PRT already on PS4 tool set. Like meow.

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@kingtito said:

You feeling insecure super cow? Seems like it with all the pro PS4 threads you've been writing and you have the nerve to say you were a lem bahahahahaha so pathetic

He's feeling really insecure like most cows who are afraid at how great DX12 will be.

One of the things he's forgetting however is that Tile Resouces with DX12 is like 5x better then with DX11.1. They are using older versions that won't be equal to what's being done on the XB1.It's really funny that sold is going through all this trouble with Graphine Software’s Granite SDK when the PS4 is suppose to be so much more powerful then the XB1. lol!!

DX11.2 support Tile resources and the xbox one already has it,the only waiting are 2 features of DX12 since the other 2 the xbox one has them since launch like Bundles..lol

Granite is a middle ware engine it works on xbox one as well,it fact it was demo on xbox one last year..lol

@slimdogmilionar said:

First link of many on Google http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2014/feb/17/xbox-one-1080p-comfortably-sdk-update-says-rebellion/

"But when PS4 titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall are using 800MB for render targets alone; how difficult will it be for developers to work with just 32MB of fast memory for similar functions?

Tiling’ is the solution. At Microsoft’s BUILD event last year; the team showed hardware-based tiled resource support added in DX11.2. Without going into all the technical talk - available here - 3GBs of textures were able to be stored in 16MB of RAM. To point out the obvious, 32Mb can store up to 6GB worth…"

The video I was referring to earlier is also available there, the one with M$ and Granite devs.

What sony did in 800mb Xbox can do 6x with 32mb eSram. Now do you understand why Ps4 had to be more powerful? by the time Sony saw this Ps4 design was probably already set in stone which could also be another reason why they upped the ram at the last minute, also explains why M$ made DX exclusive.

Since last year the xbox one support tile resources it was already supported on DX11.2 which is xbox one and Windows 8. 2 only...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude what the fu** the game doesn't compose of just textures,that is the reason why sony took 800mb of render target effects like SSAA,msaa and HBAO and many other require to be on ESRAM as well.

So you will never even use half the ESRAM for Tile resources,worse ESRAM is a damn middle man,the textures while on ESRAM are compressed and partially there,once they move to memory they expand,trying to claim that you can use 6GB of textures on 32 MB or ram and been able to have 5 GB more of DDR3 memory for video is a joke,where the fU** do you think those textures will be once they get decompress.?

Do you actually believe that ESRAM will store 6GB of textures uncopressed.?..hahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Oh my god dude really.?

Killzone is not even using PRT do you have an article saying that.?

Tilling is a problem because it requires more resources to be dumb on the xbox one version,while the PS4 version get a free pass,Tilling will not help with effects like MSAA or HBAO or any other effect that need to be on ESRAM as well..lol.

That is the reason why that same developer say ESRAM is to small...lol

@blackace said:

Trials Fusion actually looks better on the XB1. Ruh--roh. lol!! I've seen it running on both systems. XB1 looks cleaner and sharper, with better lighting.

That game is 1080p 60 FPS on PS4 the xbox one version is 900p after patch with 60 FPS and more screen tearing than the PS4 version...

the PS4 and Xbox One versions translate the experience across with little left on the chopping board.

It falls to resolution to define the better console release - and in this case the PS4's full 1080p native resolution gives it a clear edge. For the most part, the Xbox One's updated 1600x900 framebuffer comes respectably close in motion, but for clinical, bright indoor areas the increased pixel-crawl is a distraction. Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas, but otherwise they each offer a very strong experience.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-trials-fusion-face-off

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa...

@sts106mat said:

Lol at that post above, christ eltormo do yourself a favour and buy a ps4 already

Cartoon We Miss You Postcard

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/official-march-npd-thread-keep-it-here-results-in-31193203/#979

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Because it new technology that has never been seen in the industry. Have you not been paying attention to the articles about eSram and tiled resources aka tiling tricks like cows like to call them when they bash lems about it, aka the reason no xbox games have been in 1080 yet because devs aren't as comfortable with it as they are with its predecessor eDram found in 360. The update is to take full advantage of the eSram which devs are not using atm, now it's not the hidden hardware everyone is "talking" about but you should Google Xbox one and esram, then watch M$ 2013 keynote where they and the Granite developers talk about tiled resources and the advantages and the limitations of PRT vs Tiled resources. You riddled yourself on that one, I can't believe you actually didn't know about this stuff by now.

Do you have a link to substantiate that? Cuz, I'm hearing clicks and whistles bro.

I'll text Joel, see if he can sort this out.

I'm just like... Since when was PRT handled by hardware? It's not tesselation. Someone took the term "hardware accelerated" and turned that into something completely off the reservation.

I'm hoping you got my joke about hearing those clicks and whistles lol >_<

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

I'm hoping you got my joke about hearing those clicks and whistles lol >_<

Those zombies freak me out.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 misterpmedia

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@sts106mat said:

@b4x said:

@scatteh316 said:

EVERYTHING Xbone can do, PS4 can do it faster.... that is FACT...

Really...

Can it Skype

Twitch at 720p

Suspend and resume games

Sort your files

Play CD music

Control your TV guide

See when friends come online

Snap apps while still playing games

Truly perform multi-Tasking

The ability to change your GT/PSN id

Turn off the light gimmick on the controller to extend battery life past 4 hours

Upload to Youtube...or even have Youtube.

Release at least one true Firmware ... I'm talking to you v1.7.

Have as good wireless connections to your network with its weak sauce NIC cards.

Can it NFL or ESPN

Last but not least.....Has it seen Titanfall?

you missed:-

scan QR codes for DLC in seconds without the need to type in 25 character codes

Sign you in just by being in the room,

switch on and start playing a game just by hearing you

record cool gameplay segments just by saying "xbox record that"

It's come to this - lemmings boasting that their console recognises a lamp as a human being.

wtf is that registering the lamp? top kek

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@blackace said:

Grenade continues to have a meltdown. Truth hurts, I know. lmao!! I'm not a lemming. you stupid cow. lol!! Everyone can see it looks better on the XB1.

Hahaha, lemmings using screenshots to hype up texture loading. Bad news guys.

Dat framerate! Worse than 360!

Still looks better on the XB1. ALL versions can do 60fps. LOL!! You're trying to to hard and failing miserably.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@tormentos said:

So you will never even use half the ESRAM for Tile resources,worse ESRAM is a damn middle man,the textures while on ESRAM are compressed and partially there,once they move to memory they expand,trying to claim that you can use 6GB of textures on 32 MB or ram and been able to have 5 GB more of DDR3 memory for video is a joke,where the fU** do you think those textures will be once they get decompress.?

Have you ever heard of the demo scene.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/14/3014698/assembly-4k-demoscene-fractals

4 min 4k file the size of a word document done in 2012. These guys have been doing this with 1080p since before mid life of last gen. Granted it's just video but these indie guys get picked up by game developing and hardware companies all the time. Just because you don't believe or can't do it doesn't mean someone else can't.

I do agree that all of the esram will never be used though, but that's my opinion it's not fact.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By blackace

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

Everyone can see it looks better on the XB1.

Digital Foundry disagrees with you, of course. Digital Foundry's opinion on game graphics certainly more valid than anyone who posts on System Wars.

You really should be used to the idea now that when comparing Multi-platform games between the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, the Xbox One nearly always comes up short.

Trials Fusion is another example of that happening. I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

You haven't cleared anything up form me. I've seen and played both versions, and the game looks better on XB1. Not a huge difference mind you, but slightly better. DF didn't even know the KZ multiplayer wasn't actually 1080P. lmao!! They wouldn't even retest CoD & BF4 graphics and FPS on the XB1 after the patches were applied. Why would I believe much of anything they say? They are most likely Pro PS4 as well. DF has gotten things WRONG in the past, so... I use my own judgement. The video given by DF clearly shows the XB1 looks better and several areas.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tormentos
@spitfire-six said:

So let me get this straight, you believe that they are streaming textures for a game from the HDD during gameplay?

Additionally: The issue I have with ESRAM right now I don't understand how you will be able to write to esram as a back buffer and use it to stream texture. It seems that It will be one or the other.

PRT and TR are the same in theory.

Didn't you know that.?

Why do you think you get pop in from..?

These streaming issues are especially glaring on PS4 during the Turbine Terror stage, where the blurred texture beneath our tyres fails to update until we're far past it. Pop-in also flares up aggressively when restarting from various checkpoints on Xbox One, and here even shadow maps can be found snapping into view. In the reference PC version, however, pop-in goes almost unnoticed if you're playing on a machine with an SSD to stream from.

Did you read that SSD to stream from.?

Yeah there is where the textures get streamed from the HDD.

@slimdogmilionar said:

XBox has better textures pause the video at about 40 seconds in Xbox obliterates the PS4 in textures, even I'm suprised at the difference. That kinda makes me think even more that Sony is targeting 1080p for hype and not what's overall better for the games.

That is call pop in the xbox one suffer it as well,textures fail to load fast enough an they look wash out,the xbox one version has more screen tearing after the patch and is 900p,the PS4 version is 1080p 60 FPS,so basically the PS4 is doing 40%+ more pixels while running the same frames with less tearing.

@spitfire-six said:

@tormentos: Again answer my question, is it your understanding that PRT will stream from the HDD during game play.

All textures stream from the HDD where the fu** do you think textures are stored,.?

Like i already say PRT on PS4 is.

HDD>GDDR5>image

on xbox one is.

HDD>ESRAM>DDR3>Image.

This is also a fact for anything that goes into DDR3 and lands on ESRAM or the other way around.

Unconpressed textures don't fit on ESRAM.

@slimdogmilionar said:

Dude I could care less what you say because the devs working on it say otherwise and so does the video and link I posted. I keep agreeing that PRT and tiled resources are the same idea except you seem to not realize why one has limitations and one does not. You want PS4 to win so bad that you posted a link from 2011 idiot. nuff said. You have no credibility dude stop riding PS4 nuts and go get a job and get one so you can stop comparing online vids.

I'm sorry for thinking eSram had direct access to gpu. Oh wait it does. See all of that stuff in purple is..is that dedicated hardware for things Ps4 will have to do on the fly.

You are a MORON with capital letter,PRT is hardware supported not software supported like you claim,the link i posted from 2011 show how OpenGL was supporting PRT while MS didn't,they supporting it now with DX11.2 which is windows 8 and xbox one exclusive MS was very late.

ESRAM is not need it for tiled resources buffoon,or PRT is the same sh** hell let me shut you up more..

The console releases also struggle with asset draw speed. Much like its predecessor, Trials Fusion uses a virtual texturing system, similar to id Software's Rage, which involves wrapping the world's geometry in one single giant texture and then streaming in segments as you drive to the right.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-trials-fusion-face-off

You know what Virtual texturing is right.?

Megatextures... = software.

PRT= Tile Resource = Megatextures but in hardware which has some advantage over virtual textures.

So the game Trials already use it and is superior on PS4...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That last bold part is utter gibberish,anything the PS4 has to do on the fly the xbox one has to do it as well buffoon,my good you really know sh** of what your taking..

If 3GB of textures fit in 16MB,using 50MB of GDDR5 how much you think developers can crap on the PS4 hardware.? Oh wait the PS4 has unified memory at 176GB/s,is not just 32 miserable MB oh i get it you think that the PS4 can't use a small amount of its memory for PRT..lol

Just like it can use 800MB for render targets and not all games do that,..lol

@blackace said:

@sts106mat said:

Lol at that post above, christ eltormo do yourself a favour and buy a ps4 already

El Tormo, do us all a favor and delete your account. No one wants to read your pages and pages of biased garbage. Walls and walls of meaningless text.

El Tormo go back to Mexico.

Oh a racist attack how cute...lol

Why don't you go back to England..Oh wait just because you speak English doesn't mean you are from England...mmmm

Maybe you are to dumb to even know that as well..lol Do you also have 12 years of experience living in US,because if there is something you could learn there is that not every one who speak in Spanish is mexican...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@sts106mat: he pwned you that's what happend, wasn't it you that claimed to be a dev the other day ?

or was is stormyjoe

And I was not talking about this, I was talking about API performance in regards to it improving application performance.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By misterpmedia

@blackace said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

Digital Foundry disagrees with you, of course. Digital Foundry's opinion on game graphics certainly more valid than anyone who posts on System Wars.

You really should be used to the idea now that when comparing Multi-platform games between the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, the Xbox One nearly always comes up short.

Trials Fusion is another example of that happening. I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

You haven't cleared anything up form me. I've seen and played both versions, and the game looks better on XB1. Not a huge difference mind you, but slightly better. DF didn't even know the KZ multiplayer wasn't actually 1080P. lmao!! They wouldn't even retest CoD & BF4 graphics and FPS on the XB1 after the patches were applied. Why would I believe much of anything they say? They are most likely Pro PS4 as well. DF has gotten things WRONG in the past, so... I use my own judgement. The video given by DF clearly shows the XB1 looks better and several areas.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

So your fear has caused you to come to this conclusion.

Granite SDK disproves dx12, and Granite SDK will not benefit xbox dOne at all even though its already on the system..................Granite SDK will only benefit ps4, but ps4 doesn't need it because a single page for a hardware level program engineer was posted thus proving the ps4 has hardware level programming right now before dx12 has been implemented on the xbox dOne.

lol jesus christ you take so many leaps sheen.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Shewgenja

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Granite SDK disproves dx12, and Granite SDK will not benefit xbox dOne at all even though its already on the system..................Granite SDK will only benefit ps4, but ps4 doesn't need it because a single page for a hardware level program engineer was posted thus proving the ps4 has hardware level programming right now before dx12 has been implemented on the xbox dOne.

I mentioned it was on the XBone as well in my OP. You're trying too hard. I simply asked where the mystic performance would come from, now... Results have been hilarious. Thank you for adding to it.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Anyone else worried that we are seeing this level of optimization this early in the gen?

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

I never said PRT and TR wasnt similar I said PRT was software and TR was hardware texture streaming. Good luck with texture streaming on ps4 slow ass HDD pop ins always. Trials used software PRT yes even though x1 did it better its still an old engine with old rendering techniques. TR seemed to work great in Ryse and sure its going to blow everyone away when used for GEARS.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 blackace

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1425/14251903/2455491-8434210340-t6525.gif

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 misterpmedia

@Shewgenja said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

I mentioned it was on the XBone as well in my OP. You're trying too hard. I simply asked where the mystic performance would come from, now... Results have been hilarious. Thank you for adding to it.

Don't anger the bearded gorm. He only ever posts to make pointless observations and to involve the word 'sheen'.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By misterpmedia

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

oh? You're serious?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Dat weak XBOX ONE!!!

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 slimdogmilionar

@tormentos: it's just games and it shouldn't get racial, know it was'nt you who started it. So according to tormentors what is the function of esram? You keep saying it's not for textures but fail to give any other explanation for it's existence. My last post so make it good.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By B4X

@tormentos:

Don't Quote me. I can't understand you at all. I don't feel like wading though the flapping shit fest.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 tormentos
@slimdogmilionar said:

Actually you post misinformation as you want everyone to think what the devs and industry insiders are doing and talking about pale in comparison to your knowledge of comparing graphics of both consoles on youtube. It's not bad that you compare using youtube, but you actually compare youtube vids to actually owning the consoles. I never said PS4 could not do PRT but you should go watch the keynote because you still don't seem to understand what I'm saying you just see someone pro xbox and you have to stop it by any means necessary.

esram never seen a game console before now, evolution of edram

I'm guessing they call it tiling because how the system works is like walking down a tiled hallway you only see the tiles closest to you clearly. duh

Maybe it should but it's not and devs blame esram

obviosly it is seeing as how devs can't use it fully yet just like edram when 360 first came out

yea but devs were still calling for an SDK update to take advantage of esram

basically nobody here takes you serious and I found that out early as the new guy and most of what you post is just copy and paste or selective

You constantly argue what's going on with these systems and what devs say yet I have yet to see an app or game you have developed, from now on I'm gonna shun you and not waste my time on your post. I grade you slightly less full of BS than misterX.

ESRAM is just memory and is not an evolution of EDRAM my god,and is easy to use stated by Rebellion it self you know the developer you just quoted a few post up,yeah that one the complain about ESRAM is been to small.

Great surface tilling is now from 10 to 100 times faster on PS4,i guess that beat the whole 2X xbox one performance boost...

My god you people make such stupid claims is not even fun,PRT is hardware support for megatextures the same is Tile Resources which is the same sh** with a different name like Virtual texturing is.

The thing has like 5 names already,but is the same principle,hardware support is better both the xbox one and PS4 support it,and for the 100 times it doesn't need ESRAM,by the way a developer who also work on this on xbox one and which demo it as well stated so..lol

@slimdogmilionar said:

ok you win. I'm not gonna spend my whole day in SW going into every detail, just enjoy your console of choice

"While texture tiling has been done in software before, it had certain limitations. By moving it to hardware the limitations were removed. Without going into all the technical details, the benefits of removing these limitations are impressive enough that it allows developers to store texture data sizes that previously took up 3GB of RAM in only 16Mb of RAM! Not only does it offer a drastic reduction in size, but it can also allow more detailed worlds than before since now developers have a lot more texture storage available."

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2013/4-063

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

HARDWARE means GCN...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So you are actually reading it that they move Tile Resources to hardware (ESRAM) and for that reason the PS4 doesn't support it like the xbox one,but only by software..hahahaaaaaaaaaa

Oh my god see you are just to damn dumb people read what you quote well,so it doesn't come back to byte you in the behind..

One of the new features of DirectX 11.2 and now OpenGL 4.4 is Tiled Resources. Tiled Resources allow to manage one large texture in "hardware" tiles and implement a megatexture approach.The advantage of using the hardware for this compared to the software solution that was used before are:
- no dependent texture read necessary
- hardware filtering works including anisotropic filtering
AMD offers an OpenGL extension for this as well and it is available on all newer AMD GPUs.

http://diaryofagraphicsprogrammer.blogspot.com/2013/07/tiled-resources-partially-resident.html

Now stop your buffoonery already.

Among the features added to Graphics Core Next that were explicitly for gaming, the final feature was Partially Resident Textures, which many of you are probably more familiar with in concept as Carmack’s MegaTexture technology. The concept behind PRT/Megatexture is that rather than being treated as singular entities, due to their size textures should be broken down into smaller tiles, and then the tiles can be used as necessary. If a complete texture isn’t needed, then rather than loading the entire texture only the relevant tiles can be loaded while the irrelevant tiles can be skipped or loaded at a low quality. Ultimately this technology is designed to improve texture streaming by streaming tiles instead of whole textures, reducing the amount of unnecessary texture data that is streamed.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Now do you remember the link i posted early which is from 2011.? Yeah that one introduce PRT as a HARDWARE FEATURE...

See this is what the developer meant on that part you bold,when it was done by software it was call megatextures,then it was move to hardware and it was name PRT by AMD,which MS didn't incorporate on their DX until DX11.2 which release last year,but been call Tile Resources,but is the same dog with a different collard..

I hope you get it now once and for all,because you are misunderstanding what that developer is saying,what he meant with move to hardware it means the GPU not ESRAM..

What will do the PRT is the GPU ESRAM is where the textures will be store..lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@b4x said:

Dat weak XBOX ONE!!!

Dat CryEngine 4.

Dat Cevat Yerli's turd.

Dat 6/10.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By B4X

@GrenadeLauncher:

Come on man. Give credit where it's due. Posts like that just make you look slow.

You know he's holding that shield with his Johnson...Right?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@blackace said:

Still looks better on the XB1. ALL versions can do 60fps. LOL!! You're trying to to hard and failing miserably.

"I-it stills looks better! Brighter and sharper!!!" So? I can change those settings on my TV.

Hang on. My TV has da powwa of da Clawd?!?!!? Game changer!!!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Shewgenja

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Come on man. Give credit where it's due. Posts like that just make you look slow.

I thought it was hilarious as ****. You post a still landscape screenie expecting oohs and ahhs, but the animation systems in that game leave a whole lot to be desired. Much like everything XBone, once you take it out of its pristine vacuum and actually put it to the test, you discover that you were better off getting a WiiU with more games rather than try to claim it's a graphical power house.

Ownage approved.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 blackace

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

oh? You're serious?

Kids....

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130503190835/glee/images/5/56/Artie-Eyeroll.gif

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@blackace said:

@kingtito said:

You feeling insecure super cow? Seems like it with all the pro PS4 threads you've been writing and you have the nerve to say you were a lem bahahahahaha so pathetic

He's feeling really insecure like most cows who are afraid at how great DX12 will be.

One of the things he's forgetting however is that Tile Resouces with DX12 is like 5x better then with DX11.1. They are using older versions that won't be equal to what's being done on the XB1.It's really funny that sold is going through all this trouble with Graphine Software’s Granite SDK when the PS4 is suppose to be so much more powerful then the XB1. lol!!

This is true. PRT is "like" tiled resources, but uses DX11 and opengl 4.4 but its still not using DX12 which has tiled resources which "is actually" tiled resources. Kind of like how the ps4 eye toy is "like" kinect but not even close really.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 B4X

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

I thought it was hilarious as ****. You post a still landscape screenie expecting oohs and ahhs, but the animation systems in that game leave a whole lot to be desired. Much like everything XBone, once you take it out of its pristine vacuum and actually put it to the test, you discover that you were better off getting a WiiU with more games rather than try to claim it's a graphical power house.

Ownage approved.

Let us not talk games. You won't get very far.

I'll be kind. We can wait for Driveclub.

Don't you dare bust out the glorious Indy's on me.

Just black bar me. I'm still 1080p I swear.

I'll triple buffer you down!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Shewgenja

@b4x said:

Nah, I wouldn't want to make you infamous.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By misterpmedia

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

oh? You're serious?

Kids....

Conspiracy theorists...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By B4X

@Shewgenja

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

Nah, I wouldn't want to make you infamous.

Why not. I have 7 hours of alone time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tormentos

@blackace said:

You haven't cleared anything up form me. I've seen and played both versions, and the game looks better on XB1. Not a huge difference mind you, but slightly better.

DF didn't even know the KZ multiplayer wasn't actually 1080P. lmao!!

They wouldn't even retest CoD & BF4 graphics and FPS on the XB1 after the patches were applied.

Why would I believe much of anything they say? They are most likely Pro PS4 as well.

DF has gotten things WRONG in the past, so... I use my own judgement. The video given by DF clearly shows the XB1 looks better and several areas.

The game look better on XB1 because you say so..hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

It was DF who discover it buffoon,and they expose it in something they rarely do a second analysis.

The patches BF4 and Ghost got were not to increase resolution you blind biased fan boy,it was to fix issues with the gameplay online,quote Activision or Dice saying the xbox one of the games got a patch to rise resolution please..

Yeah after the barrage of secret sauce article they ran for MS before launch now they are pro PS4..lol

Wait a minute so you discredit DF but you use their own video to claim it look better.?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

@WilliamRLBaker said:

My argument has always been the same both support the same sh**.

At least i am good on that one..

By the way...

Cartoon We Miss You Postcard

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/official-march-npd-thread-keep-it-here-results-in-31193203/#979

lol...

@Tighaman said:

I never said PRT and TR wasnt similar I said PRT was software and TR was hardware texture streaming. Good luck with texture streaming on ps4 slow ass HDD pop ins always. Trials used software PRT yes even though x1 did it better its still an old engine with old rendering techniques. TR seemed to work great in Ryse and sure its going to blow everyone away when used for GEARS.

PRT i hardware not software what the fu** is like been surrounded by 10 year olds,how many times most i quote AMD and tech sites talking about how PRT is a hardware supported feature.

And trials problems aren't based on the virtual texturing it self,but on HDD been to slow..hahahaha

The xbox one also has pop in because it doesn't have SSD like the PC version which doesn't suffer from it because of that..

By the way you can use SSD PS4 without voiding the warranty,now try that on your xbox one..lol

Oh did i forget to mention that Trial has less slow downs on PS4,less screen tearing and is true 1080p while the xbox one version is 900p.?

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa so much for Tile Resources from saving the xbox one..lol

@slimdogmilionar said:

@tormentos: it's just games and it shouldn't get racial, know it was'nt you who started it. So according to tormentors what is the function of esram? You keep saying it's not for textures but fail to give any other explanation for it's existence. My last post so make it good.

Come on ESRAM existence is simple to compensate for MS use of DDR3,DDR3 is to slow it doesn't have the bandwidth to feed the system and video at the same time,since it has 68Gb/s the 7770 has 72GB/s for it self,and systems on PC have all the 68GB/s for self.

So it is clear that with 68Gb/s it would be impossible for the xbox one to operate well,so MS bring the speed up with ESRAM,regardless of ESRAM having or not more speed than GDDR5 on PS4,it would not do anything because the bottle would really be the GPU + ESRAM small size.

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Don't Quote me. I can't understand you at all. I don't feel like wading though the flapping shit fest.

Exactly noob you don't understand anything..

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Tighaman

@tormentos: thats how i know you dont know shit just be copying and pasting as usual it dont matter what HDD or SSD you switch to its not going to help ps4 texture streaming because its still USB but you would know if it was on a site you could copy and paste you gonna keep spreading misinformation its funny to me prt is software supported by hardware I got both versions in the house I see pop-ins on the x1 only at the checkpoints you see them on the ps4 almost anywhere and it takes alot longer for textures to come in. I will take 900p and great textures than 1080p and muddy or flat textures but you not doing eiither of those.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tormentos

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: thats how i know you dont know shit just be copying and pasting as usual it dont matter what HDD or SSD you switch to its not going to help ps4 texture streaming because its still USB

but you would know if it was on a site you could copy and paste you gonna keep spreading misinformation its funny to me prt is software supported by hardware I got both versions in the house I see pop-ins on the x1 only at the checkpoints you see them on the ps4 almost anywhere and it takes alot longer for textures to come in.

I will take 900p and great textures than 1080p and muddy or flat textures but you not doing eiither of those.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

USB.? hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa The PS4 support SSD by Sata port...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

USB...hahaha

My god with every single thing you say you just dig your self dipper...hahahaha

You are just talking gibberish in that second bold part dude...lol

PRT is hardware supported period Deal with it..lol..

@FastRobby said:

Well it isn't the same... This just makes clear that you really don't know anything and are just a copy/paster. It's really not the same, or like you always say when you can't explain it: Google it.

It is the same..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have been telling you buffoons for months..lol

Tile Resources and PRT is the same sh** all documents about Graphics Core Next prove it..hahahaaaa

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Shewgenja

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: thats how i know you dont know shit just be copying and pasting as usual it dont matter what HDD or SSD you switch to its not going to help ps4 texture streaming because its still USB but you would know if it was on a site you could copy and paste you gonna keep spreading misinformation its funny to me prt is software supported by hardware I got both versions in the house I see pop-ins on the x1 only at the checkpoints you see them on the ps4 almost anywhere and it takes alot longer for textures to come in. I will take 900p and great textures than 1080p and muddy or flat textures but you not doing eiither of those.

Epic self-ownage considering the HDD in PS4 uses SATA, not USB. Tormentos is.. well.. he's the Tomatos, but damn you rode in on a self-righteous horse made of bullshit.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#138 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

So Sony actually had the cloud all along :P

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@tormentos: I'll explain to you when I get home why you are wrong about streaming textures from the hard drive. Just for now know that you are wrong.

I don't see Esram being used for textures only feasible thing I can think of is writing to a back buffer in the regular ram, then using the tile resource to feed that information to Esram. Still don't see how it will work though it am new to programing. I remember reading about bundling resources at no cost to CPU as some truck they plan to use. However I will just wait and see unless come out with an explanation

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 slimdogmilionar

@tormentos said:

Among the features added to Graphics Core Next that were explicitly for gaming, the final feature was Partially Resident Textures, which many of you are probably more familiar with in concept as Carmack’s MegaTexture technology. The concept behind PRT/Megatexture is that rather than being treated as singular entities, due to their size textures should be broken down into smaller tiles, and then the tiles can be used as necessary. If a complete texture isn’t needed, then rather than loading the entire texture only the relevant tiles can be loaded while the irrelevant tiles can be skipped or loaded at a low quality. Ultimately this technology is designed to improve texture streaming by streaming tiles instead of whole textures, reducing the amount of unnecessary texture data that is streamed.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Now do you remember the link i posted early which is from 2011.? Yeah that one introduce PRT as a HARDWARE FEATURE...

See this is what the developer meant on that part you bold,when it was done by software it was call megatextures,then it was move to hardware and it was name PRT by AMD,which MS didn't incorporate on their DX until DX11.2 which release last year,but been call Tile Resources,but is the same dog with a different collard..

I hope you get it now once and for all,because you are misunderstanding what that developer is saying,what he meant with move to hardware it means the GPU not ESRAM..

What will do the PRT is the GPU ESRAM is where the textures will be store..lol

That's a nice article and I understand what you are saying.

What about this from Nvidia.

Microsoft has created a standard hardware interface to what was previously a software-only technology, which will mean a more powerful, efficient generalization of earlier texture-only technologies. - See more at: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06/26/higher-fidelity-graphics-with-less-memory-at-microsoft-build/#disqus_thread

By working in collaboration with Microsoft, our NVIDIA team has been able to influence the design of Tiled Resources - See more at: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06/26/higher-fidelity-graphics-with-less-memory-at-microsoft-build/#disqus_thread

I’m really looking forward to seeing how developers take advantage of this newly available capability. - See more at: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06/26/higher-fidelity-graphics-with-less-memory-at-microsoft-build/#disqus_thread

This is two years after PRT was introduced. Why not just use PRT M$? I'm not sold that they are the same exact thing still.

If resident textures are stored in local video memory then what does that mean for esram?

But on a side note I'm pretty sure xbox can split targets between esram and ddr3 so why not put permanent textures in esram and partial in ddr3?? That makes a lot more sense to me. Either way it still points to Xbox having better textures than PS4.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Tighaman

@Shewgenja: But will switching your ps4 HDD to SSD help texture streaming? No! I might be wrong I will take that USB phrase as self ownage but that dude is bonkers dont have a ps4 or an x1 but constantly in post and folks defending him including you.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Shewgenja

@Tighaman said:

@Shewgenja: But will switching your ps4 HDD to SSD help texture streaming? No! I might be wrong I will take that USB phrase as self ownage but that dude is bonkers dont have a ps4 or an x1 but constantly in post and folks defending him including you.

I could be wrong, but I think the amount of cache on the HDD has a bigger bearing on texture fetch performance. I'll have to look at the SDK manual and see if they cover that.

Also, Tormentos was wrong on another caveat, you can stream textures from the BluRay drive, but it would be much quicker to do so from an HDD preload/install.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Tighaman

@Shewgenja: No dude was saying that because ps4 HDD was slow for texture streaming you can fix that by switch the HDD to a faster one or SSD and thats false no matter how you spin it

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

If there is one thing almost everyone can agree on, on this board. It's that BlackAce is the most pathetic joke on this board.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5924 Posts

So Tile Resources is available on both Xbox One and PS4. Well done for pointing that out.

But if you watch the preview at the GDC the focus is not on Tiles its on other improvements. Plus this is only a preview and Microsoft has already said there is more to be talked about and demonstrated.

Dev's will have a better understanding on what these improvements are (including the ones not yet announced) and are saying it will improve things.

I'm not saying it will double the performance or it will make it fully catch up to PS4. But to dismiss the features it will bring (and Xbox One doesn't have them) is just daft.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Shewgenja

@tdkmillsy said:

So Tile Resources is available on both Xbox One and PS4. Well done for pointing that out.

But if you watch the preview at the GDC the focus is not on Tiles its on other improvements. Plus this is only a preview and Microsoft has already said there is more to be talked about and demonstrated.

Dev's will have a better understanding on what these improvements are (including the ones not yet announced) and are saying it will improve things.

I'm not saying it will double the performance or it will make it fully catch up to PS4. But to dismiss the features it will bring (and Xbox One doesn't have them) is just daft.

Let me be very clear on this. I think a lot of the cows on this forum are going out of their way to belittle the XBone by saying it won't see any improvement with DX12. That's just not the case. For one, the tools will be much better because MS is not focusing on incrementally improving the current tool-set but instead have all their lab monkeys working on the new environment. Not only will the tools be better but it will make the hardware a bit more accessible to developers who are currently scratching their chins when it comes to loading their jobs between the various sub systems on the console.

THAT being out of the way. The cows are also absolutely correct in the assumption that there isn't anything the XBone will do that the PS4 simply cannot follow when it comes to game performance. The PS4 is relatively uncomplicated as it is and with lower-level tools being designed and implemented as well as middleware to use those things, the PS4 has just as much (if not more, in all honesty) to improve as well. Where the scales tip in the end, is a guess from both sides. What can't be argued is that there are more compute units, more ROPs and more raw pixel-fill on the PS4.

The Xbone WILL improve from its current state. It's not just going to wither and decay away but improve. The PS4? Man, if I learned anything from turn-coating on the 360 last-gen it's that XBox fans simply assume way too much when it comes to MSes ability with software when compared to Sony. If Naughty Dog or Santa Monica got their hands on the 360, they would have seen some sexy ass games but the fact these propellerhead developers squeeze wacky systems like the PS3 for what it's worth tells me that they will work some serious magic with an actual well-designed system like the PS4.

So, there. Straight from the "moogenja's" mouth. You know where I stand on all this sauce shit.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Spitfire-Six

@Shewgenja said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Let me be very clear on this. I think a lot of the cows on this forum are going out of their way to belittle the XBone by saying it won't see any improvement with DX12. That's just not the case. For one, the tools will be much better because MS is not focusing on incrementally improving the current tool-set but instead have all their lab monkeys working on the new environment. Not only will the tools be better but it will make the hardware a bit more accessible to developers who are currently scratching their chins when it comes to loading their jobs between the various sub systems on the console.

THAT being out of the way. The cows are also absolutely correct in the assumption that there isn't anything the XBone will do that the PS4 simply cannot follow when it comes to game performance. The PS4 is relatively uncomplicated as it is and with lower-level tools being designed and implemented as well as middleware to use those things, the PS4 has just as much (if not more, in all honesty) to improve as well. Where the scales tip in the end, is a guess from both sides. What can't be argued is that there are more compute units, more ROPs and more raw pixel-fill on the PS4.

The Xbone WILL improve from its current state. It's not just going to wither and decay away but improve. The PS4? Man, if I learned anything from turn-coating on the 360 last-gen it's that XBox fans simply assume way too much when it comes to MSes ability with software when compared to Sony. If Naughty Dog or Santa Monica got their hands on the 360, they would have seen some sexy ass games but the fact these propellerhead developers squeeze wacky systems like the PS3 for what it's worth tells me that they will work some serious magic with an actual well-designed system like the PS4.

So, there. Straight from the "moogenja's" mouth. You know where I stand on all this sauce shit.

Completely agree good post.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Spitfire-Six

@tormentos: i re-read your post i was going to comment on about HDD streaming. It was mis formatted on my phone. It didn't show your little flow chart HDD>RAM>GPU. I take back my you are wrong comment.