Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#101 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24954 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@mesome713 said:

@ghosts4ever: No thanks, I will never support anything that supports this author. She’s anti-trans people. I will be rating this game 2/10.

Well, that's some severe misinformation and a hateful comment on your part. I am quite liberal, but nothing Rowling said or did would be considered hateful. Just Twitter blew her comments out of proportions as usual and took her words out of context.

If this was reset era. you would be banned permenantly life time lol.

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

Deluxe Edition already pre-ordered on my PC. Looking forward to checking this game out tomorrow

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Be interesting to see if their are disingenuous politically motivated reviews or if they remain objective.

It's quite funny if you think of it. 10 years ago, Rowling was considered leftist liberal when Rowling revealed Dumbledore was gay and speculated Hermione could Bi. But today, the left went so left that Rowling is now considered conservative rightist lol

I'm still not sure what she's doing wrong tbh. They seem more upset about her than Prince Andrew walking around free with shit ton of money.

But then haven't really been following it.

Im no harry potter fan but im glad this game success. because of reset era.

entire neogaf celebrating and making fun of reset era lol. you get banned for liking a Video game???

welcome to forums 2023. I missed gametrailers circa 2010. more active than reset era while free talk and freedom.

gargar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 gargar
Member since 2002 • 5428 Posts

OMG someone thinks different than I do! I can't handle it! Need to cancel him because I'm so emotional crybaby that I can't handle it! NO ONE CAN THINK DIFFERENT THAN I DO! NO ONE can argue about what I believe in!

So, just to clarify, I don't give a crap about what Rowling views on anything. As long as she don't call for violence she's entitled to think whatever she want. Period.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9860 Posts

Nice, I thought the combat vid I saw looked pretty decent, so not totally suprised. I'm not really into Harry Potter, but good for the fans!

@uninspiredcup said:
@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Be interesting to see if their are disingenuous politically motivated reviews or if they remain objective.

It's quite funny if you think of it. 10 years ago, Rowling was considered leftist liberal when Rowling revealed Dumbledore was gay and speculated Hermione could Bi. But today, the left went so left that Rowling is now considered conservative rightist lol

I'm still not sure what she's doing wrong tbh. They seem more upset about her than Prince Andrew walking around free with shit ton of money.

Me neither lol. She has always come across as a good person in the interviews etc I have seen. Apparently she is Satan for some comment that is too dangerous to be cited lol.

Edit: Had to Google it:

A Complete Breakdown of the J.K. Rowling Transgender-Comments Controversy | Glamour

This is it? Ok...

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#106 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

@gargar: Yet your crying about people disagreeing with her.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1351 Posts

I loved the books and movies, the game looks great, I’ll certainly be buying it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

Seems good, and would have loved this 20 years ago, but now it seems like any other generic rpg. We've been spoiled boys. Going to wait till its on sale.

Loading Video...

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

I'll pass. Not a fan of the brand, was always kind of corny to me. I don't understand those passing on it simply because of the IP creator's viewpoint, though. To each their own.

gargar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By gargar
Member since 2002 • 5428 Posts

@mesome713: Of course not. I don't care if someone agree or don't agree with her views. I just think that so many people goes trainwreck and cancel her because she sees things different than they do. Well, in life, not everyone will like you. Some people may even hate you or be aggressive toward you. Tough the hell up instead of crying. That's life.

So many people say they won't buy the game because of her views. This is utterly stupid. Not that it matters much, the game will still sell millions.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Indeed the far left is annoying. But here's the thing, they're just annoying citizens. This game wasn't cancelled or stopped.

Meanwhile the far right is actually using State and Local governments to or attempt to ban books, classes, websites, electric vehicles, medical care, medicine, etc. Exponentially worse.

Anyway yeah lets not discuss politics here.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11619 Posts

Surprised the game has reviewed well, also probably the biggest failure of a boycott I've ever seen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#113 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

@fedor said:

Surprised the game has reviewed well, also probably the biggest failure of a boycott I've ever seen.

Reviewers were planning on boycotting the game?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11619 Posts

@Pedro said:
@fedor said:

Reviewers were planning on boycotting the game?

I was referring to the online boycott to not purchase the game because it's currently the best seller on all platforms it's available on. Although I saw that a couple publications are apparently not reviewing it like these guys I've never heard of.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Pedro

@fedor: I haven't seen a successful boycott of a game. COD taught me boycotts in gaming are nothing but jests.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

@gargar: You and I have similar sentiments. Well said.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts
@Sushiglutton said:

Nice, I thought the combat vid I saw looked pretty decent, so not totally suprised. I'm not really into Harry Potter, but good for the fans!

@uninspiredcup said:
@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Me neither lol. She has always come across as a good person in the interviews etc I have seen. Apparently she is Satan for some comment that is too dangerous to be cited lol.

Edit: Had to Google it:

A Complete Breakdown of the J.K. Rowling Transgender-Comments Controversy | Glamour

This is it? Ok...

Pretty much. Most people on Twitter didn't even research what she said. Just a few vocal activists yelled her racist and anti-trans, which was enough to assemble a crowd with forks and torches on social media : )

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39137 Posts

IP_Daily streamed the game btw.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

thats not ip daily.

i remember he hate sony but he stream TLOU and GOW.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

thats not ip daily.

Its a reformed IP. Ever since he melted during the Returnal release, he has changed

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Pedro

IP continues to reign supreme.🙂

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#122 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

@ivangrozny: This site currently has a gigantic article about all the hateful stuff she said, but good try trying to spread lies.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

thats not ip daily.

Its a reformed IP. Ever since he melted during the Returnal release, he has changed

i doubt the long hair dude is IP daily. the Car guy.

I search his account and videos. no car game I found.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#124  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10475 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@ivangrozny said:

same man. ignorance is bliss. i avoid all that online outrage culture stuff like the plague. never read or seen a minute of harry potter either so it's well off my radar anyway.

game looks ok from the footage. i'll see how the user reviews go. it wont be a full price pickup for me but could be one of those you see on a sale a few months later and get it on a whim

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1042 Posts

Absolutely magnificent. The bad guys lose. All the whining and complaining from the left was once again drowned out by people who didn’t care about what their latest temper tantrum was about.

The game is selling like crazy. People saying it’s a GOTY contender. People are saying they’ll buy two copies now. People who said they weren’t gonna buy it or would maybe buy it later on sale are saying they’ll pre-order it now. The boycott failed and I love every second of it. Those sweet, sweet tears. But fear not…tomorrow is another day and they’ll find their new fixation to fuss about.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

thats not ip daily.

i doubt the long hair dude is IP daily. the Car guy.

I search his account and videos. no car game I found.

As i've said, he is a reformed man. I have been following him since he got banned here, and its him, i spoke about SW on his stream.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#127  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Hmm. According to a German site, apparently the PC performance is really bad on the launch build; frame drops, sub-30fps even on beastly rig, RT makes it unplayable.

But apparently apparently (no, I didn't mistype), there's a day 1 patch that's supposed to fix the performance issues. And now IGN just dropped a video showing it running in 4k with everything maxed out, and it seems to run okay.

Hmm. Still need more information on this.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@madrocketeer: dso is also claiming it runs really good. Seems like mixed reactions on the pc version thus far.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@nnoyinghusband said:

Absolutely magnificent. The bad guys lose. All the whining and complaining from the left was once again drowned out by people who didn’t care about what their latest temper tantrum was about.

The game is selling like crazy. People saying it’s a GOTY contender. People are saying they’ll buy two copies now. People who said they weren’t gonna buy it or would maybe buy it later on sale are saying they’ll pre-order it now. The boycott failed and I love every second of it. Those sweet, sweet tears. But fear not…tomorrow is another day and they’ll find their new fixation to fuss about.

Yes, this has been the biggest boycott success since that time some mad steam users said they would boycott Left 4 Dead 2 by buying it and playing it.

Truly the boycott of all time.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

@madrocketeer: Just get it on steam, if the performance is crap just refund it and move on, we are called master race for a reason:)

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

@mesome713 said:

I’m not buying from this homophobic author. Pass on this trash.

difference between homophobic and anti-trans.

so funny if its was a gay guy that is anti straight white guy you buy the game wouldn't you?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro

@gifford38 said:
@mesome713 said:

I’m not buying from this homophobic author. Pass on this trash.

difference between homophobic and anti-trans.

so funny if its was a gay guy that is anti straight white guy you buy the game wouldn't you?

That is a strange conclusion to draw. You must a graduate of that victimhood masterclass.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@Planeforger: 'I'm passing because I really don't want to give any money to JK Rowling, since she's a horrible human being. Plus I completely lost interest in the Harry Potter series back in 2000-2002'

How woke of you.

I bought 3 copies.

Avatar image for deactivated-64efdf49333c4
deactivated-64efdf49333c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#134 deactivated-64efdf49333c4
Member since 2004 • 21783 Posts

lol I said instead of a review GS would just publish a letter or essay or something. Totally called it.

Game isn't only considered good, but very good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-64efdf49333c4
@mesome713 said:

@ghosts4ever: Being against a group of people isn’t political. It’s downright hateful.

He said hatefully.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By deactivated-64efdf49333c4
@Planeforger said:

I'm passing because I really don't want to give any money to JK Rowling, since she's a horrible human being. Plus I completely lost interest in the Harry Potter series back in 2000-2002.

Still, I'm surprised this is getting good reviews. I wonder what people without nostalgia will think of it, once the honeymoon period wears off.

She does more philanthropy in one month than you or your descendents will ever do. At worst all you can say about JK is that she has unfortunate views, but suggesting she is a terrible person is flat out wrong and the product of a smear campaign because she is an easy target. Go target Trump. He actually tried to overthrow the country.

Anyway, the game has nothing to do with her. And I'm not surprised the game is getting good reviews. Everything I saw before hand suggested the game was handled very well and drew inspiration from very good games. They made sure to get the formula right from the start, and WB didn't cheap out on the polish it seems.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#137  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17832 Posts

I am glad that the game turned out good and is being well received. Harry Potter fans will appreciate this.

It is sad to see all the SJW woke baggage attached to this game. Judge the game for its own merits and not some bias towards the creator of the IP. If it is a good game, buy it. If it is shit, don't buy it. It really is that simple.

Right now I am playing High on Life and supposedly one of the creators (Justin Roiland) is a sexual abuser or some shit. You know what? I don't give a fuk. The game is funny and I am enjoying it. This cancel culture bullshit is so toxic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Pedro

More people crying about "cancel culture" despite ignoring the fact that people choosing to boycott or not support a product, person or thing is standard human behavior that ALL humans participate in. 😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 hardwenzen  Online

@Barighm: Whatcha doing on SW, brah. This is my place.

And for all of you thinking that its a *very good* game lol you need to calm your tits. Its an ubisoft collectathon set in an HP world. For someone who doesn't care about HP whatsoever, i wouldn't even play the game for free if bassman got me a copy. But if you're a fan of the series, this must be an incredible game for you because HP game standards are as low as they come.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Gifford38

@Pedro: no just showing him its stupid not to buy a game because of gender wars.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 NNoyingHusband

@R4gn4r0k: it’s reminiscent of the time a couple years ago when the CEO of Goya made comments certain people didn’t like and they made a huge stink on social media that they were gonna boycott Goya. Unfortunately for them, the boycott turned into a buycott and sales shot through the roof. People who didn’t even buy Goya went out and bought their products just to spite the haters. Same story going on here.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan said:

I am glad that the game turned out good and is being well received. Harry Potter fans will appreciate this.

It is sad to see all the SJW woke baggage attached to this game. Judge the game for its own merits and not some bias towards the creator of the IP. If it is a good game, buy it. If it is shit, don't buy it. It really is that simple.

Right now I am playing High on Life and supposedly one of the creators (Justin Roiland) is a sexual abuser or some shit. You know what? I don't give a fuk. The game is funny and I am enjoying it. This cancel culture bullshit is so toxic.

Yeah man, I play games to have fun (5%) and as a form of escapism (95%) so I don't wish to be confronted with the same political discourse that is plaguing society at the moment. As that would be super fourth wall breaking and defeating the purpose of why I even play games.

People can talk politics all they want, but do they have to do it in a GAME forum when there's about a million other places where they can drag around their virtue signaling?

You go ahead and enjoy High on Life, a game over 5 dozen people poured their hearts and souls into, just so gamers could have a bit of fun and escape their daily lives. More than one person was behind High On Life

More than one person was behind Hogwarts Legacy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 R4gn4r0k

@nnoyinghusband said:

@R4gn4r0k: it’s reminiscent of the time a couple years ago when the CEO of Goya made comments certain people didn’t like and they made a huge stink on social media that they were gonna boycott Goya. Unfortunately for them, the boycott turned into a buycott and sales shot through the roof. People who didn’t even buy Goya went out and bought their products just to spite the haters. Same story going on here.

Would be even funnier if this resulted into a reverse Boycott and becomes a runaway success for WB with more Harry Potter stuff on the way.

It also reminds me of that one time PC gamers said they would boycott Modern Warfare 2 also around the same time those same people were all buying and playing it. But the Left 4 Dead 2 one definitely stuck with me as an even bigger failure of epic proportions.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 R4gn4r0k

@qui-gon-milk said:

Deluxe Edition already pre-ordered on my PC. Looking forward to checking this game out tomorrow

Lemme know how the performance is on your 3080ti. I'm thinking it should do high settings with DLSS quality consistently above 60fps. Be sure to hit me up through Steam or on here mate

And most of all enjoy!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

@Pedro: no just showing him its stupid not to buy a game because of gender wars.

But your counter argument makes the assumption that he has a problem with straight white men. It like saying that if someone against anti-trans or anti-gay sentiments, they are automatically anti white men.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 NNoyingHusband

@R4gn4r0k: that’s a huge argument going on. To boycott this game is to hurt the devs who helped make a game they truly love. JK created the property. She didn’t develop the game.

But people are free to do what they want. Some people refuse to eat at Chick Fil A and that restaurant is always packed, orders always correct, nice friendly staff, and has surpassed all the other fast food restaurants in revenue except McDonald’s, and they’re close on Sunday’s. Some boycotts work, most don’t.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2543 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: It funds her. Which we do not like. We will no longer support her for personal reasons. She is finished.

Who is we?

The game also introduces the first trans character to the HP world. Should the Republicans be boycotting now? Well again. They were the first to boycott Harry Potter for witchcraft… With everyone boycotting the game, it’s sure to sell poorly, right? Right?

Dilandau88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Dilandau88
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

I'm buying the collectors edition just out of principal. The woke mob is a cancer. Cheers to an amazing game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:

Who is we?

The game also introduces the first trans character to the HP world. Should the Republicans be boycotting now? Well again. They were the first to boycott Harry Potter for witchcraft… With everyone boycotting the game, it’s sure to sell poorly, right? Right?

You are making sound as if boycotting stuff is exclusive to specific groups.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Gifford38

@Pedro: yeah but thats all they show in movies. Hate on the straight white man and make him look weak and dumb. Not allowed to show any knowledge. So I'm sure he or she thinks that way. Just brained washed from the media. But this is system wars not gender wars or political.

If a person is a Harry Potter fan should be happy to get a great movie tie in game.

Not many good movie games out there.

It's one person out of hundreds of people making this game.