System wars Lounge V89: (Chicken Salt edition)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8438 Posts

5 second YouTube ads that let you skip after 5 seconds is such a dick move.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44338 Posts

@last_lap: The Monday Night Wars was really something all right.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Archangel3371  Online

Really good AEW pay per view. Most of the matches were great. Cool to have watched Sting’s final match. Darby really did a number on himself doing a senton off a ladder onto a pane of glass laid out across six chairs. His back was a bloody mess. AEW does not shy away from blood. Some of their matches have had copious amounts, almost to a scary degree.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#104 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Debating wither to watch WWE or AEW.

Know Logan Jake Paul is in one of them, if he's still in it won't be watching.

Watching abit of AEW when it launched, but lost track of it. They always seem to have a thing for showing it at the weirdest times in the UK.

Know WWE has a subscription thing and might be fun watching the old classic matches if they are on it, and packed in chronological order that isn't a cluster ****.

AEW is even worse. bunch of high school gym guys that look like random person rather than professional wrerstler. where are big muscles wrestler? why all of sudden focus on little flip flip guys?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@ghosts4ever: They actually have a fair number of big men.

- Will Hobbs

- Wardlow

- Brian Cage

- Lance Archer

- Miro

- Big Bill

- Brody King

Probably a couple more that I’m forgetting. First four of those were in a match at tonight’s show. Fans were chanting, “Meat!”. It was quite entertaining. 😅

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts
@jaydan said:

Yeah it was infuriating to the point I subbed to the google music thing to remove ads. Its probably what google wants but honestly its quite a great service. Screen off play and few other services really helped me discover and listen to many podcasts that somehow not ported to spotify/equivalent. Stopped my spotify sub due to it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39304 Posts
@sakaixx said:
@jaydan said:

Yeah it was infuriating to the point I subbed to the google music thing to remove ads. Its probably what google wants but honestly its quite a great service. Screen off play and few other services really helped me discover and listen to many podcasts that somehow not ported to spotify/equivalent. Stopped my spotify sub due to it.

What? For a short while when it wasn't possible to adblock their ads, it was annoying af. Was literally muting the ad, and open another window just not to see trash, but now you can block everything and they don't slow down your youtube like they used when you have an adblocker active.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59118 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

AEW is even worse. bunch of high school gym guys that look like random person rather than professional wrerstler. where are big muscles wrestler? why all of sudden focus on little flip flip guys?

Easily answered my friend. Back the Hogan/Warrior days they were all roided up. Much like yourself, Vince Mcmahon has a fetish for "big wrestlers", exceptions existed like Rody Piper and Bret Hart, arguably the first "med sized guys" that were popular, but otherwise huge focus on body builder level Wrestlers.

Then Mcmahon got taken to court. And some doctor man was arrested. And switches over to testing them (for a while).

Since then been a shift to more "normal" looking people. Still get freaks of nature like Brock Lesnar who looks like the end boss of life, but in general, wrestlers are smaller now.

Also just having "big" wrestlers doesn't automatically mean bettermatches. Some of the most boring matches ever produced have been "big guys" who are cumbersome and barely move.

Widely regarded as one of the best matches for example was Undertaker/Mankind, and Mick Foley literally looks like "average rando guy".

So don't equate "big gy 4U" as automatically better. Ultimate Warrior for example was actually really quite shit. So was Goldberg, he retired Bret Hart because he's nooby, looks epic, but in execution sucks.

Know this because sat in a dark room watching documentaries in a loop for 3 weeks for reasons still not quite sure of. Think it was Mcmahon shitting no the girls head that triggered it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#109 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@jaydan said:

What? For a short while when it wasn't possible to adblock their ads, it was annoying af. Was literally muting the ad, and open another window just not to see trash, but now you can block everything and they don't slow down your youtube like they used when you have an adblocker active.

Most of my youtube consumption is through mobile.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Easily answered my friend. Back the Hogan/Warrior days they were all roided up. Much like yourself, Vince Mcmahon has a fetish for "big wrestlers", exceptions existed like Rody Piper and Bret Hart, arguably the first "med sized guys" that were popular, but otherwise huge focus on body builder level Wrestlers.

Then Mcmahon got taken to court. And some doctor man was arrested. And switches over to testing them (for a while).

Since then been a shift to more "normal" looking people. Still get freaks of nature like Brock Lesnar who looks like the end boss of life, but in general, wrestlers are smaller now.

Also just having "big" wrestlers doesn't automatically mean bettermatches. Some of the most boring matches ever produced have been "big guys" who are cumbersome and barely move.

Widely regarded as one of the best matches for example was Undertaker/Mankind, and Mick Foley literally looks like "average rando guy".

So don't equate "big gy 4U" as automatically better. Ultimate Warrior for example was actually really quite shit. So was Goldberg, he retired Bret Hart because he's nooby, looks epic, but in execution sucks.

Know this because sat in a dark room watching documentaries in a loop for 3 weeks for reasons still not quite sure of. Think it was Mcmahon shitting no the girls head that triggered it.

the thing is AEW guys are not med size. neither they looks believable.

they are very tiny guys.

Stone cold steve austin was most believable mid guy. GOAT pro wrestler.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

Starfield is such a failure. Had so much potential.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By uninspiredcup
@ghosts4ever said:

they are very tiny guys.

Just watched abit of AEW Revolution 2024, the first three matches.

First one was indeed pretty shit, thought they were really mediocre in selling and just, old man reaction time. Even the lazy "ring interruption" didn't look impactful.

The second/third match with Chris Jericho, pink Lucha man, King Of Fighters karate man was much better, miles better to the point it felt like an entirely different show. Don't follow the story and have no idea who half of them are though, need to watch it for weeks or months to get into it.

The second match with man/man was good as well. No idea who they are. Though the ending was super abrupt.

Technically, way better than what I grew up watching. Though not really seeing the big personality of folks like HHH, Shawn Michaels, The Rock and what not.

But it's 3 hours long and only watched 40-50 min blind.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

they are very tiny guys.

Just watched abit of AEW Revolution 2024, the first three matches.

First one was indeed pretty shit, thought they were really mediocre in selling and just, old man reaction time. Even the lazy "ring interruption" didn't look impactful.

The second/third match with Chris Jericho, pink Lucha man, King Of Fighters karate man was much better, miles better to the point it felt like an entirely different show. Don't follow the story and have no idea who half of them are though, need to watch it for weeks or months to get into it.

The second match with man/man was good as well. No idea who they are. Though the ending was super abrupt.

Technically, way better than what I grew up watching. Though not really seeing the big personality of folks like HHH, Shawn Michaels, The Rock and what not.

But it's 3 hours long and only watched 40-50 min blind.

Loading Video...

The best undertaker character.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Archangel3371  Online

@uninspiredcup: Yeah that first match was Christian vs Daniel Garcia. Christian is an older wrestler. He is half of the tag team of Edge and Christian in the WWE from back in the Attitude Era. His best work is the stuff he does outside the ring. He’s cut some really funny promos trashing other wrestlers dead fathers and how he’d be a better father for them and husband to their widows. He currently has a young wrestler who’s father died as his protege. Also has the kid’s mother at his side as well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Archangel3371: That's pretty dark

The Sting stuff is interesting. One of those things where it merges reality/fiction, watching a man who's been doing this all his life. People in the audience balling their eyes out.

Was never a Sting guy, not that thought he was bad or anything, just wasn't really on the WWE.

A lot of them seem to just retire quietly from injuries or personal problems, shifting over to none-physical rolls rather than a proper de-facto good sendoff.

Think Rick Flare is just gonna do this until he dies, most people his age are dead at this point lol

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@Archangel3371: That's pretty dark

The Sting stuff is interesting. One of those things where it merges reality/fiction, watching a man who's been doing this all his life. People in the audience balling their eyes out.

Was never a Sting guy, not that thought he was bad or anything, just wasn't really on the WWE.

Sting is rip off from movie The Crow

Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6344 Posts

I decide to watch TV last night over playing Shenmue 3, will try and play it tonight as I do wanna play some more, it's just that some of the mechanics in the game are stopping me from enjoying it 😔

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

I decide to watch TV last night over playing Shenmue 3, will try and play it tonight as I do wanna play some more, it's just that some of the mechanics in the game are stopping me from enjoying it 😔

You're at the end of your stage 3 we spoke about. Stage 4 is very close.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: This coming from a guy who has his games running in the background to inflate his hours "played" while trolling on SW day & night.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Archangel3371  Online

@uninspiredcup: Yeah, same here. Was never much of a Sting fan either. Not because I didn’t like him per se, just never watched much of the stuff he did in WCW and TNA. Did enjoy seeing his final match though just for the historical significance. Glad he got a good send off like that and glad he’s retiring because I legitimately feared for the guy’s well being whenever he wrestled these last couple of years.

Ric Flair really should stop trying to do anything remotely physical in the ring but I don’t think he can.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: This coming from a guy who has his games running in the background to inflate his hours "played" while trolling on SW day & night.

Imagine thinking that i run games on purpose to inflate hours. Its called gaming on a pc. Atl tabbing into something that isn't the game is something everyone does, and if you did more than print shit on your computer, you'd know.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: All I heard was excuse after excuse, typical wenzen.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online
Member since 2021 • 2463 Posts

After all the Dr. Pepper I drank for temporary energy and the candy I ate in the last six months, I expected a few more cavities. On my previous set of X-rays, they found a few in all four corners of my mouth. That's what happens when you go years and years without dental insurance because you're disgusted about having to get it through your employer. Anyway, just got back from my cleaning and new set of X-rays. Lots of scraping during the cleaning, but no new cavities. Seems brushing and flossing at least once at work and using the Waterpik every day or two is working.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

Billion $ company and UberEats is down. No idea if my order has gon through, so just gotta damn wait and see.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: All I heard was excuse after excuse, typical wenzen.

You wouldn't understand it, especially someone who is regressing into retro gaming.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Last_Lap

People actually pay for food to be brought to them.

Not only that but Uber Eats, Door Dash etc are killing businesses with their fees.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Oh I understand excuses when I hear/read them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Oh I understand excuses when I hear/read them.

Having trouble accepting facts is bad for your health.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By lundy86_4
@last_lap said:

People actually pay for food to be brought to them.

Not only that but Uber Eats, Door Dash etc are killing businesses with their fees.

Yup... Had a couple beers, and I live rural so no restaurants really deliver. Closest sushi place is about a 30 minute drive.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Last_Lap

@lundy86_4: Not sure the fees they charge over there, but here there has been a few stories about these companies charging high fees to restaurants, take away places etc.

I simply refuse to support them.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Lying to yourself is as unhealthy as it gets, but you do you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By lundy86_4

@last_lap said:

@lundy86_4: Not sure the fees they charge over there, but here there has been a few stories about these companies charging high fees to restaurants, take away places etc.

I simply refuse to support them.

Not too sure, but the companies choose to use them. I pay a minimal delivery fee, plus I usually decently tip as i'm so far away from most places.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Lying to yourself is as unhealthy as it gets, but you do you.

Nobody is lying, i know what i did. You not being capable of swallowing the truth scares me tbh.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Archangel3371  Online

Just saw that in Chile in 2003 they put ads into the OG Star Wars trilogy movies so to avoid ad breaks. Saw a couple clips and it’s hilarious. 😅

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By lundy86_4
@Archangel3371 said:

Just saw that in Chile in 2003 they put ads into the OG Star Wars trilogy movies so to avoid ad breaks. Saw a couple clips and it’s hilarious. 😅

It's fucking hilarious.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Archangel3371  Online

@lundy86_4: Yeah that’s one of the ones that I say. Crazy. 😂

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By lundy86_4
@Archangel3371 said:

@lundy86_4: Yeah that’s one of the ones that I say. Crazy. 😂

Best part is that it completely detracts from the scene. It's meant to be Vader's lightsaber, but nah... His dad left him a beer lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Archangel3371  Online

@lundy86_4: Indeed. He left it for him when he was old enough, old enough to drink. 😅

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#140 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Was gonna bring this up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 uninspiredcup

Oh wells.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan what mobo do you have for the 7800x3d?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#144  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17839 Posts

@hardwenzen: I don't have a 7800X3D. I still have a 5950X and I will probably upgrade to a 9950X3D when it comes out. Just go for the best bang for your buck while still having all the features you are looking for. Make sure it can accommodate everything that you want to connect to it (e.g. enough M.2 slots for your drives).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:

@hardwenzen: I don't have a 7800X3D. I still have a 5950X and I will probably upgrade to a 9950X3D when it comes out. Just go for the best bang for your buck while still having all the features you are looking for. Make sure it can accommodate everything that you want to connect to it (e.g. enough M.2 slots for your drives).

I kinda semi decided on the MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK. The two other option with the B650 mobo have so many bad reviews (especially the one from gigabyte), that it feels like a mine field that you're getting into.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#146  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17839 Posts

@hardwenzen:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50606 Posts

@hardwenzen: Just got my own weights at home since covid. But missing some exercises at home that I would normally do at gym.

But I hated the environment at gyms! Don't miss that at all.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 hardwenzen  Online

@Chutebox said:

@hardwenzen: Just got my own weights at home since covid. But missing some exercises at home that I would normally do at gym.

But I hated the environment at gyms! Don't miss that at all.

Its that bad? It can't be trash everywhere, right? Maybe a private gym?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Last_Lap

Finally got my pool table setup in my sunroom. Played a few games, but very rusty.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50606 Posts

@hardwenzen: Not like that where people are recording themselves, I just get sick of people talking and taking up machines/weights.

Easy way to avoid that...and people is going during non busy hours if you can.