Who will win the 2020 US Presidential election?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Who will win the 2020 US Presidential election? (77 votes)

Donald Trump 40%
Joe Biden 60%

Simple, I don't want to know who you want to win, but who you think will win regardless of personal preference. Give reason why you came to this conclusion.

I hate Trump, but I think he will "win". The fix is in. COVID is going to lower in person voting and with Trump and Republicans attacking mail in voting and lowering polling places, not to mention Trump encouraging his voters to harass voters at polling places. This all equals to Trump successfully stealing this election. I hope I am wrong, I just doubt I am.

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: I can assure you Antifa ain’t there. And BLM is mostly peaceful.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#102 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: I can assure you Antifa ain’t there. And BLM is mostly peaceful.

Ah yes, when bottles, bricks and fireworks were being thrown at us. It was just a peaceful way for them to celebrate social distancing. Clearly all the tangible interactions we've had, and millions of dollars in damage, are misplaced.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

You love incorrect stereotypes, don't you? 99% of BLM people aren't like that. And what do you mean us?

@Stevo_the_gamer said: @thegreatchomp said: @Stevo_the_gamer: I can assure you Antifa ain’t there. And BLM is mostly peaceful.

Ah yes, when bottles, bricks and fireworks were being thrown at us. It was just a peaceful way for them to celebrate social distancing. Clearly all the tangible interactions we've had, and millions of dollars in damage, are misplaced.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#104 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: It's true, we have a habit of letting violence slide when it's from the right.

The $2 billion in property damage and up to what? 40 some murders now over the last few months isn't from the right. You cannot point to right wing violence to justify any of this. The left likes to make monsters out of windmills so they can convince themselves they're some kind of heros, when in reality the prejudice, bigotry, intolerance, fascism, it's coming from the left and the people on the left refuse to see and acknowledge it. All they can do is make pathetic excuses for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: While you ignore the Presidents racism, armed militias invading buildings and threatening to kidnap and even kill elected officials. Don’t forget the right wingers caught rioting in those protests or the police running over peaceful protesters or them being gassed by your dear leader.

Then there is voter suppression, illegal drop boxes, hacking of oppositions children, false claims of not being born here. Not to mention Trump supporters putting everyone who doesn’t like Trump down, like we are unamerican baby eaters. QAnon?

I didn’t even mention the hated of gays and minorities or talking down to women.

You blame the left because you are trained to, but reality is all the prejudice, bigotry, intolerance and fascism come from the right. It will take us decades to fix the mess you caused.

FYI, fascism is a right wing ideology not an all purpose word. It’s an actual doctrine with actual tenets. Left Wingers by definition can totalitarian but not fascist. Get it right.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Eoten

@thegreatchomp said:

@eoten: While you ignore the Presidents racism, armed militias invading buildings and threatening to kidnap and even kill elected officials. Don’t forget the right wingers caught rioting in those protests or the police running over peaceful protesters or them being gassed by your dear leader.

Then there is voter suppression, illegal drop boxes, hacking of oppositions children, false claims of not being born here. Not to mention Trump supporters putting everyone who doesn’t like Trump down, like we are unamerican baby eaters. QAnon?

I didn’t even mention the hated of gays and minorities or talking down to women.

You blame the left because you are trained to, but reality is all the prejudice, bigotry, intolerance and fascism come from the right. It will take us decades to fix the mess you caused.

FYI, fascism is a right wing ideology not an all purpose word. It’s an actual doctrine with actual tenets. Left Wingers by definition can totalitarian but not fascist. Get it right.

Trying to tie the Michigan plot by anarchists to people on the right is disingenuous, and your claims that Trump is a racist has been debunked. And holy shit, you actually think those are people on the right causing riots and burning businesses?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten: And there it is. You can’t respond effectively and proved nothing. You also took one thing I said out of context. There are right wingers in there, I never said all. The Trump is a racist thing hasn’t been debunked, you just refuse to believe it.

Take the L, you got nothing.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Eoten

@thegreatchomp said:

@eoten: And there it is. You can’t respond effectively and proved nothing. You also took one thing I said out of context. There are right wingers in there, I never said all. The Trump is a racist thing hasn’t been debunked, you just refuse to believe it.

I've proven nothing? You've done nothing but make another stupid baseless claim about racism that you couldn't possibly even prove. This is what you remind me of.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@eoten said:
@thegreatchomp said:

I've proven nothing? You've done nothing but make another stupid baseless claim about racism that you couldn't possibly even prove. This is what you remind me of.

Loading Video...

Here come the personal attacks and fake outrage. You made multiple claims in your post, and instead of defending those claims you insult me. Of course, there is no point in debating you as you just reject all information as fake news anyway. I will no feed you, xabiss or sevenizz any further.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Eoten

@thegreatchomp said:
@eoten said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Loading Video...

Here come the personal attacks and fake outrage. You made multiple claims in your post, and instead of defending those claims you insult me. Of course, there is no point in debating you as you just reject all information as fake news anyway. I will no feed you, xabiss or sevenizz any further.

It's not a personal attack at all. Everytime I've pointed out the violence and damage caused by leftwing riots, your only answer is "nuh uh, it's Nazis" or something along those lines. 40 dead, over $2 billion in property damage and that's just what is in insurance claims and you're trying to compare this to what? A fucking rally almost four years ago where one person got killed in a massive cluster ****?

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#112 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Liberal voters are bedwetters and doomsdayers. I do believe Biden will win. Trump telling all of his supporters to vote in person absolutely could backfire. He's hoping everyone will be available and come out and vote for him on election day- while democrats will have been voting for a month. Even if thousands of ballots comeback incomplete/rejected/whatever- turnout for Dems will be higher which equals a victory, IMO.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Shmiity said:

Liberal voters are bedwetters and doomsdayers. I do believe Biden will win. Trump telling all of his supporters to vote in person absolutely could backfire. He's hoping everyone will be available and come out and vote for him on election day- while democrats will have been voting for a month. Even if thousands of ballots comeback incomplete/rejected/whatever- turnout for Dems will be higher which equals a victory, IMO.

Yeah. The problem trump faces at the moment is that an act of god or a bad finish to his campaign can make it a lot harder for his voters to show up on election day. If he never criticised mail in ballots he would have been fine.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Shmiity

@super600 said:
@Shmiity said:

Yeah. The problem trump faces at the moment is that an act of god or a bad finish to his campaign can make it a lot harder for his voters to show up on election day.

I'm believing in the math at this point. There are more Democrats than Republicans in the USA. Voter turnout this election will be at an all-time high. There are more ways to safely vote (mail). Democrats will be voting all month. 18 million people have already voted. Trump's path to victory last time was small and he was facing the hated Hillary Clinton. Biden is polling close or over 50% in every battleground. I'm not saying Trump cant pull it off- but it's really hard for him to win. Its just the math.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Shmiity: He will. Democrats are already being out voted.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Shmiity

@thegreatchomp said:

Democrats are outvoting Republicans 2 - 1 in early voting thus far across 42 states. Outvoting Republicans by 400,000 in Florida right now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Shmiity: Not in Wisconsin or Ohio.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Eoten

Actually, I read earlier that most of the new voter registrations are registering as Republican. So the assertion that Democrats are going to have more voters probably isn't true. Here's an article showing Republicans, who won Florida in 2016, having a massive surge in new voter registration for this years election. Yeah, not looking good for Biden.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/24/florida-republicans-voter-registration-surge-420936

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

@Shmiity said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Democrats are outvoting Republicans 2 - 1 in early voting thus far across 42 states. Outvoting Republicans by 400,000 in Florida right now.

That is interesting... source?

I would almost have expected Republicans to win the vote only for Democrats to take it with the mail in ballots.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Maroxad:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/democrats-leading-in-early-vote-but-republicans-can-still-catch-up-2020-10%3Famp

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Eoten

Most Trump supporters plan to vote in person. What you will see is most the Biden votes being mail-in and most the Trump votes being in person, so if there's not a HUGE lead leading up to election day, Biden's fucked.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

@eoten said:

Trying to tie the Michigan plot by anarchists to people on the right is disingenuous, and your claims that Trump is a racist has been debunked. And holy shit, you actually think those are people on the right causing riots and burning businesses?

No one debunks trump is racist. Hell he was sued twice by the justice department for discrimination. They have found right in the protests causing damage.......yes.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

@Maroxad:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/democrats-leading-in-early-vote-but-republicans-can-still-catch-up-2020-10%3Famp

Thanks.

This looks very promising.

Not only does it look like the election could turn out a landslide victory for Democrats, but it could be a promising pattern for future elections, where more and more people (democrats especially), realize that voting early is safer and more convenient, and could help counter decades of voter suppression by republicans.

The democratic voter turnout, and turnout in general could show how much the country flat out rejects fascism.

I was worried Democrats were gonna sit this one out, but oh how I love being proven wrong.

This doesnt mean Democrats are guaranteed to win though, GOPers could see these news and might push a few extra Trumpers to vote. Likewise, Democrats could get complacent with this lead, and fall behind. But seeing democrats vote this much early, should be a brilliant tactic to counter Republican voter suppression.

Edit: If Trump loses in a landslide, and then other authoritarian nationalists lose as well (Bolsonaro has a terrible approval rating). I hope this Nationalism Outbreak ends. With people learning once again, that Nationalism is a failed ideology, and incompatible with modern economics and geopolitics.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@thegreatchomp said:

You love incorrect stereotypes, don't you? 99% of BLM people aren't like that. And what do you mean us?

@Stevo_the_gamer said: @thegreatchomp said: @Stevo_the_gamer: I can assure you Antifa ain’t there. And BLM is mostly peaceful.

Us as in law enforcement; us as in my partners and I which were tasked with going downtown to provide security for government buildings and being part of a mobilization force which included assisting the California National Guard when they were deployed. Us as in the 70 hour work weeks back in May/June working collaboratively with over dozen regional agencies.

But thanks to BLM and Antifa from the overtime, they covered my entire costs of a house remodel. And the unrest likely coming in November, that overtime will cover a nice Christmas vacation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

This is the level of intelligence of the current president, just an FYI.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Now I see why you guys keep making things worse, didn't knew it was so profitable.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@girlusocrazy said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: So the police have a personal interest in people fearing the idea of extremist violence. I can see why you are promoting that fear.

Can you give us any more information on how police benefit financially?

Law enforcement have an invested interest instilling fear within the minds of the criminals who believe they can loot, vandalize, assualt or intimidate others. All law enforcement salaries are of public record, feel free to research.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@girlusocrazy said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Yeah that explains the excessive force and itchy trigger fingers.

Exactly, now excuse me while I train my current trainee how to correctly utilize our peacemaker tan- um, mobile support unit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@netracing: Intelligence and Trump are an oxymoron.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Eoten
@girlusocrazy said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Yeah that explains the excessive force and itchy trigger fingers, that is backfiring with the increased scrutiny of police policies and adherence to such. I can see why the police have an inclination to despise and demonize protestors, but at the same time want them to stick around and get fired up. That's quite the tenuous situation.

Thanks for the information.

That said, respect for police who stand up for what's right and do the right thing. A cop saved my uncle's life, and do many more good things for others. Like everywhere there is good and bad, but the definition of police is people who serve to uphold the good of all over the benefit of an individual to the detriment of another, and so we do have a higher standard for police and have that expectation. I hope we find the solution to getting fair enforcement.

I doubt you're going to find very many, if at all, police who despise or even dislike protesters. But rioters, looters, arsonists.. these are not protestors, they're criminal opportunists and it's for the good of everyone on both sides, whether you disagree with the protests, or you're a legitimate protester who doesn't want to get blamed for these criminal acts. So, police stopping these people are doing the right thing.

But you have to understand there are people who want the violence, and they're pushing a LOT of disinformation about police to achieve it. For example, Mike Brown never had his hands up, witnesses even said so, so why were people told this is what happened, which ultimately lead to those riots? And guess what? They didn't give you all the relevant information about George Floyd either.

But, these riots have really hurt Biden's chances. It's purely dishonest to say it hasn't.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#133 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@eoten said:

Most Trump supporters plan to vote in person. What you will see is most the Biden votes being mail-in and most the Trump votes being in person, so if there's not a HUGE lead leading up to election day, Biden's fucked.

Like I said earlier that is necessarily not that great for the trump campaign. An act of god or a last minute collapse in his campaign can prevent a lot of his supporters from voting on election day. Biden will be banking tens of millions of votes before November 3rd which will make it a lot harder for trump to beat him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@super600: You do know he is assuming that’s what Trump supporters are doing. Like in some battleground states that is not what’s happening.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#135 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

With Trump the lies are so fast and frequent its litterally better to just assume everything he says is a lie. Litterally.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17692 Posts

@comeonman said:

@MirkoS77:

Why am I worried now? Because the willingness for the losing side to accept the results has steadily declined, culminating in the 2016 outcome resulting in people protesting, even rioting in the streets. They were egged on by a media that promoted the notion that the election of Trump was dangerous, unacceptable, and should not have been allowed. Add to that, the growing tribalism promoted by social media and the internet, and I fear our civil society may be fractured beyond repair.

Your responses to me in this thread are a golden example of the mentality that has me worried. You have made up your mind that people that have voted for Trump, and/or are willing to vote for Trump again, are not just wrong, they are BAD people. They are committing a condemnable act by going against your notion of which candidate is not only the right choice, but the acceptable choice.

We used to have a standard when it comes to domestic politics, that we have opponents, not enemies. Those days are gone, and I fear we will never get them back.

So no amount of your concern is laid at the foot of a president who has, "unpresidentedly", taken every effort to sow doubt in our democratic process with absolutely no foundation in fact whatsoever? It's all the democrats fault? I've never seen a president take such effort to set the table in such a manner. There were protests around the country with Trump's election (of which I flew 2,000 miles to take part in), but it didn't explode in violence as it portends to be looking possible come next month. Trump is being incredibly irresponsible and setting a dangerous precedent for nothing but his own gain. How can you support that?

Look at what he just did with California's request for federal assistance with the fires. He denied it. Why? For purely partisan reasons, because they're a blue state. Is his decision based in any way on facts? No, as many of the fires are occurring on federal land. It's completely, arbitrarily determined, predicated on nothing but ideological distinction and a petty vengeance Trump holds towards those that disagree with him. Is that they way you think this country should be governed? That blue states are to be denied aid simply because the president decides based on his feelings of partisan loyalty and ideological alignment of those states that they are unworthy? If California were red he'd not be doing this, and you, and every other Trump supporter, knows that.

He is not the president not of Republicans, BUT OF AMERICA.

What they **** is he doing?? And then we have users like Eoton, who sickeningly cheer this on with statements such as "good". Truly unbelievable and unconscionable and disgusting beyond belief. Is this what we've been reduced to? Where our "president" isn't going to help out specific states unless they fall in line with his ideology?

I'm taken aback that anyone can support this, and when you come to me and say they Trump supporters are considered BAD, yes.....if you actively support such a manner of vindictive and petty governance and abysmal character that is detrimentally affecting peoples' lives, you're a piece of shit. Full stop. NOBODY should back someone who just did what he did. We are the United States, except we're not under Trump, are we? He has driven such a partisan wedge between us that we are nothing but now the Divided States of America. Not only in public sentiment, but in literal government policy.

So cast that vote in pride for him, Jesus Christ. I cannot fathom how anyone can still back Trump. They are pieces of garbage as far as I'm concerned, and I look forward to the day when they can take their hate and crawl back under the fucking rocks they emerged from when their cretin came to power. They are not Americans in any sense of the word.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Eoten

@thegreatchomp said:

@super600: You do know he is assuming that’s what Trump supporters are doing. Like in some battleground states that is not what’s happening.

Really? You've counted those votes already and know who they voted for?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

https://i.redd.it/42disidb8ht51.jpg

Scary, isn't it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@netracing: We already know what they do to him.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Trump wont leave regardless of the result, fun surely to follow. The right wont accept trumps loss and will wanted the dictatorship.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

So no amount of your concern is laid at the foot of a president who has, "unpresidentedly", taken every effort to sow doubt in our democratic process with absolutely no foundation in fact whatsoever? It's all the democrats fault? I've never seen a president take such effort to set the table in such a manner. There were protests around the country with Trump's election (of which I flew 2,000 miles to take part in), but it didn't explode in violence as it portends to be looking possible come next month. Trump is being incredibly irresponsible and setting a dangerous precedent for nothing but his own gain. How can you support that?

Look at what he just did with California's request for federal assistance with the fires. He denied it. Why? For purely partisan reasons, because they're a blue state. Is his decision based in any way on facts? No, as many of the fires are occurring on federal land. It's completely, arbitrarily determined, predicated on nothing but ideological distinction and a petty vengeance Trump holds towards those that disagree with him. Is that they way you think this country should be governed? That blue states are to be denied aid simply because the president decides based on his feelings of partisan loyalty and ideological alignment of those states that they are unworthy? If California were red he'd not be doing this, and you, and every other Trump supporter, knows that.

What they **** is he doing?? And then we have users like Eoton, who sickeningly cheer this on with statements such as "good". Truly unbelievable and unconscionable and disgusting beyond belief. Is this what we've been reduced to? Where our "president" isn't going to help out specific states unless they fall in line with his ideology?

I'm taken aback that anyone can support this, and when you come to me and say they Trump supporters are considered BAD, yes.....if you actively support such a manner of vindictive and petty governance and abysmal character that is detrimentally affecting peoples' lives, you're a piece of shit. Full stop. NOBODY should back someone who just did what he did. We are the United States, except we're not under Trump, are we? He has driven such a partisan wedge between us that we are nothing but now the Divided States of America. Not only in public sentiment, but in literal government policy.

So cast that vote in pride for him, Jesus Christ. I cannot fathom how anyone can still back Trump. They are pieces of garbage as far as I'm concerned, and I look forward to the day when they can take their hate and crawl back under the fucking rocks they emerged from when their cretin came to power. They are not Americans in any sense of the word.

I am just going to re-iterate one point. I never said Trump is without blame. I said let's not place all the blame at his feet.

You seem consumed with your hatred for Trump. I don't throw that word hate around easily, but I can't think of a word better suited in this situation.

I disagree with you, but I do not have any ill will towards you. So, this piece of garbage bids you good day.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 MirkoS77

@comeonman said:

I am just going to re-iterate one point. I never said Trump is without blame. I said let's not place all the blame at his feet.

You seem consumed with your hatred for Trump. I don't throw that word hate around easily, but I can't think of a word better suited in this situation.

I disagree with you, but I do not have any ill will towards you. So, this piece of garbage bids you good day.

Well, I'm hard-pressed to qualify you as garbage into my generalization, you seem like an alright dude, but I will say this in closing in turn.

Firstly, yes, I do hate Trump and don't attempt to hide it. If TDS exists, then I'm the poster boy for it (at least one to the extent that I'm not out there rioting). My life isn't consumed with hate for him, but he is one politician that extends past politics in my animosity, primarily because he's destroyed the respect I once held for those very close to me and for who I care for a great deal, who've admitted things that've been very hard to deal with (my father has admitted he's a racist in his support for Trump, and that he also doesn't care if Trump breaks the law as it would be in the best interest of the country). That hurts a lot to know, and I'd best be left in ignorance had he not been elected to demonstrate it.

Secondly, sure, I tend to judge people based on the associations they hold to others in life, and I in now way find that an unreasonable position. With Trump, his supporters love to try to have their cake and eat it too. They wish to separate the individual and his character from his political ideology in attempting to absolve themselves from responsibility of the former. I don't claim that all politicians are squeaky clean or that they one that I back is, everyone's human and has their faults, but Trump is an exception. He is so obviously personally bankrupt and he makes no illusion of it. He embraces and encourages it. One thing I've learned about Trump supporters is they hold either two of these positions:

1) they are either as morally bankrupt as he is and hence see no objection to supporting him, or....

2) if they hold any, they are willing to abdicate their morals or values to enable the support of political capital and ideology.

Neither of these I believe speaks highly of the person advocating them. People who support Trump are, frankly, sell outs. They've sold out their decency and values for politics. They have no integrity. Yet I can't claim this without being claimed as some self-righteous virtue signaler, or an arrogant, condescending, mocking individual because, heaven forbid, I find values and a strong moral center in a person paramount. Fine, if that is the cost, I'll take it.

I'd never support Trump, even if he furthered every single policy I agreed with I wouldn't even consider him from what I've seen. He is a piece of garbage. You may not be, but you're in one of two categories nonetheless, neither of which shine a favorable light. Which I know you and every other Trump supporter couldn't care less about. Fine, I don't expect you to. I just wish Trump supporters would stop whining and acting so indignant about having to lay in the bed they find suitable to sleep in.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Eoten

@MirkoS77 said:
@comeonman said:

@MirkoS77:

Why am I worried now? Because the willingness for the losing side to accept the results has steadily declined, culminating in the 2016 outcome resulting in people protesting, even rioting in the streets. They were egged on by a media that promoted the notion that the election of Trump was dangerous, unacceptable, and should not have been allowed. Add to that, the growing tribalism promoted by social media and the internet, and I fear our civil society may be fractured beyond repair.

Your responses to me in this thread are a golden example of the mentality that has me worried. You have made up your mind that people that have voted for Trump, and/or are willing to vote for Trump again, are not just wrong, they are BAD people. They are committing a condemnable act by going against your notion of which candidate is not only the right choice, but the acceptable choice.

We used to have a standard when it comes to domestic politics, that we have opponents, not enemies. Those days are gone, and I fear we will never get them back.

The only hate I've seen for the last 4 years has not been coming from Trump supporters. Have a look in the mirror.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 MirkoS77

@eoten said:

The only hate I've seen for the last 4 years has not been coming from Trump supporters. Have a look in the mirror.

I didn't vote for Trump and the hate he enables. I easily can look in the mirror and sleep well at night, thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@MirkoS77: The only hate I have seen is from the right.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

@eoten said:
@MirkoS77 said:

trump has been spreading hate much longer than 4 years and if you aren't seeing his supporter spreading hate you are willfully ignoring it or aren't paying attention because what they say fits your world view. Which means you show hate as well. Which is it?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Eoten

Florida is Trump's. New voter registration for the state has shown Republicans, who won in 2016, have been able to register far more new voters in Florida than Democrats. Since March, GOP have added +344,465 and Democrats only +197,821. In 2016, GOP added +274,207 and Democrats added +307,961. New voter registration is about 66% what it was in 2016 for dems and Republicans have gone up.

So, if you put together a 270 to win map, you can bank on Florida being red again in 2020. As long as Trump gets either Wisconsin, Michigan, or Pennsylvania, game over. And looking at some reports of Pennsylvania voter registration, Republicans have added a lot more registered voters this cycle over Democrats as well.

Red wave incoming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

https://www.sharonherald.com/news/local_news/democrats-voter-registration-edge-in-pennsylvania-is-narrowing/article_d151b0de-6fa4-553c-bf22-93b81f3660a2.html

“ In 2016, there were 4.22 million registered Democrats in Pennsylvania and 3.3 million registered Republicans. As of last week, there were 4.13 million registered Democrats in the state and 3.38 million Republicans.”

If anybody is interested. That is a very narrow change. But Democrats made inroads in Suburbs , it mostly just an alignment of already existing voting patterns. Changes nothing.

https://www.paindependents.org/pa-facts-and-figures

About 12% to 14% of the state is independent or over 1 million people. It’s growing faster than both parties.

Facts matter

FYI, voter registration on party is pointless. The country is starting to go more independent so party things like this mean less and less each cycle. I am myself registered with the Green Party but voted Democrat this time. You have to read inbetween the lines and not take things at face value. Biden has even made inroads with older people in Florida, but Trump supporters won’t mention that!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#150 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Both of the candidates are massive turds, but Biden is less bad than Trump.