FF7R secret bombing demo: This blows away every other upcoming AAA RPG in scope and gameplay!

• 158 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@calvincfb said:

@kali-b1rd: we don't know if the remaining story will be told in 2 parts. They never confirmed that.

Him saying it has FF15 combat proves this guy didn't even watch the video, the damage control is amazing.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Sony has stated that PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games so being able to play this on the PS5 was a given.

Does the interview quote mean that playing on the PS5 will have benefits over the PS4 version? Like launch PS4 vs PS4 Pro?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@calvincfb said:

@kali-b1rd: we don't know if the remaining story will be told in 2 parts. They never confirmed that.

Then that is even worse. Nevermind the fact that the development is crossing over into another console generation.... they better just keep it consistently THIS GEN in art otherwise it's going to be jarring.

What, you want a 5 part series all costing full price?

When are features like chocobo racing and breeding going to be relevant? how do you keep them relevant across games?

What idiot decided "we need to explore Midgar more" seriously?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Kali-B1rd

@boxrekt said:
@calvincfb said:

Him saying it has FF15 combat proves this guy didn't even watch the video, the damage control is amazing.

Yea I watched the video. It's not the exact same buttons, but for the most part you have a series of combo mashes, then you can use magic or limit breaks.

Obviously, it looks like they have made steps in the right direction (being able to control any specific character etc). But it is what it is, an evolution of FF15's style combat.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BoxRekt
@Telekill said:

Sony has stated that PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games so being able to play this on the PS5 was a given.

Does the interview quote mean that playing on the PS5 will have benefits over the PS4 version? Like launch PS4 vs PS4 Pro?

That is the take away.

@kali-b1rd said:

Its by the director that has made nothing but shit. couldn't even get KH3 right.

Literally an entire game on Midgar... MIDGAR! why? if the other 2 parts are equal size/length then that means there will be TONS of content cut or rushed because Midgar was a tiny spec of the game... talking 3-4 hours of a 40 hour game.

This is going to be an absolute mess, it doesn't matter how pretty it is, how many cutscenes there are, its still FF15's broken gameplay mashed in with materia.

20-30 hours of midgar... After all this time they still can't show us a boss fight from start to finish, likely because its absolutely mindless.

AMAZING DECISION.

EDIT - Summon materia locked behind pre-order and dlc? LOL want your MASTER SUMMON MATERIA? PAY $100

Nice attempt at a fear mongering negative speculation rant.

Strike 1. there is no content "cut" from this game. It's a complete reimagining of the FF7 story. Comparing it directly with FF7's structure shows you aren't paying attention or are desperate to spread misinformation.

It's being delivered as a full sized stand alone Final Fantasy game. Suggesting something might be cut is literally a lie because they are adding things the original game never had. This is a fully self contained game like titles of the FFXIII trilogy.

Loading Video...

Strike 2. The combat is also nothing like FF15, that's another desperate swing and miss. I provide a video detailing gameplay and you'd still rather spout nonsense pulled from your ass.

Lastly, "20-30 hours of midgar" is that your assumption of FF7R length? FF7R is being released as a full stand alone game experience the size of a standard FF title. FF7R would be 40hr at a bare minimum. There are no 20 or 30 hr FF games so that's another strike.

You're out.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@kali-b1rd: They probably don't want to do the open world segments on current gen hardware.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Kali-B1rd
@boxrekt said:
@Telekill said:

That is the take away.

@kali-b1rd said:

Its by the director that has made nothing but shit. couldn't even get KH3 right.

Literally an entire game on Midgar... MIDGAR! why? if the other 2 parts are equal size/length then that means there will be TONS of content cut or rushed because Midgar was a tiny spec of the game... talking 3-4 hours of a 40 hour game.

This is going to be an absolute mess, it doesn't matter how pretty it is, how many cutscenes there are, its still FF15's broken gameplay mashed in with materia.

20-30 hours of midgar... After all this time they still can't show us a boss fight from start to finish, likely because its absolutely mindless.

AMAZING DECISION.

EDIT - Summon materia locked behind pre-order and dlc? LOL want your MASTER SUMMON MATERIA? PAY $100

Nice attempt at a fear mongering negative speculation rant.

Strike 1. there is no content "cut" from this game. It's a complete reimagining of the FF7 story.

It's being delivered as a full sized stand alone Final Fantasy game. Suggesting something might be cut is literally a lie because they are adding things the original game never had. This is a fully self contained game like titles within the FFIII trilogy.

Loading Video...

Strike 2. The combat is also nothing like FF15, that's another desperate swing and miss fail.

Lastly, "20-30 hours of midgar" is that your assumption of FF7R length? FF7R is being released as a full stand alone game experience the size of a standard FF title. FF7R would be a minimum of 40hrs. There are no 20 or 30 hr FF games so that's another strike.

You're out.

What are you on about "strike", don't be such a turd.

1) Nobody said there was content cut. I already knew this. The problem is when you fill out and split up a game, the coherence of various features throughout a SINGLE GAME may not translate well. They have already stated that the Honeybee stuff will be tamed down. Also, do we know if certain mini games will return? what about the battle for the pheonix egg? takes alot more time to develop mini games now. How will features work across games?

How will progression feel? "Make progression in midgar feel like a full games progress" ... yea, and then they pull a shit Kingdom Hearts "Oh, we lost all our power again" or what? Cloud is already friggin teleporting around nearly and its the start of the game.

2) It's an evolution of it ABSOLUTELY. and its all in the same vain as FF15/KH , telling me a "ATB bar that when full allows you to use an ability" doesn't change the fact that most of it is dodge, hack n slash, block. the ATB system is a sensible evolution of FF15's shitty spell system. And the lack of ally control was a BIG COMPLAINT of FF15 so naturally they changed it.

3) I don't care if its 20-40 hours .... how the hell can you pad out midgar that much? what's the point? Oh yay 40 hours of industrial scenery grinding away to get into the Shinra building then escape on a bike.. which you would have probably done 5-10 times throughout that 40 hours already losing any of its original charm.

It's not doom and gloom, its question why the flying f*ck would make a 4 hour segment (That video stating its 6-7 is typical midgar run its hype fanboy lies.) into a 40 hour segment, and they have not answered the Tough questions on how you make multiple games without being an inconsistent, long-winded padded mess.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BoxRekt
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Yeah, I'm sure this youtube video reviewer isn't biased at all.

Yes he is bias, he says FF7 is his favorite game of all time.

That also means his expectations for a remake of the game would be higher than virtually any other game he's seen.

With that said, no one here should try to question his credibility. He's more influential, credible and respected than anyone in this fanboy board, this website or most other random video game personalities...

Loading Video...

He's respected enough to even affect the development of the actual game.

At least the development team feels that way!!!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

I don't think a remake of an old game blows any upcoming RPG out of water when Cyberpunk 2077 is in view.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@kali-b1rd: I really think you're overreacting...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BoxRekt
@jaydan said:

I don't think a remake of an old game blows any upcoming RPG out of water when Cyberpunk 2077 is in view.

Looks like someone didn't know Cyberpunk 2077 is also a reinvisioning of an old RPG...

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@jaydan said:

Looks like someone didn't know Cyberpunk 2077 is also a reinvisioning of an old RPG...

LOL a Book n Board RPG is not a video game, so no.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

@vfighter said:

@pc_rocks: When have they made a good game...is that some sort of trick question?

Nope, that was a statement.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@jaydan said:

Actually no it's not a remake. "Re-envisioning" and remake are also two separate things. Final Fantasy 7 at least has remake in its title so there should be no confusion that it's a straight up remake of an old game.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

Yikes, cows are so desperate to get any scraps they can while they last. Trying to claim ownage over a timed exclusive in a shitty franchise from a crappy developer. Among consoles dying, PC gaming on the rise, Sony embracing streaming, calling them niche, allowing games to go to PC, next-gen turning up to an even stinker power wise, these poor species have nothing to look forward to.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fedor

@boxrekt: It's not a reenvisioning at all. The most you could call it is a sequel to a book n' board rpg from the 80's.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Calvincfb

Oh look, the beggar came back hurting and is having a meltdown LMFAO

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@boxrekt: I just don't care about his opinion. Call me skeptical, but I don't have high hopes about this game. Square hasn't made a good game in a while, so you'll have to forgive me if I go in with low expectations.

What I didn't like about the footage we've seen so far, is they made it look like a hack and slash, and I'm not a fan of hack and slashes. I'd rather it be a slower, more tactical gameplay style with high difficulty modifiers, like Dark Souls or Witcher 3 on Death March.

So, until I see some real gameplay footage instead of just 3 second snippets is when I'll decide if I truly want the game or not. I don't really care what you or any youtube personality has to say.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

I think this may be a stretch. Cyberpunk 2077 looks to be amazing. Nevertheless, I am still going to get this game 'cause it looks dope, especially after just watching FF7 Advent Children.

Not sure if I'll get it at launch, or just wait for the inevitable Xbox One version.

Also, off topic, but anyone have any ideas on how they will change some of the story from the original?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BoxRekt
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@boxrekt:

What I didn't like about the footage we've seen so far, is they made it look like a hack and slash, and *I'm not a fan of hack and slashes.*

I'd rather it be...likeDark Souls or Witcher 3 on Death March.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ThatDBFan

@i_p_daily said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah this game is looking and sounding like it’s going to be really amazing, I’m extremely hyped for it. As for Maximilian he’s my favourite streamer and YouTuber whom I watch regularly. I find him to be a really cool dude who’s very informative and entertaining to watch. He’s really good at breaking down gameplay mechanics and explaining them to his viewers.

I don't get it why do people watch others play games, talk about a waste of time. My gaming time is precious I wouldn't waste it watching other people having fun/bitching about my hobby.

I agree. I do watch gameplay vids and reviews to get an idea of what the game is like, but I'll never understand people watching gameplay videos as a replacement for the game. I did it once for Call of Duty MW3, and it ruined the game experience for me.

there's nothing like actually owning the game, and playing it your self for the first time... Or any time at that lol.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@boxrekt:

What I didn't like about the footage we've seen so far, is they made it look like a hack and slash, and *I'm not a fan of hack and slashes.*

I'd rather it be...likeDark Souls or Witcher 3 on Death March.

Thanks for cutting out half of my post. You sure are a shitty poster. Lol

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BoxRekt

@DragonfireXZ95: And yet the games you highlighted that say you'd rater FF7R be like...were 100% hack n slash combat RPG games ? which YOU claimed you're not a fan of.

I'm a shitty poster for pointing that out? lol so be it.

At least when I'm speaking on gameplay, I don't some how contradict myself in the very same post,

Mr. I'm not a fan of Hack n Slash, I'd rather have gameplay be like The Witcher 3 lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ThatDBFan

Anyone excited to how that part of Tifa slapping the shit out of Scarlett is gonna look?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Calvincfb

@boxrekt: these people do anything to hate something that's not on their platform of choice.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BoxRekt
@calvincfb said:

@boxrekt: these people do anything to hate something that's not on their platform of choice.

Seems to be, that was a massive foot-in-the-mouth selfownage moment for our friend Dragonfire.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fedor

@boxrekt: Dark Souls is not a hack n' slash. Witcher 3 on Death March isn't one either.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Dark Souls is not a hack n' slash. Witcher 3 on Death March isn't one either.

Uhh so how is FF7R hack n slash going by that logic?

I need to hear what kind of metrics you guys are using to determine what is hack n slash vs not because I don't know in what world Dark Souls is not hack n slash.

Yes it's an RPG, but going by everything I've known since I've been gaming, that gameplay type is definitely hack n slash and so is TW3.

Break it down for this poor fella

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Fedor

@boxrekt: I never said FF7 was a hack n' slash.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: I never said FF7 was a hack n' slash.

ok as long as everything is across the board on your scale.

DragonfireXZ95, however, the guy I was in the conversation with that spawn this conversation, did claim FF7R was hack n slash and also said he's not a fan of hack n slash.

In the same post he said he would rather FF7R combat be more like Dark Souls and The Witcher 3.

If he was trying to be funny it sure went over my head because I missed the joke.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Fedor

@boxrekt: If FF7R was only Cloud gameplay and shortcuts were always on then it could've been described as a hack n' slash.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: If FF7R was only Cloud gameplay and shortcuts were always on then it could've been described as a hack n' slash.

If Geralt didn't have witcher powers so could The Witcher 3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't know we could use "if" as a part of this equation.

If we're going to use "if" we could say any game could've been anything...only "if"

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: Witcher 3 on Death March was specified. On lower difficulties you can just spam quick attack all day. You've more than likely never played on this difficulty so I'll forgive your ignorance.

Basically what I'm saying is Cloud's specific gameplay is hack n slash but someone like Barrett or Aerith clearly isn't. It's pretty easy to understand.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Witcher 3 on Death March was specified. On lower difficulties you can just spam quick attack all day.

How exactly dose that change the combat gameplay type?

Loading Video...

The Witcher 3 on Death March...clearly totally not hack n slash heavy gameplay *now* ?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Fedor

@boxrekt: Not sure what your point is with the video? I guess you think any game with a sword in it is a hack n slash? Well, have fun with that.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Witcher 3 on Death March was specified. On lower difficulties you can just spam quick attack all day. You've more than likely never played on this difficulty so I'll forgive your ignorance.

Basically what I'm saying is Cloud's specific gameplay is hack n slash but someone like Barrett or Aerith clearly isn't. It's pretty easy to understand.

The gameplay type didn't change just the difficulty.

What a ridiculous argument you've come up with while the original poster who owned himself using similar nonsense logic has already fled the discussion.

There is no ignorance on my end. I was just trying to humor you through your BS argument to see if you actually had a good foundation for any of this. It turns out you really don't.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: Lol don't be a baby. It's not my fault you've never played it and are ignorant.

You literally linked a video called "how to survive Death March". If the way you play didn't change why would the video exist?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Calvincfb

@boxrekt: they almost always own themselves in their meltdowns, all I can do is laugh.

And by Fedor logic, devil may cry and Bayonetta are not hack n slash too, if they're played on hard mode. Lol these people are crazy.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Fedor

@calvincfb: Here comes the backup LMAO!!! Guess you think Dark Souls is a hack n slash as well...

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@fedor: Dark Souls lacks all the cinematics to break toe gameplay, so its a hack n slash rofl.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Calvincfb

@fedor: no, i don't. Final fantasy isn't either. But according to previous logic, any game with physical and real time combat that uses a cutting weapon is a hack n slash, which is a dumb thinking.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Fedor

@calvincfb said:

@fedor: no, i don't. Final fantasy isn't either. But according to previous logic, any game with physical and real time combat that uses a cutting weapon is a hack n slash, which is a dumb thinking.

Funny, thats exactly what boxxy is claiming. Happy you agree with me, bud.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Kali-B1rd
@calvincfb said:

@kali-b1rd: I really think you're overreacting...

I think I'm being realistic. And they have the track record to prove it.

This is absolute milking and will cause massive pacing issues.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#95 Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19626 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:

After all this time they still can't show us a boss fight from start to finish

Fake news. They already showed-off the entire first boss battle at E3:

Final Fantasy VII E3 Trailers

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@pc_rocks: A stupid statement, but that's on par with most of your post I guess.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Calvincfb

@fedor: boxrekt was replying to Dragonfire, who made that statement in the first place. Read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Calvincfb

@vfighter: what did you expect from someone that reeks of insecurity?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Fedor

@calvincfb: I specifically was talking to him about Dark Souls and TW3DM. You're the one who jumped into the middle of it.

He's also the one claiming "any game with physical and real time combat that uses a cutting weapon is a hack n slash", which you called dumb thinking...

It's ok, you agree with me, buddy. We can be friendly, you don't have to blindly agree with cashangry/tgob like a sheep.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@calvincfb: I specifically was talking to him about Dark Souls and TW3DM. You're the one who jumped into the middle of it.

He's also the one claiming "any game with physical and real time combat that uses a cutting weapon is a hack n slash", which you called dumb thinking...

It's ok, you agree with me, buddy. We can be friendly, you don't have to blindly agree with cashangry/tgob like a sheep.

Dragonfire was the one who came into the argument calling FF7R hack n Salsh when claiming Dark Souls and TW3 was not.

That's why you shouldn't jump in the middle of a discussion trying to be it's spokesman when you don't know what the hell is going on.

When you FIRST said FF7R was also not hack n slash I said, "ok, as long as you're across the board".After that you've tried backtrack and wiggle the argument back to FF7R possibly being hack n slash with "if" situations.

At that point I had enough of your white knight BS and mental gymnastics to defend the argument of a fellow PC fanboy who had already abandoned the argument after contradicting himself and getting owned for it.