Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1051 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex said:

@horgen: I get everything within a few days, but I only order computer marts from my own country and marked "in stock". But even if you ordered it from abroad, I don't see why it would take more than a few weeks.

So a year and two months is a little to long? Its PSU btw.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#1052 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@horgen said:
@PfizersaurusRex said:

@horgen: I get everything within a few days, but I only order computer marts from my own country and marked "in stock". But even if you ordered it from abroad, I don't see why it would take more than a few weeks.

That is ridiculous. Just cancel it and buy another one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1053  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58378 Posts

@horgen said:
@PfizersaurusRex said:

Dude for real? You ordered it 14 months ago? Literally?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1054 horgen  Moderator

@BassMan: @mrbojangles25:Yeah. I forgot about it. I have a fully working one. EVGA G2 1300W or something like that. For when I ran 980Ti SLI.

So I got two computers. The other one had an older Corsair 750W unit that I replaced with a P2 750W from EVGA. That one arrived within 6 weeks or so I think. (Wait... Took 3 months. From late July to November).

August last year I ordered a EVGA T2. Still haven't received it. I think I need to contact the shop about it.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1055 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2144 Posts

B550 Gaming Plus, 3900X, Dark Rock Pro 4, Ripjaws V 3600CL16, 3060Ti FE, 1TB 970 Evo, 1TB 840 Evo, 650W Leadex III.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1057 BassMan  Online

@rmpumper: Looking good. That is a nice build.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1058 horgen  Moderator

Yeah it is a nice one. So much that the GPU power cable annoys me :P

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#1059 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts
@horgen said:

So a year and two months is a little to long? Its PSU btw...

I replaced with a P2 750W from EVGA. That one arrived within 6 weeks or so I think. (Wait... Took 3 months. From late July to November).

i'm really surprised the order wasn't cancelled on the retailer's end long before this time. i may be wary of dealing with them from now on if they're really not tracking orders and keeping them up-to-date.

i might find six weeks acceptable considering the shortages of random products over the last couple years but would probably look elsewhere anyway.

where are you ordering from that wait times have been so crazy?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1060 horgen  Moderator

@elessarGObonzo said:
@horgen said:

So a year and two months is a little to long? Its PSU btw...

I replaced with a P2 750W from EVGA. That one arrived within 6 weeks or so I think. (Wait... Took 3 months. From late July to November).

i'm really surprised the order wasn't cancelled on the retailer's end long before this time. i may be wary of dealing with them from now on if they're really not tracking orders and keeping them up-to-date.

i might find six weeks acceptable considering the shortages of random products over the last couple years but would probably look elsewhere anyway.

where are you ordering from that wait times have been so crazy?

Northen Europe. I haven't been given a reason for why the waiting time is so long. I am speculating that I am perhaps the only one who have ordered it, and due to little demand, the shop simply doesn't bother to order it from the vendor.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1061  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

Updated my gaming rig just the Motherboard and CPU I got on Black Friday aka Ryzen 9 5900X and the Asrock Steel Legend cause I'm pretty much done with MSI boards for my liking.

• Motherboard: Asrock Steel Legend RGB
  • Case: Thermaltake V200 TG
  • PSU: EVGA 750 Gold
  • Storage: 2 1TB NVME M.2 Samsung & 2 SSD 500
  • 16GB 3200 RAM
  • CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 50
  • CPU: Ryzen 9: 5900X
  • GPU: RTX 2070
  • Monitor: 27inch 1440p/165hz G-sync Predator
  • Xbox Elite Controller
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1062 BassMan  Online

@davillain-: Looking good. Beastly CPU.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1063 DaVillain  Moderator

@BassMan: Thanks. Plan to overclock the beast of my 5900X soon and won't upgrade it for the next 3/4 years. All that's left is finding 3070Ti and the good news is, GPU supplies have been getting better but slowly better so I'll buy one in January when all the crazy holidays is over with.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1064  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2445 Posts

Bought a fourth WD Red hard drive, a RAID controller (SATA expander) and a SATA power splitter for my NAS. The last two because the PSU only has four SATA power ports and the motherboard only four SATA ports. Expanding from three 12 TB hard drives to four 12 TB hard drives, in RAID 5. The NAS is in another room than my TV and PC because I don't want the noise.

It's now redistributing all the data and parity over the four drives. I started two hours ago and it's still at only 2 percent. This is gonna takes weeks! To give an idea of what I'm looking at in my web browser, for those unfamiliar.

The computer used to be an HTPC, but I don't need one anymore. Never really needed one. I've got my bike stand crooked because I don't want the roomba to hit the computer case.

Oh, forgot to mention, I'm waiting for mounting brackets for that fourth hard drive. I lost the ones that came with my case.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1065  Edited By BassMan  Online

@warm_gun: Any particular reason for the raid setup? Why not just have a fast SSD for files that need quick access and transfers and then a regular HDD for things like large movie files that don't need quick access or fast transfer speeds?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1066  Edited By Warm_Gun
@BassMan said:

@warm_gun: Any particular reason for the raid setup? Why not just have a fast SSD for files that need quick access and transfers and then a regular HDD for things like large movie files that don't need quick access or fast transfer speeds?

I like the idea of being able to rebuild the data if one hard drive fails. It gives me much less data that I absolutely have to back up. I can rip, remux and sync (for example, audio tracks only present on other releases or the included Blu-ray reissue) most of the movies and TV shows that I currently have on the NAS again, but it's a huge bother. I backed most of it before starting the expansion, in case something went wrong, and still only had space for about 70 percent of it on my external hard drives and what was available on my PC. I'm eagerly waiting for this to finish so that I can back up what's on my computer again and stop worrying about a system failure that destroys the only copies (even though that has never happened to any of my own computers).

The RAID isn't even that fast. The first three hard drives are only 5400 RPM and the new 7200 should be getting throttled to that automatically, from what I've read. I had to get the updated version because Western Digital doesn't make the 5400 12 TB Red drives anymore. Seagate doesn't have one for RAID either. The NAS is only for videos, so I don't need an SSD.

10 percent now. So it will probably be finished in five days. After that I have to resize the capacity, however that works.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1067 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

@warm_gun: Nice roadie. Is that a 105 groupset?

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1068 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Got me a 1TB 970 Evo Plus. But ditching HDD's for good is what I'm really happy about. XD

Looking at all this free space I'm thinking an ITX or micro ATX cube case would be better. As long as it's Fractal Design and can fit NH-D14.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1069 Warm_Gun

@PfizersaurusRex said:

@warm_gun: Nice roadie. Is that a 105 groupset?

On the right? No. It's the Shimano Claris groupset. I'm surprised you can make it out at all. The bike on the left is my brother's.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#1070 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Bought a new build, only the second pre-build I have ever bought. Got sick of waiting for the shit to appear online.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1071  Edited By Warm_Gun
@warm_gun said:
10 percent now. So it will probably be finished in five days. After that I have to resize the capacity, however that works.

Oh, it resized to 32.74 TB right after completing the RAID expansion. I started at 2:45 PM on Thursday and finished at 7:14 PM on Sunday. Three days and four and a half hours to redistribute 21 TB of data and parity.

Edit: Nope, even though it showed 32.74 TB, only 21.7 TB were accessible. Had to go to "File System" to resize.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1073 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

These dropped on my doorstep today....I guess, just because I can.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1074 BassMan  Online

@neatfeatguy: What are your plans for the GPUs?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1075 DaVillain  Moderator

@BassMan said:

Sell'em to the highest bitter I bet🤑😈

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1077  Edited By Warm_Gun

@girlusocrazy said:

@warm_gun: Curious, do you shuck drives?

No. I only have a single hard drive I'm not using, a 1 TB from when I first had my own computer.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1078  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts
@davillain said:
@BassMan said:

Sell'em to the highest bitter I bet🤑😈

Thought has crossed my mind.

I'm not so sure about keeping the 3070. The 3070Ti I might be on to hold on to for the time being. First time in a long time I've been financially secure (stupid housing market tanking back in 2008 screwed us up) that I have some extra funds, so having the 3070Ti for backup should my 3080 take a dump might be a good idea.

If I let the 3070 go I'll see if I can just break even on it since I got it on the higher end of the 3070 pricing, not scalper price, but high enough that trying to flip I wouldn't see much on my return. Then again, I kind of like the idea of collecting them - I've got cards going up from the 3060 to the 3080, I've got one of each in my possession right now.

• 3060 in the Plex server, can double up on it for gaming if ever needed.
  • 3060Ti in the kid's gaming computer
  • 3070 - got it because I could
  • 3070Ti - got it because I could
  • 3080 in my gaming system

I passed along another 3060Ti to my younger brother, told him to sell his 5700XT while they're still fetching a good price on ebay.

I know, you're saying, if you have a 3070 or 3070Ti why don't you put in the kid's gaming computer? The 3060Ti is more than plenty for 1080p gaming and should last 4-5 years without flinching on that resolution. Plus, the 3060Ti is smaller and fits the case better.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1081 BassMan  Online

@neatfeatguy: Using them in home computers and helping out family members is good stuff. Scalping them is not cool. Also, having them as a backup is a waste. You should sell the 3070 Ti to @davillain for a fair price. I know he is looking for one.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1082  Edited By BassMan  Online

Upgrade time....

Asus TUF X570-Pro

AMD 5950X

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 CL16 (16-16-16-36 XMP, Samsung B-Die, Dual Channel, Dual Rank)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1083 horgen  Moderator

@BassMan: You gotta post pics when you have it up and running?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1084  Edited By BassMan  Online

@horgen: I don't want to disappoint, but there is nothing to see really. I am using the same case as before (Fractal Design Define R5). It is a closed case with no windows. It is also hidden behind my monitor. I only bought the RGB RAM because it was a good price. I don't use any RGB except on my keyboard so I can see the keys. I am definitely more about the performance than what it looks like.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1085 horgen  Moderator

@BassMan said:

@horgen: I don't want to disappoint, but there is nothing to see really. I am using the same case as before (Fractal Design Define R5). It is a closed case with no windows. It is also hidden behind my monitor. I only bought the RGB RAM because it was a good price. I don't use any RGB except on my keyboard so I can see the keys. I am definitely more about the performance than what it looks like.

This is so wrong. Your computer is supposed to be the main source of light in your house. Everybody knows those RGB lights makes it go faster. Seriously, this is basic knowledge. :P

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1086  Edited By BassMan  Online

@horgen: Losing performance with the RGB lights off?! Damn it! I am turning on every RGB light and ordering 20 RGB strips. hehe ;)

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1087  Edited By Warm_Gun
@BassMan said:

*Place fist here*

Even the brightness of my keyboard is really low. One level above off.

I don't even have the LED from my power button plugged into the motherboard.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1088 BassMan  Online

@warm_gun:

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1089 Warm_Gun

I kept trying to figure out why my NAS slowed down every couple of weeks or sometimes days until I restarted it. I worried that there was an issue with one of the disks. But it was just the network switch that splits the Ethernet going into my bedroom to the computer and TV. Was so relieved when the speeds returned to normal after unplugging the switch. Annoying that I can't use the switch anymore or would keep having to restart it if I did, but at least it's not one of the expensive disks. Makes me wonder about somehow turning the computer into a network switch. I rarely use the TV's network features, though. Haven't in months. It's just that some of the streaming services play better on Android.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1090  Edited By Warm_Gun

Happened again. Speeds fluctuated between 15 and 30 mbps. Noticed it when one of my DVD-ripped shows kept skipping. Didn't wanna bother my brother by resetting the router. Doubt that's it anyway. Because after I turned the NAS off for five seconds and turned it back on, I could right away copy at a constant 113 mbps. Don't even know how to troubleshoot it without buying and testing expensive parts, like a RAID controller. The SATA splitter I bought already cost around forty dollars.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1FR-00BS-000D3?Item=9SIAX3GETV7720

It takes sometimes weeks for the speeds to slow down, so I couldn't even use return windows for these tests probably. OMV's diagnostics don't really seem to tell me anything useful either. That gap after 2:50 today is when I unplugged or turned it off.

Seems to happen more often after I remux or move many movies.

Wonder if it could be the power supply. It's 400 Watts, but four hard drives, one SSD, two sticks of RAM and a Ryzen 3 shouldn't be using that much power. Happened also before I added the latest HDD and SATA expansion card.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1091  Edited By Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

Went a very non-gamey style this time around, wanted it to blend with my living room and double as a work station. Got a custom built desk done locally out of 100+ year old reclaimed wood, it's super sturdy and has zero wobble (it's a tank). The $10 foot cushion and hammock are probably the best part though, lol... always the simple things.

PC wise 3080/5900x combo and the panel is a PG35VQ

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1092  Edited By BassMan  Online

@Yama: Everything looks great. Very nice setup.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1093 horgen  Moderator

@Yama: The monitor stand... It's something on the underside of the desk as well, right?

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1094 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

@BassMan said:

@Yama: Everything looks great. Very nice setup.

Thank you!

@horgen said:

@Yama: The monitor stand... It's something on the underside of the desk as well, right?

Yeah, it clamps down around the underside of the desk.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1095 DaVillain  Moderator

Finally!!! (@BassMan@horgen)

Went into Micro Center and didn't think they had any GPU's but when I saw the MSI 3070Ti in stock, I couldn't blow this chance. Despite I know the RTX 4000 series is coming this year, I won't bother or take chances if the RTX 4000 series becomes a repeat like the 3000 series.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1096 BassMan  Online

@davillain: Congrats man! I like how you even strapped it in for a safe trip home. Hehe :)

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1097  Edited By Warm_Gun
@warm_gun said:

Wonder if it could be the power supply. It's 400 Watts, but four hard drives, one SSD, two sticks of RAM and a Ryzen 3 shouldn't be using that much power. Happened also before I added the latest HDD and SATA expansion card.

NAS had been making a noise every forty or so seconds for a while. Seemed to become more frequent after we had another outage two weeks ago. Transfer speeds also became far worse around that time, but possibly earlier than that. Took the NAS into my room where I could monitor it more closely. Noticed that whenever that noise was emitted, the transfer speeds fell to zero. Figured it was probably one of the hard drives rebooting repeatedly due to insufficient power. Plugged the NAS into my PC's Corsair CX650M power supply to see, without removing either of the PSUs, so it looked like one car feeding another with its battery using those cables. NAS ran much quieter than with the EVGA 400 watt PSU, but more importantly, I no longer heard that noise. Few hours later I went to Best Buy, bought another CX650M and put it in the NAS. 650 watts is a lot for that RAID setup, but the other reputable option on the shelves was EVGA again. No thanks. Speeds have been steady for two days now. I have been watching movies over the network for the first time in weeks. Today I watched a 78 mbps 4K movie over the network. No lag or freezes with either movie. Hopefully this also fixes the speeds slowing down after a few weeks.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#1098  Edited By elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

not much updated internally since last pic except the newer RTX 3080 Ti.

getting closer to time for a full dismantle and cleaning about a year into use.

slight update, found my missing Intel mounting standoff after a year or so stuck to pump's magnetic OLED mounting.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1099 DaVillain  Moderator

@elessarGObonzo: Man that looks awesome!

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1100  Edited By Warm_Gun

Replaced my GPU fans with two 120 mm and attached an L brace underneath (the thing that says "UP") so that the card doesn't sag. Decent reduction in noise after setting an MSI Afterburner profile. Yes, I know my cable management is spectacular.