StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

The best version of garbage is still garbage.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

picked this up lastnight. 1080p maxed everything 60fps....very nice....btw using xbox360 pad..

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

this game is so much better on PC lmao, ugh console anti-gamers

PC version doesn't even get real version of Dark Souls 1 or 2 :(

Really, it's PS3 version or you wasted your money. I feel really sorry for all the ignorant hermits displaying their stupidity by purchasing an online based game where all the character information is hosted client side. LOL! Have fun getting ganked by hackers (or disconnecting from the online play altogether). I prefer an even playing field, thanks.

Zaraxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 Zaraxius
Member since 2013 • 221 Posts

The mouse and keyboard controls are reportedly shitty, there have been some massive pop-in issues, and there are already hackers online. Just like Dark Souls on PC, the only way to beat someone in PvP duel will be to knock them off an edge.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@Jankarcop said:

Really, it's PS3 version or you wasted your money. I feel really sorry for all the ignorant hermits displaying their stupidity by purchasing an online based game where all the character information is hosted client side. LOL! Have fun getting ganked by hackers (or disconnecting from the online play altogether). I prefer an even playing field, thanks.

@zaraxius said:

The mouse and keyboard controls are reportedly shitty, there have been some massive pop-in issues, and there are already hackers online. Just like Dark Souls on PC, the only way to beat someone in PvP duel will be to knock them off an edge.

Except there's hacking in the console versions of the games as well

Good luck with that even playing field

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 lostrib

So the deal was supposed to expire on the 25th but the code still seems to work when you go to check out

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@granddogg said:

picked this up lastnight. 1080p maxed everything 60fps....very nice....btw using xbox360 pad..

GeDoSaTo is awesome, it lets you control the AA, DOF, and SAO levels, plus you can supersample at a higher res like 2160p or whatever then shrink it back to 1080p. Its not a very demanding game so you can turn all the effects up. Hopefully a high res texture pack comes out, would really like it if they found a way to bring back the lighting from the E3 demo.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By KHAndAnime

@lostrib said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Jankarcop said:

@zaraxius said:

Considering less than .001% of Playstation gamers have an unlocked console capable of hacking, I'd say it's not a problem. Unlike for hermits, where 100% of PC gamers can just download a trainer, mod their character, and own you in seconds...

Odds of running into hackers or tweaked characters on PC is pretty much guaranteed. Finding a hacker on the Playstation is like finding a needle in a haystack...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lostrib

@KHAndAnime said:

@lostrib said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Jankarcop said:

@zaraxius said:

Considering less than .001% of Playstation gamers have console capable of hacking, I'd say it's not a problem. Unlike for hermits, where 100% of PC gamers can just download a trainer, mod their character, and own you in seconds...

Odds of running into hackers or tweaked characters on PC is pretty much guaranteed. Finding a hacker on the Playstation is like finding a needle in a haystack...

Please, provide me with your statistics on the matter

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@lostrib said:

I've never played the souls games, but people seem to be crazy for them.

Dark Souls 2 is currently $37.50 on GMG with code: (taken from SlickDeals)

Apply voucher code J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ on checkout page and save 25%

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/i...-souls-ii/

Deal ends Friday (April 25)

And for system warriors:

"Yeah, Master race! Best Versions of Multiplats"

"Lol, Beggars!"

Why not try it for the first time?

It's a really great series. If I were you I'd go on a binge. Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lostrib

@lbjkurono23 said:

@lostrib said:

I've never played the souls games, but people seem to be crazy for them.

Dark Souls 2 is currently $37.50 on GMG with code: (taken from SlickDeals)

Apply voucher code J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ on checkout page and save 25%

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/i...-souls-ii/

Deal ends Friday (April 25)

And for system warriors:

"Yeah, Master race! Best Versions of Multiplats"

"Lol, Beggars!"

Why not try it for the first time?

It's a really great series. If I were you I'd go on a binge. Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2.

Would I need to go in order?

Also, it's mainly because I have a massive back log, which just got a bit bigger today with MGS legacy collection

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Bought it for 37.50 yesterday but didn't have time to play. Today i decided to play this for at least 8h but i just fund out my game crashes on first loading............... WHAT THE ****???:????? I can't play it at all holy shit this is annoying

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@lostrib

Not sure about Dark Souls 2, the only one I haven't played. But you can play Demon souls or Dark souls in any order. Though I do recommend Demon Souls first since they've improved some aspects of the game.

I got extremely hooked on these games, but you can play them at you own pace. MGS Legacy Collection is great. I finished 1,2, 3, and I did a couple of missions in Peace Walker. Great value.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mbrockway

@silversix_:

@glez13 said:

Can't even play it I get a white screen crash at startup. ; _ ;

Follow this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/#p1

Basically try enabling GPU scaling in your Amd or Nvidia driver settings. If that doesn't work, highlight the game in steam, disconnect hdmi, and press enter on the keyboard. After a minute or so reconnect hdmi. I had this problem too, it fixed it.

Dark Souls 2 Crashes on launch

It just boots in a white window and hangs there until the windows error message shows up saying "Dark Souls 2 has stopped responding".

-These workarounds are not guaranteed to work for everyone-

1st WORKAROUND

For AMD graphics cards.

- Go to the AMD control center.

- Go to Properties (Digital flat-panel)

- Enable GPU scaling.

- Apply and start the game

For Nvidia graphics cards.

- Open your Nvidia Control Panel

- Go to "Adjust desktop size and position"

- Set "Perform scaling on" to "GPU" // Some people seem to not have the GPU option.

2nd WORKAROUND

- Select Dark Souls 2 in Steam.

- Unplug your HDMI/DVI/VGA Cable

- Hit Enter (this will start the game)

- Plug it back in.

// Using this workaround the game is locked to windowed mode 1280x720

// After setting your resolution and Fullscreen mode in the options menu, restart the game using the same technique. For some people this will allow the game to be played at their desired resolution and in fullscreen mode.

// As a result of this workaround, there will be no sound sent through your HDMI cable.

3rd WORKAROUND

If you are using a multi-screen setup disabling either screen might solve the issue.

On that note GeDoSaTo is freaking awesome. Got it supersampling and the AA and SAO effects all turned up and its still running 60fps. Too bad it can't add detail to the textures. Still a great game though and the definitive version.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=487

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By silversix_

@mbrockway said:

@silversix_:

@glez13 said:

Can't even play it I get a white screen crash at startup. ; _ ;

Follow this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/#p1

Basically try enabling GPU scaling in your Amd or Nvidia driver settings. If that doesn't work, highlight the game in steam, disconnect hdmi, and press enter on the keyboard. After a minute or so reconnect hdmi. I had this problem too, it fixed it.

Dark Souls 2 Crashes on launch

It just boots in a white window and hangs there until the windows error message shows up saying "Dark Souls 2 has stopped responding".

-These workarounds are not guaranteed to work for everyone-

1st WORKAROUND

For AMD graphics cards.

- Go to the AMD control center.

- Go to Properties (Digital flat-panel)

- Enable GPU scaling.

For Nvidia graphics cards.

- Open your Nvidia Control Panel

- Go to "Adjust desktop size and position"

- Set "Perform scaling on" to "GPU" // Some people seem to not have the GPU option.

2nd WORKAROUND

- Select Dark Souls 2 in Steam.

- Unplug your HDMI/DVI/VGA Cable

- Hit Enter (this will start the game)

- Plug it back in.

// Using this workaround the game is locked to windowed mode 1280x720

// After setting your resolution and Fullscreen mode in the options menu, restart the game using the same technique. For some people this will allow the game to be played at their desired resolution and in fullscreen mode.

// As a result of this workaround, there will be no sound sent through your HDMI cable.

3rd WORKAROUND

If you are using a multi-screen setup disabling either screen might solve the issue.

On that note GeDoSaTo is freaking awesome. Got it supersampling and the AA and SAO effects all turned up and its still running 60fps. Too bad it can't add detail to the textures. Still a great game though and the definitive version.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=487

I just did the nvidia control panel fix before your post and it did nothing. fix two is pretty much playing without sound... looks like i have no choice but wait for them to fix the freaking launcher. btw wth is GeDoSaTo?

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 mbrockway

Thats weird, seems like sound should still work once you plug the cable back in. I have 2 Amd cards though. You using an hdmi cable too? Seems to be the common link.

GeDoSaTo (Generic Down Sampling Tool) is a program by the guy who made the DS1 fix. It gives you more graphics options. Lets you adjust AA, depth of field, add Bokeh depth of field, and do supersampling. Basically lets you render the game at like 3200x1800 then downsample it back down to 1080p to get rid of jaggies. My rigs' sweet spot seems to be 1800p but with the game's AA turned off to keep 60fps. It seems mostly good for messing around and taking bullshots though. Doesn't fix textures or lighting.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

dat superior PC version. Not my OC

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By mbrockway

Sunlight 4 life! This is my OC. I am fairly annoyed I didn't realize earlier how broken the ring of protection really is. After it breaks you can just repair it for 3k souls in Majula. Could have just played as a human the whole time instead of beef jerkey.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Game's not too bad. I can't be the only one who thinks the UI and HUD are extremely ugly though right?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 lostrib

@melonfarmerz said:

Game's not too bad. I can't be the only one who thinks the UI and HUD are extremely ugly though right?

Pretty sure they've been like that since Demon Souls, but yes it's ugly

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 silversix_

i want to play dissssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! how is white screen of death isn't fixed yet come on From...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By KHAndAnime

@lostrib said:

I just gave them to you, straight from my notepad. Actually, anecdotally, I've never seen seen a hacker on PSN in my entire life. I've played through all 3 Souls games, multiple times. 100's of hours into DeS and DaS, ~100h into DS2, online the whole time. The point is that the majority of console gamers aren't smart enough to figure out how to hack games on their console. It's a lot harder to hack on the console as opposed to the PC, thus more people hack on the PC version. There are zero consequences for hacking on the PC version as well, unlike the Playstation where your account can get reported, investigated, and banned.

I saw nothing but complaints regarding hackers in the first Dark Souls when it first hit PC, and it's the same story with DS2.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By lostrib

@KHAndAnime said:

@lostrib said:

I just gave them to you, straight from my notepad. Actually, anecdotally, I've never seen seen a hacker on PSN in my entire life. I've played through all 3 Souls games, multiple times. 100's of hours into DeS and DaS, ~100h into DS2, online the whole time. The point is that the majority of console gamers aren't smart enough to figure out how to hack games on their console. It's a lot harder to hack on the console as opposed to the PC, thus more people hack on the PC version. There are zero consequences for hacking on the PC version as well, unlike the Playstation where your account can get reported, investigated, and banned.

Actually that's not true

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@lostrib said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@lostrib said:

Actually that's not true

the developers have a system in place to prevent cheaters?

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

I was expecting this to be an announcement for the Mac version of DS2. Either that or the Wonder Swan.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

People on NeoGAF are using ENBs to try replicate the original lighting along with some other effects. Very much a WIP still but so far the results are nice. Tried it out in game and it really does bring back the darkness and required torch mechanic. The DOF nees a LOT of work