deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Please keep all anime related topics here. In this thread you can discuss anime with eachother and also recommend anime. I hope you enjoy it!

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

Anime that raises morality questions:
Monster: definitely a masterpiece
Fate/Zero: if there's anything deeper than Fate/Zero in anime industry, please tell me. Oh and it also has a great 'clever' plot.
Psycho-Pass: You'll love how it sets up the world to raise questions that tingle the subject of morality.
Ergo Proxy: Not exactly what I would call a masterpiece but it does good what it does. Being deep that is.

Anime with clever plots:
Baccano: A plethora of characters developed in just 13 episodes. Don't believe me? go watch it. You'll be dazzled!
Durarara: By the same author as Baccano but a bit of a bigger cast with one of the most interesting characters like Orihara Izaya and Heiwajima Shizuo.

These are all you MUST watch. I've recommended them judging from how you liked Death Note and Code Geass.

Did you cry at the end of Code Geass btw?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deeliman

@top_lel said:

Anime that raises morality questions:

Monster: definitely a masterpiece

Fate/Zero: if there's anything deeper than Fate/Zero in anime industry, please tell me. Oh and it also has a great 'clever' plot.

Psycho-Pass: You'll love how it sets up the world to raise questions that tingle the subject of morality.

Ergo Proxy: Not exactly what I would call a masterpiece but it does good what it does. Being deep that is.

Anime with clever plots:

Baccano: A plethora of characters developed in just 13 episodes. Don't believe me? go watch it. You'll be dazzled!

Durarara: By the same author as Baccano but a bit of a bigger cast with one of the most interesting characters like Orihara Izaya and Heiwajima Shizuo.

These are all you MUST watch. I've recommended them judging from how you liked Death Note and Code Geass.

Did you cry at the end of Code Geass btw?

"Did you cry at the end of Code Geass btw?"

Maybe...

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 top_lel

@deeliman said:

Maybe...

and what is that supposed to mean?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deeliman

@top_lel said:

@deeliman said:

Maybe...

It's supposed to mean yes without outright saying yes

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 top_lel

@deeliman said:

@top_lel said:

@deeliman said:

Maybe...

It's supposed to mean yes without outright saying yes

oh nice...welcome to the crew!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Jigoku Soujo- Questions your morality but this show is repetitive as hell.

Recommendations other than your set criteria- Attack on Titan, Knight of Sidonia, Hunter X Hunter 2011 etc.( Recommending them because I watched them recently and really liked them).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Also I think we need a sticked thread about anime recommendations.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Monster is most likely exactly what you're looking for

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@deeliman I'm going to do you a favor and introduce you to titles that will officially initiate you into anime. Consider it my gift to you for Christmas :3

Welcome to The NHK: Possibly the best thing to have ever come from the anime industry. Seriously watch this now if you're a fan of a solid, captivating plot and characters. I'm not going to go into greater details as I don't want to spoil anything for you. If you're going to give my post the finger and pick a single anime of the list I provided then make it this one.

Monster: I think you will particularly enjoy this and being a Dutch, it will resonate with you to an extent. I also remember you as a WWII/Communist Europe enthusiast which will definitely improve the enjoyment level of the show for you.

Mousou Dairin: This show will **** your mind really good. The plot is something else and the settings are just intense. A must see thriller like no other.

Claymore: A gruesome medieval fantasy anime with a good plot and hardcore all-female characters. Fighting scenes are excellent and the settings are just bleak and morbid.

Mushishi: An AMAZING episodic, detective, contemporary fantasy anime that is just food for the senses. The stories are well-versatile, captivating and thought-provoking and the atmosphere is like teleporting to an alternate reality. Its also an eye-candy. Watch it asap you'll be enchanted.

Finally, Red or Die is another really well-made and unique anime that you'll thoroughly enjoy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44574 Posts
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Afro Samurai
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Attack On Titan
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deeliman

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman I'm going to do you a favor and introduce you to titles that will officially initiate you into anime. Consider it my gift to you for Christmas :3

Welcome to The NHK: Possibly the best thing to have ever come from the anime industry. Seriously watch this now if you're a fan of a solid, captivating plot and characters. I'm not going to go into greater details as I don't want to spoil anything for you. If you're going to give my post the finger and pick a single anime of the list I provided then make it this one.

Monster: I think you will particularly enjoy this and being a Dutch, it will resonate with you to an extent. I also remember you as a WWII/Communist Europe enthusiast which will definitely improve the enjoyment level of the show for you.

Mousou Dairin: This show will **** your mind really good. The plot is something else and the settings are just intense. A must see thriller like no other.

Claymore: A gruesome medieval fantasy anime with a good plot and hardcore all-female characters. Fighting scenes are excellent and the settings are just bleak and morbid.

Mushishi: An AMAZING episodic, detective, contemporary fantasy anime that is just food for the senses. The stories are well-versatile, captivating and thought-provoking and the atmosphere is like teleporting to an alternate reality. Its also an eye-candy. Watch it asap you'll be enchanted.

Finally, Red or Die is another really well-made and unique anime that you'll thoroughly enjoy.

Thanks for the Christmas gift ^^ I really do appreciate you taking the time to type that all out for me :)

It all sounds so good, now I don't know what to choose :P

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deeliman

@Gamerno6666 said:

Also I think we need a sticked thread about anime recommendations.

You should contact a mod about it, sounds like a good idea

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GazaAli

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

Thanks for the Christmas gift ^^ I really do appreciate you taking the time to type that all out for me :)

It all sounds so good, now I don't know what to choose :P

You're most welcome :3

Take your time and enjoy your repository of high quality titles seeing how you're just getting into anime. Right now will probably turn out to be the zenith of your anime enjoyment because of the straightforward fact that you're just getting into the whole thing but more importantly because of the abundance of quality titles you get to choose from. Later on after you've gone through most of them it would start to get harder to find something you like to watch and in general you become finicky and hard to placate. Unless your newly discovered hobby converts you into a die-hard otaku lol

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 top_lel

@GazaAli: have you watched fate/zero? man nobody else on this forum has watched that except locus.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Attack on Titan is a MUST! Anime takes so many damn sharp left turns it will make your head spin!

Other good ones:

Psycho-Pass (Weird future detective fantasy that has some good morality questions)

Sword Art Online (Just a cool, MMO anime. A huge group of people get trapped in a virtual reality MMO game)

Cowboy Bebop (An anime classic. Follows a bounty hunter named Spike and his adventures through space)

Deadman Wonderland (Currently watching this. Weird anime with a kid getting framed for murder and tossed into this brutal prison where they have inmates competing to the death in different events for the public. Seems to have an interesting plot so far and the characters are amusing)

The Devil is a Part-Timer (This anime is a straight up comedy, but it is definitely worth a watch as it is pretty damn funny)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: Have you seen any anime older than 2011 besides Bebop?

Here are my recommendations:
- Monster
- FLCL
- Macross Plus
- Vision of Escaflowne
- Akira
- Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
- Eden of the East
- Black Lagoon

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@LostProphetFLCL: Have you seen any anime older than 2011 besides Bebop?

Here are my recommendations:

- Monster

- FLCL

- Macross Plus

- Vision of Escaflowne

- Akira

- Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex

- Eden of the East

- Black Lagoon

Yes? Did you even notice the FLCL reference in my username?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GazaAli

Every time someone raves about Attack on Titan with such zeal I die a little in the inside. Don't watch it deeliman you're just getting into anime there are shitload of quality animes out there for you to choose from. Don't be mediocre :(

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli

@top_lel said:

@GazaAli: have you watched fate/zero? man nobody else on this forum has watched that except locus.

Its on my watch-list. Since we're on the topic of fate/zero, what's the proper order of watching this show? It seems the franchise has already spawned multiple installments and the sequence doesn't appear to be clear.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By top_lel

@GazaAli said:

@top_lel said:

Its on my watch-list. Since we're on the topic of fate/zero, what's the proper order of watching this show? It seems the franchise has already spawned multiple installments and the sequence doesn't appear to be clear.

The first anime of this series was Fate/Stay Night released in 2006. That was utter shit. Don't watch it. Then came Fate/Zero in 2011 (or I can't recall correctly maybe it was 2008) which is actually a prequel to Fate/Stay Night. It's better if you watch Fate/Zero first, you might not understand it for the first 10-13 episodes but then you'll get a grasp over things. I will however, recommend that you watch this anime twice in order to truly understand the depth. As for the Fate/Stay Night's part of story, there's actually a reboot airing right now going by the name 'Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works'. The reboot is much better, though still not as good as Fate/Zero but it will at least suffice.

Get down to watching Fate/Zero quickly, I'm sure you'll love the hell outta it. It's in the top 30s of MAL for a reason.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@top_lel said:

doubt that's true Fate/Zero is pretty mainstream

heres a few recommendation TC no particular order

• Steins Gate
  • Mushi-Shi
  • Spice and Wolf
  • haibane renmei
  • Samurai X Trust & Betrayal
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Serial Experiment Lain
  • Madoka Magica

ceromaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By ceromaster
Member since 2009 • 209 Posts

I recommend Magi and Hunter x Hunter.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 top_lel

@locus-solus said:

@top_lel said:

Well, not exactly here on this forum since we're the only two who've watched it.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@top_lel said:

@locus-solus said:

@top_lel said:

Well, not exactly here on this forum since we're the only two who've watched it.

on the other anime recommendation threads over the last few months usually one or two people besides me mentions it idk it could have been you x.x

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 top_lel

@locus-solus said:

@top_lel said:

@locus-solus said:

@top_lel said:

on the other anime recommendation threads over the last few months usually one or two people besides me mentions it idk it could have been you x.x

I'm a ghost man.....I am anybody.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@top_lel said:

really?! you're just a sad, little Ghost in the empty shotgun Shell

@deeliman: I might recommend some good ol' fashioned slice of life anime just for your amusement,I'll give you Honey & Clover, Acchi Kocchi, Azumanga Daioh,do you prefer action over these?hmm..I have seen a much decent anime for that,I'll give you Berserk(refer to the Golden Arc for dat artistic lighting)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 top_lel

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@top_lel said:

really?! you're just a sad, little Ghost in the empty shotgun Shell

well....... who are you?

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@top_lel: I'm a local here,risking retirement.it's a pleasure to meet you

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By top_lel

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@top_lel: I'm a local here,risking retirement.it's a pleasure to meet you

How did you discover my identity?

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Smashbrossive50

@top_lel: ain't telling you,it's just what people do here as a "job". In this case let's go for an anime,do you have a controlled sanity?if not,you've probably seen Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 top_lel

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@top_lel: ain't telling you,it's just what people do here as a "job". In this case let's go for an anime,do you have a controlled sanity?if not,you've probably seen Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

I watched Corpse Party at 5 am . ..... and I'm pretty sane. Thanks to me being a member of Master Race.

Are you able to control your feels? if not, then you have seen Gurren Lagann.

do you really know who I am? if yes, please keep it undercover...it might make me another me if you open it up.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Smashbrossive50

@top_lel: you are always an undercover person,everyone here does that as a trend.tbh, I have never seen a Gurren Lagann episode before,due to that many youngsters in my country doesn't "like" the idea of immorality in an anime

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 top_lel

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@top_lel: you are always an undercover person,everyone here does that as a trend.tbh, I have never seen a Gurren Lagann episode before,due to that many youngsters in my country doesn't "like" the idea of immorality in an anime

You don't do you?

Anyways, screw the country boys, watch Gurren Lagann. The fanservice disappears after 7 episodes.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@top_lel: third world problems homeboy,when it comes to anime,all they can see and know is fanservice..|I only find fanservice as a diversion than the true definition of an anime

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 top_lel

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@top_lel: third world problems homeboy,when it comes to anime,all they can see and know is fanservice..|I only find fanservice as a diversion than the true definition of an anime

What third world country do you live in? and do you seriously have to tell your friends about what you watch?
yeah I consider fanservice a diversion too but what can you do ? nothing.

Do you have an account on MAL?

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Smashbrossive50

@top_lel: ain't telling you nothin',just move on and watch anime and let @deeliman know what's best for him

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Dunno why ....i hate anime ! seriously don't know why mature ppl watch anime....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@mjorh said:

Dunno why ....i hate anime ! seriously don't know why mature ppl watch anime....

Its just when I start I can't seem to stop until I finish it. >.>

And I like most of the cliched setting.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Smashbrossive50

@mjorh said:
don't know why mature ppl watch anime....

is it because of the hints of ecchi in them?... perhaps, I remember my purpose why I watched anime,it's because of its plotline/lore,some of these anime represents what life's like to be a high school student,I refer to Honey & Clover and Azumanga Daioh

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GazaAli
@locus-solus said:

heres a few recommendation TC no particular order

• Mushi-Shi
  • haibane renmei
  • Serial Experiment Lain

I'm currently watching Haibane Renmei. I've heard so many good things about it and I've been meaning to watch it for years now. I'm 5 episodes through already and I have to say I'm kind of on the fence on this one. So far its proving itself to be a mildly good and endearing enough of a watch but it did grow on me compared to how I was kind of disillusioned after watching the first two episodes. With that said, I doubt its going to live up to the expectations and the hype considering the fact that only 8 episodes remain in the show and that it didn't spawn any sequels or side-stories that would take it considerably further.

I've also been meaning to watch Serial Experiment Lane again. I started watching it few years ago but got sidetracked and never actually finished it. It sounds silly considering how short the show is but I was in college back then and that was one crazy time of my life. Lastly, Mushishi is absolutely amazing. I'm saving the sequel for later. I know the recommendations aren't for me but I wanted to comment on these three titles.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By top_lel

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@top_lel: ain't telling you nothin',just move on and watch anime and let @deeliman know what's best for him

bae, pls?

@mjorh said:

maybe because anime isn't just for kids.....

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GazaAli

@mjorh said:

I think its safe to say that people of all ages watch anime for different reasons. There is really something for everyone there. For instance, and in my humble opinion, you haven't known the fantasy genre until you watched anime or read manga. When it comes to imagination you got to leave it to the Japanese; they really put western fantasy to shame. I find myself inclined to point and laugh when I see people raving about some western fantasy work.

What most people don't know about anime is that it is the Japanese' equivalent of the movie industry elsewhere such as in the U.S. That is to say that its the main medium for creativity and expression. I remember reading long ago how anime started after WWII as part of rebuilding Japan and contributing to its reintroduction/reintegration to/into the world. The Japanese wanted to have a movie industry of their own but believed themselves not to be photogenic enough compared to their western counterparts with their big blue eyes and their white, fare skin. They took refuge in animation. All of this can be observed in the disproportionately large eyes of earlier anime characters and their lavish coloration. Those with no substantial experience with anime tend to completely overlook this fact and thus look at anime as Japanese cartoons which leads them to say "I don't know why mature people watch anime".

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 top_lel

@GazaAli said:

fare skin.

fair*

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GazaAli

@top_lel said:

@GazaAli said:

fare skin.

fair*

Duly noted

And I'll be referring back to that post when I get to watch fate/zero

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 top_lel

@GazaAli: I thought you'd get pissed but uh ..ok.