Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#151 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69725 Posts

@gifford38 said:

@Pedro: yeah but thats all they show in movies. Hate on the straight white man and make him look weak and dumb. Not allowed to show any knowledge. So I'm sure he or she thinks that way. Just brained washed from the media. But this is system wars not gender wars or political.

If a person is a Harry Potter fan should be happy to get a great movie tie in game.

Not many good movie games out there.

It's one person out of hundreds of people making this game.

Your first paragraph reads more like someone who has been brain rinsed. Stop pretending to be a victim. Stop spewing nonsense about this fake victimhood. You are not a victim.

People like to pretend that gender and politics are not part of gaming but it has always been part of gaming. It is just now that a different view is "trending" this making it now "political".

If you want the game, buy it. If someone doesn't because of reasons, they have every right to in the same manner folks on this very board who are complaining about "woke" would boycott "woke" games.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152 GhostOfGolden  Online
Member since 2023 • 2544 Posts

@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Who is we?

The game also introduces the first trans character to the HP world. Should the Republicans be boycotting now? Well again. They were the first to boycott Harry Potter for witchcraft… With everyone boycotting the game, it’s sure to sell poorly, right? Right?

You are making sound as if boycotting stuff is exclusive to specific groups.

Oh, no. “Groups” LOVE boycotting stuff. Especially folks that will go to great lengths of disingenuous outrage, in order to feel like they’re part of a group.

Harry Potter used to trigger conservatives and the ultra religious. Then the LGBTQ+ community got upset by a boomer showing their ass on social media. A boomer they had loved for YEARS prior… And now dismiss the work of hundreds of game developers, artists, writers etc, some trans themselves, because the IP was created by this insensitive boomer…

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

I wonder what Gamespot will give it. They’re advertising the hell out of the game with comments disabled, of course.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:

Oh, no. “Groups” LOVE boycotting stuff. Especially folks that will go to great lengths of disingenuous outrage, in order to feel like they’re part of a group.

Harry Potter used to trigger conservatives and the ultra religious. Then the LGBTQ+ community got upset by a boomer showing their ass on social media. A boomer they had loved for YEARS prior… And now dismiss the work of hundreds of game developers, artists, writers etc, some trans themselves, because the IP was created by this insensitive boomer…

You mean "showing that they are an ass"? 🤔

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#156 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@SOedipus said:

I wonder what Gamespot will give it. They’re advertising the hell out of the game with comments disabled, of course.

Probably an 8 or a 9.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#157 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

@nnoyinghusband: Devs were already paid. A successful game =/= devs survive. Look at Toys for Bob under Activision.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11619 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@nnoyinghusband: Devs were already paid. A successful game =/= devs survive. Look at Toys for Bob under Activision.

Bonuses based on sales and review scores are common in game development.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 nintendoboy16

@fedor: And still BS. Look at what Bethesda did to Obsidian over New Vegas.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I wasn't expecting this to get such great reviews. Not only does it seem like a decent game but it's also managed to capture the magic of the Harry Potter world.

Gonna wait for some more reviews and impressions but I'm more inclined than ever to play it. After a price drop. No way am I spending 60 euros on a game I'm not REALLY excited about.

I wonder if Gamespot is going to post a review or simply boycott the game due to the Rowling debacle. I get people not wanting to support her in any way but the Harry Potter world is larger and greater than her or her comments. And people worked hard for that game - they deserve some recognition.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3438 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Ah, that's impressive then.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#162 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

I'm glad I pre-ordered a game with good scores.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

So many mean bastards out there. Jessie should review this game out of spite

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@super600 said:
@SOedipus said:

Probably an 8 or a 9.

given that they have a thing about helping trans people on the front page, they may not review it

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#165  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:
@super600 said:
@SOedipus said:

Probably an 8 or a 9.

given that they have a thing about helping trans people on the front page, they may not review it

Which would be absolutely pathetic considering they are a gaming website first and foremost. The site is called Gamespot and not Wokespot. The front page is just embarrassing right now.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@BassMan said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@super600 said:
@SOedipus said:

Probably an 8 or a 9.

Which would be absolutely pathetic considering they are a gaming website first and foremost. The site is called Gamespot and not Wokespot. The front page is just embarrassing right now.

not to mention that they have articles like "save on Hogwarts Legacy Pre-Orders!" right beneath it lol

Avatar image for deactivated-64efdf49333c4
deactivated-64efdf49333c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#167 deactivated-64efdf49333c4
Member since 2004 • 21783 Posts

Someone just linked me a website where they're taking down the names of any streamer, reviewer, or whatever that plays the game and gives it a good review and encouraging people to find these streamers/authors private information so they can harass them in real life. This is a real thing. This is illegal, people.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 BassMan

@with_teeth26 said:
@BassMan said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@super600 said:
@SOedipus said:

Probably an 8 or a 9.

not to mention that they have articles like "save on Hogwarts Legacy Pre-Orders!" right beneath it lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#169 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@BassMan said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@super600 said:
@SOedipus said:

Probably an 8 or a 9.

#IstandWithKeepingMyJob

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@qui-gon-milk said:

Deluxe Edition already pre-ordered on my PC. Looking forward to checking this game out tomorrow

Lemme know how the performance is on your 3080ti. I'm thinking it should do high settings with DLSS quality consistently above 60fps. Be sure to hit me up through Steam or on here mate

And most of all enjoy!

Thanks brother and will do!

I'm excited to check it out but if I notice any issues with performance then I'll definitely hold out for a bit until its better suited for play. I wasn't even going to get this until reviews were dropping for the PC version but my girl ended up pre-ordering this for me

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 nintendoboy16

@Barighm said:

Someone just linked me a website where they're taking down the names of any streamer, reviewer, or whatever that plays the game and gives it a good review and encouraging people to find these streamers/authors private information so they can harass them in real life. This is a real thing. This is illegal, people.

Saw something like that on Twitter. Hell, I saw a streamer advocating stoning people (and not via smoking weed).

I abhor Rowling with every fiber of my being right now, but lines need to be drawn Unfortunately, Twitter "activists" like Liam Robertson are silent on the matter.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@with_teeth26: lmfao, GS is confused. They do whatever to make money

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39160 Posts

Wow these sjw degenerates are worse than i thought. Living on twatter will get you there, tho, so not too surprising.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Planeforger  Online
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

Reading between the lines, it sounds like a fairly average game or a great "first attempt", but also a game that absolutely nails the fanservice?

It's also interesting to see the reviews so staggered for a game with this amount of hype, and for a game that's reportedly quite short. Is it a protest thing? Publisher intervention? Guess we'll find out when the remaining reviews drop.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Wow these sjw degenerates are worse than i thought. Living on twatter will get you there, tho, so not too surprising.

Well at least it's just annoying people who we can choose to ignore, and a private company (GS) making a stupid decision.

I mean they suck, but at least they aren't using the Government like the other side's culture war does. Imagine this game getting banned lol.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Nirgal  Online
Member since 2019 • 693 Posts

Will probably get the game of the year version several years after release.

It's not like i don't like harry potter or Rowling, i just don't like buying games on release.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

A quote from a newly posted article on GameSpot's front page:

'If you are not willing to give up a piece of entertainment in solidarity against the harm JK Rowling continues to enact; then how can trans people feel assured you’ll be willing to fight for us in more important areas, such as anti-trans violence, be it physical, mental, personal, systemic or legislative, especially as the discrimination continues to rise? So while I will say you are not a transphobe or a bigot if you buy Hogwarts Legacy, do not also claim to be a trans ally if you do buy the game. Being an ally means being willing to give something up, and what's more, to stand up for those who are vulnerable.'

I have a feeling GS isn't going to score this fairly. 😕

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Pedro

@nirgal said:

Will probably get the game of the year version several years after release.

It's not like i don't like harry potter or Rowling, i just don't like buying games on release.

What platform are you getting on?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Nirgal  Online

@Pedro: PC. You always get the games cheaper and feature complete if you wait

Also way fewer bugs ..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Pedro

@nirgal said:

@Pedro: PC. You always get the games cheaper and feature complete if you wait

Also way fewer bugs ..

Good move because they have 1 year exclusive content on PS5.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

@theam0g: I think they even might not review the game ..

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1042 Posts

@theam0g: I see the “donate to trans people” on the front page. Cry harder GS.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 NNoyingHusband

@Skarwolf: I wasn’t planning on buying this game, not even a Harry Potter fan, but after seeing the GS temper tantrum, I think I might pick this game up out of spite. Instead of donating to an organization that perpetuates mental illness, I’ll donate it to these devs so maybe they’ll make another Harry Potter in the future.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

If you buy anything made in China you are directly supporting inhumane labor, slavery, and genocide. Where’s the outrage in this?

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 NNoyingHusband

@ocinom: don’t try to make sense of the wokes. They can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with. They doesn't feel pity! Or remorse or fear and they absolutely will not stop!...ever...until you are dead!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#187 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@super600 said:
@SOedipus said:

Probably an 8 or a 9.

They might have not gotten a review copy. Their are a few places like DF that haven't received a copy of the game yet.

gargar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By gargar
Member since 2002 • 5428 Posts

@ocinom:One can argue that supporting child slavery in China is worse that having views on the right of trans to use what toilets, not wokes though. She's the devil apparently, all while consuming Chinese made merchandise. How stupid can people get is beyond me. Woke my ass.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#189 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

@gargar: Just imagine playing this game on a Chinese made console. 🤡

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8278 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Be interesting to see if their are disingenuous politically motivated reviews or if they remain objective.

It's quite funny if you think of it. 10 years ago, Rowling was considered leftist liberal when Rowling revealed Dumbledore was gay and speculated Hermione could Bi. But today, the left went so left that Rowling is now considered conservative rightist lol

True.. I never cared for Harry Potter. Harry Potter seems to be very popular with alot of LGBT folks. Rowling was a feminist that was cool with LGBT. But then didn't like it when transformers start beating chicks at sports.

She said.. "hey.. I don't think this is fair to woman"

And then the transformers all flew in and have been trying to beat her up.

As someone who hates Harry Potter it's really funny!!

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Nirgal  Online

@sargentd: i think all Rowling did was poking fun about a message that refereed to women as "people who menstruate".

It just another confirmation that people hit the hardest by the cancel movement are those are close enough to match the new liberal ideology but don't fully agree .

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I am a a member of the LGBTQ (I'm missing 3000 other letters I'm sure) community, but I simply do not understand why people are so weird about this game. Do you like harry potter? Then buy it, if not don't. Does not seem all that complex to me.

I find it so funny, mainly because Rowling is not even homophobic or transphobic in the slightest. She just has a clear definition for how she feels about genders. I remember of a time when people used to be able to disagree without making in more than it is.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

@nirgal: she poster a Twitter that in this day and age might be considered rude/insensitive by some, got a little backlash and then instead of just apologizing or even just stay silent on the topic doubled down on her viewpoint…. And no nothing she said was anything I would classify as super hateful speech myself, but yeah the result should have been pretty obvious for everyone in this day and age..

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Planeforger  Online
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

@djoffer123: It was a bit more than a few Twitter comments. Just scrolling through her recent Twitter posts and Wikipedia articles suggests she talks about it all the time. She has spent years actively baiting the trans community, they've baited her back, and it's all a vicious cycle that makes everyone look bad. But hey, I'll back down on my earlier comments.

Still...even before all of this drama, I've never understood the fascination adults have with Harry Potter. I guess it's whimsical and it certainly encourages children to read, but it isn't exactly *good* fantasy fiction.

Like, I'm not a huge fan of Tolkien, but I respect that he put in a massive amount of effort crafting a world detailed enough to support a million stories. Rowling is the complete opposite of that - she created a barely-defined hodgepodge world, making things up as she went along and putting in the bare minimum of coherent worldbuilding, so it's no surprise that every other attempt to create new stories in the Wizarding World has failed (until now).

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Nirgal  Online

@djoffer123: as far as i understand, all she did is express her views that while she sympathizes with trans people as they face discrimination, she considers sex and gender to be biological.

Now, i am way more conservative than Rowling is, and i am not going to stand here and defend her since I really couldn't care less.

But her views are probably rather common.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I am a a member of the LGBTQ (I'm missing 3000 other letters I'm sure) community, but I simply do not understand why people are so weird about this game. Do you like harry potter? Then buy it, if not don't. Does not seem all that complex to me.

I find it so funny, mainly because Rowling is not even homophobic or transphobic in the slightest. She just has a clear definition for how she feels about genders. I remember of a time when people used to be able to disagree without making in more than it is.

Everyone turned into an extremist. There is no other point of view than their own.

I constantly see people bullying others online into a certain point of view, if you don't follow the herd, you are left out.

It's like high school but on a global scale online.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 R4gn4r0k
Loading Video...

This is the PC version but man, those frametimes look way off.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#198 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

@super600 said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@super600 said:
@SOedipus said:

Probably an 8 or a 9.

They might have not gotten a review copy. Their are a few places like DF that haven't received a copy of the game yet.

So Gamespot isn't going to review the game? IGN did though.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 BassMan

Hogwartz Legacy is listed as the #1 upcoming game on Gamespot. So, clearly people are interested in the game and want to see a review. The fact that GS is bringing this political trans bullshit into the mix is ridiculous. Most people who are interested in the game just want to play a good Harry Potter game. They might not even know about what has been said in the past by J.K. Rowling and many like myself don't care what she said. Leave the politics out of it and cater to the gamers that visit the site. Do the fucking review and stop with the agendas. It is completely unprofessional to bring this SJW garbage into the mix.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan: any idea what's going on with the frametimes in the video I posted above?