Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-titanfall-will-be-an-xbox-one-system-seller-31052691/?page=1/

"TCHBO" ... classic.

Actually, I'm pretty surprised that there's really only one Xbox One fan having a meltdown in this thread. I'm looking at you, Kingtito. You made this thread deliver.

actually they are hiding in a bunker everytime they send someone, this time stormyjoe tryouts

waits for WilliamRbaker to come out

Sorry, but I still think TitanFall was/is a system seller.

Not sure where all these "butthurt" or "owned" comments are coming from. I did not pull the prediction out of thin air, I was quoting IGN - take it up with them.

Question. If it is such a system seller and was Microsoft and the xbox ones flagship title for march heralded as the second coming how the hell did the PS4 outsell it?

I did not give it that much praise. All I said is that it was going to be a system seller, and IMO it was. W/o Titanfall, we'd have another scenario like in January, where the PS4 creamed the XB1.

Thanks for not answering my question. I asked if you think it's a system seller. How did the PS4 outsell it? Simple as that.

Because with the Ones biggest game out the One kinda did get creamed.

I did answer your question. Without Titanfall, the XB1 would have sold far less that 311K. If sales went from 200K+ in January to 300K+ for the "hype month" and the release month of TitanFall, isn't that a system seller?

Considering how hyped it was. No that's not a system seller.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#753 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@StormyJoe: System seller implies selling systems. A 50k bump could have happened without Titanfall. Even then, the PS4 outsold by 60k. In other words, it was not a system seller.

System seller would be something like Gears or Halo. Especially Halo.

We can show this with some maths. February is a 4 week reporting period and March is a 5 week reporting period so we have the following.

258K / 4 = 64.5K per week

311K / 5 = 62.2K per week

This means the XBox One actually showed a decrease in week to week sales vs February, despite the release of Titanfall so I would say that the 50K bump is because March is an extra week of reporting and Titanfall made no difference to hardware sales despite the hype and the discounts.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Keep in mind that March NPD is a 5 week tracking period.February is a 4 week one.

Xbone -

• Feb - 64.5k sold per week (on average) - 4 weeks
  • March = 62.2k sold per week (on average) - 5 weeks

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@StormyJoe: Omg,Tormentos shows you that in Dec MS used both sell to retailers and consumers, and you still deflect.....

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 Sagemode87

@tormentos: Good lord, that's a lot of ownage. Keep serving up crow.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#757  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

the change in tune from lemmings haha

before NPD no way ps4 will win the Titans man the titans, titanfall is 2nd coming it will blow away ps4 ps4 has no systemsellers main! March NPD will shut alot of cows up man!

after NPD, bbbbut system seller does not need to outsell the competition!

LMAO fun days indeed lemmings DC, salty and inside their bunkers butthurt patiently waiting untill the shitstorm goes away.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#758  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

the change in tune from lemmings haha

before NPD no way ps4 will win the Titans man the titans, titanfall is 2nd coming it will blow away ps4 ps4 has no systemsellers main! March NPD will shut alot of cows up man!

after NPD, bbbbut system seller does not need to outsell the competition!

LMAO fun days indeed lemmings DC, salty and inside their bunkers butthurt patiently waiting untill the shitstorm goes away.

Well that is true

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By lglz1337

@lostrib: a systemseller should double your previous sales or atleast boost it way up that didn't happen only a weak 60k more + a extra week

gears on X360 or halo boosted sales now that are system sellers

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

but sony is teh doomed sinking ship!?!

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@Sagemode87: tormentors destroyed StormyJoe, his only rebuttal was "W-well you need to go outside more".

Imagine if Tormentos' posts were consice and articulate he'd be the king of Cows.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 Indicud

@btk2k2: You guys crushed StormyJoe, don't expect him back. @Nike_Air:

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 lostrib

@lglz1337: according to who?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

@Heil68 said:

@daious said:

@Tighaman said:

5 million in 13 countries at $500>>>>>>>>>>>7 million in 70+ countries at $400

and better attach rate but whatever makes cows feel better about that zofran they taken.

Once again, PNF you didn't seem to care that the xbox360 had a year advantage. Remember the first year xbox360 was out the ps3 launched in zero countries. You completely ignored it for the longest time.

Every single country the ps4 and xboxone are both launched in, the ps4 is beating it. Every single one.

The attach rate is also the same.

Well said and thus SDC, thank you SONY, the TRUE by gamers FOR gamers company. We are all humbled SONY.<3

My god I'm still weak. Genius photoshop.

#GafMeansLife

They are like the best thing that that could ever happen to the console war. :D

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

No. That's not at all how it works. The supplier only knows shipped sales. Sony can reasonably estimate retail sales because of how their demand is panning out - if retailers are telling them "we are out of stock, send more ASAP", they can reasonably infer that what they have shipped already is in the hands of the consumer. But, they do not "know" that for a fact unless the retailer gives them actual sales figures; which most retailers do not do.

The only industry that I am aware of that forces retailers to tell the supplier about actual sales is the auto industry - and that's because the dealership bylaws in regards to labor.

You really think that when someone buys a PS4 at Target, and the UPC code is scanned at the register, Sony knows about it? Really?

And, TitanFall has been a system seller - just not enough of one to put the XB1 above the PS4. Do you think MS would have been able to sell as many XB1s as they did without it?

Yes it is suppliers know sales because retailers told them to,they know very well what is selling and what is not,retailers and suppliers are always in constant communication,shipments of units basically happen monthly,unless it happen like with MS which stuffed the channels so bad that units from december still were selling in march.

No the parent company knows about it,in fact that is what inventory is buffoon,and just by checking in a computer you know how many units still left,all parent companies know.

And yes if sony ask how supplies are they get an answer.

I already prove MS talked about sold to consumers 3 million units,out of 3.9 how the fu** MS knew that.? very easy they ask....lol

You were owned...hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@kingtito said:

You don't compare the cheapest 360 with the most expensive PS3 you moron. Bottom line was that you could get the PS3 for 499.

Nom I'm not arguing price is a the reason. I said it's a factor along with other reasons. Tell me why the PS4 is selling so well? Does it's library blow away the XOnes?

It's still the more expensive console and if you think people don't look at price then you're dumber than I thought.

Where have I brought up Live prices? WTF does THAT have to do with this argument? Hypocrite? I'm still waiting for that proof you'd say you had of me being a hypocrite. Let me guess, you couldn't find anything huh moron? BTW how's your PS4, that's right you don't own one. Sad pathetic little man

A bundle that started at the end of March and you're trying to use that as proof of something? The price drop is recent and I'm talking about since launch moron.

Go play with your....................PS2

Yes i do because regardless of what you say the difference was as big as $300 dollars period that was a Fact.

Yes you could get a PS3 for $500,still was $200 over the core 360.

That is the thing the PS4 is stronger,didn't suffer a DRM uproar,is $100 less,and it basically has the same quality games as the xbox one.

I already showed you $449 at walmart with Titanfall,that is $10 less than a PS4 with infamous.

Really i just explained what had to do,you lemming claim the price of live ins't $60 because you can get a deal online,but when the argument is you can get an xbox one for $449 with titanfall cheaper than $500 some how is invalid,...lol

The bundle started on March 21 10 days before the end march you on denial fanboy,not even titanfall free could make the xbox one beat the PS4,hell for 10 days it was even cheaper than a PS4 with 1 game..lol

Cry more you are extremely butthurt,bububut the 7 million is shipped..hahahahaaaaaaaaaa

@StormyJoe said:

Sorry, but I still think TitanFall was/is a system seller.

Not sure where all these "butthurt" or "owned" comments are coming from. I did not pull the prediction out of thin air, I was quoting IGN - take it up with them.

We know that is what make it better..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Titanfail 1+ million between PC,XBO and free bundles...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Titanfall = this gen Shenmue..lol

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@btk2k2 said:

@Desmonic said:

@StormyJoe: System seller implies selling systems. A 50k bump could have happened without Titanfall. Even then, the PS4 outsold by 60k. In other words, it was not a system seller.

System seller would be something like Gears or Halo. Especially Halo.

We can show this with some maths. February is a 4 week reporting period and March is a 5 week reporting period so we have the following.

258K / 4 = 64.5K per week

311K / 5 = 62.2K per week

This means the XBox One actually showed a decrease in week to week sales vs February, despite the release of Titanfall so I would say that the 50K bump is because March is an extra week of reporting and Titanfall made no difference to hardware sales despite the hype and the discounts.

i said WOWOWOWOWOWOOW!!! haha i think titanfall had so much hype that is spontaneously combusted

titanfall slowed down x1 momentum CONFIRMED

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#767 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@super600 said:

I have a funny feeling titanfall along with the price deals/console bundles provided a bigger boost for the xbox one than infamous second son provided for the PS4. The xbox one will be in first this month.

Amusing how your prediction failed horribly, do you have any more?

I got owned. I don't really care if sony won. Now they just need to give me a reason to get there $450 console.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos: No the difference is $200 and in one case as low as $100.

Stop trying to twist the numbers to suite your needs El Tormented. Go ask mom to buy your PS4 already.

So the PS4 is selling simply because it's stronger? So basically, no bad press and it's $100 cheaper than the XOne? Hmmmm sounds almost exactly what I've been saying all while having "basically has the same quality games as the xbox one". Thanks for proving my point kid.

1/3 of the month is suppose to push it over the top? It's still the more expensive console even if the PS4 bundle was cheaper for a short period of time.

You keep defending a console you don't own kid. Have fun living through others. Must be fun to watch all those youtube videos of others playing the games. Hhahahahaha what a loser

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Well. Guess it's curtains for the Xbox. Did not see this coming in all honesty, but it makes me happy.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 Indicud

@kingtito: Dude, you're having a inane meltdown. Calm down its a gaming forum .

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

@kingtito said:

Stop trying to twist the numbers to suite your needs El Tormented. Go ask mom to buy your PS4 already.

So the PS4 is selling simply because it's stronger? So basically, no bad press and it's $100 cheaper than the XOne? Hmmmm sounds almost exactly what I've been saying all while having "basically has the same quality games as the xbox one". Thanks for proving my point kid.

1/3 of the month is suppose to push it over the top? It's still the more expensive console even if the PS4 bundle was cheaper for a short period of time.

You keep defending a console you don't own kid. Have fun living through others. Must be fun to watch all those youtube videos of others playing the games. Hhahahahaha what a loser

lol what a meltdown

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 Sagemode87

@lostrib: is vaguely trolling all you know how to do?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Watching StormyJoe and Kingtito have meltdowns in this thread is just delicious.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By Shewgenja

Meltdowns are so delicious all over the internets today. Xflopped.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776  Edited By Sagemode87

@kingtito: I like how you say "as low as 100" when it comes to last gen but act like it's a huge amount for this gen. And the price difference was on average 200 to 300 dollars. No one wanted the 20 gig PS3, everyone figured they should get all the bells and whistles if they were paying top dollar. Different case for the 360 core system, parents at Christmas time and casuals ate it up. People who spend that little rarely do product research. Yes, the premium sold the most, but the core had its audience and served it's purpose. Don't try to compare the 20 gig PS3 to the core 360, different cases. So yeah, 2 to 300 dollar price difference. Don't even try to whine about the measely hundred dollar price difference today, deal with it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777  Edited By I_can_haz
@tormentos said:

@I_can_haz said:

StormyJoe stop owning yourself already. Sony's number sare sold through to customers NOT shipped. M$ is giving shipped numbers because they are ashamed of using their actual sold through to customers numbers because it will reveal how much bigger the gap is.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-titanfall-will-be-an-xbox-one-system-seller-31052691/?page=1

This is why he is so upset..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Titanfail...lol

"TCHBO"

Classic lol. No wonder he's so upset.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#778  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Thought I should post these:

EDIT - fyi, I didn't create these.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779  Edited By lostrib

@Sagemode87 said:

@lostrib: is vaguely trolling all you know how to do?

Crap, I don't even remember what I was "vaguely trolling" about

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@super600 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@super600 said:

I have a funny feeling titanfall along with the price deals/console bundles provided a bigger boost for the xbox one than infamous second son provided for the PS4. The xbox one will be in first this month.

I got owned. I don't really care if sony won. Now they just need to give me a reason to get there $450 console.

hahaha yes you do. You just hate to wish any good will onto SONY and all they and their millions of fans around the world have shown you is Live, Learn and Love.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#781 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

So Sony is managing to outsell the the xbox while being released within weeks of each other. Let's not forget that the PS3 caught up to the 360 after being released a year after. The same can happen for MS if they just drop Kinect and crank out more exclusives.

People were able to play Titanfall on other platforms, so there's no way it would have help outsell the PS4.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 Indicud

@I_can_haz: kingTit and StormyJoe were exposed. They'll be back on Thier alts soon.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#783 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@Indicud: I'll never understand why people can't admit they were wrong. It's just the internet...

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784 Indicud

@Zero_epyon: because for some the internet is their life.

Don't understand why there so prideful about Video Games, smh.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

As big as $300 period there was one model that was $600 and one $300 period.

Fallowing your line of reasoning there is no $100 difference you sad hypocrite lemming,because to get the $100 difference you need to place t he Premium 360 which was the expensive one vs the core PS3 that was the $500 one how the fu** is that different from comparing the premium PS3 vs the core 360.? Owned by your own logic.?

lol so you haven't bough a PS4 because your mom hasn't give you the money yet.?

That's funny because January NPD was horrible MS introduce the Titanfall free bundle like on February 20 and NPD February rise like 120K over January NPD,yet for March is basically move the same if you take into account that march is a 5 week NPD vs February which is a 4 week one.

So yeah it should have help period.

And you are trowing mud on a console you don't own either,so PS4 numbers are shipments.? Buy a PS4 then talk about it..lol..

@Shewgenja said:

Meltdowns are so delicious all over the internets today. Xflopped.

Have you see Polygons journalist damage control some from polygon and other so call journalist are now casting a shadow over how realistic NPD numbers are...hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

So when MS won December NPD everything was ok,now NPD doesn't really reflect sales,Neogaf has expose the trolls..hahahahaaa

@Zero_epyon said:

So Sony is managing to outsell the the xbox while being released within weeks of each other. Let's not forget that the PS3 caught up to the 360 after being released a year after. The same can happen for MS if they just drop Kinect and crank out more exclusives.

People were able to play Titanfall on other platforms, so there's no way it would have help outsell the PS4.

The xbox 360 great in US great in UK,average on mainland EU,total failure in japan.

This is why the PS3 was able to catch the xbox 360,no matter what the xbox one will never make in Jaoan or EU,and this time there is no 1 year head start,and sony is selling more in US and UK to,so with that scenario even if MS beat sony in US the lead would be to much for MS to make for,specially because the PS4 will not do as bad as the PS3 did,while in EU and Japan the PS4 destroy the xbox one.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786  Edited By super600  Moderator

@Desmonic said:

@super600 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@super600 said:

Don't you mean $500? :P Or is the price cut a permanent thing? :P

I was referring to sony. The base PS4 bundle now costs $450 in canada and there are no interesting bundles right now for the ps4 with games I would like to buy so I would have to waste well over $500(about the same as the xbox one if I want to get a bundle with a game and an xbox live subscription) to get a game, a possible PS+ subscription and etc.It's a bit ridiculous. I still don't want to buy an xbox one because of it's high price, but it's starting to become more appealing.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Good. Glad xbox lost. They will continue to loose. I am willing to bet that the last of us WILL be a system seller, unlike Titan Flop. Every single major developer is going to start to back PS4 more than that underpowered pos. developers are not blind to M$ bs regarding cloud and dx12.

Hahahahaha

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@kingtito: I like how you say "as low as 100" when it comes to last gen but act like it's a huge amount for this gen. And the price difference was on average 200 to 300 dollars. No one wanted the 20 gig PS3, everyone figured they should get all the bells and whistles if they were paying top dollar. Different case for the 360 core system, parents at Christmas time and casuals ate it up. People who spend that little rarely do product research. Yes, the premium sold the most, but the core had its audience and served it's purpose. Don't try to compare the 20 gig PS3 to the core 360, different cases. So yeah, 2 to 300 dollar price difference. Don't even try to whine about the measely hundred dollar price difference today, deal with it.

Yeah yeah kid, I'm not the one saying price have NOTHING to do with sales. You morons are. I'm just pointing out how stupid the "360 was $300 cheaper than PS3" argument. I like how you cows like to twist numbers around to suite your needs. Go away kid, you botha me.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789 Indicud

@super600: dude, you're acting real salty.

Didn't you buy a Wii-U? I think you'd better quietly exit this thread.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

You know MS is fucked when they have to cite that bullshit Twitch statistic in their PR.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 lglz1337

soo who was the next lemming that came out the bunker ? or is stormyjoe still trying ?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792  Edited By Shewgenja

Every developer and publisher in the industry could hear that gun shot.

Looks like Titanfall was a system seller after all, it just sold PS4s.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793 super600  Moderator

@Indicud said:

@super600: dude, you're acting real salty.

Didn't you buy a Wii-U? I think you'd better quietly exit this thread.

Yes! I bought it because the lineup of games interests me. I'm waiting for a decent price drop and more appealing games to release for the PS4.I don't buy consoles because of hope or promises or multiplat games usually.I buy them for there exclusive library.I buy multiplat games once I buy the console , I really don't care about graphics either. It doesn't help that sony decided to increase the price of the PS4 like a month ago because of the canadian dollar.The xbox one is also still expensive even though it's price did not increase, but it's starting to become appealing. Like I said I don't really care if sony won NDP this month. They do deserve to win, but they need to do more to get me to buy there console.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 I_can_haz

I see this thread is still causing a lot of butthurt lol.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#795 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

...I think this thread gave me herpes O_o

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796 ghostwarrior786

haha damn i missed all the good stuff in this thread. tito not knowing the difference between 'sold through' and 'shipped' haha

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito@lostrib

So let's get this straight. PS1, PS2 and PS3 sales were all shipped but all of a sudden Sony is now getting the actual data directly from the retailers? Sorry but I call BS. Sony knows the PS4 has been pretty much sold out so they're obviously going to claim sold and into consumers hands but they're not getting any other special sales data than what MS or nintendo is getting. Your post proves absolutely nothing. You'll see later on after the sales die down all of a sudden it'll be shipped.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797 ghostwarrior786

haha blackace joining tito in the meltdown, for future reference lems 'sold through' = sold to customers, and 'shipped' = sold to retailers. companies use what number makes them look better

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito Face it, if microsoft had sold to consumers they'd state sold-through and not shipped to retailers. Guaranteed. Sorry, kiddo.

None of the numbers are Sold To Consumers. Over 7 million sold is to retailers. Over 5 million is to retailers. That's the way it always is unless they actually say "Sold to Consumers" and they've only did that after launch day when both PS4 and XB1 sold 1 million to consumers in 24hrs. So yes, you're right. None of these numbers are sold to consumers. Who the hell is saying that?

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798 Indicud

@ghostwarrior786: but remember there "not even lems"............. Just passionate gamers who spend hours on end defending and lying to help protect anything and everything related to the Xbox.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

“It’s hard to overstate the importance of Titanfall to the Xbox One release this year,” says Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer for Microsoft’s devices and studios. “For us, it’s a game changer. It’s a system seller.”

Yusuf Mehdi, March 6th 2014.