Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@top_lel said:

@DJ_Headshot said:

@johnd13 said:

Two friends of mine very strongly recommended to me Guilty Crown so I decided to watch it to see what the fuss is all about. I'll need more than 2 episodes to judge it myself. So far though I'm not particularly impressed.

I dropped it after a couple of episodes as well didn't really engage me that well and seemed like my better spent watching some other anime but maybe it got better later on idk I only watched up to like episode 7.

It only gets worse. It's one of those typical High School-fantasy anime.

So many people disregard this anime. This only makes me wonder why my friend who's an expert in anime(musta seen more than a hundred) has GC in his top 10 lol.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

Have any of you seen angel beats? Watching it now and I'm liking it so far.

You're liking it? Wow I have to say I'm surprised. I'd say that's pretty hardcore otaku stuff and even after years of watching anime I couldn't sit through the first episode when I attempted to pick it up two weeks ago. Not my cup of tea whatsoever.

But really, I'm impressed :3

It get's better after the first episode. trust me ^^

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@johnd13 said:

@top_lel said:

@DJ_Headshot said:

I dropped it after a couple of episodes as well didn't really engage me that well and seemed like my better spent watching some other anime but maybe it got better later on idk I only watched up to like episode 7.

It only gets worse. It's one of those typical High School-fantasy anime.

So many people disregard this anime. This only makes me wonder why my friend who's an expert in anime(musta seen more than a hundred) has GC in his top 10 lol.

There were people who actually liked Destiny too. And they're professionals.

frozengrudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104  Edited By frozengrudge
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

@top_lel: I totally agree. Angel Beats! has a very slow paced beginning, but the story gets really interesting after the disappearance of one of the SSS members if you know what I mean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@DJ_Headshot said:

I'd figure this would be a good thread to post this its my top 10 anime list not in any particular order just Anime I enjoyed alot across different genre's there's alot of other anime I really enjoyed besides these ten but I picked what I think examples the best of the best for that type of genres in anime.

1. Hunterxhunter 2011
  2. One Piece
  3. Durara
  4. ef: A Tale of Memories
  5. Haibane Renmei
  6. Nichijou
  7. Attack on Titan
  8. Kuroko's Basketball
  9. Monster
  10. Gurren Lagann

Hunter x Hunter 2011 was so good. Especially this year. Though I think the chimera ant arc overstayed its welcome. I hope they do something similar with berserk.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

@DJ_Headshot said:

I'd figure this would be a good thread to post this its my top 10 anime list not in any particular order just Anime I enjoyed alot across different genre's there's alot of other anime I really enjoyed besides these ten but I picked what I think examples the best of the best for that type of genres in anime.

1. Hunterxhunter 2011
  2. One Piece
  3. Durara
  4. ef: A Tale of Memories
  5. Haibane Renmei
  6. Nichijou
  7. Attack on Titan
  8. Kuroko's Basketball
  9. Monster
  10. Gurren Lagann

Hunter x Hunter 2011 was so good. Especially this year. Though I think the chimera ant arc overstayed its welcome. I hope they do something similar with berserk.

They did the movies but they went for cgi for the battles which I don't really like when that do it in that animated style would have vastly preferred they had done high quality hand drawn battles instead like the rest of the movie outside of the battle was a shame but its the best thing we got for a modern reincarnation of Berserk.

And Yeah HunterXHunter is awesome a same it will be another decade or two we ever see a continuation the next arc looks epic as hell but the creator is so slow to put out new manga chapters and may very die before he complete the next arc :( if he only he would hire people to draw for him and he just dictates the story and gives advice on character design and such.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@top_lel: @deeliman: Let's be honest, if a 13-episodes anime fails to redeem itself in the first episode the chances of it eventually amounting to something enjoyable are pretty low. I learned that from Haibane Renmei and its an anime that everybody raves about. This of course is more the case when the franchise doesn't span multiple installments. There simply isn't enough volume for that happening.
Besides top_lel there is good otaku material and there is abysmal otaku material. Welcome to the NHK for example is phenomenal otaku material. It is genuine, intensely captivating, emotionally gruesome and culturally enriching indeed. Genshekin comes to mind too. The variety of Angel Beats otaku materials on the other hand is mind-numbing, cringe-inducing, stupefying coarse crap. Its funny that you compare it to Clannad about which I feel the same way, albeit more strongly perhaps. I remember when it was first out and was all the craze back in 2008-2009 I think. Watched the first episode and felt like shooting myself on the spot. But of course if it does it for some folks then by all means enjoy and knock yourselves out I'm not trying to be a dick about it, just voicing my thoughts on the show.

Japanese high school settings in general put me off not because I have anything against high school but the franchise, plot threads, characters and their stereotypes and the entertainment value of the overall work are all directed to certain demographics that I do not relate to more often than not. Throw fantasy in the mix and it renders the show unwatchable for me. The last scene in the first episode of Angel Beats instantly revealed the intended audience of the show, besides the extremely casual anime fan.

In other news, I'm about to start Gankutsuou and I'm pretty excited about it; I really have high hopes for this one. I've been meaning to watch it for years and I'm finally getting to it. The settings of the anime appear to be one of a kind, and the style is very unique.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 top_lel

@GazaAli said:

@top_lel: @deeliman: Let's be honest, if a 13-episodes anime fails to redeem itself in the first episode the chances of it eventually amounting to something enjoyable are pretty low. I learned that from Haibane Renmei and its an anime that everybody raves about. This of course is more the case when the franchise doesn't span multiple installments. There simply isn't enough volume for that happening.

Besides top_lel there is good otaku material and there is abysmal otaku material. Welcome to the NHK for example is phenomenal otaku material. It is genuine, intensely captivating, emotionally gruesome and culturally enriching indeed. Genshekin comes to mind too. The variety of Angel Beats otaku materials on the other hand is mind-numbing, cringe-inducing, stupefying coarse crap. Its funny that you compare it to Clannad about which I feel the same way, albeit more strongly perhaps. I remember when it was first out and was all the craze back in 2008-2009 I think. Watched the first episode and felt like shooting myself on the spot. But of course if it does it for some folks then by all means enjoy and knock yourselves out I'm not trying to be a dick about it, just voicing my thoughts on the show.

Japanese high school settings in general put me off not because I have anything against high school but the franchise, plot threads, characters and their stereotypes and the entertainment value of the overall work are all directed to certain demographics that I do not relate to more often than not. Throw fantasy in the mix and it renders the show unwatchable for me. The last scene in the first episode of Angel Beats instantly revealed the intended audience of the show, besides the extremely casual anime fan.

In other news, I'm about to start Gankutsuou and I'm pretty excited about it; I really have high hopes for this one. I've been meaning to watch it for years and I'm finally getting to it. The settings of the anime appear to be one of a kind, and the style is very unique.

I guess you haven't watched many 13 episodes anime.

One more thing you must absolutely keep in mind is whenever I say "Clannad" , I mean to say "Clannad After Story" which is a million times or maybe infinite time better than it's predecessor which is a puke-inducing cringefest with nothing of value to offer. Hell it even spoils half of the quality of the AfterStory.

Like I first said, don't give up on Angel Beats just yet, watch until at least 7th episode. It's not just for one particular type of audience. There's something in here that everyone can like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Wow when from software said they took inspiration from beserk when making dark souls, they weren't kidding. It feels like i am reading dark souls the manga.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Hmm not sure how i feel about this. Scarlett Johansson Confirmed to Star in Ghost in the Shell

emerson_smidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By emerson_smidge
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@Gamerno6666: Some people are touting it as a way to bring more interest and money into female action heroes, but I'm sure there are plenty of other Japanese actresses who could play the role just as well as her. :/

Also, has anybody mentioned Steins;Gate and Baccano yet? I like my one season animes best and those two stand out for me. :)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 top_lel

@Gamerno6666: I'm not sure either. But I can't wait for another American attempt to ruin a great series.

emerson_smidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By emerson_smidge

@Gamerno6666:

Personally I think Pacific Rim made it an easier casting choice buuuut apparently not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@emerson_smidge: She has the looks but her acting is horrible.

emerson_smidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 emerson_smidge

@Gamerno6666: I didn't mind her in Pacific Rim to be honest, though I haven't seen her in anything else so I can't say ;P

I'll wait for ScarJo's Ghost in Shell to come out. So long as it doesn't become another Last Airbender, there is hope.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

I always prefer Aeon Flux over Ghost in the Shell but even I'm scare on how this will turn out but Americans attempt to make Anime movies are so damn bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Watched the first episode of gurren lagaan. Don't know what the **** is going on, but I still enjoyed it.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I think i'm the only person on OT who haven't watched any animes ( with exception of few movies as FF Spirits within/ VII Advent Children, Resident Evil Degeneration/Damnation ) LOL.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 top_lel

@Gamerno6666: Watch until the seventh episode.... then it'll stay with you your whole life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@indzman: Lol the main character from FF15 looks similar to a character from Naruto.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 indzman

@Gamerno6666 said:

@indzman: Lol the main character from FF15 looks similar to a character from Naruto.

Noctis and Naruto, seems familiar in names also lol

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 top_lel

@indzman: he meant Sasuke.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 indzman

@top_lel said:

@indzman: he meant Sasuke.

Just checked wiki images, yeah similiar to Noctis :)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 top_lel

@indzman: btw, you finally changed your avy! OMG ! the day of judgement is near!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 indzman

@top_lel said:

@indzman: btw, you finally changed your avy! OMG ! the day of judgement is near!

How? =P

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 top_lel

@indzman said:

@top_lel said:

How? =P

You had that GTA V avy for God knows how long.. look at me, I change my avatar every 3 days or maybe sometimes a week. With each avatar, gushes forth from within a new top_lel. Isn't that great?!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 indzman

Heh. Noctis gonna stay for a long time now tho, i change avi/ sig after a long time :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Huh this is awesome. From software definitely should make a berserk game.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

@top_lel: I too change my avatar from time to times, but I do seem to miss my previous one, the one with the big tits and I'm thinking of changing it back to her. My Sig on the other hand, I like this new one. Why don't you have a sig?

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 top_lel

@davillain- said:

@top_lel: I too change my avatar from time to times, but I do seem to miss my previous one, the one with the big tits and I'm thinking of changing it back to her. My Sig on the other hand, I like this new one. Why don't you have a sig?

Your previous avatar sucked balls. This one is wayyy better. Like 69 times better.

Honestly, I've been on this site for a long time but I still don't know how to get a sig or even know what's your sig cuz I can't see any.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

This needs to become an anime.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#134 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

I wish Ubel Blatt became an anime, the story is just superb

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By GazaAli

@Gamerno6666 said:

Berserk has been sitting in my to-watch list for years now. I first knew about it when Claymore first came out and the whining that ensued back then about how the latter is basically a rip off of the much better Berserk. I am yet to corroborate that firsthand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@GazaAli said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Berserk has been sitting in my to-watch list for years now. I first knew about it when Claymore first came out and the whining that ensued back then about how the latter is basically a rip off of the much better Berserk. I am yet to corroborate that firsthand.

Just a warning, the anime is pretty old with crappy animations and the recent movie which somewhat covers the first arc has cg from the ps2 era which may turn you off and a lot of stuff was cut from it to keep the trilogy short. So I started reading the manga and OMG its one of the best things I've ever read. Too bad its in an indefinite hiatus again. :(

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GazaAli

@top_lel said:

One more thing you must absolutely keep in mind is whenever I say "Clannad" , I mean to say "Clannad After Story" which is a million times or maybe infinite time better than it's predecessor which is a puke-inducing cringefest with nothing of value to offer. Hell it even spoils half of the quality of the AfterStory.

Like I first said, don't give up on Angel Beats just yet, watch until at least 7th episode. It's not just for one particular type of audience. There's something in here that everyone can like.

I watched my share of them. That's kind of besides the point anyway. When a show is that short I just don't see the point of waiting for it to get better. That would be an indication that at best, I'll manage to get very little of it even if it gets superbly better down the road. When a show is of a sufficient length the chances of it picking up for you at some point are adequately high and the payoff remains to be potentially worth it. No matter how you look at it the whole concept of waiting for a short anime with an uninspiring start to pick for you defeats the purpose of watching such animes: getting an instant anime fix without having to invest in it too much.

At any rate I'm sorry, I already gave up too late :3

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GazaAli

@Gamerno6666 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Just a warning, the anime is pretty old with crappy animations and the recent movie which somewhat covers the first arc has cg from the ps2 era which may turn you off. So I started reading the manga and OMG its one of the best things I've ever read. Too bad its in an indefinite hiatus again. :(

I have recently discovered what appears to be a trend within the anime world of subbing groups and fan clubs picking up oldies and revamping them with various degrees of success. I just checked and there are supposedly HD versions of Berserk available for download. As for their quality I cannot attest. The last anime that I watched was Haibane Renmei which is needless to say fairly old. Speaking from a purely technical point of view, the experience was lackluster. The video files were unbelievably big especially when compared to the quality you get but again I never watched the anime in its original resolution and rendition so may be this is a substantial improvement considering the anime era from which the show comes.

Currently I'm about to rewatch Rahxephon and it turned out that there is such an HD release available for download. Judging from the first episode and comparing it with its original release's counterpart, it looks promising I'm excited.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@GazaAli: I am still holding out for a berserk anime in the same style of hunter x hunter 2011. I was so glad they remastered HxH. The original was so crappy.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GazaAli

@Gamerno6666 said:

@GazaAli: I am still holding out for a berserk anime in the same style of hunter x hunter 2011. I was so glad they remastered HxH. The original was so crappy.

I've been keeping my eyes on that one too. I watched the original dubbed on TV and rather sporadically about 10 years ago. The dubbing was so unbelievably bad and heavily censored you could barely make sense of it. You just verified to me that its a remastering rather than a remake which is what I was hoping for.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By top_lel

@GazaAli said:

@top_lel said:

I watched my share of them. That's kind of besides the point anyway. When a show is that short I just don't see the point of waiting for it to get better. That would be an indication that at best, I'll manage to get very little of it even if it gets superbly better down the road. When a show is of a sufficient length the chances of it picking up for you at some point are adequately high and the payoff remains to be potentially worth it. No matter how you look at it the whole concept of waiting for a short anime with an uninspiring start to pick for you defeats the purpose of watching such animes: getting an instant anime fix without having to invest in it too much.

Do you know Steins;Gate? it's according to many, a modern masterpiece. And rightfully so, it stands at no.2 on MAL's top 30 anime. It has 24 episodes.

For the first 13 episodes, it's a complete borefest. You'll almost bite your nails in frustration and curse those who call it a masterpiece. But if you are a little patient, you'll find something that'll far exceed your expectations. More than half the episodes of Steins;Gate are completely unbearable, yet the other half is just lovely. In fact, once you watch it completely, then watch it again, you'll love it even more because now, the first 13 episodes will start making sense. Same is the case with Angel Beats.

It's never too late. I learned it when I played Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GazaAli

@top_lel said:

@GazaAli said:

@top_lel said:

Do you know Steins;Gate? it's according to many, a modern masterpiece. And rightfully so, it stands at no.2 on MAL's top 30 anime. It has 24 episodes.

For the first 13 episodes, it's a complete borefest. You'll almost bite your nails in frustration and curse those who call it a masterpiece. But if you are a little patient, you'll find something that'll far exceed your expectations. More than half the episodes of Steins;Gate are completely unbearable, yet the other half is just lovely. In fact, once you watch it completely, then watch it again, you'll love it even more because now, the first 13 episodes will start making sense. Same is the case with Angel Beats.

It's never too late. I learned it when I played Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2.

Here's the thing though: 24 episodes constitute an expansive enough of a range to allow for the chances of the show picking up for one at some point to be reasonably enough to warrant the investment. I wouldn't mind investing in an anime with that many episodes in the event that it didn't manage to win me over right away.

But you're really pushing it with how ardently you're defending Angel Beats that the urge to watch it just to prove you wrong is building up inside. We'll see about that.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By top_lel

@GazaAli said:

Here's the thing though: 24 episodes constitute an expansive enough of a range to allow for the chances of the show picking up for one at some point to be reasonably enough to warrant the investment. I wouldn't mind investing in an anime with that many episodes in the event that it didn't manage to win me over right away.

But you're really pushing it with how ardently you're defending Angel Beats that the urge to watch it just to prove you wrong is building up inside. We'll see about that.

What I was actually trying to say is that, Angel Beats gets better after 7th episode which is about 58% of the show, and Steins;Gate picks itself up after 13th episode, which is 54% of the show....

Figure the rest out yourself.

dracos9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#144  Edited By dracos9000
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts

Here are some great animes I noticed no one mentioned:

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Kemono no Souja Erin

Juuni Kokuki

They may be dated but they are still very good animes.

Some comedy ones:

Urusei Yatsura

Ranma 1/2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Dammit I caught up to berserk. Who the hell knows when it will come back. :(

Atlist Griffith got bitchslapped.

Edit: got an update. The next issue will resume at 25th august.... **** you Miura.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GazaAli

@top_lel said:

@GazaAli said:

What I was actually trying to say is that, Angel Beats gets better after 7th episode which is about 58% of the show, and Steins;Gate picks itself up after 13th episode, which is 54% of the show....

Figure the rest out yourself.

Percentage-wise what you're saying may appear to be sensible at first glance but in reality it isn't. Equal percentages of different quantities are not one and the same. While the two animes allegedly get better after the same percentage of episodes in the case of Angel Beats that means you get to enjoy around 6 episodes of the show while you get to enjoy around 12 episodes in the case of Steins;Gate following the same logic. Admittedly you'd have to put up with more supposedly abysmal episodes of Steins;Gate to get to the good part which I'm ok with: granted ,it is a higher investment but it also yields a higher return that warrants the investment.

It is not my intention to be pedantic...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GazaAli

Can someone recommend me a light comedy, slice of life anime with adequate kawaii element to watch on the side when I'm bored? Something like Soredemo Machi wa mawatte iru would be perfect. I really loved that anime.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 top_lel

@GazaAli said:

Percentage-wise what you're saying may appear to be sensible at first glance but in reality it isn't. Equal percentages of different quantities are not one and the same. While the two animes allegedly get better after the same percentage of episodes in the case of Angel Beats that means you get to enjoy around 6 episodes of the show while you get to enjoy around 12 episodes in the case of Steins;Gate following the same logic. Admittedly you'd have to put up with more supposedly abysmal episodes of Steins;Gate to get to the good part which I'm ok with: granted ,it is a higher investment but it also yields a higher return that warrants the investment.

It is not my intention to be pedantic...

You're giving up too soon man. JUST WATCH IT FFS!

@GazaAli said:

Can someone recommend me a light comedy, slice of life anime with adequate kawaii element to watch on the side when I'm bored? Something like Soredemo Machi wa mawatte iru would be perfect. I really loved that anime.

Danshi Koukousei no nichijou: devoid of the 'kawai' element but you'll literally laugh your ass off.
Nichijou: This fits your description perfectly.
Senyuu (1st and 2nd season): Short comedy skits... that's all I'll say about it.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GazaAli

@top_lel said:

Danshi Koukousei no nichijou: devoid of the 'kawai' element but you'll literally laugh your ass off.

Nichijou: This fits your description perfectly.

Senyuu (1st and 2nd season): Short comedy skits... that's all I'll say about it.

I think I'll check Nichijou. Thanks

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 top_lel

@GazaAli: If your High School life was rad be sure to check out Danshi koukousei no nichijou as well