That guy nailed it with his review. Destiny is an average game , a mediocre one. Nothing more nothing less. The issue is that when theres soooo much hype and marketing behind this game and in the end dissapoints its logical gamers to be upset about it. Thats what happened with others games also. Diablo 3 vanilla comes in my mind as well.

That doesnt mean that if you , personally you , like it alot shouldnt enjoy it ! But on the other hand its not for no reason that there is so much criticism from players and mediocre scores all around from most critics.

I own and play it.

Well whatever our opinion ( which is what matters most ) we need to see what is really going on at the same time . For example i didnt like Mario Galaxy on Wii but i could understand why was an excellent platform for the fans with great values and gameplay mechanics. I couldnt say is crap or score it less than 9. Sometimes we need to be honest and see the flaws or the other way around even if we are not into it or vice versa.

Anyways , you own it and play it. You like it ? No problem , have fun. Thats what matters!! That doesnt mean though that is an AAA title ... Its not.

It doesn't deserve the hate it's getting is all.

It was graded on it's hype and delivery of that hype. Thats not how it should be. I'm not saying it's a 10 or even a 9....but maybe a 7.5 or 8....but not 6's and 5's like review sites are giving it and how ppl are agreeing with that.

I dont disagree with your logic but i cant bypass the fact that Bungie and Activision OVERDID it so hard with hype and what game will be offering compared to other similar genres/games that the outcome was so upseting ...I can understand the hate to be honest. Same thing happened with Diablo 3 despite its okish score all around.

I said it many times in the past , overhype can be a double edge sword for developers/publishers with nasty outcomes if something goes wrong. Im not against your logic but i cant bypass the facts either to be honest with you. But since you got fun with it , bypass all the hate and negative criticism ( aka dont give an F ) and have fun with it. Thats all that matters in the end.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

sounds like you just have shit standards. or you're lying to yourself and forcing yourself to love a bad game

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

the game isnt trying to pretend

they specifically stated that Destiny is with their own words "not like an MMO"

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

How would I rate Destiny boring/10.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: people need to judge games honestly.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dave123321

With the idea of accepting that people will enjoy the game very much, those that enjoy it also have to accept that people will have valid reasons to hate it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@dave123321

Well thats not hard.... I can honestly say I don't like Destiny.... :)

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Play the game numb nut. Being a critic of something you don't play can be easy.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I liked destiny at first and I admit the shooting is top notch but the game is too repetitive and the loot system sucks. Heard it is better now after the patch but the drop rates are still horrible. The story was non existent and that was disappointing. I was looking forward to a good sci-fi story and didn't get it. I'll wait to return to the game after the expansions come out to see if it is worth revisiting.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

It got its reviews because they were telling people it was going to be this big spectacular bonanza of endless things to do for the next 10 years and a 500 million dollar budget. Instead we got a shooter that is weaker than a pure shooter, and a MMO that is weaker than a real MMO. It has single player? great! But nowhere on the lines of Halo story wise. It has raids? great! but nowhere near as satisfying as a real MMO.

Jack of all trades, Master of none.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So, Destiny.

Has:

- About 7 hours of single player story -

- PVP

- Online co-op

Thats more than the average game.

Heres where I shake my head. Gamers constantly say that gameplay is the most important thing. There are a lot of indy games PC and console that have last gen graphics....not that great stories or little story....presentation is non existent....lousy pace.

But we play them....b/c gamers constantly say gameplay is what is most important.

Yet....Destiny....everyone complains. But the gameplay....the shooting mechanics are the one thing everyone praises about the game. The gameplay is universally enjoyed.

Yet...many review sites gave it mediocre scores....and gamers hated on it.

So...it just goes to show....that most ppl are don't know what they want or are just trying to be "hardcore".

Hang on... You're attacking people for valid points and gripes they have with this game? Face it man, Activision and Sony hyped this game, Bungie also did a lot of the hyping and people bought into that hype. It hyped and hyped and hyped yet when it actually was released people found it nothing more than BL2 with fancy graphics and without the fun or decent loot. Gameplay can't hold a game up when everything else about it is bad.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Destiny was a flop . Get over it and move on with your lives .

They have no lives. We all have no lives.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

The gameplay sucks.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

I'm more shocked people couldn't see the lack of content from the alpha/beta.

I kept asking what Destiny was about, how it was structured, what kinds of missions you could do, etc. I even made a tread about it, with no responses. All i could see was empty areas with mobs spread around for you to kill.

Then i see people go "I didn't expect the beta do be all there is". Really?

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

LOL..what's not to understand about some shitty generic FPS grindest ?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@AzatiS:It's not that I really care what others think....there are millions of ppl playing it right now....I don't see that changing any time soon. It's just that I do see the inconsistency in how ppl judge games (including reviewers) and thats shitty and unfair.

@deadline-zero0: There is no lack of content. It has more than many games and most FPS. Wolfenstein didn't even have any multiplayer.

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Still millions are enjoying it. Theres no moving on when so many are enjoying it. Maybe you're just a spiteful hermit....I think thats it.

It got 6/10 on gamespot . It failed to meet its hype . End of story . I'm not interested in your excuses . Just because millions play COD doesn't make it a quality product . When you make millions of TV ads and make the game for "wider audience" then it is surrounded by lot of casuals .

Another hermit that can't think for himself.

Being crude for the sake of trying to make himself look right. How is enjoying a game....and millions enjoying a game an excuse?

I'll add: Who the **** are you? To tell ppl what is good and what is not according to other's opinions and never experiencing it yourself.

Fucking pathetic.

And I thought console gamers care about GOTYs, hype and review scores . Hypocrite much . Destiny didn't live up to its hype , FACT . If I wanted to play it , I could do that on PS3 . FAIL .

The astounding shittery from you is amazing. Link where I have ever said GOTY awards were important...I'm not a "console gamer"...news flash...I have said I have both console and PC.

Fucking hermit can't stand think for himself and when he does....he assumes.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DEadliNE-Zero0

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@deadline-zero0: There is no lack of content. It has more than many games and most FPS. Wolfenstein didn't even have any multiplayer.

Ofcourse. I also hear you can play MGS V Ground Zero for 100 hours.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog: No lack of content? A 7 hour wave mission is not content.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@clyde46 said:

it's all the rage for this console gen :P

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 clyde46

@wis3boi said:

@clyde46 said:

it's all the rage for this console gen :P

Don't forgot the optional bugged "loot cave".

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Destiny is a big poster child to what the **** is wrong with the industry.. They release a game with a supposedly 500 million dollar budget, with great graphics but increasingly repetitive gameplay that you run into within maybe the first 20 to 30 hours you play it.. In which they hover at your nose at the end that there WILL be DLC for you to get.. As far as I am concerned there is a pretty big problem with the industry when games like Divinity Original Sin, a game that was budgeted on a 1 million dollar kickstarter, provides more content and deeper gameplay then most AAA titles out there..

Why am I getting more content and depth from indie devs that work with a fraction of the budget of these AAA games, while being usually much cheaper than the retail $60?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

People who are playing Destiny are still having fun with about 60+ hours of gameplay.

How many games give you that?

The fact that you guys are making this about consoles is pathetic. Overcompensating again trying to make consoles look bad so that more ppl might take PC seriously.

As if Diablo 3 doesn't have the same "repetivness" or WOW or any other MMO.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

People who are playing Destiny are still having fun with about 60+ hours of gameplay.

The fact that you guys are making this about consoles is pathetic. Overcompensating again trying to make consoles look bad so that more ppl might take PC seriously.

BL2, a game also on consoles. It was released way before Destiny yet does everything better. Also, stop with the fucking PC hate. It makes you look like a cry baby.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#82  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Being crude for the sake of trying to make himself look right. How is enjoying a game....and millions enjoying a game an excuse?

I'll add: Who the **** are you? To tell ppl what is good and what is not according to other's opinions and never experiencing it yourself.

Fucking pathetic.

And I thought console gamers care about GOTYs, hype and review scores . Hypocrite much . Destiny didn't live up to its hype , FACT . If I wanted to play it , I could do that on PS3 . FAIL .

The astounding shittery from you is amazing. Link where I have ever said GOTY awards were important...I'm not a "console gamer"...news flash...I have said I have both console and PC.

Fucking hermit can't stand think for himself and when he does....he assumes.

Funny how you are telling people that Destiny doesn't suck but when I wrote my opinion, you started to moan that "who are you to tell others bla bla bla" . Hypocrite much .? And I don't care if you are owner of consoles and/or ancient PC . You made this threat which means you are currently playing the game on your console . Stop crying and move on .

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Still millions are enjoying it. Theres no moving on when so many are enjoying it. Maybe you're just a spiteful hermit....I think thats it.

It got 6/10 on gamespot . It failed to meet its hype . End of story . I'm not interested in your excuses . Just because millions play COD doesn't make it a quality product . When you make millions of TV ads and make the game for "wider audience" then it is surrounded by lot of casuals .

Fucking pathetic.

says the waste of space alt-account that made this thread.... telling people that "their standards are too high" .... damn talk about slapping yourself in the face.

Hi, I'm a hermit, I also own Destiny, I gave you a detailed response, you flat out ignored me.

This sums you up to me now though, desperately needing to justify your purchases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Diablo 3 and WoW are two of a immense library of games, nor would most consider them the best games out there.. The problem with this is the fact that you get into that repetitive nature of Destiny within the first 20 to 30 hours of gameplay.. And it is amusing you brought up Diablo 3, a game that got roasted to hell by the PC community.. To the point that it had to go through numerous iterations and a expansion for many people to find it ok.. If anything it is another example to what is wrong with the industry

Not just doing the same things over and over again, but in the same areas over and over again.. . Not to mention the FPS genre is the most oversaturated and stagnant genre in the industry for the past 7 years.... Furthermore this shouldn't even be about console vs pc or other such bullshit, but why are people paying so much money for this shit when we have games on the market with far more depth, replayability for cheaper?? To me it feels like people out there are trying to justify their dumbass purchases of buying the "next gen" consoles early when there really isn't a library out there to warrant a purchase for them.. The AAA field of gaming needs to crash and burn.. It went from promoting innovation and pushing new ideas for franchises.. To destroying unique franchises that weren't seen as profitable enough, while watching franchises either being dumbed down and streamlined or continually milked with no real improvements what so ever..

I blame the absurd amount of money being pushed into the industry.. When we see big price tags like 500 million dollars hanging over the development of games, it's executives and shareholders don't want to see risk.. They want to see the predictable money train they have seen through flow charts with franchises like CoD which has largely has been the same through the years.. When you start seeing devs like Crytek crying that the XboxOne hasn't sold enough, and that is why their shitty game Ryse: Son of Rome didn't sell (not because it was a derivative and weak quick time event action game) well, you know there is a problem with the industry..

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

In an mmo story, freshness...etc are part of the gameplay.

If I make a game that has amazingly working shooting mechanics but its just one room and you shoot a single guy its not good gameplay.
The fundamentals of destiny's FPS are great but nearly everything else about it is horrible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-59d151f079814

@WilliamRLBaker said:

In an mmo story, freshness...etc are part of the gameplay.

If I make a game that has amazingly working shooting mechanics but its just one room and you shoot a single guy its not good gameplay.

The fundamentals of destiny's FPS are great but nearly everything else about it is horrible.

Not to mention it isn't the only game in the industry with good shooting mechanics.. The FPS genre is the most over saturated genre in the industry currently, and really from what I have played from Destiny it doesn't feel any different from any other FPS that I have seen for the past FIVE years.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

These are the 8 first games when you organize my steam games by playtime, you know what they all have in common? every single one of them didn't even cost me half of what Destiny costs, the game that gave me the most gaming hours in my steam account alone is even one of those indie games you despise so much

There's even more games in my library that broke the 60 hour mark, enough with your silly consumers guilt, you love destiny? good! you think it's GOTY? more power to you!

You can cry and moan all you want, but you will not change the fact Destiny was not well recieved, what Destiny has to offer, others have done it better

By the way, of these 8 games in this picture? only one is an MMO, and that MMO still pulls the whole "MMO" thing better than destiny

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

I kept asking what Destiny was about, how it was structured, what kinds of missions you could do, etc. I even made a tread about it, with no responses. All i could see was empty areas with mobs spread around for you to kill.

it's an alpha/beta. since when were those supposed to be a measure of amount of content? Halo 3's beta only had like 3 maps and 1 or 2 gametypes iirc. Reach wasn't much better. How could anyone have been expected to know that the beta was literally the entire finished version of earth + 1 moon mission + a fair chunk of the MP?

Never played a beta where we pretty much had 1/4 of the game or even close to it before.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DEadliNE-Zero0

@handssss said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

it's an alpha/beta. since when were those supposed to be a measure of amount of content? Halo 3's beta only had like 3 maps and 1 or 2 gametypes iirc. Reach wasn't much better. How could anyone have been expected to know that the beta was literally the entire finished version of earth + 1 moon mission + a fair chunk of the MP?

Never played a beta where we pretty much had 1/4 of the game or even close to it before.

It was easy to see. Nowadays publishers show off everything about their games to build up hype. Almost every features is showed in trailers, articles and much more.

When all destiny was showing of it's open world content was Strike Missions, which were nothing but generic kill quest like every mmorpgs, and you never saw towns, cities, npcs,, vehicle sections, or anything populating the world to give vareity and different activities, it was a dead give away.

What, did you seriously expect more stuff to pop out in the final version? Cmon. If they didn't show it off to build hype, it wasn't going to be there.

it's just like those defending The Order 1886 because "it's a demo". Sure, i guess RaD has a ton of non closed off areas with non-on rails shooting section all hidden for release. Never mind the fact that the game is getting mixed impressions, they're just keeping the awesome parts to prove people wrong, all to themselves.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#91 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium: B/c you're passing your opinion as fact and being a piece of shit while doing it. Don't act like you're just here for the shits and giggles and not to try and piss ppl off.

Why you always take things too seriously and get mad .? Lol , you make yourself look like a clown . Anyways, I just got PM from someone else who told me that you are alt of Cranler , so NVM . Silly me, lol ... was wasting my time with Cranler .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@BeastmodeBoy

Well... Atleast Halo is Balanced right ?

Not really because you're always getting matched with higher leveled players who can one-hit you with head shots. If match-making was better then yeah, it would be more balanced.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

@mems_1224 said:

sounds like you just have shit standards. or you're lying to yourself and forcing yourself to love a bad game

You like the Houston Rockets apparently, so you know all about shit standards.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dave123321

@mr_huggles_dog: not everybody will like what you like. Accept it and stop caring what others think.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#95 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

This is the only video you need to see when it comes to Destiny

Loading Video...

The thing is, it's all 100% accurate. I've never seen reviews that are 100% accurate.

Funniest got damn review ever! 100% true. Destiny was crap. Tried to warn you guys when I played the Alpha.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@beastmodeboy said:

@mems_1224 said:

You like the Houston Rockets apparently, so you know all about shit standards.

Whats so shit about them? they're one of only 8 nba teams to win a title in the last 30 years.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts
@bldgirsh said:

@LJS9502_basic: Play the game numb nut. Being a critic of something you don't play can be easy.

You have major problems understanding English don't you? I passed NO judgment on the game. At all. Reading Comprehension Fail!

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Considering this little ragefit of "SOMEONE ELSE STARTED IT" yeah... This is definetely Cranler

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@remiks00 said:

Funniest got damn review ever! 100% true. Destiny was crap. Tried to warn you guys when I played the Alpha.

Destiny is not crap. It just has it's fair share of problems.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#100  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@remiks00 said:

Destiny is not crap. It just has it's fair share of problems.

Wrong word, I admit. It was extremely over hyped. I even remember people hyping up the aircrafts, like they would be able to fly around and explore.

Honestly, why are still topics being made to damage control Destiny, the game is mediocre. It could change with a ton of patches, much like Diablo 3. But as of now. It is, what it is.