Infamous SS is polygon count king 11 million per frame.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

I'm just confused about one point from what the OP said. He's stating that Infamous SS has about 11mil polys per scene, and then makes a comparison to a Cruiser from Star Citizen, which I'm guessing is just a single ship. Unless I'm reading it wrong, that wouldn't sound as if a good point for Infamous SS, with its entire scene having only around 50% more polys than a single ship in Star Citizen.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

"Star Citizen is outclassed."

Ha. Cute that you believe that.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@cablemodemx2: what more is there actualy some rocks and a planet ? and maybe 4 battleships ?

and a verry verry dark sky

wait i forgot something screen tearing like F

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@cablemodemx2: exactly. But I think the TC was to slow to catch how he owned himself. Now multiply that one ship by the hundreds that are going to be on your screen at a time. Yeah ISS is pushing more polys than star citizen. The easter bunny is also real.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NFJSupreme

@lglz1337: two ships ships from star citizen has more polys than an entire scene in ISS. However you want to put it ISS is not pushing more polys than star citizen. The numbers don't add up.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lglz1337

@NFJSupreme: nah i just expected something more amazing from these 10tf cards

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@NFJSupreme: nah i just expected something more amazing from these 10tf cards

Maybe if you asked your mom about a Titan,maybe she could buy you one instead of always being jelly

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lglz1337

@MonsieurX: stay mad old man and keep guessing my age

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@cablemodemx2: what more is there actualy some rocks and a planet ? and maybe 4 battleships ?

and a verry verry dark sky

wait i forgot something screen tearing like F

Planets that we can actually visit and lol 4 Battleships try harder more like fleets

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@cablemodemx2 said:

I'm just confused about one point from what the OP said. He's stating that Infamous SS has about 11mil polys per scene, and then makes a comparison to a Cruiser from Star Citizen, which I'm guessing is just a single ship. Unless I'm reading it wrong, that wouldn't sound as if a good point for Infamous SS, with its entire scene having only around 50% more polys than a single ship in Star Citizen.

don't fight it, just let it happen and accept it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@gpuking said:

This game just keeps astound us with stats! Firstly the main character has 120k polys which is the highest ever in a video game, second only to The Dark Sorcerer (1 million polys). Now here's the kicker, not only it managed to be an open world game, it crunched a polygon count number of 11 million polys per scene and on a regular basis! That's 4 millions more than the Star Citizen 7million Cruiser which hermits seem to declare previously as polygon king. As well as being 8 million polys more than Crysis 3 Ultra.

Now on top of a stunning lighting engine, pristine AA, 1080p with AF, wide spread high res textures, lingering destruction and advanced gpu particles, this is seriously impressive achievement! The geometry density in the levels is simply stunning, Ryse, Crysis 3 and even Star Citizen are easily outclassed. And all this is still a first gen PS4 game.

In Star Citizen , only Single Bangal Carrier have over 7 million polygons (One Capital Ship) . That doesn't include rest of the stuff on screen , like Characters , Asteroids , Planet Surfaces , Cities etc .

Too bad Infamous textures are blurry and shadows aren't dynamic . Stop grasping at straws here . It may be best looking console game but you are comparing it to Star Citizen .? Are you insane .? Even any 2-3 years old PC game looks by miles better .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@gpuking said:

This game just keeps astound us with stats! Firstly the main character has 120k polys which is the highest ever in a video game, second only to The Dark Sorcerer (1 million polys). Now here's the kicker, not only it managed to be an open world game, it crunched a polygon count number of 11 million polys per scene and on a regular basis! That's 4 millions more than the Star Citizen 7million Cruiser which hermits seem to declare previously as polygon king. As well as being 8 million polys more than Crysis 3 Ultra.

Now on top of a stunning lighting engine, pristine AA, 1080p with AF, wide spread high res textures, lingering destruction and advanced gpu particles, this is seriously impressive achievement! The geometry density in the levels is simply stunning, Ryse, Crysis 3 and even Star Citizen are easily outclassed. And all this is still a first gen PS4 game.

In Star Citizen , only Single Bangal Carrier have over 7 million polygons (One Capital Ship) . That doesn't include rest of the stuff on screen , like Characters , Asteroids , Planet Surfaces , Cities , 100+ Star Systems , Over 450 landable locations , Underwater Cities etc .

Too bad Infamous textures are blurry and shadows aren't dynamic . Stop grasping at straws here . It may be best looking console game but you are comparing it to Star Citizen .? Are you insane .? Even any 2-3 years old PC game looks by miles better .

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheFadeForever

@Gue1 said:

@cablemodemx2 said:

don't fight it, just let it happen and accept it.

Accept what? A dumb comparison of a single ship good thing there going be a lot more of those

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MonsieurX

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: stay mad old man and keep guessing my age

Around 12 sounds right

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lglz1337

@MonsieurX: old man can't count

waits for daddy lostrib

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

omg those polygons make me love my PS4 even more!!!...... -_-.....

You fan boys are pathetic.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MonsieurX

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: old man can't count

waits for daddy lostrib

And you can't understand than Titan aren't the reference high end gpus anymore

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

The Unigine Heaven 4.0 PC benchmark is the polygon king....

/Thread

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Not sure if serious or trolling here putting infamous as the best looking game ??

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Cloud_imperium

I think OP thinks that Star Citizen is just an Arena Shooter in space , where you shoot everyone in space with ships and there are some cool 2D effects/Planet in the background , and one cruiser somewhere else . He thinks that's the whole game , lol .

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

no. in terms of visuals, star citizen is the ahead of infamous second son.

don't know why you bring that up because

1. infamous is out and star citizen is not

2. star citizen is the most visually technically advanced game in the history of humanity

just enjoy your time with infamous, and the order once its out, but the graphics honeymoon will be brief.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lglz1337

@MonsieurX: stay sensitive old man every time i mention the amazing titan

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lglz1337

@no-scope-AK47: on console it is atm

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MonsieurX

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: stay sensitive old man every time i mention the amazing titan

Why would I we an old man exactly

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

All those polygons and the game play still looks and feels last gen.

Who cares.

Got an example of next gen gaming? All seems the same as last gen so far, whatever you game on.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#77 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@7mdma said:

It doesn't even look that good, tbh. Very video gamey and cartoonish albeit with some impressive anti-aliasing and particle effects. It looks tacky.

Lets be real: Crysis 3 on PC easily beats it and Watchdogs on PC is about to shit on it. I wont even mention Star Citizen out of pity for the peasants...

Enjoy it, chums. The plastic, tablet CPU POS has peaked and it only gets worse from here against the PC.

Pc has no games lul.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@gpuking said:

You realize Star Citizen is the first game going 64bit right?

What bugs me is that whenever a PC guy makes a thread about a new game, guys like Supaman and M3Dude1 complain about how bias herms are and how much they overpopulate this board. Then, there's 5 separate fucking threads on the first page alone created by cows on SS. One about its sales in Germany, one about its sales, one claiming it's the best looking game of all time, one about its Polys, and one about its image capping. Can you guys just relax. You get one decently good looking game and you act like its your messiah. In 2 years time, the PS4 will be technologically obsolete for the following 5 years.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gpuking said:

lol what a bunch of lies

I guess the game doesn't sell good enough lol

The ps4 doesn't have the power to do that, hardware doesn't lie

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TheFadeForever

@cimbom1993 said:

dat LOD

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

infamous is pushing an order of magnitude more polys than any currently available pc game. that part is not up for debate. will star citizen push more? who knows, altho i doubt it. the cruiser comparison is pointless, tho not for the reasons pc fanboys are bringing up. the 7 mil polys the cruiser is made up of will never all be displayed at once. in order to even see the entire carrier youd have to be far enough away and at that distance not using any lod models would just be poor optimization. thatd be like using the number of polys the entire city in infamous is made up of at lod0 and passing that off as the games poly count in any given scene.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@gpuking said:

The Dweeb is strong with this one...

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

infamous is pushing an order of magnitude more polys than any currently available pc game. that part is not up for debate. will star citizen push more? who knows, altho i doubt it. the cruiser comparison is pointless, tho not for the reasons pc fanboys are bringing up. the 7 mil polys the cruiser is made up of will never all be displayed at once. in order to even see the entire carrier youd have to be far enough away and at that distance not using any lod models would just be poor optimization. thatd be like using the number of polys the entire city in infamous is made up of at lod0 and passing that off as the games poly count in any given scene.

considering there will be cities in star citizen that can be explored so its not like the cruisers will be only thing rendered with many polygons

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By m3dude1

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

considering there will be cities in star citizen that can be explored so its not like the cruise will be the only thing with millions of polygons

which is why i said who knows, altho given that this game is still targeting older direct x versions i doubt it.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

considering there will be cities in star citizen that can be explored so its not like the cruise will be the only thing with millions of polygons

which is why i said who knows, altho given that this game is still targeting older direct x versions i doubt it.

That's why DX11 is the recommended even the minimium requires a DX11 card to get all the features. DX10 cards are below the requirements they are asking for the game.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By m3dude1
@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

That's why DX11 is the recommended

i was referring to dx11 as well. Theres a reason polygon counts havent budged an INCH in pc games in 7 years(crysis 1 still matches any pc game in terms of polys), and its not a lack of hardware advancement. All dx11 has shown us is that tessellation is garbage as long as gpus group pixels in quads.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@m3dude1 said:
@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

i was referring to dx11 as well. Theres a reason polygon counts havent budged an INCH in pc games in 7 years(crysis 1 still matches any pc game in terms of polys), and its not a lack of hardware advancement. All dx11 has shown us is that tessellation is garbage as long as gpus group pixels in quads.

linux / mantle star citizen support is confirmed already.

although roberts himself acknowledges windows will likely be the most popular platform for the game.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:
@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

i was referring to dx11 as well. Theres a reason polygon counts havent budged an INCH in pc games in 7 years(crysis 1 still matches any pc game in terms of polys), and its not a lack of hardware advancement.

Can I see these comparsion in polygon counts

Also SC is supporting things like mantle and just recently announced a linux version. DX11 is not going hinder anything.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#90  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Everything was great up until the screenshots. :P

Polygons don't mean shit anymore. We all know this.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 m3dude1

@CrownKingArthur said:

@m3dude1 said:
@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

linux / mantle star citizen support is confirmed already.

although roberts himself acknowledges windows will likely be the most popular platform for the game.

mantle is irrelevant as long as direct x still has to be supported. all it can do is provide framerate improvements.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Boom graphics king. Told these fool ass hermits their uprezzed 360 ports couldn't compete.

You gotta chuckle at these fools who drop these loads of cash on these GPU's. By the time an actual next gen title actually hit's PC the titan will be a bargain bin card.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 NFJSupreme

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

Um no. Sorry but Chris Roberts isn't making world of warcraft. He has specifically said that this game is a PC game and they aren't dumbing it down for weak hardware. It doesn't even support 32-bit. I'll just post what Chris Roberts said himself.

Star Citizen IS a PC game. It will NEVER be dumbed down for a lesser platform. We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@cimbom1993 said:

The LOD is unimpressive in these screens not only it looks blury from the distance

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@Pray_to_me said:

Boom graphics king. Told these fool ass hermits their uprezzed 360 ports couldn't compete.

You gotta chuckle at these fools who drop these loads of cash on these GPU's. By the time an actual next gen title actually hit's PC the titan will be a bargain bin card.

lol graphic king my ass some impressive LOD here isn't there

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By NFJSupreme

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

those have to be doctored right? I mean I:SS is a very good looking game and that looks like straight ASS. ray_to_me is a troll though so just ignore him. He aint talking about shit just trying to get someone to bite.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By m3dude1

someone found a bug in the streaming system and managed to get screens before the game properly loaded assets. thats not how the game looks, its just pc fanboys trying to spin reality.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@NFJSupreme said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

those have to be doctored right? I mean I:SS is a very good looking game and that looks like straight ASS

More examples of the LOD

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NFJSupreme

@m3dude1 said:

someone found a bug in the streaming system and managed to get screens before the game properly loaded assets.

lol that in itself is weaksauce but at least it explains it.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 NFJSupreme

@deathlordcrime: Iol at least it looks good in motion?