System Wars Lounge v81: The Uncanny Ghost4Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I hate warm weather. Triple digits in California today. Working night shift has its perks but sleeping during the day when my house struggles to stay cool is not so awesome.

I dunno how you do that in a full uniform. I'd be sweating straight through lol.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#52 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@lundy86_4: It sucks. Especially because summer is when we have a ton of shootings and stabbings.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Lots of hustling, i'd think. I did a ride-along with my old neighbour when I was looking to join, (a diagnosis soon after killed that idea,) and we had a stabbing, 2 or 3 armed robberies where one went to ground and we had to establish a perimeter and call in K9, as well as searching for an escaped drug supplier known to wear a vest... Shit was wild for a 12-hour shift lol.

Edit: Oh shit, also a noise-disturbance where a drunk chick smashed a hole in her own front door to get in... We go in and music is cranked and this chick is sat wearing nothing from the waist down... I almost died right there.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#54 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@lundy86_4: We do 10 hour shifts but they are definitely extremely busy. Sometimes I envy the small quiet departments, but then I see how much money they make. Lol

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Damn it is impossible to find a switch in stores. Called every place around me.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Seabas989: duh, Champ game. Champ IP. Certified legit.

What did you think of "V's" gameplay? I actually didn't mind it since I thought his sections were the easiest to get A+ ratings.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@Seabas989 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

What did you think of "V's" gameplay? I actually didn't mind it since I thought his sections were the easiest to get A+ ratings.

As a change of pace he's not the worst thing ever, at the least he is the core systems in a different way. Plus I think the nidhogg and horse grayson boss fight are good, and a decent use of V's mechanics. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, he's shallow. All the creative shit you see with him by the combo mad community, is legit shit you can only do in the void, because he's a piece of shit too freestyle with.

He's a free S until Hell or Hell, when you realize **** his tools suck, and while the challenge is finally there, he's not fun enough to make that shit fun.

And in a game with a suped up Nero and admittedly nerfed, but holy shit he can hold 6 guns n 6 melee weapons Dante he's not what I come to the game for, and luckily something I can opt out of when I just want to fire the game up n Bloody Palace, tho I did beat Bloody palace with him and that shit got tough enough, tho he is the easiest of the 3 to beat Bloody Palace with.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

struggled to find a good champ game that is not ghost game at all (STALKER, Eternal).

Because you're bad at games duh. Champ games actually reward people for getting good.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#59 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

struggled to find a good champ game that is not ghost game at all (STALKER, Eternal).

Because you're bad at games duh. Champ games actually reward people for getting good.

most of champ games design for controllers while ghost games even console oriented ones are play better with KB/M.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

most of champ games design for controllers while ghost games even console oriented ones are play better with KB/M.

You're not good at keyboard and mouse games either. Trash all around.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

You're not good at keyboard and mouse games either. Trash all around.

so what are trash ghost games?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

I am saying you are bad at games. You are bad at playing them.

But since you asked

Mafia, Half Life 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Max Payne 3, the metro games, Black Mesa, I mean shit you only like a whopping 7 games total as it is.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

I am saying you are bad at games. You are bad at playing them.

But since you asked

Mafia, Half Life 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Max Payne 3, the metro games, Black Mesa, I mean shit you only like a whopping 7 games total as it is.

How come you start hating riddick when you used to liked it?. but Darkness is champ game and i only played darkness 2 because its on PC and it suck. so cant comment on darkness 1.

I never put Metro games in my top 20 actually.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

How come you start hating riddick when you used to liked it?. but Darkness is champ game and i only played darkness 2 because its on PC and it suck. so cant comment on darkness 1.

I never put Metro games in my top 20 actually.

The Darkness is not a champ game. The Darkness is a video game story I like, attached to a game I wouldn't exactly call good.

And as stated prior my friend, no game take of mine isn't up for me to re-review as I play more things and pick up some new tricks in the old arsenal. I value the ability to replay games, and games where the gameplay is bog standard and unsatisfying don't hold up.

Riddick is a pretty good example of how much people will overrate anything if the graphics n atmosphere are spot on, because the actual shooting in Riddick isn't very good. And the sneaking is brain dead shallow. So what are you really left with gameplay wise? The melee combat? In first person? Yeah, no thanks would sooner eat chain pizza.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ghosts4ever
Loading Video...

@jg4xchamp: Champ see this. How ahead of Mafia was.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jg4xchamp

who cares, it still played like shit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

who cares, it still played like shit.

it play better than tank control RE and dino crisis today.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jg4xchamp

Nope

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

Nope

Loading Video...

Its cheap RE clone made by same developer. its 3 hour short like any RE game. it focus more on resource management than actual playing part that suck.

Loading Video...

on other hand Mafia has much more variety and still age well compare to dino crisis while even it become quite dated. game was ahead of its time.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jg4xchamp
@ghosts4ever said:

Its

Managing resources is a valid form of play, Mafia is a lazy ass bitch ass shooter. No interesting movement mechanics, no enemy variety, just the same shit. Crouch behind cover, take pot shots at enemies, rinse n repeat. Throw in a bunch of unfun activities that have nothing to do with the core mecahnics.

Tank controls are a perfectly fine set up, especially for horror games or games about trying to plan routes around places to avoid conflict or manage your combat situations to avoid burning too many resources. I get why you suck at games like Dino Crisis and Resident Evil. They require you to adapt and think, not your strong suit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Its

Managing resources is a valid form of play, Mafia is a lazy ass bitch ass shooter. No interesting movement mechanics, no enemy variety, just the same shit. Crouch behind cover, take pot shots at enemies, rinse n repeat. Throw in a bunch of unfun activities that have nothing to do with the core mecahnics.

Tank controls are a perfectly fine set up, especially for horror games or games about trying to plan routes around places to avoid conflict or manage your combat situations to avoid burning too many resources. I get why you suck at games like Dino Crisis and Resident Evil. They require you to adapt and think, not your strong suit.

but Mafia is more hardcore and take more skills. have you beaten Mafia? i guess you quit after racing mission because final shootout is by far one of the most intense shootout and most challenging shootout in third person genre.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

but Mafia is more hardcore and take more skills.

Literally takes less skill. They cut all the fun out of a shooter and left you with this basic bitch ass combat system, but it has "mah recoil' and "mah bloom", who cares? The weapon decision making is non existent, enemies are all homogenized, and any sort of interesting movement or positioning is dumbed down n simple.

You know for a "hardcore" gamer or whatever, you play a lot of shallow games. A lot of your games at best, AT BEST are slightly above jrpgs in the depth department. And that shit is dvd menus.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ConanTheStoner  Online

FFXII deeper than most Ghost games. Shameful.

Bet Ghosts would call TW101 a kiddie game even though game shows more depth in its first level than The Mafia has across the whole series, while also being way more challenging.

Shit, SoR4 has more depth to its positioning game than Mafia has all around. And Ghosts thinks it's a one n done.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:

FFXII deeper than most Ghost games. Shameful.

Bet Ghosts would call TW101 a kiddie game even though game shows more depth in its first level than The Mafia has across the whole series, while also being way more challenging.

Shit, SoR4 has more depth to its positioning game than Mafia has all around. And Ghosts thinks it's a one n done.

in 2020. a short side scroll beat em up is one and done and i only played it for nostalgia only.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

Wait is he really sniper? Takes me back

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ConanTheStoner  Online
@ghosts4ever said:

in 2020. a short side scroll beat em up is one and done and i only played it for nostalgia only.

^

Case in point.

SoR4 = Good game.

Mafia = PC jank version of a "movie game".

Conan - 138

Ghosts - 0

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

Mafia has less things to get good at and less depth mechanically than any Streets of Rage game, much less Streets of Rage 4.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Mafia has less things to get good at and less depth mechanically than any Streets of Rage game, much less Streets of Rage 4.

Loading Video...

This is one of the most beautiful OST i have ever listened. Excellent.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@chozofication said:

specifically sniper4321

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

Im sure, babies first mob movie impresses you, so it makes sense that babiest first movie score impresses you.

Were good mob movies even legally allowed to show up in that dump you live in?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Im sure, babies first mob movie impresses you, so it makes sense that babiest first movie score impresses you.

Were good mob movies even legally allowed to show up in that dump you live in?

so champ, recommend me Mafia 1 type movie where main character is like Tommy angelo. a nice guy forced to worked in Mafia, and even though he is working as gangster he still keep his moral and not want to kill innocent and in they end he let entire gang arrested.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jg4xchamp
@ghosts4ever said:

so champ, recommend me Mafia 1 type movie where main character is like Tommy angelo. a nice guy forced to worked in Mafia, and even though he is working as gangster he still keep his moral and not want to kill innocent and in they end he let entire gang arrested.

Why does the plot have to be 1:1?

Because if I want a story about someone who is more reluctant to be part of the mob and becomes a part of it by circumstance, this little movie called The Godfather is substantially better, and has a more impressive ending. A master class on character development.

Tommy being a basic bitch "mah morality" is one of the stories many short comings, it lacks any sort of teeth.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Why does the plot have to be 1:1?

Because if I want a story about someone who is more reluctant to be part of the mob and becomes a part of it by circumstance, this little movie called The Godfather is substantially better, and has a more impressive ending. A master class on character development.

Tommy being a basic bitch "mah morality" is one of the stories many short comings, it lacks any sort of teeth.

Loading Video...

This is art of writing.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jg4xchamp

Shit art actually. Why are all ghost games shallow my friend? Why is it that a skillful player can’t use the mechanics to do anything expressive to separate their play from casuals my friend? Do lesser browns like you only like games where you can’t have people better than others? Keep everyone a lesser ass energy?

I don’t need to ask why your games have bad stories. It’s video game, the whole medium has bad stories.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

Why are all ghost games shallow my friend?

none of ghost games are shallow my friend. Ghost games are badass, they have best controls and mechanically perfect. and when ghost game is not mechanically good (ie Metro) its atmosphere save it.

the latest champ game DMC5 i only played for an hour and uninstalled it. its trash.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

none of ghost games are shallow my friend

But my friend all ghost games are shallow. All of them have limited gameplay mechanics with little to no room for player expression. Where as you dog Devil May Cry which lets scrubs like you mash button like big idiot, but let truly skillful player do things like this

Loading Video...

How come all the footage you show of your games, no one does anything cool with the systems?

How come Doom Eternal is more of a Champ game since it's built around Champ game concepts. I mean the Doom series copied the Zendatsu from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and called it a glory, took air dashes from platformers, fighting games, and Japanese action games, took a grappling hook styled combat closer from Nero and other Japanese action titles, borrows elements from action games like using specific moves n items to get more of a specific type of resource (like how flamethrower gives you armor), and its best highlight isn't some story nerd shit, but cool ass freestyling like DMC or speed running, a competition thing which we know you don't take part of.

Damn hence forth Doom: Eternal is a Champ game. Ghost is rocking a Champ game sig, another L for ghost.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

none of ghost games are shallow my friend

But my friend all ghost games are shallow. All of them have limited gameplay mechanics with little to no room for player expression. Where as you dog Devil May Cry which lets scrubs like you mash button like big idiot, but let truly skillful player do things like this

Loading Video...

How come all the footage you show of your games, no one does anything cool with the systems?

How come Doom Eternal is more of a Champ game since it's built around Champ game concepts. I mean the Doom series copied the Zendatsu from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and called it a glory, took air dashes from platformers, fighting games, and Japanese action games, took a grappling hook styled combat closer from Nero and other Japanese action titles, borrows elements from action games like using specific moves n items to get more of a specific type of resource (like how flamethrower gives you armor), and its best highlight isn't some story nerd shit, but cool ass freestyling like DMC or speed running, a competition thing which we know you don't take part of.

Damn hence forth Doom: Eternal is a Champ game. Ghost is rocking a Champ game sig, another L for ghost.

so champ games are only challenging if gamers want to be? thats terrible way of making games "challenging". beauty of challenging game is die over and over again or pressing F8 over and over again after falling.

as a result Ghost games are challenging, and hardcore.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@clone01 said:
@chozofication said:

specifically sniper4321

That has yet to be confirm!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#91 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@clone01 said:
@chozofication said:

specifically sniper4321

That has yet to be confirm!

Its the worst keep secret on system wars.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Thankfully footy is back.

Real football with real men, helmets and pads need not apply.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: I wish I could ask Charizard1605 on the details who he really is but sadly, he took his secrets to this grave :(

@i_p_daily said:

Why can't my own Countryman get into that sport instead of the fake one we got?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: I wish I could ask Charizard1605 on the details who he really is but sadly, he took his secrets to this grave :(

@i_p_daily said:

Why can't my own Countryman get into that sport instead of the fake one we got?

I wouldn't say the NFL is fake, but when we watch it we sit there and go, wait one team comes on to play offense, one team for defense, and then one guy as a kicker. In our game each player has to play offense and defense and its not stop & start all the time. If you score next to the sideline you need to take the kick from the sideline.

Our game was suspended after round 2 for 8 weeks due to covid, and we are now restarting due to our country closing its borders and only allowing our own countrymen to fly back and having to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks, it has been very successful as we have only had like 102 deaths.

My team are 3 from 3 to start the season. Oh and we play every team in the comp, no divisions.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50615 Posts

@davillain-: Because it's boring as hell

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever: ghost games are easy tho, on top of being shallow they are piss easy. Absolute state of ghost pressing F8 a bunch in easy games.

Another L for ghost

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

@ghosts4ever: ghost games are easy tho, on top of being shallow they are piss easy. Absolute state of ghost pressing F8 a bunch in easy games.

Another L for ghost

come on champ, even at worst, Mafia 2 is better than RE and dino crisis.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@uitravioience: If I'm not mistaken its a pre-workout mix just aimed towards gamers. That stuff is NOT good for you, I couldnt imagine chugging that before trying to sit around and not physically do anything (gaming).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@davillain-: Because it's boring as hell

Yes it is. I respect the ability, I respect the athletes, I respect the sport, but I just don't get how this is exciting to watch.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

Another L for ghost

but champ, you only found these kind of level design in Ghost games.