Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

@thatforumuser said:@Planeforger: if the libs illegally convict Donald J Trump he will get elected from jail and pardon himself

What if they legally convict him?

I mean, they have rock-solid evidence that he committed multiple crimes in relation to these documents. So any conviction here would be legitimate, and if he pardoned himself, that would be an immoral misuse of power.

*edit* In fact, I'd say the only way Trump can beat these charges is if the US justice system is totally corrupt and dysfunctional. For example, if the Trump-appointed judge stalls or dismisses valid evidence.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@sargentd said:

Really tired of this weekend at Bernie's skit with Joe Biden.

It's embarrassing to watch.

The only things Democrats are good at accomplishing:

Higher Crime

Higher Inflation

Higher illegal immigration

Higher Taxes

More War

And calling everyone a racist or homophobe for calling out their failures.

Usually a better economy, too.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@horgen: My opinion is that you shouldn't lose your right to vote, but people love forcing others into second class citizen status.

Not disagreeing with you about losing the right to vote. Find it weird though if Republicans aren’t against someone running for President from jaiL.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#104  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

@horgen: My opinion is that you shouldn't lose your right to vote, but people love forcing others into second class citizen status.

Not disagreeing with you about losing the right to vote. Find it weird though if Republicans aren’t against someone running for President from jaiL.

Implying Republicans have some sort of moral standard? xD

They voted in record numbers for an admitted sexual assaulter.

Pro tip: Assume 99.99% of Republican talking points and "concerns" are self-reports or projection.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 horgen  Moderator

@adrian1480 said:
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

Implying Republicans have some sort of moral standard? xD

They voted in record numbers for an admitted sexual assaulter.

Pro tip: Assume 99.99% of Republican talking points and "concerns" are self-reports or projection.

Oh I am well aware that many of their concerns are projections and more or less admitting to their wrongdoing. I am surprised by how easily their base swallows it. There is no will to think for themselves there.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

To be fair, only 80 percent are fine with it.

LOL.

Link

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@pyro1245 said:

@MirkoS77: I really think it's the latter. He does not think laws apply to him. He blatantly lies, constantly contradicts himself, and generally does not seem to give a shit about anything but himself.

I’m not so sure.

What’s remarkable to me is he was showing these documents to unauthorized people saying, ”isn’t that incredible?”, like a 12 year old who found his dad’s gun and is showing it to his friends to impress. I’ve always found his tweets to be infantile in nature, but that right there demonstrates a galling absence of deeper seated emotional and psychological development; absolutely no concept or degree of respect, gravitas or reverence to the broader responsibility that was vested in him or the ramifications exposing these secrets incurs to the greater. Our national secrets are merely relegated to means to inflate his sense of importance and narcissism, who cares about anything else?

The man is an absolute loon to be regarding our national secrets like this. AND THEY HAVE HIM ON TAPE!!! This unparalleled idiot did this all on his own.

Christ. Regardless to whether one hates or loves Trump, I don’t see how anyone who can claim themselves to care for America could even conceive of allowing this man access to our intelligence and highest seat of power ever again after this. He shouldn’t even be considered. Yet 10s of millions and the nigh entirety of the GOP are still blindly, irreversibly loyal and calling for civil war. Unreal.

regardless of what happens, 100 years from now kids learning us history will look back on trumps presidency with only 1 question.

JFC, what the hell were those idiots back then thinking electing that guy?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

@comp_atkins: I hope you are right, because if republicans win the history books are likely to be nothing more than propaganda.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

LOL.

Link

Oh it is only 80%. Oh dear.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

I hear he's having tough time building a legal team, and some of his lawyers bailed on him.

I would think, given the scope of his indictment, the parts about how he lied to even his own lawyers, so to have them write false statements to DOJ/FBI and put themselves at legal risk, that to me is probably the thing that's going to make it hard for him to retain counsel. Plus, he notoriously doesn't pay his lawyers... well, doesn't pay anybody for that matter.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

LOL.

Link

Oh it is only 80%. Oh dear.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

A bunch of rich twats decided after the Nixon that they didn't like all that accountability nonsense, so they made an elaborate 50 year scheme to turn a portion of the country stupid and regressive.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Planeforger
@lamprey263 said:

I hear he's having tough time building a legal team, and some of his lawyers bailed on him.

I would think, given the scope of his indictment, the parts about how he lied to even his own lawyers, so to have them write false statements to DOJ/FBI and put themselves at legal risk, that to me is probably the thing that's going to make it hard for him to retain counsel. Plus, he notoriously doesn't pay his lawyers... well, doesn't pay anybody for that matter.

Yeah, Trump likes to blur the lines between "attorney", "patsy", and "co-conspirator".

For those who haven't read it (i.e. most Republicans) - the indictment explains in detail about how Trump (1) asked his previous lawyers to help him hide and destroy evidence, (2) actively misled his own lawyers by hiding documents before his lawyer could inspect them, and (3) got another lawyer to provide a signed statement to the DOJ that he knew was factually untrue.

Basically, if you sign up as Trump's lawyer, you're probably going to become involved in criminal activity, you're going to be hated by the legal community, and you're not going to get paid. So it's not even worth it for the celebrity status.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#113  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

Not looking good for Trump!

Looking great for America though!

The truth will out!

@Planeforger said:
@lamprey263 said:

Yeah, Trump likes to blur the lines between "attorney", "patsy", and "co-conspirator".

For those who haven't read it (i.e. most Republicans) - the indictment explains in detail about how Trump (1) asked his previous lawyers to help him hide and destroy evidence, (2) actively misled his own lawyers by hiding documents before his lawyer could inspect them, and (3) got another lawyer to provide a signed statement to the DOJ that he knew was factually untrue.

Basically, if you sign up as Trump's lawyer, you're probably going to become involved in criminal activity, you're going to be hated by the legal community, and you're not going to get paid. So it's not even worth it for the celebrity status.

Many Trump allies, endorsers, and lawyers have served prison terms or been penalized in other ways:

• Michael Cohen went to prison, found guilty of:
    • Tax evasion, multiple counts
    • Making false statements
    • Unlawful corporate contribution
    • Making excessive contribution
    • Making false statements to Congress
  • Roger Stone, pardoned, is a felon, found guilty of:
    • Witness tampering
    • Obstructing official proceedings
    • Lying to Congress
  • Paul Manfort, likewise pardoned, was found guilty of:
    • Tax fraud, multiple counts
    • Bank fraud, multiple counts
    • Conspiracy, multiple counts

As you said, it does not pay to ally yourself with Trump.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 horgen  Moderator

@Vaasman said:

A bunch of rich twats decided after the Nixon that they didn't like all that accountability nonsense, so they made an elaborate 50 year scheme to turn a portion of the country stupid and regressive.

Ah the downside to life. Real consequences.

@lamprey263 said:

I am surprised he still has lawyers at all.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

The DOJ's ace in the hole is if they can ever convince Donald Trump to ever take the stand for cross examination, it's over, he'll dig his own grave if this ever happened and he'd probably get the death penalty when it was over. He'll of course refuse on advice of his lawyers, but Trump is a simple person, he's as goadable as a child on the school playground at recess, the prosecutor just has to talk to Donald like:

Loading Video...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Planeforger

Donnie's in a deep downward spiral. He's back to pretending the documents were planted accoridng to a Truth Social post:

“This is the Thug, overturned consistently and unanimously in big cases, that Biden and his CORRUPT Injustice Department stuck on me. He’s a Radical Right Lunatic and Trump Hater, as are all his friends and family, who probably ‘planted’ information in the ‘boxes’ given to them. They taint everything that they touch, including our Country, which is rapidly going to HELL!"

If that's the best defence he has, then it should be a really short trial.

Also, his unhinged rants will make it even harder for Trump to find a lawyer. How can anyone find any defence when the indictment is iron-clad and the defendant keeps publicly changing his story every week?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 horgen  Moderator

@Planeforger said:

Donnie's in a deep downward spiral. He's back to pretending the documents were planted accoridng to a Truth Social post:

“This is the Thug, overturned consistently and unanimously in big cases, that Biden and his CORRUPT Injustice Department stuck on me. He’s a Radical Right Lunatic and Trump Hater, as are all his friends and family, who probably ‘planted’ information in the ‘boxes’ given to them. They taint everything that they touch, including our Country, which is rapidly going to HELL!"

If that's the best defence he has, then it should be a really short trial.

Also, his unhinged rants will make it even harder for Trump to find a lawyer. How can anyone find any defence when the indictment is iron-clad and the defendant keeps publicly changing his story every week?

Right now it seems his only use for a lawyer is to make sure everything happens according to procedure.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Planeforger

@girlusocrazy: That's what he wrote. I have no idea why he wrote that.

@horgen: I guess lawyers can also help him organise his various appearances at court, since a judge has just allowed E Jean Carroll to extend her defamation lawsuit to include Trump's CNN Town Hall comments.

Also, all of this is just a prelude to the main event - the inevitable criminal charges for election tampering and J6.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts
Loading Video...

TRUMP 2024

AMERICA FIRST

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SargentD

TRUMP 2024

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

@sargentd: lmao dude. You completely lost it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

We all need our dreams after all lol.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts
@kathaariancode said:

He’s just doing it to troll for attention and provocation. Many Trump supporters support him precisely for this reason. Ignore it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#127 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

E's a baddie.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 SargentD

@davillain said:
@kathaariancode said:

We all need our dreams after all lol.

Best President

Worst president

Loading Video...

HelloStuart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 HelloStuart
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts

Today is Trump's birthday. You can tell because all his presents are wrapped in confidential documents.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

So, if Trump had quietly pardoned himself while still serving as president, he would have pulled that out by now, right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

So, if Trump had quietly pardoned himself while still serving as president, he would have pulled that out by now, right?

He only had to think it....

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Serraph105

So, Vivek Ramaswamy, Republican presidential candidate, has called on all other Republican presidential candidate to pledge to pardon Donald Trump, or explain why they will not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/13/us/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-trump-pardon.html

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SargentD

@Serraph105: kudos to Ramaswamy 👍

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Serraph105

@sargentd: you don't need to be pardoned if you don't do illegal shit.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SargentD

@Serraph105: you do when the DOJ has been weaponized to target political opposition

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SargentD

Why does she talk to her viewers like they are 3?

Loading Video...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Planeforger

@sargentd: The DOJ hasn't been weaponised. The GOP is just saying that because they have no other way to defend their frontrunner.

They know Trump is guilty, and their only option is to try to de-legitimise the investigation (although they know it's legitimate).

They tried the same tactic in the 2020 election. They knew they would lose the election, so they attacked the legitimacy of the election by pretending that it was rigged.

This is just a standard tactic in the Republican playbook. Act offended, play on fear, and hope their supporters never fact-check them or read any documents.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#138 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

because most people aren't terminally online. As such, explaining what's happening and why in detail becomes valuable for people who don't have all day like you do to inundate themselves with this information.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

@adrian1480 said:
@sargentd said:

because most people aren't terminally online. As such, explaining what's happening and why in detail becomes valuable for people who don't have all day like you do to inundate themselves with this information.

Lol, let's not pretend that sarge knows what the **** is happening, he's living in a fantasy land after all.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

@rmpumper: To be fair he also spends some time working on his Trump related homoerotic propaganda art.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

@Serraph105: you do when the DOJ has been weaponized to target political opposition

The DOJ is following the evidence. Biden isn't telling them what to do and it's a stupid idea since Biden's best bet is running against trump again. Trump has no path to victory. None.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic: Biden had to sign off on the marl a Lago raid

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SargentD

@adrian1480 said:
@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

That's fair. I do pay more attention than your average Rachel Madcow viewer. Because I do actually care about what is happening.

I hate it when the talking heads lie to the American people. Love calling them out on their garbage. I care about the Republic. I care about my country. I'm sick of watching the political establishment screw over the American people.

So yes I feel the need to speak out online and in RL.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 horgen  Moderator

@sargentd said:
@adrian1480 said:
@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

That's fair. I do pay more attention than your average Rachel Madcow viewer. Because I do actually care about what is happening.

I hate it when the talking heads lie to the American people. Love calling them out on their garbage. I care about the Republic. I care about my country. I'm sick of watching the political establishment screw over the American people.

Find this hard to believe.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 SargentD

@horgen said:
@sargentd said:
@adrian1480 said:
@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

Why? Because I don't just blindly follow the Democrats?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-biden-search-documents-461520270373

Doesn't seem quite true.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-biden-search-documents-461520270373

Doesn't seem quite true.

From your link

"The letter states that the archives made the FBI aware of the documents after determining some of them were considered highly classified. The FBI then requested permission from the White House to access the documents, which the Biden administration granted."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

From your link

"The letter states that the archives made the FBI aware of the documents after determining some of them were considered highly classified. The FBI then requested permission from the White House to access the documents, which the Biden administration granted."

Yes, that's standard procedure. It doesn't meant they told the FBI to go after trump. The archives were trying to seek them because they were taken illegally.

You quoted half the paragraph, this precedes it.

False. Monday’s court order does include the phrase “as requested by the incumbent president” but it’s not related to last month’s search at Mar-a-Lago. The phrase comes from a May letter from the National Archives denying Trump’s request to delay turning over documents to the FBI.

Also there this

Under the Presidential Records Act, any requests for presidential records held by the National Archives must be approved by the president, not archive officials.

This is how the White House was involved.

To conclude....

“It shows that DOJ made a request for access to an older set of documents independently and the White House affirmed it, which is standard,” she said at an Aug. 29 press briefing. “And when former President Trump attempted to assert executive privilege to block the FBI from assessing the document, President Biden deferred to the National Archives and the DOJ Office of Legal Counsel on the issue.”

Cherry picking is dishonest.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic: semantics

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 horgen  Moderator
@sargentd said:
@horgen said:
@sargentd said:
@adrian1480 said:

Why? Because I don't just blindly follow the Democrats?

Claims to care about the Republic yet support Trump.

You claim you don’t want a king but seem happy to support a wannabe dictator.