Who will win the 2020 US Presidential election?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Who will win the 2020 US Presidential election? (77 votes)

Donald Trump 40%
Joe Biden 60%

Simple, I don't want to know who you want to win, but who you think will win regardless of personal preference. Give reason why you came to this conclusion.

I hate Trump, but I think he will "win". The fix is in. COVID is going to lower in person voting and with Trump and Republicans attacking mail in voting and lowering polling places, not to mention Trump encouraging his voters to harass voters at polling places. This all equals to Trump successfully stealing this election. I hope I am wrong, I just doubt I am.

• 
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

I'm hoping for Joe. The country will do better, Trump really screwed up.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#2 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Trump if we're not careful. Foreign adversaries (Russia, China) know he's a chaos agent, (maybe unwittingly) but still

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Less than a month until the only poll that matters is taken. Also, there is no fix. Mail in voting is highly insecure so if there is one, it ain't in Trumps favor. So quit making excuses. The only one at fault here is the DNC forcing the worst candidate available onto the voters the same way they did in 2016 pushing a platform that people really have no interest in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@eoten: Knock it off, mail in voting has been fine since the civil war. Stop the lies. It’s Trump and the GOP attacking mail in voting with zero proof and limiting polling places. No more excuses.

FYI, the Democrats didn’t force Biden on anyone, the people chose him. Of course you would say the same no matter who got the nod.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Trump. Few reasons:

1) Incumbents are notoriously and traditionally very difficult to defeat.

2) I don’t trust polls whatsoever after ‘16, and believe they are skewed so heavily to Biden right now because most who support Trump simply don’t want to admit it. The silent (ashamed) majority truly exists with Trump.

3) Trump has packed the courts to his advantage should the results be close enough to be contested.

4) At this point, divine intervention. For some reason, it seems the absolute worst people on the planet end up succeeding as if fate ordained it. Trump’s no exception.

5) I’m seeing the exact same arrogant, condescending, mocking sentiment being expressed as if he’s already lost. Carbon copy of ‘16. It feels like deja vu.

I’m so sure Trump will win, in fact, that I have $100 on it and may up it to $200 before the election. It’s a win-win bet: I’ll either profit a bit on election night (a night where I’ll need some real cheering up), or it will genuinely be the best money I’ve ever spent.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eoten

@thegreatchomp said:

@eoten: Knock it off, mail in voting has been fine since the civil war. Stop the lies. It’s Trump and the GOP attacking mail in voting with zero proof and limiting polling places. No more excuses.

FYI, the Democrats didn’t force Biden on anyone, the people chose him. Of course you would say the same no matter who got the nod.

Absentee ballots are not "mail in voting" we have now where everyone gets mailed a ballot, even if it's not to the correct house, multiple get sent to one people, and more. What we have now is open to ballot harvesting. You're simply making excuses for why Trump will win so you can continue on believing the presidency, and the outcome of the election are illegitimate instead of facing the reality that the American people just ain't buying what the DNC is trying to sell them.

Last time you people blamed the EC, blamed Russians, blamed racists, blamed sexists, blamed every other -ist you could. You blamed everyone and everything but the people who put up one of the most unlikable candidates in recent history.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: You are the one making excuses, even twisting words and creating problems where there is none. You are like Trump, you want a built in excuse if he loses. You have zero proof if anything, mail in voting had been fine and had never caused a problem, ever. Stop lying.

American people aren’t buying what the DNC is selling? You are making up a silent majority that doesn’t exist. You have been corrected in this, you are just trolling at this point.

Also, there has been less than 2000 cases of fraud on over 250 million ballots cast by mail. Fraud is almost nonexistent here, you are just making up excuses and you know it.

Also absentee and mail in are largely the same and only 5 states actually send ballots out without request. You know this and choose to lie about it. I am in California and have to request a ballot, wake up.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I think Biden will win, but then again I thought Clinton would win, I also thought John Kerry would win.

In the UK, I had previously thought Gordon Brown would beat Cameron, I recently thought Corbyn would beat Bojo.

But I did think Obama would win.

Based on my fairly consistently wrong predictions, the winner will “probably” be Trump.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Biden will obviously win the popular vote. But, don't underestimate Trump and repulicans rigging anything or getting peoples votes thrown out for no reason. They are trying every dirty trick known to cheat.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

The polls are looking really bad for Trump, but I don't want to count my chickens until after they've hatched.

Also, I'm not discounting the possibility that Trump manages to cheat his way to a win either. Shit in South Carolina discounting a ton of mail in ballots is currently happening right now, Texas trying to have only one drop off place for ballots per county is happening. Trump saying that he's not willing to commit to a peaceful transfer of power is happening. There's just a ton of evidence that Trump is going to try and cheat, and I have seen little in the way of anything definitively standing in his way of doing so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Serraph105: If it makes you feel better, Biden was going to lose those states anyway.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Serraph105

@thegreatchomp said:

@Serraph105: If it makes you feel better, Biden was going to lose those states anyway.

It really doesn't. We have a party that is openly attempting to cheat and the response to it seems to be a shrug and people waiting to see how their cheating will play out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Serraph105: The shrug comes from the right who want them to cheat. The left doesn’t have the power to stop it right now.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

There are too many factors at play for me to say. Polls suggest Biden, but I'm still worried that pollsters did not correct their methodology. Also, Trump and his sh*t base are doing everything to suppress the vote and deny mail in voting legitimacy. He's also said he'd contest a loss and has threatened to weaponize the DOJ in order to do so. We simply have an rotting party in power that will do everything to keep the will of the people from being heard. They're scared that the American people should have a voice in who governs them.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@thegreatchomp said:

It really doesn't. We have a party that is openly attempting to cheat and the response to it seems to be a shrug and people waiting to see how their cheating will play out.

Yes, but is it illegal?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@mattbbpl: Did you just imply cheating is legal? Or are you one of those people who think it’s ok as long as it’s legal. No wonder this country is screwed.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Serraph105

@thegreatchomp: I'm positive Matt is just making a joke about how Republicans are arguing that it's always okay to do something so long as it's not technically illegal and Republicans are the ones doing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Serraph105: Humor doesn’t translate well sometimes. Thanks to eoten and jezzers it’s hard to tell because they say that honestly.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

These two are probably relevant

Minnesota’s plan to accept mail-in ballots until a week after Election Day survived another Republican challenge when a federal judge ruled that GOP claims of potential fraud don’t hold up to evidence -- the rate of voter fraud in the state is just 0.000004% since 1979.

The suit by two Republican presidential electors assumes it’s “human nature to commit voter fraud” if given the opportunity, U.S. District Judge Nancy E. Brasel said in a ruling late Sunday denying their request for an injunction against the ballot-counting plan. She also rejected their claim that extending the deadline for ballots postmarked by Nov. 3 will create confusion.

The reasoning is very telling.

The other one

California Republicans are allegedly trying to prove that voter fraud is real by committing actual election fraud.

Metal containers marked “Official ballot drop-off box” have been popping up in gyms, gun stores, campaign headquarters, and even churches across California in recent weeks, with Republicans urging voters to drop their ballots inside.

But these boxes are not official ballot drop boxes, and the Republicans who have been actively promoting them in recent weeks could face criminal charges.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Biden I think most of the Country has had enough of Trump except for his hardcore cult that would die for him.

Avatar image for gamekillag4life
gamekillag4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamekillag4life
Member since 2020 • 45 Posts

i think Trump will win

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Biden and maybe in a historic landslide. Biden will win by the biggest margin in 56 years for a dem presidential candidate.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7324 Posts

I am taking nothing for granted until November 3rd. Or however long it ends up taking to get an official answer. God, a repeat of 2000 would be the rotten cherry on top of the 2020 bullshit sundae.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 narlymech

I just watched a Trump rally where he was acting rationally. Change of strategy?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eoten

@narlymech said:

I just watched a Trump rally where he was acting rationally. Change of strategy?

Probably the first one you've seen more than a couple snippets of would be my guess.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By narlymech

@eoten said:
@narlymech said:

Probably the first one you've seen more than a couple snippets of would be my guess.

Nah, he seemed much more even keel. Could be his medicine. Or part of his covid made me feel better than ever routine.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Eoten

@narlymech said:
@eoten said:
@narlymech said:

Nah, he seemed much more even keel. Could be his medicine.

I seen it. It's about on par with most his rallies. But, the election is over anyway, Joe has dropped out and decided to run for the Senate at his rally today.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: He never acts rationally.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Probably Trump.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By super600  Moderator
@judaspete said:

I am taking nothing for granted until November 3rd. Or however long it ends up taking to get an official answer. God, a repeat of 2000 would be the rotten cherry on top of the 2020 bullshit sundae.

I think the crazier scenario at this point is biden winning in a landslide despite the current polarized environment. Every US presidential election since 1992 has been within 8.5 points. Not many young people were around in the early-mid 1900s were landslide presidential wins were more common. This might be the first election that many people watch were an incumbent president loses by a landslide like margin to his challenger.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@eoten: So you would than agree people who serve in the military should not be allowed to vote by mail in voting. If its not safe for us it can’t be safe for them right thats is what you’re saying

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eoten

@sheep99 said:

@eoten: So you would than agree people who serve in the military should not be allowed to vote by mail in voting. If its not safe for us it can’t be safe for them right thats is what you’re saying

When an absentee ballot is asked for, it is given. The number of ballots given are consistent with the number of people who will use them. What we have now is thousands of ballots being sent out to people who didn't ask for them, won't use them, are dead, ineligible, or people are getting ballots with the wrong names mailed to the wrong address or receiving multiples. These ballots can be filled out by ANYBODY and turned in. Especially when some states claim they'll be relaxing the rules on signature matching the ballot to registered voters. We've already found thousands of mail-in ballots dumped and discarded, some filled out. It delegitimizes the process, not that it matters, even with it, Biden can't win.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eoten

Oh yeah, and about support for Trump in Florida, Latinos had a rally a couple days ago... a parade of cars. Miami police department says 30,000 individual vehicles attended. I guess it's hard to get thousands of Cubans and other Hispanic/Latino groups to support far left ideologies similar to the ones implemented in the countries they were forced to flee because of.

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

any other year, biden destroys trump. in 2020 the orange imbecile takes it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By super600  Moderator

@comp_atkins said:

any other year, biden destroys trump. in 2020 the orange imbecile takes it.

Trump is not a magician. He got insanely lucky in 2016 and barely won against an insanely unpopular candidate. Now trump is on track to do 1-4 percent worse than 2016 in terms of his share of the popular vote. As a result trump has around a 30-40 percent chance of losing in a historic landslide because his challenger is polling closer to 53 percent instead of 47.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: LOL! That wasn’t anywhere near 30k and looked similar to the Biden one you lied about.

That also looked like a small number of Cubans harassing people in cars who didn’t seem to appreciate it.

Also stop lying about mail in voting. Nothing you said is true. Literally nothing, and only 5 states are actually mail in without asking. So you can knock that off too. Trump can’t win a fair election, no republican can. They win by cheating, which is what is happening now and you will see on the 3rd. Bush stole 2000 and Trump will steal 2020 via voter suppression and courts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

I think as long as people go vote then Biden wins. trump is way to unpopular with the majority of the country. But you have to vote!

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I voted Trump because he needs it.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@eoten: you do know you have to request it and you can track your ballot too. If anyone can vote by mail so your are saying that anyone can vote in person as well. So you agree than that military service man and women should not be allowed to vote by mail its a simple yes or no?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Biden doesn’t stand a chance unless there’s massive mail in voter fraud and by the looks of it in a few states - is underway.

But I don’t think it’ll beat out Trump’s base enthusiasm. It’s really off the charts. Most of the polls are fake.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

My money's on Joe Biden. If my Countryman lets Donald Trump win again as our current President, I will lose all hope for my fellow Countryman and I will think about moving out of this state with my family because if they want to be the NWO, then leave me the hell alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Sevenizz: You mean massive fraud from the GOP?

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Trump. Few reasons:

1) Incumbents are notoriously and traditionally very difficult to defeat.

2) I don’t trust polls whatsoever after ‘16, and believe they are skewed so heavily to Biden right now because most who support Trump simply don’t want to admit it. The silent (ashamed) majority truly exists with Trump.

3) Trump has packed the courts to his advantage should the results be close enough to be contested.

4) At this point, divine intervention. For some reason, it seems the absolute worst people on the planet end up succeeding as if fate ordained it. Trump’s no exception.

5) I’m seeing the exact same arrogant, condescending, mocking sentiment being expressed as if he’s already lost. Carbon copy of ‘16. It feels like deja vu.

I’m so sure Trump will win, in fact, that I have $100 on it and may up it to $200 before the election. It’s a win-win bet: I’ll either profit a bit on election night (a night where I’ll need some real cheering up), or it will genuinely be the best money I’ve ever spent.

Excellent post.

1) I agree

2) I agree. But I do not agree with your characterization of the silent majority as being (ashamed). They are not ashamed, they just want to avoid being called names by the arrogant, condescending, mocking, holier-than-thou anti Trump people.

3) Your point hinges on the belief that anyone Trump appointed is tainted and cannot be relied on to decide based on the law and the rules. You are entitled to that opinion, just realize you're raging bias might be tainting your view.

4) Can't agree with you on this one. First, I don't believe in divine intervention. Second, Trump is indeed an a-hole, but worst people on the planet? Hmm, no.

5) I agree. Anti Trump people are arrogant, condescending and mocking.

10 months ago, I thought Trump had this won. 4 months ago, I was pretty sure Biden was going to win. Now, I'm not sure how this is going to end. About the only thing I am sure of is, it is going to be ugly.

I am sad to say, that at 56 years old, I will probably witness for the first time in my lifetime, my country NOT have a peaceful transition of power, and that scares me more than either of these two old farts winning.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

I find it hard to believe any working American would want Biden to win this election. Trump may well be a detestable arrogant so and so, but at least he runs the country in a manner that shows he cares. The figures prove this. The Dems are so radical right now, that they are actually dangerous. And that crazy green deal won't safeguard our future, it will have the cities burning when poverty sweeps the states. Don't be afraid to back Trump, and don't be afraid of speaking up. The media bias will have to change its tune when he wins in November, and that will be almost worth it on its own. T2020