Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#152 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@sargentd said:

I care about the Republic. I care about my country.

😂🤣😂

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#153 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

@horgen said:
@sargentd said:
@horgen said:
@sargentd said:
@adrian1480 said:

because most people aren't terminally online. As such, explaining what's happening and why in detail becomes valuable for people who don't have all day like you do to inundate themselves with this information.

That's fair. I do pay more attention than your average Rachel Madcow viewer. Because I do actually care about what is happening.

I hate it when the talking heads lie to the American people. Love calling them out on their garbage. I care about the Republic. I care about my country. I'm sick of watching the political establishment screw over the American people.

So yes I feel the need to speak out online and in RL.

Find this hard to believe.

Why? Because I don't just blindly follow the Democrats?

Claims to care about the Republic yet support Trump.

You claim you don’t want a king but seem happy to support a wannabe dictator.

A wannabe dictator would probably sick the DOJ after their political rivals, maybe try to get them locked up on bogus charges to stop them from running against them.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 SargentD
Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

I care about the Republic. I care about my country.

😂🤣😂

Grass Roots Baby!!

AMERICA FIRST 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

Loading Video...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@sargentd said:

A wannabe dictator would probably sick the DOJ after their political rivals, maybe try to get them locked up on bogus charges to stop them from running against them.

How about Jan 6th? Or the fake electors? Or the obvious lies about the stolen elections?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@horgen said:
@sargentd said:

How about Jan 6th? Or the fake electors? Or the obvious lies about the stolen elections?

MAGAs don't really care about America, just themselves.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@sargentd said:

MAGAs don't really care about America, just themselves.

They seem to care about digging holes for themselves.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 SargentD

@horgen said:
@sargentd said:

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@horgen said:
@sargentd said:

So you glossed over fight like hell?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

After a 70 minute inflammatory speech it's hilarious to think that a tweet makes it all be ok.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 horgen  Moderator

@kathaariancode said:

After a 70 minute inflammatory speech it's hilarious to think that a tweet makes it all be ok.

“Guided” tour you mean?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SargentD

Full speech by Trump on Jan 6 in DC

@horgen said:
@kathaariancode said:

“Guided” tour you mean?

It was a great speech 👍👍👍👍

Here it is in full.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#164 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

His lawyers have to be pulling their hair out of their skulls. He's making public statements that are making things worse. He's throwing the whole "didn't know he had them" excuse out the windows, seems the only defense he'll have room to attempt is that he had a right to have these and that's going to be a losing strategy.

Worse is I hear he's not even listening to people who tell him what he needs to hear, he listens to those who tell him what he wants to hear. He's screwed if he keeps people qualified to advise him on legal matters at an arms length so he can be buttered up by an entarage of worthless sycophants.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 SargentD

Legendary !!!

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SargentD
@lamprey263 said:

His lawyers have to be pulling their hair out of their skulls. He's making public statements that are making things worse. He's throwing the whole "didn't know he had them" excuse out the windows, seems the only defense he'll have room to attempt is that he had a right to have these and that's going to be a losing strategy.

Worse is I hear he's not even listening to people who tell him what he needs to hear, he listens to those who tell him what he wants to hear. He's screwed if he keeps people qualified to advise him on legal matters at an arms length so he can be buttered up by an entarage of worthless sycophants.

What's on these documents? You know? Lol

These were documents Trump had access to as president correct? So he's always been to have access to these documents.

Didn't the archives come by to Marl a Lago and tell him to put a second lock on the door? So they knew he had em, he told them he had em and showed them to them.. 😂

The presidential records act should be a civil case...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 SargentD

Well said !!

Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@lamprey263 said:

These were documents Trump had access to as president correct? So he's always been to have access to these documents.

Didn't the archives come by to Marl a Lago and tell him to put a second lock on the door? So they knew he had em, he told them he had em and showed them to them.. 😂

Nope. Trump made it a felony. Also he took extremely sensitive documents that are national security threat. Classified documents are in a SCIF. Not out in the wild. You also have to have a need to know in addition to the correct security clearance. Trump no longer has a need to know.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

@sargentd: You obviously haven't read the indictment, if you're asking such basic questions about the documents and what happened.

Please actually read it. Seriously. It's 49 pages, but it's an easy read that explains exactly where Trump messed up (for example, by asking his lawyers to hide the documents, and intentionally removing documents from the pile and then swearing that he had returned them).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 lamprey263

@sargentd said:

He's being charged under the criminal statues contained within the Espionage Act. This includes the mishandling and retention of classified materials. Many charged with crimes of this nature have access to classified materials as part of their job, they get in trouble because they retain them illegally. He likely would have seen no trouble if he'd simply given them back, but he still wanted to retain them, lied to investigators, pulled others into his cover up. This is criminal snowballing of offenses and he deserves to get what's coming to him. There's probably room for more charges. At some point the prosecutors got to keep it simple for the jury. Also, there are crimes related to this that might go to a different federal court. Right now the charges he are facing are narrowed to crimes committed within the appropriate federal venue, i.e. the crimes he committed in Flordia. Jack Smith still has a DC grand jury and any crimes related to this stemming from actions in DC will be handled at a more suitable venue for that location.

He just doesn't get to take these with him because he had access to them while in White House. Sure, maybe there is a civil case in there somewhere, but I think the criminal acts are a greater priority. like if someone was speeding at 100mph running countless red lights and ends up slamming into a family killing everyone, all the kids and a pregnant wife, pretty sure the prosecutor isn't going to be too concerned with traffic tickets.

And who cares if I know what was in them? There's no denying there's a whole spectrum of classified materials he shouldn't have had. Plus, be doesn't deny having them, rather he's affirmed that he's had them. And what's it matter they asked him to lock where he stored his documents? Didn't mean he wasn't breaking laws by possessing documents he already shouldn't have had. They asked him for over a year to hand over any and all documents he had. If you're trying to make the case he was compliant, that's preposterous.

Sure, his MAGA cult can try clinging to the spin that this is a Presidential Records Act case (which it isn't), that's just a good feelings circle jerk that will amount to nothing. If there was any merit to this act of desperation the judge would dismiss the case before it went to trial, but if it does go to trial then this line of reasoning has run its course. Anything pertaining to this as a defense might not even see the light of day before a jury as the prosecution will likely get any attempt to even bring up such a defense suppressed from the trial in the evidentiary hearing.

Trump's cheerleaders are just like him. They don't listen to what they need to hear. They tune it out and only listen to what they want to hear. Well, you can't manifest a delusion into reality by wanting it to be true.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 MirkoS77

People keep saying Trump can still be president from prison if he’s convicted and somehow re-elected, but AFAIK he’s being charged under the Espionage Act.

Isn‘t one of the penalties of being found guilty under this the inability to hold public office again?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

I can be guilty for using links, maybe more than the next. But these videos in this thread are really damn obnoxious. And I mean how they take up a lot of real estate. I swear if I get carpal tunnel from scrolling past all this hogwash, well, that would suck. But not as much as those videos and pics! Why not try to convince or persuade the other side, rather than shovel a bunch of bullshit! It's unconvincing propaganda, because he's in trouble now!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#174 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Planeforger: He needs a far-right talking head on Youtube to "read" it for him.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 SargentD

@DEVILinIRON said:

I can be guilty for using links, maybe more than the next. But these videos in this thread are really damn obnoxious. And I mean how they take up a lot of real estate. I swear if I get carpal tunnel from scrolling past all this hogwash, well, that would suck. But not as much as those videos and pics! Why not try to convince or persuade the other side, rather than shovel a bunch of bullshit! It's unconvincing propaganda, because he's in trouble now!

Hey it's content for the thread.

Russel did a great video on the espionage act. You should check it out when you have time and let me know what you took from it 👍

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#176 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

If Donald believes in himself he can do anything.

Just gotta' believe.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SargentD

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Planeforger: He needs a far-right talking head on Youtube to "read" it for him.

Not sure if the Hill counts as far right, but give it a listen and tell me what you think 👍

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 SargentD

@lamprey263: are you a fan of the Espionage act?

Is it something you support? Has it been used with good intentions by the federal government in your opinion?

Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: It's used correctly in this instance.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 SargentD

Thank you Tulsi for bringing up what millions of us are seeing.

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By MirkoS77
@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

Spot on, all the way up to 1:02.

Describes Trump, the GOP, and the sycophantic cult around him to a tee. Trump, his craven party, and his treasonous cultists are the ones who are an internal threat to this democracy. Biden didn't go after Trump, but I agree that this persecution is partly political. If you attempt to undermine faith in our elections, try to overturn them undemocratically, storm our Capitol, take classified information and brag about and share it openly, you're damn right you're going to make enemies in our highest institutions.

Rightly so. Operate within the democratic norms of this country, respect and value them, and you'll be treated fairly. Don't? Then cry me a river when you catch the malice of those who actually do. You'll be treated like an enemy, which is exactly what you are.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 SargentD

@MirkoS77: basically you want a puppet president that plays a "good boy" for the political establishment. You want someone who blindly takes orders, not a leader. Not someone with an actual political agenda separate of the beauracrats currently in place in government. Not someone who will do what they believe to be right, but someone who will follow orders.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 SargentD

Was driving around for work, saw this guy's property trimmed out with that MAGA flair, thought I'd share!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

@MirkoS77: basically you want a puppet president that plays a "good boy" for the political establishment. You want someone who blindly takes orders, not a leader. Not someone with an actual political agenda separate of the beauracrats currently in place in government. Not someone who will do what they believe to be right, but someone who will follow orders.

Most people want a president that adheres to the Constitution.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: He's in a cult.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic: strong conviction in his beliefs. I see this more and more everyday.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

@LJS9502_basic: strong conviction in his beliefs. I see this more and more everyday.

No that's cult behavior. I see this more and more everyday.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

Spot on, all the way up to 1:02.

Describes Trump, the GOP, and the sycophantic cult around him to a tee. Trump, his craven party, and his treasonous cultists are the ones who are an internal threat to this democracy. Biden didn't go after Trump, but I agree that this persecution is partly political. If you attempt to undermine faith in our elections, try to overturn them undemocratically, storm our Capitol, take classified information and brag about and share it openly, you're damn right you're going to make enemies in our highest institutions.

Rightly so. Operate within the democratic norms of this country, respect and value them, and you'll be treated fairly. Don't? Then cry me a river when you catch the malice of those who actually do. You'll be treated like an enemy, which is exactly what you are.

Clear double standard. So clear it's gross.

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 lamprey263

@sargentd: the DOJ's enforcement of the Espionage Act against Trump seems to be applied as the law is intended. I support it. Despite that, there's no indication on Trump's part he intended to do any good with these classified documents by retaining them.

Someone like Reality Winner got sentenced to 5 years for leaking just one document, with information arguably of great public interest, an NSA document detailing Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential elections. I think in her case she's a bit of a martyr in some ways. Whereas someone like Bradley/Chelsea Manning, despite some small amount of the stuff leaked being of important public interest, like the killing of the journalist in Iraq that got classified to cover it up, but there were several hundred thousands documents collected and leaked and Manning could not have had any idea what was in them, just collected them and handed them to WikiLeaks, frankly I was always fine with Manning's conviction because it goes beyond what being a whistle-blower is about.

Here, Trump's not a whistleblower, so can't to compare it to other instances the Espionage Act has been enforced. Trump has no reason to have these except his own gratification and self-aggrandizing, and possibly trying to profit from them. They know about 4 dozen classified documents are missing and it's troubling to know he was constantly having the boxes containing them moved around, loaded on his plane as he traveled he flies not just across the US, but overseas on as well. No doubt Jack Smith will be pursuing more on the matter, possibly with the DC grand jury.

Yeah, I support his prosecution, hope he's convicted and I hope they throw the book at him, and I hope his supporters come to their sanity for once. And for a man who for years gave speeches about the importance of proper handling of classified material to be an aggregious offender, he's not getting deference for feigned ignorance or some labored abstract defence this is somehow a less serious issue related to the Presidential Records Act. It's a serious offense, amd he should be facing serious time for it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SargentD
Loading Video...

Love seeing people pay attention. Great listen. 👍

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 KathaarianCode

@sargentd: Did you spent the whole day coping through feel good videos? Don't you think that's a bit much over a politician?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By SargentD

@kathaariancode: business man 👍

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#193 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

@sargentd said:

Was driving around for work, saw this guy's property trimmed out with that MAGA flair, thought I'd share!

Signs or no, that is some top quality grass trimming.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:

Signs or no, that is some top quality grass trimming.

Pristine <3

Loading Video...
EastLand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 EastLand
Member since 2018 • 300 Posts

@lamprey263: if you were to investigate every president past and present with the same scrutiny as Donald Trump, you'd have to lock them all up. This is all just a political pantomime.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 KathaarianCode

@eastland: Why have a legal system at all, am I right?

EastLand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 EastLand

@kathaariancode: If it's applied equally to everyone, the problem is it isn't.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 KathaarianCode

@eastland: As if Trump isn't a privileged conman who played with justice all his life.

EastLand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 EastLand

@kathaariancode: As I said you could apply that to every president, including the sitting president right now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 LJS9502_basic

@eastland said:

@kathaariancode: As I said you could apply that to every president, including the sitting president right now.

Which other president took extremely sensitive documents dealing with our national security and left it out for the public to see? Which other president incited an insurrection?