Kevin McCarthy gives Tucker Carlson access to all Jan 6 footage. Chuck Schumer and Mitch McConnell Big Mad!

• 176 results
InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:
@InEMplease said:

@MirkoS77: The republicans can try to ignore it to their best interest, but that's just because it was a practice coup.

It would be in everyone else's interest to not ignore it, right?

Sure.

Don‘t mean to imply it should be ignored; I’m just failing to see what republicans are gaining by revisiting it in these revisionist attempts. It’s frankly insulting when we have all the footage that contradicts the narrative they’re trying so desperately to weave.

What‘s the point they’re trying to make?

Cruelty is the point. They don't have to gain anything, as long as the other side loses something.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 512 Posts

I honestly don't know what's more hilarious about Tucker. The fact that Jon Stewart destroyed him so badly on his own show it got cancelled and he never wore a bow tie again, or the fact that he has that confused deadpan look on his face when facts are explained like you're explaining sex to him for the first time in his life.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

I just don't understand why we are still arguing over this.

What happened that day (and the events leading up to it, and following it) are terrible.

I don't understand why we can't unite behind that. And are things so bad for the right they have to champion Tucker Carlson?! Are you not aware what's going on with him, FOX News, and others right now? Why are you still taking him serious?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

What happened that day (and the events leading up to it, and following it) are terrible.

I don't understand why we can't unite behind that. And are things so bad for the right they have to champion Tucker Carlson?! Are you not aware what's going on with him, FOX News, and others right now? Why are you still taking him serious?

Not to mention Tucker "passionately" hates their orange hero.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I need to just stop looking for a real, genuine reason they do this. I don't think there is a shred of logic.

I keep trying to understand but is there any understanding to be had?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I need to just stop looking for a real, genuine reason they do this. I don't think there is a shred of logic.

I think some people just really really want to see other people upset/disadvantaged. Must make them feel better about themselves but deep down I think they're miserable, unhappy, unsuccessful people.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@sargentd said:

Discuss.

Found this quote apt for the TC,

It's pretty astonishing in how much Tucker absolutely despises his own audience and his audience seems to be totally fine with it. This is some kind of truly weird psychological masochism going on.

No one thinks Tucker Carlson viewers are dumber than Tucker Carlson does.

Tucker, who is very much among the elite you hate, thinks you are scum beneath his feat. This has been proven by multiple court cases. He probably can't help but laugh at how unintelligent you are, while he counts his cash.

Tucker Carlson – who admitted to lying to Fox News viewers – defends George Santos in sarcastic attack on the press | The Independent

The Legal Defense For Fox's Tucker Carlson: He Can't Be Literally Believed : NPR

This is some kind of bizarre Stockholm syndrome or self-humiliation kink going on. For you, not Tucker. He's just getting rich off of you.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8273 Posts
Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I want the truth.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I want the truth.

The truth was in front of your eyes on January 6.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SargentD
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I want the truth.

No it wasn't. The media showed specific parts the legislative branch chose to show. The full footage just got released. It's crazy that it was even being withheld by the legislative branch. Should have gone to the DOJ from the get-go it's evidence. They denied people video evidence that the government was holding before their trials. Now the full footage can get out.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SargentD
Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@sargentd said:

No it wasn't. The media showed specific parts the legislative branch chose to show. The full footage just got released. It's crazy that it was even being withheld by the legislative branch. Should have gone to the DOJ from the get-go it's evidence. They denied people video evidence that the government was holding before their trials. Now the full footage can get out.

Yeah they showed the violence that was happening. Are you pretending windows were not bashed in, that mobs didn't run through congress? Are you pretending they didn't bring a noose and shout hang Mike Pence? That's ALL fact.

Carlson is the one editing the video to show what he doesn't even believe happened all for ratings. He's lied to you the entire time and you STILL believe him? That's sad.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17670 Posts

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I want the truth.

To demonstrate what? What point is going to be proven, or what truth do you believe is going to be revealed?

If you’re hoping that Jan. 6th is going to be reframed as some peaceful protest, that’s not the truth. There’s an abundance of footage of chaos, violence, of barricades being overrun, of cops being assaulted and intimidated up the stairs inside the Capitol, of the crowd chanting “Hang Mike Pence!”, of the desecration of the grounds, of attacking the media. We have footage of people being shot, windows and doors being broken down by enraged mobs, and members of Congress scrambling for their lives and cowering under their desks.

Any footage that comes out is complimentary to the truth of what already exists and what’s already been established by all of that, it’s not replacing it. Your side has no argument, because you’re trying to defend the indefensible.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I want the truth.

You can't handle the truth!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

$

the answer is $

his audience eats this shit up.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

The stupidity is real.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zaryia
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

Discuss.

Found this quote apt for the TC,

It's pretty astonishing in how much Tucker absolutely despises his own audience and his audience seems to be totally fine with it. This is some kind of truly weird psychological masochism going on.

No one thinks Tucker Carlson viewers are dumber than Tucker Carlson does.

Tucker, who is very much among the elite you hate, thinks you are scum beneath his feat. This has been proven by multiple court cases. He probably can't help but laugh at how unintelligent you are, while he counts his cash.

Tucker Carlson – who admitted to lying to Fox News viewers – defends George Santos in sarcastic attack on the press | The Independent

The Legal Defense For Fox's Tucker Carlson: He Can't Be Literally Believed : NPR

This is some kind of bizarre Stockholm syndrome or self-humiliation kink going on. For you, not Tucker. He's just getting rich off of you.

Why ignore this Sarg? Do you know you're being duped?

Can you refute the fact checks to this fake news from Tucker?

• PolitiFact | Tucker Carlson airs Jan. 6 footage, downplays violence at the US Capitol
    • Posts misrepresent rioter’s actions in Jan. 6 Capitol attack | AP News
    • To no surprise, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson downplays Jan. 6 - Poynter
    • How Tucker Carlson is wrong about Jan. 6 - The Washington Post

I have presented recent court documents (Dominion v Fox) in addition to the multiple fact checks to Tucker's recent misleading representation of January 6th ITT. This means you either have some sort of condition IRL, or that you are trolling. Pick 1.

Please offer valid citation in refuting the above. Your refusal to do so is an admitting to posting false information and intentionally trolling and/or flame baiting.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SargentD

@zaryia: I truly don't care about Tuckers show. I'm not invested. However I do have interest in how Jan 6th was presented to the general public. I do believe the January 6 hearings were one sided and I do believe a lot of footage was excluded on purpose to push a narrative to the American people. I do believe the federal government had agents in the crowd as well. The DOJ refused to even answer on the stand if any agents were involved. I do think it's strange Ray Epps was on camera inciting people to tear down barricades, I do find it strange he was on the most wanted list and then immediately removed a day later. I find it strange he was no charged but people that were just standing around were. I do think the people awaiting trial for being on the capitals grounds that day were not given a fair trial, that video evidence should have been given to the DOJ immediately and each person charged should have been allowed access to it, being it's video evidence and would help clarify guilt or innocence for a lot of these people.

Was there violence and property damage? Yes?

Was that the majority of the people there? No.

We should have been able to see all this footage from day 1. It's painfully obvious a narrative was being pushed from the start. It's obvious why the footage of cops strolling around opening doors for buffalo hat man were not shown. It's obvious this was done for political purposes.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:

@zaryia: I truly don't care about Tuckers show. I'm not invested

Your OP says otherwise lmao wtf?

@sargentd said:

Was there violence and property damage? Yes?

Was that the majority of the people there? No.

Who said it was the majority? The people who committed crimes are being prosected/charged. The actual people responsible are being looked into. What's the issue.

Why post videos where Tucker lied?

• PolitiFact | Tucker Carlson airs Jan. 6 footage, downplays violence at the US Capitol
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SargentD

@zaryia: point is I'm interested in the full footage. Tucker has it. I don't care about his show or Tucker as much as I care what footage was hidden from the American people.

"Who said it was the majority? The people who committed crimes are being prosecuted/charged. The actual people responsible are being looked into. What's the issue."

I do think the people awaiting trial for being on the capitals grounds that day were not given a fair trial, that video evidence should have been given to the DOJ immediately and each person charged should have been allowed access to it, being it's video evidence and would help clarify guilt or innocence for a lot of these people. It's a major scandal that this amount of footage/evidence was being withheld from the DOJ by the legislative branch.

Ray Epps is on camera inciting violence and has not been charged. Why is the government defending this guy in particular?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

I do think the people awaiting trial for being on the capitals grounds that day were not given a fair trial,

Because you like crime if it's by a Republican. You're an extreme tribal.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

"It was a mistake, in my view, for Fox News to depict this in a way that's completely at variance with what our chief law enforcement official here at the Capitol thinks," McConnell told reporters.

"Clearly the chief of the Capitol Police, in my view, correctly describes what most of us witnessed firsthand on January 6. So that's my reaction to it," he said.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/07/1161686255/fox-tucker-carlson-jan-6-security-tapes-mcconnell-manger

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1633161730821074944?s=20

Dan Crenshaw, Mitt Romney, Lindsay Graham, Mike Rounds, Kevin Cramer, Thom Tillis, Mitch McConnell, think Tucker Carlson is misleading viewers.

MTG, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, believe Tucker. I wonder where each member will go on what side.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SargentD

@thatforumuser: not surprising. The uni-party walks together in stride. McConnel, Crenshaw, Graham taking that position is not surprising at all.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SargentD

@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

I do think the people awaiting trial for being on the capitals grounds that day were not given a fair trial,

Because you like crime if it's by a Republican. You're an extreme tribal.

that video evidence should have been given to the DOJ immediately and each person charged should have been allowed access to it, being it's video evidence and would help clarify guilt or innocence for a lot of these people. It's a major scandal that this amount of footage/evidence was being withheld from the DOJ by the legislative branch.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

@thatforumuser: not surprising. The uni-party walks together in stride. McConnel, Crenshaw, Graham taking that position is not surprising at all.

You're lying and trolling this entire thread. This is proven via fact checks.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SargentD

@zaryia: how am I lying

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SargentD
Loading Video...

The federal government withholding video evidence from people's defense attorneys is a major issue.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

@zaryia: how am I lying

Sure,

Transparency of exactly what happened on Jan 6th sounds good to me!

This wasn't transparency of exactly what happened.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SargentD

@zaryia: explain to me how it's legal for the federal government to withhold video evidence from people's defense attorneys. Explain it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@sargentd said:

@zaryia: explain to me how it's legal for the federal government to withhold video evidence from people's defense attorneys. Explain it.

How do you know these attorneys didn't receive relevant info? How does release it to Tucker Carlson but not them make sense?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SargentD
@horgen said:
@sargentd said:

How do you know these attorneys didn't receive relevant info? How does release it to Tucker Carlson but not them make sense?

When Democrats controlled the house they failed to release the full footage. Now that Republicans control the house they have released the full footage.

Attorneys are already filling for mistrials or to have their clients case thrown out with prejudice after seeing the footage the legislative branch was keeping away from the Department of Justice. Claiming this footage was not given to them and was withheld.

Tbh the DOJ can't give them the video evidence if it was being withheld by the legislative branch. However this is a failure of government. The legislative branch should not have withheld this evidence from the DOJ. Keep in mind this was the legislative branch who was busy doing thier own "Jan 6th committee". This is a bigger scandal than a lot of you guys realize.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Zaryia

@sargentd said:
@horgen said:
@sargentd said:

When Democrats controlled the house they failed to release the full footage. Now that Republicans control the house they have released the full footage.

Attorneys are already filling for mistrials or to have their clients case thrown out with prejudice after seeing the footage the legislative branch was keeping away from the Department of Justice. Claiming this footage was not given to them and was withheld.

Tbh the DOJ can't give them the video evidence if it was being withheld by the legislative branch. However this is a failure of government. The legislative branch should not have withheld this evidence from the DOJ. Keep in mind this was the legislative branch who was busy doing thier own "Jan 6th committee". This is a bigger scandal than a lot of you guys realize.

@sargentd said:

1. So you agree Tucker lied and mislead about the footage right?

2. Do you have sources for your claims?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SargentD

@zaryia: actually tucker was right. He called out the violence that was committed by some and even showed that footage (we had already seen it)

But then he showed the footage that wasn't shown, the footage does not show everyone being a lunatic, a whole lot of of people walking around as bystanders, video footage of capital police opening the doors for people to enter..

It's important to see everything, and not just selective footage to paint a narrative for political hit points.

That shaman guy got 4 years in prison and was escorted by capital police. Capital police opened the door for him and walked around with him. That video footage was never given to his defense attorney.

If you can't see what the problem is with that... I don't know what to tell you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

@zaryia: actually tucker was right.

He was also wrong,

@sargentd said:

But then he showed the footage that wasn't shown, the footage does not show everyone being a lunatic, a whole lot of of people walking around as bystanders, video footage of capital police opening the doors for people to enter..

No one said that didn't happen.

@sargentd said:

It's important to see everything, and not just selective footage to paint a narrative for political hit points.

Tucker is literally painting a narrative and that's why it was only given to him.

Why not give it to a real news source? Why to a proven and literal fake news guy?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

Oh it's surprising. They're actually telling the truth. In regard to video, we all saw what happened and we don't need lying Tucker to tell us what we saw.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SargentD
@girlusocrazy said:
@sargentd said:

Watch what ever you want but Cable News is garbage. I see so many Boomers that blindly watch one or the other depending on their leaning. Old boomer Repubs always watching Fox news. Old boomer Democrats watching thier MSNBC and CNN.

Both talking crap about the people that watch the opposing one to which one they watch. People that get most of their news from cable tend to be the least informed. Cable news is basically entertainment. You might as well be watching TMZ. Cable news is gross. Boomers put way to much faith in it. Seen it with both right and left wingers.

I recently was visiting my in-laws. Constantly going between MSNBC and CNN. MSNBC was doing a Story on FOX as well as CNN.

My mother inlaw asked me what I think. I told her this is like watching Burger King and McDonald's talking trash about Wendy's.

It's all trash and bad for you.

Yup I hate cable news.

But unfortunately cable news (fox) is the only place that has the full footage I'm interested in. Hopefully it all gets dumped for the public.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zaryia

@sargentd said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@sargentd said:

Watch what ever you want but Cable News is garbage. I see so many Boomers that blindly watch one or the other depending on their leaning. Old boomer Repubs always watching Fox news. Old boomer Democrats watching thier MSNBC and CNN.

Both talking crap about the people that watch the opposing one to which one they watch. People that get most of their news from cable tend to be the least informed. Cable news is basically entertainment. You might as well be watching TMZ. Cable news is gross. Boomers put way to much faith in it. Seen it with both right and left wingers.

I recently was visiting my in-laws. Constantly going between MSNBC and CNN. MSNBC was doing a Story on FOX as well as CNN.

My mother inlaw asked me what I think. I told her this is like watching Burger King and McDonald's talking trash about Wendy's.

But unfortunately cable news (fox) is the only place that has the full footage I'm interested in.

Yeah McCarthy is really slime for doing that, giving it to a fake news host.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SargentD

@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@sargentd said:

But unfortunately cable news (fox) is the only place that has the full footage I'm interested in.

Much better than the Democrats not giving it to anyone... 🤐🤐🤐

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@zaryia said:

Once again it's a national security threat.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@girlusocrazy: cope

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Zaryia
@FireEmblem_Man said:

This entire thread, including Tucker fake news, is far right cope for Jan 6th. There really will be no successful defense of it, ever. A historic failure.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17670 Posts

@zaryia said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

This entire thread, including Tucker fake news, is far right cope for Jan 6th. There really will be no defense of it, ever. A historic failure.

Cope will continue though. We’re going to be dealing with these attempts at revisionism for a long, long time.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@zaryia said:

@girlusocrazy said:
@sargentd said:

But unfortunately cable news (fox) is the only place that has the full footage I'm interested in. Hopefully it all gets dumped for the public.

They do not have the full footage, they refused to air parts of that footage

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@MirkoS77 said:
@zaryia said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

This entire thread, including Tucker fake news, is far right cope for Jan 6th. There really will be no defense of it, ever. A historic failure.

Cope will continue though. We’re going to be dealing with these attempts at revisionism for a long, long time.

This timeline is something else man lmao

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@zaryia said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

i'm sure as we speak some muppets in floriduh are frantically scribbling together new history books that will be required reading in the state's elementary schools soon

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@zaryia said:

Lets not forget what the event was about.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:

Lets not forget what the event was about.

Oh definitely an attack on democracy. Disgusting to see any American defend it. I don't care what your ideology is.