System wars Lounge V89: (Chicken Salt edition)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#851 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10447 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Started Replaying Metro 2033. Original 2 Metro games. Metro 2033 and Last light are still masterpieces. we definitely dont get games like those anymore. Exodus was also good but weakest of 3.

7/10 games.

too generous

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#852 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Started Replaying Metro 2033. Original 2 Metro games. Metro 2033 and Last light are still masterpieces. we definitely dont get games like those anymore. Exodus was also good but weakest of 3.

7/10 games.

They are better than any of sony games. atmosphere is top notch.

Atmosphere is good, and then its instantly ruined by that fake russian accent they're going for.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#853 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

Stalker I get, that's good. Metro was Call Of Duty in a tunnel.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#854 uninspiredcup

Very good 5 seconds.

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#855 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24925 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Stalker I get, that's good. Metro was Call Of Duty in a tunnel.

LOL cup still callinng Metro a COD

Loading Video...

Find me this kind of exploration and atmosphere in COD.

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#856 Ghosts4ever

Both Metro games are better than Bioshock games in literally every way except story.

Better gameplay, better atmosphere, better graphics, more varied level design instead of linear Giant arrow showing of bioshock.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#857  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: You're mistaking exploration with the illusion of exploration.

The first two games are extremely linear. It's effectively straight paths with a barrage of scripted set-pieces and cutscenes, exactly like Call Duty. It's almost impossible not to find pickups unless with purpose you ignore them.

Something like Tomb Raider, is actual exploration requiring critical thinking. It's possible to replay them multiple times over and still not find secrets. Likewise with Doom, Quake, Duke3d, Blood etc.. etc.. ect...

Even when it's something shown in literal plain sight. Why is this here? Is it a design fuckup they didn't bother fixing? A bug? Do I need to press a button for a bridge? Can I reach it?

Oh, I have knowledge of Indiana Jones, the movies that inspired it. Let's try a leap of faith.

Loading Video...

I haven't played the third game, mainly because I didn't like the first two. Mid was accurate. Rather just replay Stalker or even Chernobylite, which itself is fairly mid but still something much rather play.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#858  Edited By Macutchi

ballsy by conor to come back so quickly after losing in such a gruelling battle to jake gyllenhaal last month

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#859 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69509 Posts

I watched Dawn of the Dead this weekend. It would be considered woke based on the current environment 😂

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#860  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

The first two games are extremely linear. It's effectively straight paths with a barrage of scripted set-pieces and cutscenes, exactly like Call Duty. It's almost impossible not to find pickups unless with purpose you ignore them.

Just like Half life, FEAR and many other great FPS of past were linear. none of them was open world. Metro is linear done right.

3rd game is weakest of them because it barely have Metro feel. but still great.

Original 2 games were incredibly fresh and innovative when they were release.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#861 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Just like Half life, FEAR and many other great FPS of past were linear. none of them was open world. Metro is linear done right.

3rd game is weakest of them because it barely have Metro feel. but still great.

Original 2 games were incredibly fresh and innovative when they were release.

You enjoy Call of Duty in Russia, and i respect that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen: Slavic Accent make it more atmospheric. STALKER 2 not having slavic accent is disappointing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:

@hardwenzen: Slavic Accent make it more atmospheric. STALKER 2 not having slavic accent is disappointing.

It doesn't add anything. Speak russian, and that's it. Slavic accent is ears melting in the Metro series, i could never stomach it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#864 uninspiredcup

Quake 2: Remastered is easily the best remaster played. Only thing think it's missing which Tomb Raider: Remaster added was an NG+

Having said that though, it did add an entire new expansion pack to it, so it's very hard to complain.

Between these two remasters gotten so much content to play that can pretty much solely play these all year easily.

And that's even ignoring Quake: Remasters which barely touched.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#865 Macutchi

it's not just the slavic accent, it's those slavic accents attempting terribly written english dialogue. it's a horrible combination. it's so grating. i'd rather they speak in their native tongue and use subtitles.

ghost's phrase for games like metro is walk in straight line game. the only difference is he likes metro, so he turns a blind eye to the things he rips other games for

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#866 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

My condo board had to finally get off their ass, as my renovations begin at the end of May. Had a contractor in who said the builders put no mortar between the bricks which is a huge no-no (because water, duh), and after removing trim found mould in the walls. They're now gonna have to remove and reinstall drywall after they get rid of the mould.

The building's 8 years old and mismanaged to hell-and-back.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#867  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2416 Posts

Replaying Arkham City for hate material (Yes, I'm serious.) made me also realize that there is no point to the open world, since you just glide and rappel over everything anyway. It's just an empty sea between the locations (inside buildings) where stuff actually happens. Just one more example of many of how linear design crushes almost every time.

Open worlds are best for sandbox design, games that provide a great deal of creative freedom.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868 hardwenzen

@Macutchi said:

it's not just the slavic accent, it's those slavic accents attempting terribly written english dialogue. it's a horrible combination. it's so grating. i'd rather they speak in their native tongue and use subtitles.

ghost's phrase for games like metro is walk in straight line game. the only difference is he likes metro, so he turns a blind eye to the things he rips other games for

exactly. it was so damn bad i cringed for three games straight. if they removed all dialogue, no joke, the game would've been better.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#869 hardwenzen

She is literally a GTA5 character. Also a good wife for ghost.

Loading Video...
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#870 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

@warm_gun: Just Causes open world beats every linear game. The amount of creativity in that series is only limited by your own creative limits.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#871 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:

its as walking in straight line as FEAR and many othere linear FPS of past.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2416 Posts

I miss good cutscenes. Well, I just killed the T-rex in the original Tomb Raider for the first time and agree that its reveal was better without the cutscene in the remake, was more a surprise coming out of the darkness.

Loading Video...

(Unlisted video)

But a moment like this where they want the character to talk to the protagonist should just be a cutscene. It would be as if you encountered Psycho Mantis and instead of a cutscene you moved around in the game, unable to use any of your weapons and blocked off by an invisible barrier as he talked. Far too much important dialogue is now told in-game, where you barely pay attention because you are interacting.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#873  Edited By Macutchi
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

i don't think it is, fear doesn't feel as constrained. metro is highly linear and highly scripted. that's my problem with the metro games in terms of style. they don't flow organically. they feel very transparently sequenced.

it's like now it's the stealth section, so we have to crouch as we make our way from point a to point b, and we have to start all over if we use the gun. ok that's stealth done. now it's the horror sequence, ok now we're in the tunnel, so turn out the lights, torch only, have monsters pour out of the walls, kill all the monsters, you can't stealth past them now, just shoot. ok once we've killed x amount of monsters that sequence is done, and we're onto the next. ok now we're in a mine cart that we can't get out of as it travels from point a to point b and we need to kill every scripted enemy positioned along the way (literally on rails section). etc etc. it's definitely not a million miles from cod.

but you're ok with it because you like the setting and atmosphere, the game isn't mechanically terrible and it's not mainstream. so it gets a free pass from all these things that, with other games, you'd use to tear them to shreds

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#874 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

i don't think it is, fear doesn't feel as constrained. metro is highly linear and highly scripted. that's my problem with the metro games in terms of style. they don't flow organically. they feel very transparently sequenced.

it's like now it's the stealth section, so we have to crouch as we make our way from point a to point b, and we have to start all over if we use the gun. ok that's stealth done. now it's the horror sequence, ok now we're in the tunnel, so turn out the lights, torch only, have monsters pour out of the walls, kill all the monsters, you can't stealth past them now, just shoot. ok once we've killed x amount of monsters that sequence is done, and we're onto the next. ok now we're in a mine cart that we can't get out of as it travels from point a to point b and we need to kill every scripted enemy positioned along the way (literally on rails section). etc etc. it's definitely not a million miles from cod.

but you're ok with it because you like the setting and atmosphere, the game isn't mechanically terrible and it's not mainstream. so it gets a free pass from all these things that, with other games, you'd use to tear them to shreds

Im replaying Metro games once again. theres plenty of exploration and findning ways. you have map in hand instead of giant mark show where to go ala Bioshock. when fighting horde of mutants theres tension rising. theres scripted elements then theres exploration. Dead city is by far one of the most atmospheric and immersive place I have encounter in gaming.

no way its like COD.

also Metro 2033 surpassed Crysis for being graphics king in 2010. if it was western game it would have gotten 9s and 10s all over. mechanically they are stronger than Bioshock, Crysis, Halo 3 and almost as good as if not better than STALKER.

now Exodus I also like is weakest of 3 and gone in wrong direction ie barely Metro.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#875  Edited By Macutchi

@ghosts4ever: it's a long time since i played the first but I definitely remember last light being like that. exodus too at times just in larger areas. at least you had some degree of player agency occasionally. you can turn the arrow off in bioshock btw

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#876 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:

@ghosts4ever: it's a long time since i played the first but I definitely remember last light being like that. exodus too at times just in larger areas. at least you had some degree of player agency at times. you can turn the arrow off in bioshock btw

yes but bioshock is far more linear than any of Metro games. also having inferior gunplay to Metro.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#877 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1050 Posts

Boy did they do a number on the tales of Symphonia port to Xbox.

I played on GC initially and had a blast. I also enjoyed my run on ps3 despite 30fps and apparently cut dialogue.

I don’t recall there being a 2-4 second white screen delay after every battle to the victory screen. Other than that I am enjoying myself but how do you botch a port of such a great game?

Wasn’t the port of vesperia flawless too (I bought but didn’t play since I got halfway done back in the 360 days before getting bored). Also Arise runs fantastic on series x.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#878 hardwenzen

@last_lap these are the magnificent things you're missing on by not owning a pc

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#879  Edited By uninspiredcup

Who would have guessed that this guy was evil.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#880  Edited By hardwenzen

Why is this shit on my feed. Take it from me.

Loading Video...

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3026 Posts

My brother just built a new PC today and went with a radeon rx 7900 xtx GPU. Do y'all think that will play cyberpunk with full path tracing? He only played that game on base PS4 🤢

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#882 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: But I do have a PC. But the last time it was used was like 3yrs ago during the pandemic when the kids had to use MS Teams to get their school.work everyday, other than that the thing is useless.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#883 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56117 Posts

@uitravioience said:

My brother just built a new PC today and went with a radeon rx 7900 xtx GPU. Do y'all think that will play cyberpunk with full path tracing? He only played that game on base PS4 🤢

Even when using FSR, you won't get far while using path tracing. Cyberpunk 2077 is unforgiving when using AMD GPUs. My overclocked RTX 4070 gets better FPS and absolutely maxed out with ray tracing and path tracing in 1440p and frame generation does help. Don't take this the wrong way, the RX 7900 XTX is a formidable GPU, you can run the game while using path tracing, just don't crank the settings to psycho settings. and anything 50FPS+ is a win IMO.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#884 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Ubisoft ain't beating the allegations.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#885 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3026 Posts

@davillain: Thanks for the reply man 👍

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#886 hardwenzen

@davillain said:
@uitravioience said:

Even when using FSR, you won't get far while using path tracing. Cyberpunk 2077 is unforgiving when using AMD GPUs. My overclocked RTX 4070 gets better FPS and absolutely maxed out with ray tracing and path tracing in 1440p and frame generation does help. Don't take this the wrong way, the RX 7900 XTX is a formidable GPU, you can run the game while using path tracing, just don't crank the settings to psycho settings. and anything 50FPS+ is a win IMO.

Its so annoying seeing AMD not only being significantly worse with RT, but their FSR is a joke compared to DLSS. Their price to performance is better, but when you take dlss and rt into consideration, they become so worthless that its as if Nvidia were the only gpu manufacturer in town, which sux cuz they're greedy af, and i don't want to support Activision of the gpu world.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887  Edited By uninspiredcup

Completely forgot about this part and suicided.

Loading Video...

Although the idea itself wasn't original, Prince Of Persia done it first though think it might have been a homage or someone on the dev team a fan.

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#888 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

@last_lap: Definitely can take forever to do things, but they're accountable to us as owners, as well as having to follow Canada/Ontario laws/regulations for condo corporations. Due to it being an external leak and not internal, it's their responsibility to fix using the reserve funds. Anything internal of my unit is my responsibility as I own it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#889 hardwenzen

Such a beautiful country.

Loading Video...
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#890 Last_Lap

Take Two made 2.2 billion in profit last year and yet are cancelling projects and layoffs of 600 people.

Scummy company, glad I don't buy their.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#891 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@last_lap said:

Take Two made 2.2 billion in profit last year and yet are cancelling projects and layoffs of 600 people.

Scummy company, glad I don't buy their.

Surprising no one didn't make a thread on it yet. 2/3 months ago, Take-Two said they weren't gonna start laying-off people and here we are, they flat-out lied. GTA is all they got.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#892 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@davillain: Didn't they just drop some money to buy Gearbox from Embracer, or did I misread that?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@hallenbeck77 said:

@davillain: Didn't they just drop some money to buy Gearbox from Embracer, or did I misread that?

You heard right, Take-Two did in fact bought Gearbox. I'm not sure how much but Gearbox themselves are average developers at best IMO.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#894  Edited By Last_Lap

@davillain: It boggles the mind how you can make $2.2 billion in profit and do that to 600 staff and cancel projects.

Yep they will milk GTA6 for the next 3 gens, until GTA7 releases in 2040.

Edit: Oh and Take Two bought Gearbox for $460 million, what a waste of money.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#895 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896 uninspiredcup

The idea of a woman with the mind of a potato that gives you sex whenever you want and don't have to engage with conversion is incredible. This will take off. La Forge already figured it out. (and was rewarded with respect)

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#897  Edited By hardwenzen
@uninspiredcup said:

The idea of a woman with the mind of a potato that gives you sex whenever you want and don't have to engage with conversion is incredible. This will take off. La Forge already figured it out. (and was rewarded with respect)

I don't know, i find it omega cringe how those desperate fks are flirting with an ai. It makes no sense to me. Mental illness at best.

Like there's a massive difference between just watching porn, and having a relation with pixels. Wtf.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898  Edited By uninspiredcup

If it makes money no one will care, that's how the world works.

What people do in their free time, as long as it's not pedo or horse shit couldn't care less either.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#899 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

Think we found a buyer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#900 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44192 Posts

Just seems like another way to sell sexual fantasies to people. Whether it be drawings, magazines, video, and now computer generated. 🤷‍♂️