Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@top_lel said:

@GazaAli: If your High School life was rad be sure to check out Danshi koukousei no nichijou as well

Added it to my list

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

@GazaAli: I am still holding out for a berserk anime in the same style of hunter x hunter 2011. I was so glad they remastered HxH. The original was so crappy.

I've been keeping my eyes on that one too. I watched the original dubbed on TV and rather sporadically about 10 years ago. The dubbing was so unbelievably bad and heavily censored you could barely make sense of it. You just verified to me that its a remastering rather than a remake which is what I was hoping for.

Actually it was a remake. Sorry got that mixed up. But don't worry, mad house studios did a superb job with the series.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#153 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@GazaAli said:

Can someone recommend me a light comedy, slice of life anime with adequate kawaii element to watch on the side when I'm bored? Something like Soredemo Machi wa mawatte iru would be perfect. I really loved that anime.

Spice and Wolf

Or if you want something more awesome, Gintama

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 GazaAli

@Gamerno6666 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

@GazaAli: I am still holding out for a berserk anime in the same style of hunter x hunter 2011. I was so glad they remastered HxH. The original was so crappy.

I've been keeping my eyes on that one too. I watched the original dubbed on TV and rather sporadically about 10 years ago. The dubbing was so unbelievably bad and heavily censored you could barely make sense of it. You just verified to me that its a remastering rather than a remake which is what I was hoping for.

Actually it was a remake. Sorry got that mixed up. But don't worry, mad house studios did a superb job with the series.

If its half as good as people seem to think of it then I'll be content. At any rate, I can't claim to have a nostalgic link to the anime seeing how I never got to experience the original remotely sufficiently to warrant such an attachment. So with nostalgia or any other form of sentimentality out of the way I won't have a problem enjoying what appears to be a phenomenal show.

Its been a while since I picked up a shounen anime so I'll definitely watch this in the near future. Thanks again.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 GazaAli

@chessmaster1989 said:
@GazaAli said:

Can someone recommend me a light comedy, slice of life anime with adequate kawaii element to watch on the side when I'm bored? Something like Soredemo Machi wa mawatte iru would be perfect. I really loved that anime.

Spice and Wolf

Or if you want something more awesome, Gintama

Added Spice and Wolf to my list thanks a bunch.

And about Gintama, I've heard so many great things about it. Back in college I had this friend who used to rave about it all the time. I should give that a go soon.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@GazaAli: Gintama is great. My anime watching-habit began with it two and a half years ago and I recently finished it(overall there are more than 250 eps). It's ideal for your purpose of sth to watch when bored and has great humor and satire. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Another season has been announced to be released at some point which is great news.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By GazaAli

@johnd13 said:

@GazaAli: Gintama is great. My anime watching-habit began with it two and a half years ago and I recently finished it(overall there are more than 250 eps). It's ideal for your purpose of sth to watch when bored and has great humor and satire. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Another season has been announced to be released at some point which is great news.

You must be pleased. I remember checking it out a few weeks ago and taking notice of its finished status. The big number of episodes is kind of putting me off though.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@johnd13 said:

You must be pleased. I remember checking it out a few weeks ago and taking notice of its finished status. The big number of episodes is kind of putting me off though.

I feel the same way about huge number of episodes in animes but in this case it's pretty much irrelevant. There is no single major story-line in Gintama, instead each episode or group of episodes(or arcs) have the protagonists dealing with different goals and people. There is no real end in the sense of defeating the bad guys etc. So even if you never make it through all the episodes, you won't feel like you wasted your time without reaching the end. It's one of those cases where literally, the journey is what matters.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 GazaAli

Already making alts? What a turn off..

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 GazaAli

@johnd13 said:

@GazaAli said:

@johnd13 said:

I feel the same way about huge number of episodes in animes but in this case it's pretty much irrelevant. There is no single major story-line in Gintama, instead each episode or group of episodes(or arcs) have the protagonists dealing with different goals and people. There is no real end in the sense of defeating the bad guys etc. So even if you never make it through all the episodes, you won't feel like you wasted your time without reaching the end. It's one of those cases where literally, the journey is what matters.

Maybe I'll start watching it then without worrying too much about connectivity of the plot seeing how its loosely organized.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#162 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@GazaAli said:

@johnd13 said:

@GazaAli said:

@johnd13 said:

Maybe I'll start watching it then without worrying too much about connectivity of the plot seeing how its loosely organized.

Oh yeah Gintama is complete episodic/mini arcs. Some of the mini arcs are a bit more serious but it's mostly just comedy. Word of warning the series is a bit slow to start but really picks up around episode 20 or so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Guys, why doesn't manhwa(Korean Comics) get anime adaption?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@sheikhspeare: Pretty sure the ones I;ve read are from south korea.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GazaAli

@Gamerno6666 said:

Guys, why doesn't manhwa(Korean Comics) get anime adaption?

I'm not an expert in the matter but I don't think manhwa and the anime industry in SK is nearly as big as its Japanese counterpart. It lacks both volume/scale and quality perhaps. It feels that SK is more focused on K-drama and K-pop. The latter for example is pretty huge I believe.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 GazaAli

In other news, Gankutsuou is one hell of an anime I can tell you that. I'm at episode 7 and man what an amazing show. I'm literally blown away. Its been ages since I enjoyed an anime like that. I can always tell that I'm blown away by an anime when I start "saving episodes" instead of going through it hastily. I already categorized it as "second watch" material.

Everything about the show screams high quality and excellent production values. Monte Cristo Hakushaku-sama <3 now there's a protagonist/antagonist (remains to be seen) to have in a show. As I constantly say you got to leave it to the Japanese when it comes to imagination or fantasy. Look how marvelously they propagated a pure classic not only to the present time but also through a strange and thrilling blend of futuristic settings. I think it is phenomenal how they combined conspicuously futuristic settings with unmistakable classic elements such as the aristocracy, Medieval France, exotic east...etc. The animation is strangely unique its peculiar how the coloration and embellishments/patterns of their clothes seem to "float" around and move along as the characters move. It is endearing though and the whole animation is quite the eye-candy at times. The plot crowns it all. I can't wait to arrive at the end of the main plot thread and for the many subplots to unravel and reveal the truth behind this extensive assortment of intriguing characters.

So glad I started this. You guys should watch it as well, if you haven't done so already that is. Shows like this are what make anime worth it.

VoodooF-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 VoodooF-101
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I assume that posts get removed in here at times since mine isn't here now?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 GazaAli

@sheikhspeare said:

@GazaAli: seems like a good show.

Indeed it is. Watch it you'll be absolutely pleased. Its one of those one-of-a-kind/one-time animes such as welcome to the NHK for instance that are in a class of their own.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 GazaAli

@sheikhspeare said:

@GazaAli: Go watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Hmm looks good. Hopefully I'll be watching it soon.

I'm also watching Nichijou at the moment which is nice I like it. The animation is beautiful and the characters are lovable. It is kawaii but not too kawaii if you know what I mean. The anime doesn't try too hard.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GazaAli

@sheikhspeare said:

@GazaAli said:

@sheikhspeare said:

@GazaAli: Go watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Hmm looks good. Hopefully I'll be watching it soon.

I'm also watching Nichijou at the moment which is nice I like it. The animation is beautiful and the characters are lovable. It is kawaii but not too kawaii if you know what I mean. The anime doesn't try too hard.

You should have picked Danshu Koukousei no Nichijou instead. I severely need someone to geek about that anime.

Awww too bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Wow finished reading soul eater. What a crap ending.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 GazaAli

@sheikhspeare I'm truly enjoying Nichijou! It couldn't have come at a better time as I have been desperately trying to relax lately and find some kind of a getaway. I actually added it to my list fairly recently but before you recommended it so it was your recommendation that inclined me to start it.

All of a sudden the Otaku in me is raging its been quite the time since I had such an appetite for anime. I don't know if I should cover my face in shame, but the OP is fantastic and catchy:

Loading Video...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 GazaAli

@sheikhspeare said:

@GazaAli: Huehuehuehuehue now when will you watch Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou?

I think it will be a while before I get to that. First I'd have to finish both Nichijou and Gankutsuou at the very least. I don't make it a habit to start more than two shows simultaneously of anything, be it anime or TV shows. There are also a number of anime movies I'd like to watch first before I start anything new.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#184 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

The crunchyroll app was added to Wii U so I was checking out some shows and one caught my eye. Its not some super power super hero anime or anything but its a story about a classical piano prodigy who quit until he met a violinist who drags him kicking and screaming back to it. According to Crunchyroll its called 'Your lie in April' but in japanese its Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. I like it.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#185 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Yeah pretty much, it's one of the worst endings I seen in an anime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@CountBleck12 said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

The manga too. It feels unfinished.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 GazaAli

Does anybody know if D.Grayman would ever get a reboot? A sequel? Any new stuff at all?

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 CountBleck12

@Gamerno6666 said:

@CountBleck12 said:

The manga too. It feels unfinished.

It's such a shame. Despite the fact that the anime is pretty much filler when it progresses later, I still enjoyed the anime personally but after seeing the ending... yeah...

Reminds of the Berserk anime ending, that one sucked too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@CountBleck12 said:

Berserk manga was pretty cool though. Until myuri took another indifinite hiatus. -_-

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 CountBleck12

@Gamerno6666 said:

@CountBleck12 said:

Berserk manga was pretty cool though. Until myuri took another indifinite hiatus. -_-

I still need to catch up on the manga myself, I'm almost 200 chapters in and it beats the anime and maybe the movies too.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#192 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@top_lel said:

@GazaAli: If your High School life was rad be sure to check out Danshi koukousei no nichijou as well

I approve of this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Damn Hajime no Ippo is so awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265