Infamous SS is polygon count king 11 million per frame.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@m3dude1 said:

someone found a bug in the streaming system and managed to get screens before the game properly loaded assets.

lol that in itself is weaksauce but at least it explains it.

than i guess pc fanboys should stop using crysis 3 or bf4 as examples of anything but weaksauce

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#103  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@gpuking: Your comparison with Star Citizen is a huge fail. That 7 million polys for a single cruiser is just one single ship. There will be a lot more than one ship on screen, and each of those ships will have the npc/character models and other ships inside them, which add even more to the overall poly count.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 m3dude1

@pelvist said:

@gpuking: Your comparison with Star Citizen is a huge fail. That 7 million polys for a single cruiser is just one single ship. There will be a lot more than one ship on screen, and each of those ships will have the npc/character models and other ships inside them, which add even more to the overall poly count.

you dont even understand the basics of rendering.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

Coming from a guy who claim KZSF looked less "video gamey"

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 pelvist

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

And how did you come to that conclusion?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 m3dude1

@pelvist said:

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By pelvist

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

Then please enlighten us about the basics of rendering.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

Dayum. The new technical graphics king confirmed.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Peredith said:

Dayum. The new technical graphics king confirmed.

yet they couldn't get the LOD right

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

this is just my speculation because I am not a 3d graphical artist but **** it everyone else here talks out their ass so I might as well too. Now lets say that at a distance of 100 units (i.e. units of whatever measurements the game is using) you only see 25% of the polys that are on the ship. If there are 30 ships on your screen that would still be a lot more polys than anything I:SS is doing. Depending on whats going on my guess is that the poly count on star citizen is anywhere from similar to I:SS to so much more greater than I:SS that it's laughable to even compare. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By m3dude1

@NFJSupreme said:

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

this is just my speculation because I am not a 3d graphical artist but **** it everyone else here talks out their ass so I might as well too. Now lets say that at a distance of 100 units (i.e. units of whatever measurements the game is using) you only see 25% of the polys that are on the ship. If there are 30 ships on your screen that would still be a lot more polys than anything I:SS is doing. Depending on whats going on my guess is that the poly count on star citizen is anywhere from similar to I:SS to so much more greater than I:SS that it's laughable to even compare. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

the cruiser is probably the single largest ship in the game, in what fantastical scenario do you expect their to be 30 of them on screen?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@m3dude1 said:

@pelvist said:

the cruiser is probably the single largest ship in the game, in what fantastical scenario do you expect their to be 30 of them on screen?

a lot of ships in star citizen. Looking at them now. Which one is the "cruiser"

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Boom graphics king. Told these fool ass hermits their uprezzed 360 ports couldn't compete.

You gotta chuckle at these fools who drop these loads of cash on these GPU's. By the time an actual next gen title actually hit's PC the titan will be a bargain bin card.

lol graphic king my ass some impressive LOD here isn't there

Hermits caught red handed! LOL!

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Polygons are not impressive anymore, this isn't the 90's
Infamous SS barely even has dynamic shadows, something Doom 3 did much better in 2004

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

You think the PS4 is more powerful than a GTX 780ti..............Hahahhahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaahahahahahaahaa :D

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Boom graphics king. Told these fool ass hermits their uprezzed 360 ports couldn't compete.

You gotta chuckle at these fools who drop these loads of cash on these GPU's. By the time an actual next gen title actually hit's PC the titan will be a bargain bin card.

where da shadow at?

Sorry to break it to you

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Here are some typical scenes in SC, don't look 11million polys don't they? Show me some shots where they display 30 cruiser ships each made of 7m please and good luck having them all at the highest LOD noob hermits lol.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By m3dude1

again, a 7 million poly ship will never be 7 millions polys actually rendered in a single frame, its simply the number of polys used to craft the entire ship, interior and exterior, at the lowest LOD level.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@gpuking said:

Here are some typical scenes in SC, don't look 11million polys don't they? Show me some shots where they display 30 cruiser ships each made of 7m please and good luck having them all at the highest LOD noob hermits lol.

You serious? A alpha dogfight module that's not even out yet you can't even use all the ships . lol pulling a screen shot from a test build.

Please don't kid yourself if you think its going be some arena shooter with a couple ships in the final game. Don't even get me started on the cities that will be in the final game unless you think the planets are just going be 2d cut outs.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@m3dude1 said:

again, a 7 million poly ship will never be 7 millions polys actually rendered in a single frame, its simply the number of polys used to craft the entire ship, interior and exterior, at the lowest LOD level.

that's correct

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By m3dude1

ok then, educate us with the details and media on all the cities that will be in the game, or what screens we should be judging star citizen on

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

lol comparing a finished game to a pre alpha demo...

btw star citizen pre alpha with just 2-3 ships and asteroids around the map can goes up to 4.5 million polys, and that is the like one of the lightest scenario for the final game, I won't be surprised if it surpass 25 million polys when multi crewed ships battling on typical scenario around some space stations.

that is still discounting that ships will have complex animations, complex damage states, full 3D movement on space, all combat stuffs including missiles that each can have roughly on par polygons with NPC char models on 3rd person games, etc.

@gpuking said:

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

If star citizen used 7 mill poly ships at all times no matter what distance, angle and whatever then it would be horrifically optimised. You would expect the game engine to only render parts that are directly viewable or lower the quality on distance objects. If not you will be playing a slideshow on mid range systems.

People buy top end cards to play the games at higher resolutions and draw distances and frame rates up to 120fps with taxing post processing to get the best image quality possible obviously at great cost. If they bought a top end card and could only play at 1080p @50-60FPS with the AA turned down to 2x or SMAA/FXAA/MLAA on ultra settings they would rage on the forums about the game playing like crap.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

ok then, educate us with the details and media on all the cities that will be in the game, or what screens we should be judging star citizen on

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/03/25/star-citizen-concept-art-shows-off-moscow/

They have concept arts like for Moscow which the artist will use to build the cities for the game.

Judging what? A dogfight module we only saw small portions of that hasn't been released with all the features. Since you know GPUking thinks he seeing a typical scene in SC from a alpha build.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 CrownKingArthur

this is a good video using star citizen's engine and in-game assets

https://cdn-rsi.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/commercials/Star_Citizen_Hornet_Commercial_Launch.mp4

4k monitor recommended, but it still looks pretty damn impressive on a 1920x1080 monitor.

anyway SC isn't out yet, so i think its not fair to compete against released games. i say - let the released games have their day in the sun.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By m3dude1

concept art means nothing, plz link to all the media and details of the actual game.

napo_sp, source for those polygon counts?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

concept art means nothing, plz link to all the media and details of the actual game.

Considering graphic artist use concept art to help build their asset and did you not the read the quote and stuff on the link I provided. Why not check their website than if you want everything.

You don't go out of way to get concept art for multiple cities and capture their environment for no apparent reason.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By m3dude1

considering its nothing more than a drawing it means NOTHING. the game at this point is little more than vaporware, and yet its being hyped up as some godly game when its made by a company who has no precedence for blockbuster bleeding edge games development.

@CrownKingArthur

yeah that video looks superb. but weve all seen impressive looking videos before, promising the world. next to nothing has been shown of the actual game and again, its being developed by a studio with no history of producing bleeding edge games, especially on the massive scale they are talking about. how do they expect to ever finish this game?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 gpuking

Funny to see hermits stating to pull random numbers out of their asses now, 25 million ey lol. This is not how Cryengine works son, or 99% of engines out there. You don't render every single object in the scene at LOD 0, only the closest to you does. Again in the case of seeing a 7million cruiser, it would pretty much take up the entire screen in order to see all the details. So then you wont even have enough screenspace for other things, much less another LOD 0 cruiser ship. And even if it did have 10-20 others, they would look like models made out of 2000 polys simply due to diminishing return in the view distance. Hermits are really brain dead sometimes to not realize such logic. This is why the devs never ever boasted 25million figure in their talk because it simply wont happen, only the 7million does.

And sure the game would have some other shits rendered but until they give us figures or in game screenshots, Infamous has its ass beaten.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Sorry to break to you

lol sure bro looks really legit

LMFAO

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

didn't stop the game from flopping.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 gpuking

Why are we posting half life 1 pics here?!!

Oh wait, is that Crys...3 LMAO?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

considering its nothing more than a drawing it means NOTHING. the game at this point is little more than vaporware, and yet its being hyped up as some godly game when its made by a company who has no precedence for blockbuster bleeding edge games development.

Yea man and why does every game studio use concept art to help develop their games they already have a studio working on those assets. I guess you didn't know the people working on the game all had prior experience developing games. You think Chris got some random people together to work on this no many are veterans in the field.

I'll be enjoying my vaporware dogfight module in a few weeks

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Sorry to break to you

LMFAO

looks like a terrible photoshop picture did you do it lol

btw why don't you ask the person who originally posted those pictures

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By gpuking

@TheFadeForever

Concept art don't always get translated 1:1 in the game. It doesn't have LOD issues, iq issues, shadow res, lighting etc. So it's pointless to gauge anything technical from a concept art except to tell the tone of the game. We're dealing with hard numbers here, not extrapolation.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 TheFadeForever

@Pray_to_me said:

LMFAO

So did you use windows paint or something

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By TheFadeForever

@gpuking said:

@TheFadeForever

Concept art don't always get translated 1:1 in the game. It doesn't have LOD issues, iq issues, shadow res, lighting etc. So it's pointless to gauge anything technical from a concept art except to tell the tone of the game. We're dealing with hard numbers here, not extrapolation.

No duh they are use for inspiration to build asset in the game which the developer already said they have a studio working on the cities. All there studios are dedicated working on many of the parts of the game.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 CrownKingArthur
@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur

yeah that video looks superb. but weve all seen impressive looking videos before, promising the world. next to nothing has been shown of the actual game and again, its being developed by a studio with no history of producing bleeding edge games, especially on the massive scale they are talking about. how do they expect to ever finish this game?

yeah, i'm not going to fall for marketing hype and pre-order the game, but at the same time the sc graphics in that 4k trailer don't feel like snake oil. you know what i mean? i think they are totally achievable.

so, youtube is a pretty crappy gauge for graphics, but at least (if anyones interested) they can see how the dogfighting is getting on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM

pretty sure that senor roberts is playing the game with an xbox 360 controller. pretty sweet actually because i'd love 360 controller support out of the box for SC.

yeah the finishing aspect must be tough for a project of this scope. in the battlefield 4 chat every day people complain about the 'finished' state of that game. so i don't really know man.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CrownKingArthur

blacking out from the g-forces is pretty fucking cool.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By m3dude1

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

Yea man and why does every game studio use concept art to help develop their games they already have a studio working on those assets. I guess you didn't know the people working on the game all had prior experience developing games. You think Chris got some random people together to work on this.

do you really not see the fallacy in using concept art to judge or rate a games technical aspects?

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@gpuking said:

Funny to see hermits stating to pull random numbers out of their asses now, 25 million ey lol. This is not how Cryengine works son, or 99% of engines out there. You don't render every single object in the scene at LOD 0, only the closest to you does. Again in the case of seeing a 7million cruiser, it would pretty much take up the entire screen in order to see all the details. So then you wont even have enough screenspace for other things, much less another LOD 0 cruiser ship. And even if it did have 10-20 others, they would look like models made out of 2000 polys simply due to diminishing return in the view distance. Hermits are really brain dead sometimes to not realize such logic. This is why the devs never ever boasted 25million figure in their talk because it simply wont happen, only the 7million does.

And sure the game would have some other shits rendered but until they give us figures or in game screenshots, Infamous has its ass beaten.

I can assure you the current hangar has no LOD, as crazy as it sound.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

Yea man and why does every game studio use concept art to help develop their games they already have a studio working on those assets. I guess you didn't know the people working on the game all had prior experience developing games. You think Chris got some random people together to work on this.

do you really not see the fallacy in using concept art to judge or rate a games technical aspects?

I thought you wanted details and media am I right you never mention anything about technical aspect

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15576 Posts

@gpuking said:

Why are we posting half life 1 pics here?!!

Oh wait, is that Crys...3 LMAO?

You aren't really that dense are you?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@gpuking: Crysis 3 looked great but Infamous looks better by far. City scapes in some instances can be more difficult to produce than greenery. I think the draw distances in infamous are greater than Crysis 3. I played Crysis 3 on a high powered computer and I think Infamous looks better. Gameplay I can't comment on but if it's up to par than I would say this is the game of the year so far. I think Uncharted may give it a run though. Watch Dogs gameplay looks to be unique and involved but graphically doesn't hold up against Infamous. The only game that may throw down on Infamous is The Order 1886.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Infamous: SS looks great until you run down the beach and get close to the water. It's completely flat, and non-interactive. It would've been cool if you could swim around in it and drive boats, but whatever. The game still looks pretty damn good for the most part.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@lostrib: Not saying this is why, but I'm wondering if they did it for stylization purposes. i know when your creating an environment you have to sometimes for atmospheric perspective or the shot will flatten. In a 3d environment its easy to render everything to perfect. Looking at those shots I'm almost positive this is why those backdrop buildings are blurred and fogged.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 m3dude1

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur

yeah, i'm not going to fall for marketing hype and pre-order the game, but at the same time the sc graphics in that 4k trailer don't feel like snake oil. you know what i mean? i think they are totally achievable.

so, youtube is a pretty crappy gauge for graphics, but at least (if anyones interested) they can see how the dogfighting is getting on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM

pretty sure that senor roberts is playing the game with an xbox 360 controller. pretty sweet actually because i'd love 360 controller support out of the box for SC.

yeah the finishing aspect must be tough for a project of this scope. in the battlefield 4 chat every day people complain about the 'finished' state of that game. so i don't really know man.

achievable on how big of a scale tho? how much time and money and hardware resources is it going to take to create a virtual solar system with explorable planets each with their own landscape? not to mention supposed entire cities. and this studio is basically starting from scratch. they have no well developed toolchain or workflow to optimize this entire process, these are things they are learning and developing now. I will say i expect much of the game to fall short of the graphical quality in that 4k video, theres no way in hell they have the manpower and time to create assets of that quality across the huge scale of game they want to create. what i expect is them to realize that this massive undertaking is going to be unfinishable and for massive cutbacks to take place.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@m3dude1: yeah man its a huge project and you're not the only one to doubt their ability to stick to schedule. ballroompirate is another guy. we'll find that out later on but yeah, i could see it being delayed, i could see it coming through on time - i've seen goatse before so nothing surprises me any more.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

hermits got bottle necked in this thread.