Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Graphics is the only thing that it'll have, and that's only because you'll be walking in a straight line the whole playthrough. Forget about large environment, this game might as well be on rails.

Guy jealous his favourite game of the generation looks like it could run on the Nintendo 64.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:

@kvallyx: First true next gen game, lmao. It consist of tiny areas and plays itself.

How far in the game are you? Asking for a friend.

You think it's going to be completely different from what they've shown? How so?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#53 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@davillain said:

most console gamers don't like digital-only option is a turnoff for most gamers.

Most console gamers buy digital over physical.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 R4gn4r0k

@kvallyx said:
@davillain said:

most console gamers don't like digital-only option is a turnoff for most gamers.

I really wonder what the split is these days as whenever we sales numbers people be like:

"Well we gotta wait for digital sales to take into account"

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8874 Posts

It's funny seeing all these cows in here criticizing HB2 for 4k/30 fps, while at the same time not being able to STFU about Stellar Blade... which runs at 4k/30fps.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 R4gn4r0k

@dabear said:

It's funny seeing all these cows in here criticizing HB2 for 4k/30 fps, while at the same time not being able to STFU about Stellar Blade... which runs at 4k/30fps.

Enemies also look a fair bit more detailed in Hellblade 2 🤭

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Litchie

@dabear said:

Dude. Shallow no-name Korean jiggly boobs DMC ripoff is gonna be amazing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

Very good. I ended up enjoying the first game more then I was expecting so am really looking forward to this sequel. Game is looking fantastic.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:
@dabear said:

Dude. Shallow no-name Korean jiggly boobs DMC ripoff is gonna be amazing.

We haven't had boob physics since Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, throw a man a bone.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 R4gn4r0k

@Archangel3371 said:

Very good. I ended up enjoying the first game more then I was expecting so am really looking forward to this sequel. Game is looking fantastic.

Hell yeah dude, same here: day one on gamepass 💪

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39290 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Graphics is the only thing that it'll have, and that's only because you'll be walking in a straight line the whole playthrough. Forget about large environment, this game might as well be on rails.

Guy jealous his favourite game of the generation looks like it could run on the Nintendo 64.

Art direction is superior to anything out there, and it won goty for a reason. This, tho, this is Made For Gamepass Shovelware that they don't even have the audacity of selling for full price cuz its just linear garbage.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Absolutely. Thank you Phil! 🙏

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#63 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@kvallyx said:
@davillain said:

I really wonder what the split is these days as whenever we sales numbers people be like:

"Well we gotta wait for digital sales to take into account"

I forgot to say the first Hellbalde was digital-only but that still doesn't give the excuse to not offer physical to those who still enjoy owning the game even though we know physical disc means jacked by today's standard. I may be PC/digital gamer, but I still like seeing more options for gamers to have.

And you can argue Game Pass gets a pass (no pun intended) but for me, I like buying my games to support developers for those who have earned my money.

As for digital sales, Epic said AW2 was a success and I personally enjoy AW2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Art direction is superior to anything out there, and it won goty for a reason. This, tho, this is Made For Gamepass Shovelware that they don't even have the audacity of selling for full price cuz its just linear garbage.

They ported Portal to N64 the other day, pretty sure Elden Ring would take less work because damn that is some bland and empty looking world, should work on that limited RAM.

"Art direction is superior to anything out there"

Also WTF Is this even supposed to mean? You made two threads bashing Rise of the Ronin and now pull a 180? I thought you had spine but you just twist to whatever bullshit helps you out of the moment, shameless.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:

I forgot to say the first Hellbalde was digital-only but that still doesn't give the excuse to not offer physical to those who still enjoy owning the game even though we know physical disc means jacked by today's standard. I may be PC/digital gamer, but I still like seeing more options for gamers to have.

And you can argue Game Pass gets a pass (no pun intended) but for me, I like buying my games to support developers for those who have earned my money.

As for digital sales, Epic said AW2 was a success and I personally enjoy AW2.

As long as Remedy gets to make more great games, that's all good for me.

Both Control/505 and AW2/Epic have had their fair share of controversies, and I can happily say I didn't care one bit.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Lmao 30fps. Xbox love their movie games 🤣🤣

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@dabear said:

Well, that's because Stellar Blade has 3 modes: (And I dare say I'm super hype for Stellar Blade myself)

1. Performance mode at 60fps
  2. Resolution mode at 4K/30fps
  3. Balanced mode with a balance between the two previous modes

The main difference is, PS5 has those options available, but Hellblade 2 for Xbox Series does not...especially for the X to not have a performance option is a question cause the X is supposed to be the most powerful console right? I always go for Performance mode on PS5, always because I prefer better framerates to better graphics myself.

Look, I'm a PC gamer, I don't like 30fps at all! But I don't disagree with the choice Ninja Theory is making with Stellar Blade. Being 30fps will make the use of motion blur to hide 30fps so that's one of the reasons motion blur is good for. The problem is, that Ninja Theory is behind the times because 60fps should have been the target choice is where the criticism is coming from.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R4gn4r0k

@sakaixx said:

On the bright side this game looks a fair bit better than Starfield did.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 R4gn4r0k

@davillain: I think these modes are becoming deceptive and diluted.

You'd think selecting "performance" mode in any game would give you a locked 60fps but this wasn't the case for Rise of The Ronin nor Outcast 2.

This is not an attack on Stellar Blade as it's more a general constatation.

IMHO What's the use of a performance mode when they know it can't get 60fps? Might as wel not have one to be honest.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2462 Posts

Will it be another one out of five game? Signs point to yes.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

They ported Portal to N64 the other day, pretty sure Elden Ring would take less work because damn that is some bland and empty looking world, should work on that limited RAM.

Also WTF Is this even supposed to mean? You made two threads bashing Rise of the Ronin and now pull a 180? I thought you had spine but you just twist to whatever bullshit helps you out of the moment, shameless.

Rise of the Ronin might as well be a gamepass exclusive, its exactly the kind of games i expect it to have.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:
@sakaixx said:

On the bright side this game looks a fair bit better than Starfield did.

Just be glad Stellar Blade 2 is not a FPS game because if it were...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

Ninja Theory does story well for their games but combat was never been a strength... well, I have to make an exception over their DMC game, not sure how they pulled that off. Glad to hear it was a focus for improvement in this upcoming game, now we'll see how well they did that when it release in a few weeks.

I'd out Bloober in a similar boat on Sony's side of things with the Silent Hill 2 remake. Love their games but combat has been pretty non-existent with them, also utilizing UE5, and should release later this year.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KvallyX

@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:

@kvallyx: First true next gen game, lmao. It consist of tiny areas and plays itself.

You think it's going to be completely different from what they've shown? How so?

You said the game is all tiny areas. I haven't seen just tiny areas in what they have shown.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!

Thank you GamePass!! lol :P

bahahaa, game looks great tho!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20142 Posts

What's killing me about the 30 FPS thing is that it's also dynamic resolution. Normally this gen you drop resolution when you're trying to hit 60, not 30. I'll be playing this on PC anyway but geez.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Litchie
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:

You said the game is all tiny areas. I haven't seen just tiny areas in what they have shown.

No, I said it consists of tiny areas. Watching the video again now, and yes. It's all tiny areas, lol. In literally every scene. And when there's fighting (aka, the little gameplay there is) you see like 5 metres in front of you.

Were you counting the cinematics and the backgrounds when you walk on the thin tracks or something?

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1257 Posts

Sounds like it would be more enjoyable to watch then play.

Heavenly Sword and DMC2012 were solid action games, the direction they've gone since has been disappointing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Rise of the Ronin might as well be a gamepass exclusive, its exactly the kind of games i expect it to have.

Yeah it's not like cows are interested in buying Sony games anyway, they're more interested in buying Microsoft offerings.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@davillain said:

I would never buy this game digitally at full price, what a waste of money.

I'll try it on gamepass

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah it's not like cows are interested in buying Sony games anyway, they're more interested in buying Microsoft offerings.

Its not a game made by Sony. We rejected it.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8874 Posts

@davillain said:
@dabear said:

Well, that's because Stellar Blade has 3 modes: (And I dare say I'm super hype for Stellar Blade myself)

1. Performance mode at 60fps
  2. Resolution mode at 4K/30fps
  3. Balanced mode with a balance between the two previous modes

The main difference is, PS5 has those options available, but Hellblade 2 for Xbox Series does not...especially for the X to not have a performance option is a question cause the X is supposed to be the most powerful console right? I always go for Performance mode on PS5, always because I prefer better framerates to better graphics myself.

Look, I'm a PC gamer, I don't like 30fps at all! But I don't disagree with the choice Ninja Theory is making with Stellar Blade. Being 30fps will make the use of motion blur to hide 30fps so that's one of the reasons motion blur is good for. The problem is, that Ninja Theory is behind the times because 60fps should have been the target choice is where the criticism is coming from.

So, because Ninja Theory doesn't think a performance mode, with scaled back visuals (Stellar Blade's Performance mode is 1080p), is warranted, somehow that's a rationale to crap oh Hellblade II?

That pretty weak, even for cows.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen: So it has to be made by Sony and have big boob ladies?

What insane cult is this?

And how can I join?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:

@hardwenzen: So it has to be made by Sony and have big boob ladies?

What insane cult is this?

And how can I join?

You can't. Its exclusive.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KvallyX

@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:

No, I said it consists of tiny areas. Watching the video again now, and yes. It's all tiny areas, lol. In literally every scene. And when there's fighting (aka, the little gameplay there is) you see like 5 metres in front of you.

Were you counting the cinematics and the backgrounds when you walk on the thin tracks or something?

So you haven't played it. Got it ;)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 KvallyX
@sargentd said:
@kvallyx said:
@davillain said:

I would never buy this game digitally at full price, what a waste of money.

I'll try it on gamepass

Day one, full price for me. $49.99 is cheap. I buy a single margarita in Chicago at Mercaditos for more than that. I piss it out an hour later.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

game seems amazing, heck yeah

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

game seems amazing, heck yeah

gamepass shovelware, bro. Calm down. It ain't full price for a reason, they'll use it as ammunition to damage control its short mediocrity.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 R4gn4r0k

Wonder why there's only one hater for Gamepass in this thread and everyone else loves it or just prefers to buy their games.

Best deal in gaming. Blessed Phil Spencer.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hardwenzen

Might as well show Elden Scrolls 7 on there😆Perfect Dark and Fable won't be out by 2037, so it only makes sense to include titles that won't be available even 10 years from now.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

Might as well show Elden Scrolls 7 on there😆Perfect Dark and Fable won't be out by 2037, so it only makes sense to include titles that won't be available even 10 years from now.

Even if 2024 is Hellblade, Commandos, Avowed and Age of Mythology that's still a better deal than anything on PS5.

You're paying 40 bucks for an expansion pack.

Sony
Sony
Hardwenzen
Hardwenzen

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 263 Posts

Combat looks like garbage, just like the original

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k: Even if? Who said that those 4 will be out? Avowed for example looked like its pre pre pre pre alpha stage, and i am supposed to believe its coming out this year? Commandos and Hellblade2 is what you'll get, proper shovelware.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen: let's bet. I bet you those four will be out by Dec 31st 2024. You bet they won't.

Show me you got a spine Hardwenzen and bet with me.

Loser can't post on here for a month or has to wear some loser signature for a month the other guy chooses.

Show me you don't believe in Phil Spencer, show me you're not all talk, show me you got a spine.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#95 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24985 Posts

Nothing Happened.

also simple game gameplay that donee right and cinematic walking sim are 2 different things.

simple gameplay like Max payne was one of the greatest game of all time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:

@hardwenzen: let's bet. I bet you those four will be out by Dec 31st 2024. You bet they won't.

Show me you got a spine Hardwenzen and bet with me.

Loser can't post on here for a month or has to wear some loser signature for a month the other guy chooses.

Show me you don't believe in Phil Spencer, show me you're not all talk, show me you got a spine.

I am always right, so betting against me is suicide.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

Nothing Happened.

also simple game gameplay that donee right and cinematic walking sim are 2 different things.

simple gameplay like Max payne was one of the greatest game of all time.

If Max Payne came out today people would shit on it to.

In fact Max Payne did launch the other day, and I bet you didn't even play it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7228 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:

Nor have you. its going to be small areas just like the first one.

gameplay just like the first one with maybe added movies.

safer to go off of the first game than you guess its not small areas.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

Nor have you.

I never claimed the areas were big nor tiny in the new unreleased Hellblade 2. I won't claim something that nobody knows yet.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7228 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Even if 2024 is Hellblade, Commandos, Avowed and Age of Mythology that's still a better deal than anything on PS5.

You're paying 40 bucks for an expansion pack.

Sony
Sony
Hardwenzen
Hardwenzen

Hellblade, Commandos, Avowed and Age of Mythology. really that is better than steller blade,final fantasy(9), helldriver2(9), rise of ronin(7)?

age of Mythology came out in 2002 and is a remake.

commandos another strategy game.

hellblade 2,avowed,indian. better be scoring better than ones above.

so 3 exclusives vs 3 third party exclusives.

40 bucks for expansion pack what game?