System Wars Lounge v81: The Uncanny Ghost4Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

Where's Cup to defend this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfUs2/comments/gs71uz/abby_2017_vs_2020/

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#102 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@pinkribbonscars said:

no idea where cup gone. board feel empty without him.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pinkribbonscars said:

no idea where cup gone. board feel empty without him.

Cup stated he's working on is Estate and won't be back to GS until he gets it under control.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

Those some big ass arms haha.

They look really weird too

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

come on champ, even at worst, Mafia 2 is better than RE and dino crisis.

Hell no, has less mechanics, and is a baby movie game with wall cover shooting. Literally everything you bitch about, but all of a sudden you have excuses for it. Game is trashier than trash.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

but champ, you only found these kind of level design in Ghost games.

not really Metroid says hi, Resident Evil has had the spencer mansion and RCPD, you would know this if you weren't trash and needed a 100 saves to just beat those. Dark Souls.

Plenty of games have done more puzzle box levels that fold in on themselves in interesting ways, in fact often your games just have spaces to create a whole lot of tedious routing, because its actually more linear in how you can get places. As there is no depth to the movement mechanics, and very little diverging paths.

Once again you being bad at games has translated into you making excuses for another shallower set of systems. Another L for ghost.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@clone01 said:
@Chutebox said:

@davillain-: Because it's boring as hell

Yes it is. I respect the ability, I respect the athletes, I respect the sport, but I just don't get how this is exciting to watch.

Do you guys even know what sport you are talking about? a sport should flow, not stop & start every 30 seconds, an hour long game shouldn't take 4hrs to finish, that's boring.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@clone01 said:
@Chutebox said:

Yes it is. I respect the ability, I respect the athletes, I respect the sport, but I just don't get how this is exciting to watch.

Do you guys even know what sport you are talking about? a sport should flow, not stop & start every 30 seconds, an hour long game shouldn't take 4hrs to finish, that's boring.

haha, I do know. Guess what, I love baseball, too :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@clone01 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@clone01 said:
@Chutebox said:

haha, I do know. Guess what, I love baseball, too :P

I don't mind Baseball, I don't watch it, but its a non contact sport 99% of the time, and thus a slow game, contact sports should be fast paced.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
Dark Souls.

lazy port where it show xbox button prompt. stop playing it after wards.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:

The game has sequels on PC, and a pretty popular mod fix. Gonna need you to come up with better fixes for why you are bad at video games ghost. Is it because you were raised on basic bitch gameplay?

Too much casual energy from you.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 clone01

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

The game has sequels on PC, and a pretty popular mod fix. Gonna need you to come up with better fixes for why you are bad at video games ghost. Is it because you were raised on basic bitch gameplay?

Too much casual energy from you.

lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Damn, Ghosts gettin worked.

Can't tech a throw, no counters, man just keeps throwing out the wake up DP and eating the punish.

Literally the flowchart Ken of game debates. Forever stuck in bronze, can't even block.

Lets see if he goes for another yolo jump in.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Chutebox

@i_p_daily: I wasn't aware you made the rules on what a sport should do.

There are plenty of stoppages in all sports. It just looks different from sport to sport. I know American football has the most, no denying that. But you gotta picture it as a game of chess...with the peices being the freakiest athletes around.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Chutebox said:

There are plenty of stoppages in all sports. It just looks different from sport to sport. I know American football has the most, no denying that. But you gotta picture it as a game of chess...with the peices being the freakiest athletes around.

Look at all the football sports around the world and they are mostly fast paced games, as for being the freakiest athletes around, being the heaviest and going Sumo for 10-30secs is hardly freakish.

Loading Video...

I can respect the players who are wide receivers and the quarterback who can throw the ball a fair distance, but again not freakish, and comparing the NFL to Chess is lol worthy.

The main problem I have with the NFL is its so slow terribly slow, and stop start all the time except for the last 5mins when one team needs to score to catch up, but the other team slows it down to a crawl when they have it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Chutebox

@i_p_daily said:
@Chutebox said:

Look at all the football sports around the world and they are mostly fast paced games, as for being the freakiest athletes around, being the heaviest and going Sumo for 10-30secs is hardly freakish.

Loading Video...

I can respect the players who are wide receivers and the quarterback who can throw the ball a fair distance, but again not freakish, and comparing the NFL to Chess is lol worthy.

The main problem I have with the NFL is its so slow terribly slow, and stop start all the time except for the last 5mins when one team needs to score to catch up, but the other team slows it down to a crawl when they have it.

Some of the linemen are huge and slow, ya. Other huge linemen are still extremely athletic and quick.

And it is like chess. I get you don't like that is has the start and stop (again, all sports do, but not the extent of the NFL), that's ok. Different strokes and all that jazz....but then you say you don't mind baseball, the slowest sport ever that has more stops that the NFL.

And ya, the athletes (barring the defensive tackles) are pretty damn freakish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Chutebox said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Chutebox said:

Loading Video...

Some of the linemen are huge and slow, ya. Other huge linemen are still extremely athletic and quick.

And it is like chess. I get you don't like that is has the start and stop (again, all sports do, but not the extent of the NFL), that's ok. Different strokes and all that jazz....but then you say you don't mind baseball, the slowest sport ever that has more stops that the NFL.

I never said other sports don't have breaks in play, but the NFL has a break after EVERY play. And its nothing like Chess as Chess is not played by 6 different teams on the one field.

Yes the NFL has athletes, but none are freakish, they are freakish if you only watch the NFL, but I'd say broaden your horizons just a little.

Baseball can't be a fast sport, whereas with a few tweaks the NFL can be. I don't hate the NFL I just think its too slow to be entertaining, shit maybe it is like Chess then.

PS...I do like Chess and am very good at it LOL.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Chutebox

@i_p_daily said:@Chutebox said: @i_p_daily said: @Chutebox said: @i_p_daily: I wasn't aware you made the rules on what a sport should do.

I never said other sports don't have breaks in play, but the NFL has a break after EVERY play. And its nothing like Chess as Chess is not played by 6 different teams on the one field.

Yes the NFL has athletes, but none are freakish, they are freakish if you only watch the NFL, but I'd say broaden your horizons just a little.

Baseball can't be a fast sport, whereas with a few tweaks the NFL can be. I don't hate the NFL I just think its too slow to be entertaining, shit maybe it is like Chess then.

PS...I do like Chess and am very good at it LOL.

The coaches are the ones controlling the chess pieces (players).

I've watched many, many different sports. They (not all obviously) are freakish.

Chess is awesome haha.

Edit: one of the many positive things xfl was doing was actually speeding up the game. No more 40 second play clocks, I think it was down to 25 seconds.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Chutebox

Holy hell what happened with that quote?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Chutebox said:

Holy hell what happened with that quote?

Don't know, you broke it though LOL.

But the NFL is not Chess, I mean there is a fast version of Chess :)

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Ah yeah. New 4k 50 inch tv bought. Let's go next gen systems!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@uitravioience: You're late, I've been enjoying 4k, hdr etc for 2yrs now lol.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 UItravioIence

@i_p_daily: lol thought I'd be ok with this old 1080p. Nahh. Damn I've been missing out. 4k is a life changer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@uitravioience said:

@i_p_daily: lol thought I'd be ok with this old 1080p. Nahh. Damn I've been missing out. 4k is a life changer

HDR is the big thing when done right. I had a Panasonic Viera for 9yrs, and in 2018 I bought a Panasonic 50 inch full 4k HDR tv, and when I played AC Origins on the X with HDR is was stunning, and i'm not a graphics whore but the colours were awesome.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By UItravioIence

@i_p_daily: I'm still on a base jet engine PS4, but I cant wait to see what these new consoles can do.

So glad I got a new TV.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#127 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Bought two Blu-Rays, Sonic the Hedgehog and Guns Akimbo (Daniel Radcliffe).

Only saw the former with my younger brother last night. Enjoyed it quite a bit, but I think I still preferred Detective Pikachu.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@nintendoboy16 said:

Bought two Blu-Rays, Sonic the Hedgehog and Guns Akimbo (Daniel Radcliffe).

Only saw the former with my younger brother last night. Enjoyed it quite a bit, but I think I still preferred Detective Pikachu.

And yet, Sonic the Hedgehog is getting a sequel and even I find it enjoyable then Detective Pikachu. Hell, Sonic made way more money then Detective Pikachu which I was shock to see mainly because its Pokemon, and if it couldn't make that much money compare to Sonic, then this tells me Pokemon franchise is slowly dying.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Chutebox

@i_p_daily said:
@uitravioience said:

HDR is the big thing when done right. I had a Panasonic Viera for 9yrs, and in 2018 I bought a Panasonic 50 inch full 4k HDR tv, and when I played AC Origins on the X with HDR is was stunning, and i'm not a graphics whore but the colours were awesome.

Ya, HDR is awesome. Got an OLED and then went to my dad's house and saw my brother playing on my old tv. Such a huge difference.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#130 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

I started watching Detective Pikachu, couldn't finish it. The visuals were better than those of Sonic, but Sonic was just a better movie overall.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

@Chutebox: oled is great but the hdr doesn’t quite “pop” as on high end lcd. Been rocking the Sony x900e, but I have the oled a8h coming in Tomorrow! Delicious 120hz black frame insertion on oled finally :)

HDR is pretty much an afterthought so far anyways. Standard blu rays and sdr gaming look far and away best on oled.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Chutebox

@Willy105 said:

I started watching Detective Pikachu, couldn't finish it. The visuals were better than those of Sonic, but Sonic was just a better movie overall.

I liked both and generally don't care for Pokemon at all. My kids are getting into it more and more though.../puke

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uitravioience said:

Ya, HDR is awesome. Got an OLED and then went to my dad's house and saw my brother playing on my old tv. Such a huge difference.

It is given that you have good enough panel that does it well enough, my old js8500 does hdr but it looks extremely meh, night and day difference to my living room c8

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Ghosts4ever

This board is now Ghost town. its too dead. barely any new threads or post.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ConanTheStoner  Online

Seems standard my friend.

But you can always unload on same 5 games you like and same 5 games you hate.

Make 10 threads at once. Go for the Chaz record.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:

Seems standard my friend.

But you can always unload on same 5 games you like and same 5 games you hate.

Make 10 threads at once. Go for the Chaz record.

i made interesting and unique thread day ago. but it was locked. dont know why.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online

My friend.

You were throwing shit at wall and it did not stick.

I admire your effort.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ConanTheStoner  Online

You should make dedication thread in the memory of comrade Sniper4321.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DaVillain  Moderator

@ghosts4ever said:

• Too many Cows and less lems & sheep thus too many obvious Sony threads
  • GS lost over 10,000 members over the years, this site is a shadow of its former-self
  • Everyone loses creativity as we get older and yeah, you won't see many new threads
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 clone01

@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

• GS lost over 10,000 members over the years, this site is a shadow of its former-self
  • Everyone loses creativity as we get older and yeah, you won't see many new threads

When trolls are allowed to create constant terrible posts, people get disinterested.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#141 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

@clone01 said:
@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

When trolls are allowed to create constant terrible posts, people get disinterested.

I mean, System Wars was made as a place to keep the trolls from infecting the rest of the site.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@clone01 said:
@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Back in the days, trolls put efforts into their threads and SW was made for stuff like this cause without it, GS would have been totally dead by now. Even few mods were good at this game.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 clone01

@Willy105 said:
@clone01 said:
@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

I mean, System Wars was made as a place to keep the trolls from infecting the rest of the site.

Absolutely, and the results can be fun. But in the case it's an alt who only contributes a limited palate of discussion, I think it discourages legitimate new users.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#144 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44355 Posts

I’d be surprised if there are more then 25 unique users around here these days. Anyway I think things are really going to pick up in the next week and onward as we’ll hopefully see more stuff from shown and announced soon for the upcoming launch of the Xbox Series X and PS5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Archangel3371 said:

I’d be surprised if there are more then 25 unique users around here these days. Anyway I think things are really going to pick up in the next week and onward as we’ll hopefully see more stuff from shown and announced soon for the upcoming launch of the Xbox Series X and PS5.

25, that's something only an alt in the know would say :P

In all honesty i'd say about a 100, and probably 100 alts.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#146 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44355 Posts

@i_p_daily: Shush, don’t tell anyone. 🤫

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

Linus Tech Tips is straight up advocating for white genocide on his twitter lol

And there's some epic gore footage coming out of these riots

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp

Champ,

Loading Video...

watch this. how is this a movie game in any sense?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Chutebox

He called him tramp lol

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Ghosts4ever

@Chutebox said:

He called him tramp lol

I press @ and saw so many champ users lol.